SC SC: Walter Rice dob 1920, found 1/27/91 McCormick

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Omg! this is an awesome timeline!!!!!
thank you.. now we have this to reference to!! Thank you judgejoe!

I have a couple of questions now that we have a clear timeline.

So from 1983 to 1990 we have no idea where he was.

We don’t know what years he got his passport stamped and went away.

Says that he went to 2 hospitals in Augusta Georgia .. do we know what year or years he went. It’s weird to go to another state to go to the hospital. Was he living in Georgia at that time but it was not recorded?

Okay, I find this website for the VA medical centers in Augusta. It also lists one in Aiken, SC.
About the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center - Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center

I would expect the CIA picked him up during his active duty military service, and asked him to consider working with them. He is of the right age to have served WW2, Korea, Vietnam conflicts.

His using the benefits for medical services at the closest VA Med Centers makes perfect sense to me. Depending on his status, he would have many of his needs taken care of.

His hospital stay in Abbeville- possibly due to the automobile wreck? Closest hospital?

Okay, I find this website for the VA medical centers in Augusta. It also lists one in Aiken, SC.
About the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center - Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center

I would expect the CIA picked him up during his active duty military service, and asked him to consider working with them. He is of the right age to have served WW2, Korea, Vietnam conflicts.

His using the benefits for medical services at the closest VA Med Centers makes perfect sense to me. Depending on his status, he would have many of his needs taken care of.

His hospital stay in Abbeville- possibly due to the automobile wreck? Closest hospital?

We don't know much about this guys entire life. Any military service at all just speculative. African Americans not conscripted into the draft until 1943 and WW2 ended in 45.

I'd love to be able to clear up some details lost in the fog of history. For instance did he have any form of accent and what nations stamped on his passport? "Exotic" doesn't do much for me. What type of car did he drive? If he didn't start his last known employment until 73 then he would have been in his 50s before starting.

We don't know much about this guys entire life. Any military service at all just speculative. African Americans not conscripted into the draft until 1943 and WW2 ended in 45.

I'd love to be able to clear up some details lost in the fog of history. For instance did he have any form of accent and what nations stamped on his passport? "Exotic" doesn't do much for me. What type of car did he drive? If he didn't start his last known employment until 73 then he would have been in his 50s before starting.

Yes Yes I have been saying the same thing .. Did he have an accent if so from where?!

Yes Yes I have been saying the same thing .. Did he have an accent if so from where?!

I believe this area over 50% African American. If he was some type of foreign national under protection that would explain the CIA thing. Though we also don't know if the CIA thing anything. It could have simply been they didn't know this man at all and said 'no comment'

I do imagine this guy that went through his possessions for the state after he died still alive and the best source for answers and interviews. If the fellow on the Unsolved Mysteries skit was the gentleman that actually did the work then he should well be around still.

Here is a map to show distance from McCormick to Abbeville and McCormick to Augusta Georgia. They both are pretty much the same distance from McCormick.

I have been looking but have not found anything else. Sigh

Attachments

• ABBA27BD-7750-4C56-A91F-850A5CEC8571.jpeg
    ABBA27BD-7750-4C56-A91F-850A5CEC8571.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 0
Here is a map to show distance from McCormick to Abbeville and McCormick to Augusta Georgia. They both are pretty much the same distance from McCormick.

I have been looking but have not found anything else. Sigh

I looked into that. I imagined his first trip might have been to the smaller town hospital or doctor (more immediate) and for his follow ups he went to a larger city with better medical facilities. You run into that kinda thing when people live in small towns.

Just saw this guys story and I’m glad to find it here. Might be a stupid question but are there still companies that offer free room and board if you work for them? I was born in 1993 and have never heard of any company doing that is why i ask.

Also if he did work for the CIA at one point don’t you think they would’ve found any extended family of his living outside the United States at the time he died?

It’s just sad his money went to the state of South Carolina but i do think he was in the CIA or Witness protection program and maybe they told him to live that type of lifestyle to keep a low profile.

Oh my, I'm going down a rabbit hole right now. I'll share everything when I can - there's a lot of info about Walter that hasn't been released and there some inconsistencies with the dates.

oh wow Grungster! Really?! Iam excited and can’t wait. I have still looked around but have not found anything more.

Coming back to this thread did anyone consider the possibility that he could be an escaped fugitive? it says Walter was born in 1920

But I’ve found some people who in the 1940s to 1960s escaped from prison

1. Willie T Listen escaped from a Tennessee prison in August of 1957 but used the date of his birth as 12/6/1929 his crime was Petit Larceny to me he kind of resembles a younger Walter Rice. Walter is said to be 5 ft 0 but Willie Listen was 5 Ft 3

Attachments

• B5CF0A9F-51C3-4CE9-A1D2-B83333C1A291.jpeg
    B5CF0A9F-51C3-4CE9-A1D2-B83333C1A291.jpeg
    22.2 KB · Views: 7

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members