SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I go about looking up the actual sale price in SC, for a private sale?

I did notice the tax values are on line, but could not find sale price for a couple of private sales. I know if the house is mortgaged, it will have a lien. The lien gives an idea of the amount paid.

I would love to look up, if MM paid any dollars for Mozelle. Did he transfer in return for cash? Also, would like to find what AM actually paid for Mozelle.

Thanks.
Moo

It’s unclear, however, why the disciplinary arm subpoenaed Boulware’s records — whether it’s to scrutinize how Murdaugh became owner of his 1,770-acre hunting property, Moselle; to investigate financial crimes Murdaugh may have committed against Boulware; or for another reason.

Barrett Boulware, described in his 2018 obituary as a commercial fisherman who operated out of Beaufort, owned the Moselle property — which has its own dedicated location on Facebook — until he transferred it to his wife in 2009.

Murdaugh acquired the land from Boulware’s wife, Jeannine Boulware, between 2013 and 2014. In a move similar to Barrett Boulware’s, Murdaugh transferred the property to his wife, Maggie Murdaugh, two years later.

Records show that Boulware granted Murdaugh power of attorney — the ability to handle all of his legal affairs — two months before he died in 2018.

He is also currently under constant surveillance from prison officials and only comes into contact with other inmates when he briefly leaves his cell.

Murdaugh will stay 45 days in the high-security prison while authorities gather additional background information and conduct medical and mental health assessments.

News Nation host Brian Entin on Thursday asked Levine, founder of Wall Street Prison Consultants, whether Murdaugh's lawyers could be appealing the decision on an attempt to move him out of the state prison and back into a county jail where conditions might be more comfortable.

"No. He has already been convicted. He has already been sentenced. Essentially he is serving his time," Levine responded.

Murdaugh's attorney Jim Griffin vowed to push back against the verdict by appealing the case and possibly filing it in the U.S. Supreme Court, according to The Independent. A notice to appeal has already been filed on behalf of Murdaugh, according to South Carolina Senator Dick Harpootlian, who is part of his legal team.

"Today @lawyergriffin and I filed our notice of appeal for Alex Murdaugh. This is the next step in the legal process to fight for Alex's constitutional right to a fair trial," Harpootlian tweeted on Thursday.

Levine described this appeal as a "waste of time," arguing that Murdaugh is "never" getting out of prison. He also predicted that he may not get out of the state prison where he is currently being held.

Did he have his "readers" (reading eyeglasses)?
Thank you for the thoughts…. and I was not sure until I just started to watch the Court TV interview of detective Rutland, her superior, and Chanley Painter from CourtTV. (It is in another portion of this thread. Post #443 on page 23 or so….). About 3:58 in that video, at the point where his attending friend in the rear left seat places his hand on his shoulder.

The answer seems to be yes; while sitting in the car during that first evening interview (if I remember correctly), in the defendant’s clean white t-shirt upper left breast pocket there appears to be a pair of readers or ‘cheater’ glasses in that pocket.

In all that scurrying around and what not, amazing those remained at his ready. Maybe he was looking for those with that flashlight?

And making one other thought on this point….. perhaps that flashlight he also had in his hands, could have been used to illuminate a script if one was made and used in preparation for that evening?

MOO.

Last edited:
He was on his way home from Orangeburg-Calhoun Tech,
3250 St Matthews Rd, Orangeburg, SC 29118 . to Joe Miley Road.
Google show over an hour drive,

He would have driven South on 601, turning R onto Sandy Run.

In a November 2015 interview with The Hampton County Guardian, Sandy Smith, Stephen's mother, said that Stephen was walking to his home on Joe Miley Road, near Crocketville, after running out of gas, when he was killed.
Stephen was a straight-A student and a 2014 graduate of Wade Hampton High School. He was pursuing a career in nursing at Orangeburg-Calhoun Tech, and was on his way home from a night class when the incident occurred.
Articles say Smith's wallet was left in the car. It seems unlikely to me that a person who leaves his car at roadside to walk home would leave his wallet inside. What if someone stopped and, learning his issue, offered to sell him a gallon or two from a spare gas can carried in the back of their own vehicle? And a vehicle left at roadside is vulnerable to break-in.

However, if Stephen were meeting another person or multiple people somewhere privately, it doesn't seem unlikely to me that Stephen might secure his wallet in his car before getting out.

Does anyone know whether the car was actually checked to verify if it truly was out of gas?

"I just wanted to clarify that when she had suffered her injuries, and the bullet exited the back of her head, it created a large hole, which displaced that part of her skull, including her scalp and her hair," the detective explained. "So, all around her body, there were small clumps of the back of her hair in the grass around her body. Some had fallen near her hands and her arms. And when we removed her body, some of the hair that was on her fingers. It was just a few strands went with her."

Kind of off topic of the article, but this screenshot of the car interview shows it pretty well.
Did anybody else noticed that AM had in his pocket two sets of glasses?
Not that it means anything because my grandmother has reading glasses and regular glasses, but the ones in the front look similar to what MM is wearing in this picture.
Just a weird little detail I noticed from watching some of these things over again.
View attachment 408277
I noticed he wore 2 different ones at trial. black and the rimless. its very weird he had two in his pockets unless he needs both distance and reading separately.

