SC - Todd Kohlhepp, known and possible victims

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Should we look into the "Todd Sampsell" name as a possible online moniker for Kohlhepp?
Haha I tried that last night on fb. I didn't come up with much. Please let us know if you find anything. Thank you!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

The women, did you notice the majority of those women were young and weighed almost the same amt? As if it's that type of woman's figure.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

According a animal rescue group he was loosely associated with he had goats out there --- so that would be his basis to have the entire property fenced --- the goats were to eat down the weeds etc..,

But if he had property listings down there? Especially anything with land - it would be a long drive but a part of his realtor routine - and he was pretty brazen from such a young age I would say he would continue pushing his limits so distance could play into that.

Would like to add this unsolved murder in Charlotte, NC - Jeffrey Arthur Johnson - March 19, 2016 (former Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Dispatcher)

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/cmpd-investigating-after-man-found-shot-to-death/169535857

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article67066502.html

http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2016/03/19/police-man-shot-and-killed-in-east-charlotte-2/

http://www.wbtv.com/story/31517366/man-found-shot-to-death-in-east-charlotte

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/home/110001655-story

Edited:
Wanted to add narrative and vide from Bill Melugin Fox 46 Twitter dated May 8, 2016: "[JEFF JOHNSON MURDER] We got the surveillance video from CMPD which shows a vehicle of interest in the Jeff Johnson homicide case. Detectives believe the people in this vehicle have information regarding Jeff's murder. The video was taken around 2:00 AM near Central Ave. and Rosehaven Drive on 3/19/16. Anyone who has info needs to call 704-432-TIPS, and ask to speak to detective Koll!"

https://www.facebook.com/Bill-Melugin-FOX-46-813125898759777/posts/ (trying to add video)

Hi Gardener!
I'm trying to figure out why he would be reporting to INDIANA as a sex offender. That is was I remember seeing in the threads anyway. If that is the case, I think we should check missing and homicides there as well.

Great Job on the list, by the way!!

Thanks Much!!!

Should we look into the "Todd Sampsell" name as a possible online moniker for Kohlhepp?

There seems to be a man with the name TS, who ironically is the director of conservation operations for The Nature Conservancy. Seeing that TK mentioned he was creating something similar on his property, I wouldn't rule out that he was looking up that name as well and came across the director.

I'm getting the strange feeling he may have been using that name in an online presence somewhere because of the coincidence.

I'm not going to post the link to the article for privacy reasons of course.

Has Tracy Wright been ruled out for some reason or did I just overlook her name in this thread?

SC - Tracy L. Wright, Spartanburg County, 12 October 2016

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...7&share_tid=320177&share_fid=730&share_type=t

Did he post anything unusual on 10/12 on FB?

Her thread doesn't get much activity so I assume there isn't much available to sleuth, or her case is just not resonating with people as a possible link.

I didn't see her when I looked for her on the list at first, either. Tracy is at the top of my list. There's not much to find on her (believe me, I've been looking.) She doesn't have many friends or family making a real public effort on her behalf, which is sad and odd. From browsing FB, I got the impression family distanced themselves from her for some reason.

I have a feeling that she is part of the reason LE went to TK's property in the first place. IIRC, It was a joint search with Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, which is where she's from. It has been reported that the last person KB talked to was TK (I know, that statement doesn't make much sense; I assume they meant on the telephone). Maybe TK was also the last person on Tracy's cellphone records, too, and that came up during investigations.

Here is Tracy's non-Tapatalk link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...y-L-Wright-Spartanburg-County-12-October-2016

It's okay! I was hoping we could discuss the ones on the list that people think are most likely and see if there are any that can be eliminated. That's what this thread is for, so bring up all the names you want if you think they need to be looked at and if there are ones mentioned that you think have other more likely suspects or circumstances that can rule them out, please discuss.

The list is to encourage discussion and narrowing down, not a set in stone suggestion of all possibles. That's just who I found in a couple days of searching and most of them were put on the list before TK confessed to the Superbike murders. When I was looking up cold cases I saw the Superbike case and dismissed it thinking that was not his MO at all. I was so wrong! And it seems no one else suspected him or expected such a confession.

It looks like Julie Vess was found deceased and no foul play suspected (according to the link you posted) Hope that helps eliminate at least one!

It looks like Julie Vess was found deceased and no foul play suspected (according to the link you posted) Hope that helps eliminate at least one!

I would not rule her out as maybe being a possible victim of TK and here is why.

