SD SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seemed to me that Serenity's only authorized visitors were her adoptive father and his current wife, at the time. I want to say the Sunday, the day Serenity walked away, was the normal or typical day for visitor hours.
I believe that her adoptive father and his wife came to visit her on Saturday, the day before she walked out of the Home. Going strictly by memory. I don't believe there was any mention of anything happening that would have upset her during that visit, but there is no way of knowing for sure. I believe there was speculation at the time that she was trying to either go home or to her adoptive mother, but that's not a certainty either way. She may have just run, as she had done so before.
In any event, I never heard anything about any other visitors. Any theories that involve a pre-planned and timed meeting with somebody she didn't even really know seems rather unlikely, in my opinion.

I thought she was referring to the abductors uncle. Not anyone blood related.

In the second interview a year later or 3/2020, bio mom states that she had just talked with an inmate that was repeating jail hearsay to her that Serenity was safe with an "Uncle in WA." When asked by the host if Serenity had any uncles in WA, she replied there are no biological uncles residing in WA.

In the earlier interview from prison dated 3/2019, bio mom provided her belief that Serenity might be with former residents from the home that came back for her. I don't recall anything about WA or uncles in that interview.

Nonetheless, during both interviews, it was bio mom's belief that Serenity is alive and why her remains have not been recovered in any searches near the group home.

Here we are a day away from the 3-year anniversary of precious Serenity's disappearance. I remember the night she went missing like it was yesterday. I just knew they were going to find her.

She went through so much in just 9 years. I still believe she's in those woods. I still pray that she is found. I don't even need to know what happened at this point. Just please, please find Serenity.

t4560.gif

If only she could have known how much she is valued, how much she is missed and how much she is loved, even if it is by people she'll never know. That baby must have felt so alone to have bolted into the cold, perhaps thinking that if no one would help her she would help herself. It breaks my heart to this day.

In the second interview a year later or 3/2020, bio mom states that she had just talked with an inmate that was repeating jail hearsay to her that Serenity was safe with an "Uncle in WA." When asked by the host if Serenity had any uncles in WA, she replied there are no biological uncles residing in WA.

In the earlier interview from prison dated 3/2019, bio mom provided her belief that Serenity might be with former residents from the home that came back for her. I don't recall anything about WA or uncles in that interview.

Nonetheless, during both interviews, it was bio mom's belief that Serenity is alive and why her remains have not been recovered in any searches near the group home.

I'd really like to believe that Serenity was picked up and taken in by a friend she met in the children's centre. It would make me so happy to know that someone she really liked and knew, bothered to come back and rescue her. A tiny part of me clings to that fantasy.

I'd really like to believe that Serenity was picked up and taken in by a friend she met in the children's centre. It would make me so happy to know that someone she really liked and knew, bothered to come back and rescue her. A tiny part of me clings to that fantasy.
We probably all cling to that fantasy -- and hope it is real. That no clothes, shoes, or anything else was found, does make one think it is possible. If so, I'm hoping she is happy, loved, and well-cared-for. As she gets older (please let it be so), she may be able to be more at ease with herself and be truly happy and healthy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back