ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Pennington County Fire Service

Public asked for help finding missing child

Pennington County, SD – Law enforcement agencies are now looking for a missing nine year old girl last seen at 11:20 am, Sunday, February 3, 2019, leaving the Children’s Home Society on South Rockerville Road. The Sheriff’s Office is concerned for her safety especially considering the winter weather conditions and her lack of warm clothing.

Serenity Dennard is described as a Caucasian female, 4’7”, 90 pounds, with blue eyes and shoulder length dirty blonde hair. She was last seen wearing only a long sleeved grey shirt with flowers, blue jeans and snow boots. (Picture attached) She is from Sturgis and may be trying to get to family.

Pennington County Deputies, Pennington County Search and Rescue, Custer County Search and Rescue, Rockerville Volunteer Fire Department, Rapid City Fire Department and at least three dogs are searching the area around Highway 16 and Rockerville. If anyone has seen or had contact with this little girl, please contact the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office at (605) 394-6115.

##

upload_2019-2-4_1-48-21.png

Pennington County Sheriff's Office

Authorities In Pennington County Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old Girl

The quiet is sad and I suppose it is because there is no news.

Where is this child?? Why have they not found her?

Every day I wake up and hope to see a headline that she has been found safe.

Maybe this case needs more public attention?

Do the other children in this home know she is missing and ran? That has to be hard each and every day.

Just checking in, was hoping to see news.

Do the other children in this home know she is missing and ran? That has to be hard each and every day.

No news, sadly. Like you said, nothing but quiet. No updates whatsoever by anybody.
We can only go by inference - she is still missing, because if they found her, there would be an update.
But that doesn't tell us what is being done to try and find her.
I check in regularly as well, and I check online sources.
Despite the quiet, however, I am certain that she hasn't been forgotten. We have seen reports of purple ribbons and the Serenity Alert.

I agree this needs more national coverage. The rapid city stock show ended on February 3rd. People come from all over for this event. And yes the other children know she is missing. They live there and have seen all the news crews and police in the parking lot and they have all been questioned

I agree this needs more national coverage. The rapid city stock show ended on February 3rd. People come from all over for this event. And yes the other children know she is missing. They live there and have seen all the news crews and police in the parking lot and they have all been questioned

Thank you for this info.

Yes, I think it does need more national media coverage by far. I have not been on social media for some time but am thinking I should post and share this case...

Probably the reason that it doesn't get more national coverage is because it is viewed simply as a case where a child wandered off, and the chances that she was actually picked up is not really considered as a possibility by MSM.

Probably the reason that it doesn't get more national coverage is because it is viewed simply as a case where a child wandered off, and the chances that she was actually picked up is not really considered as a possibility by MSM.

Probably true but considering she has not been found and that they did allegedly look at computers, it seems like it is being considered something else happened. Yet I know news strikes where things are hot. I just feel it should have more attention, maybe other types of search teams, dogs, etc. would volunteer.

I don't know, just feeling a bit hopeless. No news is hard in these cases isn't it? I can't imagine being the family.

Usually I like a new thread but in this case not so much.
This search has been hampered by the weather conditions from the beginning.
The area is so expansive. No telling which direction and how far she may have run.
Every day I kept praying they will find her this day.

I don't even know why we need to label MPs with colors or categories or voluntarily missing or not. :confused: If they are not where they belong, they're missing. Period. Yes, I know we're a "free (sometimes,maybe,dependingonwhatyoubeliveyaydayadayada)" society and most adults have the freedom to wander at will. But, we at least need to know they're safe to themselves and others. In this case though, our little precious Serenity is a child. Regardless of what is suspected, known, unproven, verified, blah blah blah, she needs to be found. She's a human child. :( Y'all don't want to make Yaya go over there! ;)

This case is heartbreaking. The drama on social media between the various family members is so sad and I think it’s been a hindrance in the efforts to get the story out.

I haven't seen any of this drama, but I wonder what they'd even have to be dramatic about. It's not as though any of the family is at fault. She wasn't there at home when she disappeared. People just seem bent on creating drama no matter what sometimes. Sad. They should be pulling together for Serenity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8