VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to buy me a yellow lab.( We used to have one and it’s time for another one.)
I was trying to decide whether to name it Judge Newman, after my favorite judge, or CW after my favorite prosecutor.
After today, I might have to name it, Meadors.
I’m blown away. A tour de force.
I think it would be sweet to name it after the judge -- Judge Newman is The Bomb!! Then every time it's on the move or you call it, you could say "Here Comes The Judge !!" : )

I'm convinced that they would not have charged him without that video. He was not indicted for the murders until after they got into Paul's phone and obtained the video.
Sorta shows they weren't "after him" or any other thing the defense might claim. He had SO many chances to say the truth, even after he came clean with the drugs and went to detox or rehab or both (losing track of his stories at this point) in Sept. 2021.. he could have said at ANY time after that with a clear head, hey I was down there. He waited until the video is out and by then LE has asked for his recall of events so many times and he lied every time.. he still lied to his family and friends because they all said he never told them he was down there either. What other choice did they have but to think it's him, he is still lying about being there. At that point, they had no evidence pointing to anyone else. They looked at cell records and alibis for many people, even the kids (victims) from the boat.

His just knowingly and quickly shoving that pen/marker down his pants pocket so hard, quick to me meant that he just WANTS THAT bad even for the instant moment it is not taken from him and he can do damage to himself. I think he plans on NOT going to a crummy type prison if found guilty. I think he is seeing that he will be found guilty. It's the WAY he made sure he had that pen and shoved so DEFINATELY down into his pocket, checking to make sure way down and had it. He knows they will find/pat down all that and prob saw for sure, but in an instant before that, I feel he will try to use it on himself now.
IMO it's one of two things. He hopes the jury sees him taking the pen, feels sorry for him that he's so upset he may be suicidal or he is just so defiant that he can't let anyone tell him what he can & can't do. Like an incorrigible child. :mad:

Anyone who has lost a loved one will mentally replay their last moments with them... the words, the mood, the feelings, etc. Not only did AM never actually share those last moments with his wife and son... he denied they even occurred... he wasn't there! Even if he isn't an "open and sharing" kind of person, he was asked over and over and over by people who were trying to find their killers. 'Seems to me, if he wasn't the killer, he had no reason at all to lie about these final details.

jmo

I agree.
It would be much tougher to place AM at the scene so close to the phones locking forever and even with AM's timeline of events (waking up from a nap and leaving for his mothers).
A big cheer for PM for having the video and Bubba and the chicken for the chaos that caused AM to shout out, "Buuubaaa".
The irony is PM solved his own murder!

He has to change his clothing into jail garb, so does someone watch to see if the pen gets transferred into his prison undergarments?

Easy to make a shank out of a pen, very valuable item to sell in jail

Doesn't he wear his trial clothes until he gets back to the jail? He's on camera - I think he's in civilian clothes every time I see him get in and out of the cage-van.

If he intends self-harm, it would take only seconds with most pens. It's entirely possible he just wanted a pen to write with, of course, but LE can't look at it that way.

IMO.

Nancy Grace just said the juror with the blanket was nodding vigorously when JG was delivering his closing arguments.
Oh no. Well, there you have it, if that's true. Hung jury. And she's been telegraphing that she doesn't want to hear any more, for at least a week.

Sheesh.

IMO.

Isn't he facing like 99 financial charges. IMO he won't be getting out. We could only hope he would off himself in prison. It almost seems he's given up a bit by confessing under oath to the financial crimes.
Would the financial crimes be federal? Wouldn't that be a more comfy setup than doing life in a state prison?

Oh no. Well, there you have it, if that's true. Hung jury. And she's been telegraphing that she doesn't want to hear any more, for at least a week.
Is blanket and tissue juror still an alternate? I thought I heard it was a male who replaced dozen egg juror.

Edited:
Gardenista said that the replacement juror was a white male.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic