SC SC - Stanley Kotowski, 60, Hilton Head, 16 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Had he had Covid recently?
There's such a thing as Covid psychosis.
Doctors are still not certain that is what was the cause of my Dad's short psychosis episode.

I think you may be onto something here. Evidently, a small group of people who contract Covid-19 suffer from a spontaneous psychosis. In the beginning of this article, it describes what happened to a woman and it sounds very similar to what is going on with SK.

COVID-19 May Be Linked to Spontaneous Psychosis. Researchers Are Trying to Figure Out Why

I think you may be onto something here. Evidently, a small group of people who contract Covid-19 suffer from a spontaneous psychosis. In the beginning of this article, it describes what happened to a woman and it sounds very similar to what is going on with SK.

COVID-19 May Be Linked to Spontaneous Psychosis. Researchers Are Trying to Figure Out Why
Certainly possible- there can be any number of reasons for these mental symptoms including but not limited to: substance abuse, nutritional deficiency, thyroid issues, neoplastic syndrome, non-witnessed head injury, infection (bladder infection in particular), stroke etc... Hopefully this man can be found and get the medical care needed to determine the cause and treatment.

From the brief description it doesn't sound so much like spontaneous mental decline (one day he wasn't and the next he was) as it sounds like it has become noticeable recently (he was bad when he disappeared but he was getting bad last month, and likely the month before it just hadn't alarmed anyone yet).

I wish I could go an help look but it also seems like they have enough people already.

Reminds me of Brad Solomon on Cozumel.

Certainly possible- there can be any number of reasons for these mental symptoms including but not limited to: substance abuse, nutritional deficiency, thyroid issues, neoplastic syndrome, non-witnessed head injury, infection (bladder infection in particular), stroke etc... Hopefully this man can be found and get the medical care needed to determine the cause and treatment.

From the brief description it doesn't sound so much like spontaneous mental decline (one day he wasn't and the next he was) as it sounds like it has become noticeable recently (he was bad when he disappeared but he was getting bad last month, and likely the month before it just hadn't alarmed anyone yet).

I wish I could go an help look but it also seems like they have enough people already.

Reminds me of Brad Solomon on Cozumel.
Also for consideration, LBD: Lewy Body Dementia. What Robin WIlliams had.
MOO

According to the LE, he didn't carry his phone or his wallet suggesting he didn't have a theory in his mind to purposefully leave or take shelter somewhere else. but again it could be some psychological problem since he did tell his wife to continue without him.
It would be great to know if someone in the family has a history of any disorders because according to the diathesis-stress theory in psychology, disorders manifest in the presence of stressful conditions along with hereditary genes.

No new information from today's update, other than that the man seen in the camera footage near the Salty Dog was NOT Stan after all. It's officially been a week as of today and there has been zero trace of Stan since the Ring capture of him last Friday.
@Orange And Purple I originally posed the following to (RedAndBlue) who I believe you're related to through extended family:

I'm curious if you know if the beliefs Stan had about "Sea Pines" being a 'set-up' started prior to the vacation or manifested once they arrived? If previous, I wonder if stress about traveling to Hilton Head contributed in any way. I also read Stan is not a fan of the ocean, fears sun exposure, is a golfer, but had not played during the vacation, so it seems visiting Hilton Head may have not been his ideal vacation? I'm curious how long they had been on the island before the disappearnce?

@Orange And Purple I originally posed the following to (RedAndBlue) who I believe you're related to through extended family:

I'm curious if you know if the beliefs Stan had about "Sea Pines" being a 'set-up' started prior to the vacation or manifested once they arrived? If previous, I wonder if stress about traveling to Hilton Head contributed in any way. I also read Stan is not a fan of the ocean, fears sun exposure, is a golfer, but had not played during the vacation, so it seems visiting Hilton Head may have not been his ideal vacation? I'm curious how long they had been on the island before the disappearnce?

Hi there!

I'm hoping I'm not overstepping with the family, but I can share a little more about what I was told:

1. From what I know, the 'set up' talk manifested after they arrived.

2. Stan's aversion to the water/ocean seemed to be unique to this trip for whatever reason. This was mentioned in the latest update (8/23), where it stated Stan had no prior issues with the beach/water.

3. I can't say for sure how he felt about going on the trip. I know that Stan and Jackie went to spend time with their two friends, so I'd imagine he was looking forward to it before the post-COVID sleep issues, but I can't be sure of that, really.

4. The disappearance occurred the morning of the day they were scheduled to leave. I believe they'd already been on the island for about a week, maybe a little less.

Also for consideration, LBD: Lewy Body Dementia. What Robin WIlliams had.
MOO
I'm a neuroscientist/psychologist and there are so many things that can cause these sorts of symptoms. I don't think for the purposes of the search it matters why he was having them, it only matters that he was having them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amps
Back