SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some just do it, and no clue why, but the one I posted here is the only one with a bunch of family pix and postings.

It's also not uncommon for multiple social media accounts to surface during/after high-profile cases that are by impersonators. TOS only allows linking true SM accounts that are not locked private by the owner.

Why 2 FB Pages?
I know people who have 1 FB page for "personal use" with family/friends, and another FB page for "nonpersonal or business/shopping use".

They use the personal one for posting things to share with people they know like photos, interests, and they use the business one for 'side gigs', as an entrepreneurial or self employment platform, or simply for signing into apps like LinkedIn, AirBnB, etc.

JMO

It's also not uncommon for multiple social media accounts to surface during/after high-profile cases that are by impersonators. TOS only allows linking true SM accounts that are not locked private by the owner.

Appending my post for clarification:

In thread #1, in a post dated June 13, 2021, @Knox linked the "Local Business Facebook" for Moselle Swamp where MM posted public photos going back to Jan 2019. Since the posts by MM predate her death, I think the link can be assumed credible.

For MM's Facebook (Maggie Murdaugh), I believe the following links to her true FB where her last post appears to have been April 27, 2021.

IMO, all other links should be considered fake and/or by imposters.

Researching MM's social media (FB), I'm more convinced that the boat wreck on Feb 24, 2019, was also a day of division between MM and her husband AM.

As late as Feb 10, 2019, MM's body language towards AM is connected, affectionate, and loving. By the end of 2019 (fur coat w/family photo), MM is no longer standing next to AM and is using the sons to add distance between them.

And Facebook "Life Events" -- moved to Edisto Beach, SC - July 12, 2020.

I think this might also represent a significant date if MM was seeking a divorce in SC which requires couples to live separately from one another for 12 months before filing for divorce.

She was murdered about 5 weeks before the Edisto Beach "move" would mark a year.

All MOO

If you look at the pages in her name, one has many friends and was opened in 2008 (approx). The others in her name have almost no friends (unlike her by all accounts) with them being youngish folks (again unlike her). There are people who know how to subvert the joined by and other settings to make an account look real when it is not---seen it tons in cases here at WS.

Researching MM's social media (FB), I'm more convinced that the boat wreck on Feb 24, 2019, was also a day of division between MM and her husband AM.

As late as Feb 10, 2019, MM's body language towards AM is connected, affectionate, and loving. By the end of 2019 (fur coat w/family photo), MM is no longer standing next to AM and is using the sons to add distance between them.

I think this might also represent a significant date if MM was seeking a divorce in SC which requires couples to live separately from one another for 12 months before filing for divorce.

She was murdered about 5 weeks before the Edisto Beach "move" would mark a year.

All MOO

Great, insightful post. I am not sure what was happening in this family but it is so clear that it was not good. In many of the communications described in court, there was lots of talking to each other through the kids. Paul-Paul says you got a pedi. For a couple that was as strong as he said they were, the disconnect is overwhelming---Edisto, the message about being in the hotel room on Sunday, Paul-Paul sending the message about the pills. It is not easy being married to a man like this one---addicted, addictive behaviors, wants people to notice him and respect him at all costs, dishonest with his life partner about their finances, etc. It was telling that BM was unable to relate a birthdate, talk about the extreme addiction his father had, and more. Then, there is AM description of MM--- distant, estranged seeming, unable to tell one personal thing about her beyond her being a boy's mom. She must have been exhausted. She had a barely functional AM who she knew was lying through his teeth with or without proof, BM who had made a mess in law school and could barely piece it together, and PM who was exhibiting scary signs like retaining large amounts of fluid in his legs at 22. She was a part of the dysfunction and maybe could not see it clearly. We will never know if she went to an accountant but I do think that the prosecution never asked her sister if she had shared about going to a lawyer or concern about money--- I think they could have asked her but came up with an agreement for the sake of BM and keeping peace between the families. AM tells true on the tangled web he wove.

We will never know if she went to an accountant but I do think that the prosecution never asked her sister if she had shared about going to a lawyer or concern about money--- I think they could have asked her but came up with an agreement for the sake of BM and keeping peace between the families. AM tells true on the tangled web he wove.
^^rsbm

In this latest 3/17/23 link to 48 hours with MM's college friends -- one gives an account of her conversation with MM's sister wondering where the marital discord rumors were coming from because each believed MM confided in them.