This is just speculation but I have been speculating that when TK was using his dark humor about having people make his "TKA Real Estate" website and he joked something about threatening to not feed them for 3 days and he got great results.

Well I wonder if maybe he really did kidnap someone who knew how to build websites and forced them to build that website for him. I have been looking at that list of people and in that link for Julie it says this

"Julia was employed by Met Life as a system analyst."

She had computer knowledge. I tried to go to the TKA Real Estate website again and it has been taken down. I was wondering if there was a way to view the source code of the website to see if a person left any hints of them building it under duress.

I think Julies body was found a long ways from her car and if I am not mistaken it was not all that far from where TK lived. I think LE just assumed suicide because she did have an argument and prescription in her system but it doesnt make sense she would be so far from her vehicle with purse left in vehicle and cell phone on ground like she may have been kidnapped. Body was not near the car. Almost a mile away if I read it right. I think TK could have taken her and maybe she died of starvation or heat stroke if TK had locked her in conditions like we saw the other victim chained up.

Its too bad the website is still not up because programmers could have left remarks in the source code that may have been hints if they were doing it under duress.

The bottom line is I wouldnt rule her out as a possible victim just yet. And I think it is good if we check any other possible victims to see if they had computer experience in building websites. When I read TK dark humor it really struck me that he really did kidnap someone to help startup that business website.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?84604-SC-Julie-Vess-48-Greenville-16-May-2009

ETA I wanted to add that TKs dark humor comments about not feeding the people who helped build his website was on the website itself in one of the sections. Since that site is down I cant list the direct quote I remember seeing there. It was scary and felt all too real to me after what we know now about him.

Not sure if this has been done yet but going by the posts on the first page here is a chronological list of missing and dead so far.
I hope this helps with a timeline and maybe someone can see if he was in these areas. I see a slight pattern to this. Wondering if anyone else catches it too.

07/16/2002- Zachary Cunard and Mickey McGraw Spartanburg, SC Double murder shot07/29/2002- Esmerelda Guadarma- Greenville, SC
08/07/2002- Teresa Taber-Spartanburg, SC
09/24/2002- Heather Sellars- Spartanburg, SC
01/01/2003 Kristine Rodrigo Ventura County, Ca going to meet man met online missing
02/20/2003- Harry Plyler Paigeland, SC
07/21/2003 Dennis Hunter Simpsonville, SC
08/15/2003- Anita Richardson- Columbia SC missing
09/04/2003- Lisa Shuttleworth Beach Island, SC
11/06/2003- Brian Thomas Lucas, Scott Ponder, Beverly Guy and Chris Sherbert at Superbike Motorsports shot Spartanburg SC
04/13/2004- Lila Martin Greenville, SC
07/21/2003- Stephanie Haynes Charlotte, NC
04/01/2004- Jessica Hooks Charolette, NC
09/13/2004- Randall Morris Pruitt Spartanburg, NC body found shot
01/05/2005- Jason Guptill Charlotte, NC- car found Blacksburg, SC
10/26/2005- Johnathan Holley Abbeville, SC
10/29/2005- Sherri Puzjak Orangeburg, SC
11/26/2005- Rossana Miliani Cherokee, NC
12/17/2005- Donny Miller Jr. and Mardell Hunter Woodruff, SC Double murder shot
03/2006- Thomas Woody Spartanburg County, SC found deceased Shot
03/04/2006- Donnie Pennington Gaffney, SC
06/10/2006- Portia Washington and grandchild West Columbia, SC
06/03/2007- Crystal Bradshaw Boiling Springs, SC found dead beaten and burned
01/18/2008- Ignacio Perez-Feria Greenville, SC
04/08/2008- Jamie Fraley Gastonia, NC
05/16/2009- Julia Ann Vess Greenville, SC found deceased
06/01/2009- Terry Tersak Asheville, NC
06/29/2009- Oralia Hernandez Charlotte, NC
09/30/2009- Rabindra Sharma and mexican worker shot dead in convience store Spartanburg, SC
03/01/2010- Lillian Mathis Winston Salem, NC or Columbia, SC
04/06/2010- Patrick Demetrius Jackson Greensville, SC found shot
05/20/2011-Evelyn Shelton Duncan, SC found deceased cause unknown
11/15/2011- James Bingham Florence, SC
12/27/2011- April Pickens Asheville, NC
01/17/2012- Christine Ludwig Columbia, SC
08/03/2012- Crystal Prentice Concord, NC
07/12/2012- LOUVENIA VALLONE Columbia, SC
10/03/2013- Domingo Chicoj Xirum Greenville, SC (traveling from Texas)
05/26/2014- Toasha Nicole Rice Vale, NC
09/20/2014- Tamera Kingerly North Augusta, SC
11/25/2014- Aaliyah Bell Hall Rock Hill, SC
11/28/2014- Jade Pasco pregnant Spartanburg, SC
01/25/2015- Cobey Smith Greensville, SC found shot
04/20/2015- Emmanuel Quarles Anderson, SC
05/13/2015- Erica Spencer pregnant Roebuck, SC found dead strangled
08/07/2015- Kimberlyn Cubias Jacksonville, Fl see with a man
11/14/2015- Aremy Naranjo-Méndez Gastonia, NC
02/02/2016- Kenny Kilgore Greenville, SC
05/23/2016- Hailey Burn Charlotte, NC
05/30/2016- Taylor Johnson Gilbert, SC
06/10/2016- Allaya Hite Lancaster, SC
07/24/2016- Robert Jones Newberry, SC
10/12/2016- Tracey Wright Spartanburg, SC
10/24/2016- Catherine Ann Blauvelt Woodruff, SC found stabbed
Will work tomorrow on it more. Good night all! Praying for the victims and their families.:please:

This guy's MO is all over the place. Seriously. I'm not sure we can rule anyone out with him. I think he preferred the gun BUT I think he experimented with many other methods. I think he kept some for long periods of time and also killed many on the whim. As I was going through the list putting them in order I couldn't help but notice some things.
He seemed to have a pattern. I think he may have been luring people looking for quick work for quick cash money. Mostly men. But I also think he may have been sexually attracted to some of the men too? Am I allowed to theorize on that? I got the feeling if he kept any of the men it was the younger ones. Otherwise I think they died rather quickly.
What I would be interested to know is if his personal life like GF and such were during the times he seemed dormant. Which isn't too often actually. Maybe during those times he did have a relationship, he may have not kept any hostage. They were whim killings because a loved one would notice you being gone for extended amounts of time. JMOO
I tried figuring out a mo but seriously this guy is a breed all on his own. He's all over the place in style, victim, weapon and locations.
These are just the ones in NC and SC....... that's a very scary thought. How he was not caught before now is mind boggling! Surely his DNA and fingerprints are in the system being a RSO. Right?
I can't wait till he is seriously profiled and we get a more updated mental opinion.
I think he is a true psychopath. He is one that kind of reminds me of Ted Bundy..... but Ted Bundy had a "type" as did Dahmer and Gacy.
Most have at least a type. He doesn't seem too. Although I will say many of the girls resembled each other.
I honestly think you did a great job with the possible victims. Considering we have no clue what truly motivates him. None can be truly ruled out.
I am also wondering how many run aways or street people that no one kept up with are also missing or dead.
This case is just blowing my mind! :eek:

I didn't see her when I looked for her on the list at first, either. Tracy is at the top of my list. There's not much to find on her (believe me, I've been looking.) She doesn't have many friends or family making a real public effort on her behalf, which is sad and odd. From browsing FB, I got the impression family distanced themselves from her for some reason.

I have a feeling that she is part of the reason LE went to TK's property in the first place. IIRC, It was a joint search with Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, which is where she's from. It has been reported that the last person KB talked to was TK (I know, that statement doesn't make much sense; I assume they meant on the telephone). Maybe TK was also the last person on Tracy's cellphone records, too, and that came up during investigations.

Here is Tracy's non-Tapatalk link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...y-L-Wright-Spartanburg-County-12-October-2016

BBM Just to clarify on this, KB's last contact was with TK on social media (before the disappearance, obviously). I have the article link that states this but don't wish to share it as it is when her full name was still being used. I'd rather not circulate it further, but am happy to pass on the link in private message, if validity is required for any reason.

BBM Just to clarify on this, KB's last contact was with TK on social media (before the disappearance, obviously). I have the article link that states this but don't wish to share it as it is when her full name was still being used. I'd rather not circulate it further, but am happy to pass on the link in private message, if validity is required for any reason.
Aha! I knew I read it somewhere, but did not remember the detail and could not find it. Thank you. Was it said what social media? I'm guessing not any of the big sites such as FB.

Aha! I knew I read it somewhere, but did not remember the detail and could not find it. Thank you. Was it said what social media? I'm guessing not any of the big sites such as FB.

No, it just said social media. I actually had assumed it was via Facebook messenger and thought the article had said that, but I went back to double check and it definitely just said 'social media'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back