GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Gloria found the bags of pills, why was she AFRAID to tell Maggie so she told Paul, strange?
Can't recall where I saw it (I've watched the Netflix doc and several documentaries.. Dateline/20/20 and reading here and other places leading up to the trial so could be anywhere) but it was said she found the pills taped under the bed and she didn't want Maggie to think she was snooping. I can see that being a house keeper it might be awkward to present something you found to the homeowner. JMO

AM’s testimony was all ridiculously shocking but the one part that stood out to me was in the cross-examination when CW asked him if he had the blue lights in his car and the badge on the dashboard because he thought those would help him if he was pulled over. AM thought for a few seconds and said yes, he thought LE treated their own better. CW reminded him he was not LE and AM launched into a long talk about how it all benefited him. And he said with no regret and it was pretty obvious he saw nothing wrong with the blue lights and badge granting him privilege.
Business as usual for a Murdaugh.

IMO, AM is strategically not touching the trust, but I don't see how he can benefit from it while he is serving 2 consecutive life sentences....

JMO. moo
What about using the money in the commissary - one of the jail house phone calls recorded him asking his sister in law to put money in another prisoner’s account. Will he try to “buy friends” in prison?

Which types of evidence must always be turned over by the prosecutor?

The Brady rule, named after Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963), requires prosecutors to disclose materially exculpatory evidence in the government's possession to the defense.

This was not exculpatory. i am not a lawyer. i am not sure the prosecutor had to turn over the video to the defense. Anyone???

I don't know if anyone has answered you, but basically the answer is all the evidence with an emphasis on the word all.

The only issues, usually, are how quickly each side is to turn over evidence. You seem to think that before Brady, no evidence at all had to be turned over? Not true. Brady just clarified that exculpatory evidence must be turned over, even if the prosecution didn't plan to use it.

Now it's basically ALL the evidence. Period. And judges do not like surprises. OTOH, if someone found new evidence during the night before the next day of trial, they could go through motions to get it included - might cause a delay.

All the evidence (except attorney work product, which means "attorneys' legal thoughts and opinions" must be shared.

IMO. 20 years a paralegal, 30 years a legal anthropologist.

the explanation I heard was that she was concerned that Maggie would think she was snooping around

Of course she feared being fired. Probably asked to do a task in the same area, found the contraband.

I guess if one has never been a maid or housekeeper, esp for rich people, they might not realize how that would be a breach of how the employer understood the "do your work and don't see anything" rubric that maids and housekeepers must follow.

IMO

Really enjoyed listening to Dr. John Matthias (Hidden True Crime) A bit of what he had to say:

You literally have every member of that family sitting behind AM, the point is you have overwhelming evidence as the jury knew and took less than three hours to convict him - just like the boat crash yet not a single family member is willing to advocate for PM or MM, they’re all sitting behind AM , they’re all sitting behind him, pretending this is the boat crash where PM wasn’t driving … we all know PM was driving. This family rallied behind him, denied that he killed them despite all of the evidence.

No one speaks up to give PM or MM a voice. They’re all unified and believing this myth. It began with Randolph I and the train crash he thinks it was a suicide that’s why it’s so critical. That moment reverberates through the generations and it creates an incredibly enmeshed family rally around falsehoods because they’re more interested in their own interest and their own dynasty and saving that dynasty than they are the truth and making sense of this and holding their brother accountable.

I don't know if they had to turn it over, but the Alex did know about the video. From a response to a defense motion submitted by Creighton Waters in October:

The whole document is pretty interesting and worth reading, IMO.
yes, I read the document a bit back and the passage about the press getting information ahead of the State and court :eek:

AM’s testimony was all ridiculously shocking but the one part that stood out to me was in the cross-examination when CW asked him if he had the blue lights in his car and the badge on the dashboard because he thought those would help him if he was pulled over. AM thought for a few seconds and said yes, he thought LE treated their own better. CW reminded him he was not LE and AM launched into a long talk about how it all benefited him. And he said with no regret and it was pretty obvious he saw nothing wrong with the blue lights and badge granting him privilege.
Business as usual for a Murdaugh.
BOYS AND TOYS... BLUE LIGHTS ARE JUST A NUTZO STATUS SYMBOL FOR SOME. I live in a very rural community...i moved here with NO IDEA what the heck blue lights even meant..Yes, lovely people acquire blue lights and respond to an emergency..they receive 50$ per response., here In my experience, they were wonderful.. It's also a status symbol of sorts.. some are EMTs Some are untrained responders... again..boys...some think it's status..some love the adrenaline rush..and some are qualified EMTs. In any event, they need permission for the lights...qualification is ...I dunno..

Really enjoyed listening to Dr. John Matthias (Hidden True Crime) A bit of what he had to say:

You literally have every member of that family sitting behind AM, the point is you have overwhelming evidence as the jury knew and took less than three hours to convict him - just like the boat crash yet not a single family member is willing to advocate for PM or MM, they’re all sitting behind AM , they’re all sitting behind him, pretending this is the boat crash where PM wasn’t driving … we all know PM was driving. This family rallied behind him, denied that he killed them despite all of the evidence.

No one speaks up to give PM or MM a voice. They’re all unified and believing this myth. It began with Randolph I and the train crash he thinks it was a suicide that’s why it’s so critical. That moment reverberates through the generations and it creates an incredibly enmeshed family rally around falsehoods because they’re more interested in their own interest and their own dynasty and saving that dynasty than they are the truth and making sense of this and holding their brother accountable.
They loved am. he was their KIN...like all of us would react, they couldn't fathom the depth of this..they thought they knew him.. I cant fault them...

What about using the money in the commissary - one of the jail house phone calls recorded him asking his sister in law to put money in another prisoner’s account. Will he try to “buy friends” in prison?
Survival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member