VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it came out in testimony that quite some time later, the blue raincoat was found in a closet that stored a lot of junk, at AM's parent's home? hell, That blue raincoat could have been worn many times as the good ole boys went hog shooting or duck hunting. i dont thin GSR evaporates. Old GSR in my opinion. Raincoat irrelevant to this case. MOO
IMO, it has been shown that he had that raincoat the night of the murders and was seen with the 'blue tarp' on that night. Then, Alex goes to a mere one location post-murders and 'visits' and the coat mysteriously shows up there later with GSR.

Just one more 'coincidence' I suppose. It's relevent as he was seen with it and transported it away from the scene to where it was found on the very evening of a double homicide.

Or, maybe if one is for 'not guilty', he perhaps utilized all those footsteps post-rocket-nap running around looking for blue raincoat to grab and take with him to his moms that night for no reason whatsoever and that explains away him being sighted with it. Funny he forgot to mention that in his testimony when they asked him what he was doing during all those footsteps. One would think he'd remember that tidbit (I mean, if one were Alex that could have been ued to explain away more circumstantial evidence they had against me).

IMO, too many circumstances in totality adding up to 'guilty' here due to not one single piece of circumstanial evidence or hard evidence pointing to anyone other than him.

Could aliens have swooped in or the 5'2' random kids and done it? Possible, but not probable. This guy is guilty as sin IMO.

All the sniveling, snot, fake tears and pathetic nicknames in the world aren't going to save him. He has banked absolutely NOTHING in the positive column! There is NO goodwill. NO charity. NO kind acts. NO selflessness. NO community There is only Alex. It's always been Alex. The World revolves around Alex. I. Me. Mine!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the jury doesn't take much time deciding. I think they will return a verdict of guilty. I'm changing my mind and I think we will have a decision by Fri night
I agree, and appreciate your long description of southern life vs other places. I am South Carolinian, but have lived in other countries. Thankfully Now back home in SC. There is no place like the South. Yes, AM made the South look bad, but most southerners absolutely trade in trust, integrity and courtesy. For every corrupt man here, there are 100 Salt of the Earth really good ones. I hate that people from the outside are looking at this and thinking we are all corrupt bumpkins. Don’t let the accent fool you, we’re not all dummies; we just like the way we talk. There are good, good people here who value Good.
i agree that the jury won’t take long. It wouldn’t surprise me if they took a first preliminary vote and found that they were all at Guilty already. Unless they have been threatened, they will not stand for this.

Last edited:
If you mean the top right window, I think it’s a reflection of the sky and tree. It is windy. I noticed the same shadowing when they pulled up to the house and then there is the same type of darkening of the top left window when the cameraman was walking around.(IMO). Law and Crime did not record the stuffed chicken in the kennel.
Watch again. Top left window and top right window. Start at 11:45 and watch. Those aren't shadows from trees - the curtains are clearly being pulled back by people on the inside of that house.

The chicken is seen in one of the still photos previously linked that were taken during the visit.

Thread is a little slow right now so maybe a bit of supposition will liven it up. Just a little food for thought. The cell phone activity or inactivity bothers me. Just because your phone goes silent and is not in use doesn't mean you're immediately dead. Isn't it also possible that some disturbance or distraction got their immediate attention? They then rushed to see what was happening and ended up being held at bay, possibly forced to put things in order at the kennel before one or maybe more of the intruders literally executed them thus changing the prosecution timeline? As far as the weapons are concerned, it isn't clear who could have had possession of them or if they were positively AM's. Add to that, gun safety didn't appear to be a priority around that place. Just asking for a friend.....

This may have already been asked and answered but i an going to try. Does anyone think the artist sketch shown in court that Alec did with the police of the "suspect" looks like Rogan Gibson? I was reviewimg some testimony and it struck me that Rogan and the sketch were very close.
Yes, there is "some" resemblance, but the sketch is a dead ringer for Anthony Cook (from the boat wreck).
To provide enough detail for a sketch like that you would have to have a specific image in your mind and I think AM conjured up Anthony.

FpHh6yWaAAEIbM_

I wish CW would have said 2 people that didn't have a voice Paul and Maggie, but Paul the little detective did have a voice with that video.. the one he never got to send.. the one that exposed the biggest lie his dad told.
The higher power that exist will at times leave a message for the living to find to make sure that those taken from us will be heard IMO.

IMO, it has been shown that he had that raincoat the night of the murders and was seen with the 'blue tarp' on that night. Then, Alex goes to a mere one location post-murders and 'visits' and the coat mysteriously shows up there later with GSR.

