GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen a judge comment right after a verdict so approvingly like that before, saying there was an overwhelming amount of evidence. And he is correct.

I think all that "reasonable doubt" chatter on the internets was coming from a lot of trial newbies. I'm guessing the Johnny Depp trial got some new people into trial watching, but they don't yet understand criminal trials and how you have to put a lot of time in to learn what the evidence is and also how to weigh it.

I'm grateful for this site where the members do know what's up.

Judge Newman looks relieved and...glad. He knows so much more than we do.

Sentencing tomorrow!

I am in a state of shock. I joked to my husband about an hour ago that we should check the verdict (it had been about two hours). And I was so ready for a hung jury.

Amazing. And I hope all the skeptics think about jurisprudence - because this is an excellent example of the system working, despite a privileged <modsnip> man being on trial. As so many of us hoped. It's a small spark of joyous hope in our jurisprudence system.

The man who did the rebuttal for the prosecution (PLEASE remind me of his name - I know he's famous) was amazing. That was masterful.
Meadors

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I expected verdict by tomorrow evening but never dreamed it would come this soon. I am also a bit surprised that the defense didn’t at least ask for the sentencing to take place Monday instead of tomorrow. I think the judge would have even allowed more time than that and was surprised when they said 9:30 tomorrow morning. I won’t be able to watch the victim impact statements live tomorrow but I am relieved this trial is over and that the verdict was guilty and that sentencing will come soon.

Judge Newman looks relieved and...glad. He knows so much more than we do.

Sentencing tomorrow!

I am in a state of shock. I joked to my husband about an hour ago that we should check the verdict (it had been about two hours). And I was so ready for a hung jury.

Amazing. And I hope all the skeptics think about jurisprudence - because this is an excellent example of the system working, despite a privileged <modsnip> man being on trial. As so many of us hoped. It's a small spark of joyous hope in our jurisprudence system.

The man who did the rebuttal for the prosecution (PLEASE remind me of his name - I know he's famous) was amazing. That was masterful.
John Meadors did the brilliant rebuttal for the prosecution

Last edited by a moderator:
Think the final seal for me was, who wouldn’t be searching night and day for the person that killed your family. Constantly calling the police asking questions, asking for security for myself and other family members……..it was to obvious he wasn’t concerned.

A guilty verdict not only for Paul and Maggie but for all the people of Colleton and Hampton counties who have been used and abused by the depraved indifference of AM who put his own needs above those who came to him for help over the years. A true stone cold psychopath. Much respect, jurors.

IMO, AM took the stand to give testimony specifically to his family because he needs their support while he remains in prison for the rest of his life.

I don't believe AM will have any appellate argument pursuant to 403 because he testified. I could be wrong here but I don't see his verdict overturned and a new trial granted.

And given the quick verdict, I don't believe a 2nd trial would produce a different result.

Reportedly, AM turned his back to be cuffed and mouthed "I love you" to Buster but I saw no reaction from him -- watching him closely during the entire verdict. MOO

Just “got real” for AM, as set up by Meadors earlier today; but, I still have a very, very, very heavy heart; 2 innocent people died at the hands of their husband and father. No more bike rides for Maggie. No more messin’ with Bubba for Paul. Bless you Blanca and Bubba. AM has been silenced for eternity, his eyes went dark when he was told to rise - horrifyingly dark - like the darkness that overcame Maggie’s and Paul’s cell phone screens when they were blindsided by the person they trusted the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member