VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely just rolled his eyes a second time. His entire demeanour is like he doesn't have to act anymore.
Yeah, someone probably told him the jury has tuned him out and wasn't looking at him anymore, and all the sniffling and rocking and crocodile tears weren't getting him anywhere and may have even been interpreted as insulting -- they ain't no fools -- so he can drop the theatrics and let his guard down, and now we're seeing the real dealio reptilio side of AM.

MOO

I believe AM is guilty, but that has to be one of the worst closings I have ever listened to. He was all over the place, redundant and boring. He didn’t weave together a story to make it easier on the jurors.

I came in late to this trial, but this courtroom seems a bit unprofessional. From the judge waving that e-mail asking for someone who works there to the guy barking for everyone to be quiet today after the last break. Why does the defense and the defendant not stand for the jury? I also thought judges usually stand as well. I read many comments praising this judge, but he comes across as very grumpy to me. Hopefully the prosecution finishes strong tomorrow.

Creighton Waters is hitting home some good runs IMO. The lie he told the jury about the blue lights being ok'd by former Sheriff Smalls, the Solicitors Badge hanging out of his pocket at the hospital after the boat crash.

Important stuff MOO
Agreed!

One reason CW has been "lengthy" (as some have put it) in his closing statement is this: the jury has not been able to take notes! Any notes. Nada. Nothing.

While many of us here at WS have been viewing the entire proceedings (including the "in-camera" witnesses, etc.), the jury has not seen all of that, and yet...they have no way (short of amazing memories) to recall this extensive information from witnesses. Thus, CW has been walking the jury through the "timeline", helping to neaten things up/clarify in the minds of the jurors.

While yes, it would have been nice had CW used an actual timeline, alas! There are waaaay too many details to simply "fit" into a regular timeline... Hence, CW's ppt slides, many including photographs of the crime scene, of evidence, and even (BEST of all) the dog kennels video (with the "unknown"/s/ third voice).

May each juror recognize his/her responsibility to do the work of being a juror: to bring justice!

I think pens might be a hot item for them.. I recall he was so excited to win 6 soups and 4 meat sticks or maybe it was the other way around over the football game betting.. maybe pens are a good for trading?
Maybe he's gonna try and get Buster that $10M life insurance after all? Nah, he loves himself waaaaay too much.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member