Just one more 'coincidence' I suppose. It's relevent as he was seen with it and transported it away from the scene to where it was found on the very evening of a double homicide.

Or, maybe if one is for 'not guilty', he perhaps utilized all those footsteps post-rocket-nap running around looking for blue raincoat to grab and take with him to his moms that night for no reason whatsoever and that explains away him being sighted with it. Funny he forgot to mention that in his testimony when they asked him what he was doing during all those footsteps. One would think he'd remember that tidbit (I mean, if one were Alex that could have been ued to explain away more circumstantial evidence they had against me).

IMO, too many circumstances in totality adding up to 'guilty' here due to not one single piece of circumstanial evidence or hard evidence pointing to anyone other than him.

Could aliens have swooped in or the 5'2' random kids and done it? Possible, but not probable. This guy is guilty as sin IMO.
I am pretty sure John Marvin told the story about the blue raincoat being found at his father's home in a closet that stored junk. There was NO biological material of AM found on that raincoat, that i am aware of. What exactly does a blue raincoat prove? Was he seen wearing it? Holding it? Using it in some fashion? It's a red herring..jmo

Thread is a little slow right now so maybe a bit of supposition will liven it up. Just a little food for thought. The cell phone activity or inactivity bothers me. Just because your phone goes silent and is not in use doesn't mean you're immediately dead. Isn't it also possible that some disturbance or distraction got their immediate attention? They then rushed to see what was happening and ended up being held at bay, possibly forced to put things in order at the kennel before one or maybe more of the intruders literally executed them thus changing the prosecution timeline? As far as the weapons are concerned, it isn't clear who could have had possession of them or if they were positively AM's. Add to that, gun safety didn't appear to be a priority around that place. Just asking for a friend.....
It's always good to suss these things out.

I've thought about it and your susposition that they didn't die right around the time their phones went dead doesn't quite fly with me. (But that's just me.) Paul was in the middle of an active conversation. And, yes, there could have been an 'event' that held them off from using their phones but what would it be? No killer is going to make them clean up. No killer(s) would hold them demanding answers for something. What would they know that could possibly help?

They were found in two different spots and Paul was in the feed room. They were clearly taken by surprise and had no defensive wounds.

Shelley Smith, who took care of Murdaugh’s mom, testified Monday that she saw Murdaugh at his parents’ home holding what she described as a blue tarp.

When Smith was shown a photo with the jacket balled up in a closet she said that was the item she saw.

A blue tarp was also collected from the home. Photos of the tarp show one side of the tarp to be silver, something Smith said she never saw.

I thought CW's closing of his closing was good. I get that they have to go over everything beforehand but it seemed long. Maybe I watch too much tv.
The part about Maggie running to her baby really hit home with me. I hadn't thought about it that way before but I think it's totally on point. Poor Maggie.
I also liked what CW said about Paul being shot...it makes sense to me. AM thought he had blown Paul away with a shot straight to the chest/heart area and he saw the blood. So AM took a step to the side to reach down for the other gun but Paul came partly out the doorway like a ghost. I never thought about that but that really makes sense to me.
AM didn't even have to work hard to get Maggie...she ran to the scene and was only 12 steps away.
Just wow.

It's always good to suss these things out.

I've thought about it and your susposition that they didn't die right around the time their phones went dead doesn't quite fly with me. (But that's just me.) Paul was in the middle of an active conversation. And, yes, there could have been an 'event' that held them off from using their phones but what would it be? No killer is going to make them clean up. No killer(s) would hold them demanding answers for something. What would they know that could possibly help?

They were found in two different spots and Paul was in the feed room. They were clearly taken by surprise and had no defensive wounds.
appreciate your view

If you mean the top right window, I think it’s a reflection of the sky and tree. It is windy. I noticed the same shadowing when they pulled up to the house and then there is the same type of darkening of the top left window when the cameraman was walking around.(IMO). Law and Crime did not record the stuffed chicken in the kennel.
I think you must be right, I can’t imagine if a similar looking shirt to Alex’s was hanging in the window that there would not have been major objections from both attorneys and immediate halt put to the Moselle field trip. moo

L&C posted the photo of the chicken in the kennel. Not sure about windy, pool reported "a light breeze".

Was this after his sister gave him the contraband? He may be buying pills in jail, for all we know (it happens) but had they found a way to get his fix to him?
One thing we know for sure: he was not putting money into other inmates’ canteen account out of the kindness of his heart! He was buying something for himself, one way or the other- canteen, drugs, phoned in bomb threats…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18