Great, insightful post. I am not sure what was happening in this family but it is so clear that it was not good. In many of the communications described in court, there was lots of talking to each other through the kids. Paul-Paul says you got a pedi. For a couple that was as strong as he said they were, the disconnect is overwhelming---Edisto, the message about being in the hotel room on Sunday, Paul-Paul sending the message about the pills. It is not easy being married to a man like this one---addicted, addictive behaviors, wants people to notice him and respect him at all costs, dishonest with his life partner about their finances, etc. It was telling that BM was unable to relate a birthdate, talk about the extreme addiction his father had, and more. Then, there is AM description of MM--- distant, estranged seeming, unable to tell one personal thing about her beyond her being a boy's mom. She must have been exhausted. She had a barely functional AM who she knew was lying through his teeth with or without proof, BM who had made a mess in law school and could barely piece it together, and PM who was exhibiting scary signs like retaining large amounts of fluid in his legs at 22. She was a part of the dysfunction and maybe could not see it clearly. We will never know if she went to an accountant but I do think that the prosecution never asked her sister if she had shared about going to a lawyer or concern about money--- I think they could have asked her but came up with an agreement for the sake of BM and keeping peace between the families. AM tells true on the tangled web he wove.
I’ve wondered about the supposed attorney visit. That would have been a plus in the prosecution’s cap. If a friend or her sister had been told by Maggie she’d visited one, that isn’t proof. So would the supposed attorney who is unknown to all come forward on their own to help the case? Possibly not if they were linked to the family “dynasty” in some way. Sad, as it also could have just been more evidence. Not that it was necessary for the conviction, but …

I’d really like more facts about the Edisto purchase. Perhaps after their 20 years in the home they raised the boys in, Maggie felt Moselle was too rural, too geared toward hunting, too far from town, etc. I think it’s very possible Edisto was purchased as a summer getaway for her and then she rolled that into a lingering location to live in, her time there lasting longer than summer days. They apparently still got together for family outings, so that aspect is odd to me if they were separated even in her mind.

I wish there had been more testimony from housekeepers about who lived where and who came to visit.

I’ve wondered about the supposed attorney visit. That would have been a plus in the prosecution’s cap. If a friend or her sister had been told by Maggie she’d visited one, that isn’t proof. So would the supposed attorney who is unknown to all come forward on their own to help the case? Possibly not if they were linked to the family “dynasty” in some way. Sad, as it also could have just been more evidence. Not that it was necessary for the conviction, but …

I’d really like more facts about the Edisto purchase. Perhaps after their 20 years in the home they raised the boys in, Maggie felt Moselle was too rural, too geared toward hunting, too far from town, etc. I think it’s very possible Edisto was purchased as a summer getaway for her and then she rolled that into a lingering location to live in, her time there lasting longer than summer days. They apparently still got together for family outings, so that aspect is odd to me if they were separated even in her mind.

I wish there had been more testimony from housekeepers about who lived where and who came to visit.

It had been stated that she left Moselle/Hampton because of the outrage of the boat tragedy. And, I think that she may have been tired of the rural life. I guess we will never know.

While AM could not 'Punish' the Law Firm (Narcissists never take any ownership of Their misdeeds/crimes!), he could absolutely 'deal with Mags and Paw Paw-gag me...taking out his own criminality on the easiest targets for his Anger and Hate. People like him do not think clearly at all, and Project their own Failures upon Others, and in this case, those he claimed to love. EVIL! MOO

While AM could not 'Punish' the Law Firm (Narcissists never take any ownership of Their misdeeds/crimes!), he could absolutely 'deal with Mags and Paw Paw-gag me...taking out his own criminality on the easiest targets for his Anger and Hate. People like him do not think clearly at all, and Project their own Failures upon Others, and in this case, those he claimed to love. EVIL! MOO
Do you have the link to her other FB page?
It just has her picture and not much else at all. Go to FB and type Maggie Murdaugh in the Search...

All MOO
Maggie's Independence Day

All MOO
Yes. And my suspicion, for which I have zero evidence or information to correlate, but it seemed to appear from my observation of things that the now slain wife may have wanted her husband and son to settle that suit for the boat crash. (And that might have been with her also having some suspicions of the actual financial condition, but not an understanding of what it was or a ‘house of cards’). And maybe the slain son also wanted the boat crash matter to be ‘resolved’. If so, that might have put them at odds with the soon to become defendant. MOO.

And as others have previously noted, those two now slain individuals were as I recall the only other individuals at the estate years prior, when the housekeeper had the incident. I believe the husband was later to arrive at the scene.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member