At any point in time, the defense team had an opportunity to request the trial be held in a different jurisdiction, have a different judge assigned to the case. And the defense waived these opportunities.

The defendant had a fair trial. And I personally believe that Murdaugh was so narcissistic that he thought he would get off. So, none of these "small" details mattered to him. In his narrow mind, he had committed the "perfect" crime.

My own opinion, is that he locked his own prison door the day he testified. "Yes, I have lied and cheated people, but I am not lying today.". Seriously?!

I am personally annoyed that AM was able to use his retirement account funds for his defense team. But, I guess it was seen as a potential appeal issue, so let him waste his money on his defense. It just annoys me, because he owes so many people money.

If he would have really thought about it, he would have staged an assassination at the kennels right after dark. He would have shot each from a distance with the 300Blackout with the night scope. He could have disappeared back into the night. Gone back to the house and claimed he was asleep then called 911 claiming gun shots awakened him, waited until LE arrived and everyone could have discovered them at the same time. Up close and personal did him in. If their deaths were a means to an end he should have kept the personal out of it and gone the sniper way. IDK what made him think his way would work..such a dummy.

And in that body cam video you mention, when he's twirling around for the officer, it doesn't look to me like he has a pocket full of pills in his shorts. Maybe he has 20 in a baggie in the leg pocket but not more than that. jmo

My thoughts are that Alec had a real need to let them know who did it. This is a cold rage killing, a rage that bubbled around for quite some time. I also believe Alec had intuitions about Maggie being about to (try to) leave him.

20 pills of 30mg oxycontin is 600 mg - a very substantial amount, if that was his daily dose. Had he spent a lot of month to acquire those pills, plus some, and now Maggie/Paul were hiding them? Had they destroyed some of his stash? We will likely never know.

The ballistics on the 300Blackout would have still raised the question about how the sniper got access to a family weapon, IMO.

I could maybe think it's possible that AM didn't plan it all except that he asked MM to come home. She did not, IMO, stay there at Moselle the night before. It was made to look like she did by AM. I also think PM was not planning on going to Moselle that night or if he did it was not something he would have shared with AM and would have only been instigated by Rogan at some point. PM's vehicle was in the shop for repairs. If his grandpa hadn't of been told by his doctor to hastily check into the hospital that morning the whole car thing with PM wouldn't of happened. PM had also already eaten supper at JMM's and didn't need to eat at Moselle. He like his mother were lured to Moselle that night...there's the planning ahead of time. AJMO
I always found it odd that her pj's and clean underwear were on the floor. (neatly) is it a fact MM was not there at least a few days before the murder? the housekeeper testimony was Maggie asked her to cook (in a telephone conversation) telling Blanca she left food in the refrigerator..... and she didnt think she would be able to get back in time, further stating MM said "Paul likes the way you cook". Blanca prepared a meal.

additional testimony by Blanca as to the phone conversation: it revolved around MM telling her she was asked to go to Moselle and she sounded unenthused as she was preparing the Edisto house for 4th of July, and Blanca said MM stated Paul was asked to come there as well, *to fix a mess up there for the hunt planned for the weekend*.

yes, I agree, they were lured there.

I am personally annoyed that AM was able to use his retirement account funds for his defense team. But, I guess it was seen as a potential appeal issue, so let him waste his money on his defense. It just annoys me, because he owes so many people money.
^^rsbm

IMO, better for AM to have to use his resources for his defense than hit the taxpayers for a public defender!

There was testimony during the trial that anybody that AM robbed under the guise of AM acting as their legal representative has been compensated by PMPED's liability carrier and/or the partners themselves. If there are still suits that have not been settled, I believe these are for damages being claimed.

Respect accepted , however if i agree he requested them to be there for the sole reason to rid the world of his most beloved , I would also have to agree that the deed was executed with planning and a thought out process , its glaringly obvious that it wasn't ...i could point out many failures as a planned event being fool proof ..one does not tend to use ones own weapons for a start . IMO
I think for many reasons he would plan it out to use his own weapons.

1. him buying or acquiring a different weapon before the murders could lead back to him

2. If he intended to make it look like Paul committed suicide (but the first shot not killing him ruined that because it's rare someone shoots themselves twice in a suicide).

3. He intended it to be a murder suicide and for the same reason as #2 that wouldn't work once it took the second shot to kill Paul.

4. He wanted it to seem like the person that stole Paul's 300blackout was the killer.. someone that knew he kept his guns laying around, someone that had a motive of revenge for the boat case

5. Last thing is he didn't think those guns were going to be traced back to him and the only reason they were was the fire shell casings in the exact location that Paul's friend told investigators that they had sighted in that gun just a few weeks/months before the murders. They didn't need the gun to know that the gun that fired those bullets also fired the one that killed Maggie.

So I think in Alex's mind he used his own guns that he didn't know could be traced back to him because they would disappear that night and never be seen again.. he had many guns so not like a gun or two missing would be noticed by anyone investigating. And like I said buying a new gun or two right before the murders would be linked back to him either done legally or illegally he would then risk someone ratting him out.

I noticed he wore 2 different ones at trial. black and the rimless. its very weird he had two in his pockets unless he needs both distance and reading separately.
I thought the rimless were the original glasses he had and that he somehow broke or misplaced those after testifying and the black ones were the jail issued glasses.
JMO, I have no idea if that is the case or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper