SC SC - Tyler Doyle, 23, South Carolina, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Deleted by me. Posted twice. Not sure why it’s so difficult to post right now.

The update concludes: “The search for Tyler is still on going. Thanks again for all the donations, but as a women 30 weeks pregnant she can’t handle everyone’s opinion and stress on her body for the baby’s sake.”

The update comes as Tyler's younger brother, Reed Doyle, blasted fake TikTok accounts impersonating him and asking followers for money, writing: "it amazing the extent people will go to receive a hand out."

The update concludes: “The search for Tyler is still on going. Thanks again for all the donations, but as a women 30 weeks pregnant she can’t handle everyone’s opinion and stress on her body for the baby’s sake.”

The update comes as Tyler's younger brother, Reed Doyle, blasted fake TikTok accounts impersonating him and asking followers for money, writing: "it amazing the extent people will go to receive a hand out."
Thank you for posting updates.. SM profiles (his wife) has become almost silent. When all these different theories started coming up, she deleted or made private a lot of posts, and I haven't seen anything since. I wish there was updated information.

From the article, first MSM reference that I know of regarding the rumors:
SCDNR said in a release Monday that the rumors regarding pending criminal charges against Doyle are unfounded and the search remains ongoing.

Unfortunately the link in the quote goes to an article that doesn't provide any more info re:rumors.

From the article, first MSM reference that I know of regarding the rumors:

Unfortunately the link in the quote goes to an article that doesn't provide any more info re:rumors.
I was glad to read this article the other day and see that they have finally given out some details of the incident. I just wish they had done it sooner and maybe some of the wild rumors that had circulated wouldn't have started.

I’ve mentioned I work on Bald Head Island. I’m kind of shocked at how many people who work here and live on mainland communities up and down the coast haven’t heard anything about a missing duck hunter.

IMHO which is difficult to have when the information is all over the place. I live in Myrtle Beach and WPDE generally does a good job covering the news. However, this situation is complex and confusing. I've been staying on this and still can't say what may or may not have happened. Whatever it is, the longer it goes on the less likely the outcome will be good. Sorry for the family and friends.

SCDNR (SC Department of Natural Resources) has lied numerous times to the family about the investigation in this case. They refuse to provide the family help and also refuse to list Tyler Doyle as "missing" in order to place him into the national database NamUS which would have been beneficial in the earlier days of the accident. The family is fighting to have him declared missing so more resources will become available.

Wife of missing South Carolina man Tyler Doyle gives birth to first child

The wife of a missing South Carolina boater — who vanished four months ago — has given birth to the couple’s first child.

Tyler Doyle, 22, of Loris, was last seen on Jan. 26 when his duck hunting boat sank off the coast of North Myrtle Beach.

Doyle’s wife, Lakelyn, was pregnant when her husband disappeared and gave birth to their daughter last month, the Sun News reported.

Social media posts from before Tyler’s disappearance hinted that the couple planned to name the baby Paisley Grace.

“She [would] rather go without, then to deal with drama and rumors while she’s actively searching for her missing husband … as a [woman who is] 30 weeks pregnant she can’t handle everyone’s opinion and stress on her body for the baby’s sake,” family friend Hannah Faulk wrote in early February.

Although it is unclear exactly what gossip prompted the request for donations to stop, Tyler’s brother, Reed, also posted on Facebook, slamming “everyone who’s out there spreading rumors about my brother.”

There has been no sign of Tyler since his duck decoys, waders and wallet were found about two miles offshore on Jan. 31, the Sun News said.
Tyler and Lakelyn Doyle.

After weeks of searching, some of Doyle’s belongings were later found off the North Carolina coast. Calls to first responders were also later released, detailing the day Doyle was last seen.

The SCDNR ruled there was no foul play suspected in Doyle’s disappearance and that it is being investigated as a hunting/boating accident

Last edited:
March 27 – Shay Boyd, Tyler’s aunt, and Brian Doyle, Tyler’s father, create a profile for Tyler on NamUs (National Missing and Unidentified Persons System) after repeatedly asking DNR to do so, according to Boyd.

April – Tyler’s daughter Paisley is born.

June 5 – Lakelyn Doyle moves out of the house where she and Tyler lived.

June 10 - Lake View Motor Speedway holds a memorial event in Tyler’s honor, which includes a walk around the track featuring his family members. Lakelyn Doyle also adds $150 as a prize for the racer who gained the most positions that night, according to track officials.

June 23 – Tyler’s father, Brian Doyle, files a lawsuit in county court against Lakelyn Doyle in an attempt to reclaim three rifles she took when she left. He confirmed she has since returned them.

July 27 – DNR announces it would collect DNA samples from Tyler’s parents in order to submit the samples into NamUs. Tyler’s family told The Post and Courier on this day that DNR still had not collected the samples.

Aug. 11 – Brian Doyle, Tyler’s father, submits DNA sample to law enforcement for NamUs.

Nov. 7 – DNR requests SLED’s assistance with the Tyler Doyle investigation, according to a SLED representative. However, Shay Boyd and Linda Doyle, Tyler’s aunt and grandmother, said they did not know this had happened until they contacted DNR on Dec. 4

Jan 26, 2024 article

[…]

The DNR said there was a small-craft advisory in effect at the time Doyle disappeared, explaining that the“seas were rough and not conducive for smaller vessel operation.”

“Weather conditions that day, coupled with boating mechanical issues, appear to be the predominant contributing factors,” the DNR said in a news release.

[…]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back