Seaching for Anna - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2:00 PM- Annasmom hears Anna in bedroom/porch, talking (to cats?)

2:10 PM- Carpenter friend of Joe arrives for visit

2:15-2:20 PM- Annasmom, no longer hearing Anna-sounds, becomes

alarmed. She had been monitoring sounds as mothers do-

back door opening and closing, Anna playing in yard

According to this time line, Anna was on the porch/bedroom area playing when Joe's friend came to visit. Did Annasmom see/hear her move from the porch area to the back yard as well? I'm confused how Annasmom could hear her in one area, but the friend saw her in a different area.

A random abduction seems most probable on this day. There where people in and out of the farm area all day. From the horse people, the friends from SF, Joe coming home early, the school bus, the neighbor stopping by, friends from SF leaving, Craig stopping by. For being a rather remote area at the time, there was a lot of activity going on. It would be very difficult to sneak in an abduction on this particular busy day. If they (kidnappers)where watching the place for any amount of time, they would had to have been very brave to attempt an abduction with so much commotion on a Tuesday afternoon.

A random abduction is still possible... it takes something like 7 seconds for a child to disappear... 7 seconds...

A random abduction is still possible... it takes something like 7 seconds for a child to disappear... 7 seconds...

Yes, you are right, I was just getting ready to change my typo. I meant to say that a random abduction seems MOST probable on this day, as apposed to a planned, (because of the activity).

I doubt it was a random abduction. Random abduction of children is most often a predatory crime committed by pedophiles, for the purpose of securing a victim. A pedophile seems unlikely to be trolling in very remote areas. Unless, of course, the pedophile just happened to be directly local to the area, which seems unlikely. Given the strangeness of the Georges, and the previous couple in the car who tried to lure Anna, if you look at the entire situation on a meta-level, the most likely scenario is that the Georges engineered an abduction that may have been carried out by this same couple. Although, the report of the white vehicle with two gentleman, one being older than the other, suggests that the Georges may have done the abduction themselves and then dispostioned Anna very quickly since there was never any indication that they had her in their possession. The initial encounter with the couple in the car had to have been a failed kidnapping attempt, but I doubt it was a random attempt. My gut tells me the Georges had a plan and because the first attempt failed, they probably came up with some variation of the original plan. They may have decided that since the two strangers could not entice Anna, that another method was necessary. Perhaps they decided to grab her themselves.

The younger George could have physically grabbed her while the older one helped to load her into the vehicle. Depending on how she was scooped up, she may or may not have lost the large boots off of her feet. But even if she did drop the boots, the other man could easily have grabbed them and thrown them into the vehicle.

The only other thing that makes sense to me is that there COULD have been a local "weirdo" or pedophile that knew of Anna, stalked her and took advantage of a situation. I feel that the Georges with all their issues, especially with their animosity towards Annasmom and their distaste for having to provide child support for Anna, points very heavily to their involvement. The bottom line is that, even though there was a lot of activity in the area, anyone who was lying in wait could have picked those exact few seconds to grab her, whether it was the Georges, the couple in the car or a local weirdo.

Thanks Dr. Doogie and Sherlock, Jr.

I ask because I do not think this was a random act either. How well did Anna know the horse people and the neighbors? I think Anna was taken by someone that she knew. Maybe GW and GB or maybe someone around the farm that wanted the little girl or who were hired by GW and GB that lived in the area. How trustworthy were the people surrounding the area that the family knew? Did anyone move away or just leave and the days-months following Anna's disappearance? Could she have been hidden or the ranch/farm while the search was going on?

I think someone came by and perhaps she left with them probably on foot-maybe picked up by automobile later -never suspecting that she was being kidnapped. JMO

I doubt it was a random abduction. Random abduction of children is most often a predatory crime committed by pedophiles, for the purpose of securing a victim. A pedophile seems unlikely to be trolling in very remote areas. Unless, of course, the pedophile just happened to be directly local to the area, which seems unlikely. Given the strangeness of the Georges, and the previous couple in the car who tried to lure Anna, if you look at the entire situation on a meta-level, the most likely scenario is that the Georges engineered an abduction that may have been carried out by this same couple. Although, the report of the white vehicle with two gentleman, one being older than the other, suggests that the Georges may have done the abduction themselves and then dispostioned Anna very quickly since there was never any indication that they had her in their possession. The initial encounter with the couple in the car had to have been a failed kidnapping attempt, but I doubt it was a random attempt. My gut tells me the Georges had a plan and because the first attempt failed, they probably came up with some variation of the original plan. They may have decided that since the two strangers could not entice Anna, that another method was necessary. Perhaps they decided to grab her themselves.

The younger George could have physically grabbed her while the older one helped to load her into the vehicle. Depending on how she was scooped up, she may or may not have lost the large boots off of her feet. But even if she did drop the boots, the other man could easily have grabbed them and thrown them into the vehicle.

The only other thing that makes sense to me is that there COULD have been a local "weirdo" or pedophile that knew of Anna, stalked her and took advantage of a situation. I feel that the Georges with all their issues, especially with their animosity towards Annasmom and their distaste for having to provide child support for Anna, points very heavily to their involvement. The bottom line is that, even though there was a lot of activity in the area, anyone who was lying in wait could have picked those exact few seconds to grab her, whether it was the Georges, the couple in the car or a local weirdo.

You make some excellent points. My theory that it being a random abduction also stems from a few other factors. First there was a very heavy storm that morning, strong enough to cause phone outages in the area and bring the creek raging out of it's banks. In my mind, if I was planning something like this, I would postpone thinking that the child might have to/or want to spend the afternoon indoors on a cool, wet, muddy January day. (I'd be out playing in the mud if my mom would let me....though she would never let me...my sister would NEVER play in the mud, even if she could) It was quite a distance the Georges had to travel, you think they would have choosen a day more favorable for a little girl to be playing outdoors. Also, it was a Tuesday. The middle of the work week, just seems strange timing to bring a child into a new family. A Friday would be more ideal, with a weekend for the "new" parents to bond/brainwash with Anna.

I struggle with the Waters/Brody abduction theory often. The comment made by Dr. Waters, "I'm glad the Tot is dead" says to me that he truly thought Anna drown in the creek, as was the original theory being reported at the time. Heck, my very first thought after first reading about Anna was the ground swallowed her up, and I have never really got past that initial mental image. I still search maps of the area for abandon wells and underground caves, caverns and mines. Unfortunately, I doubt that another thorough search of the area will ever be granted.

You make some excellent points. My theory that it being a random abduction also stems from a few other factors. First there was a very heavy storm that morning, strong enough to cause phone outages in the area and bring the creek raging out of it's banks. In my mind, if I was planning something like this, I would postpone thinking that the child might have to/or want to spend the afternoon indoors on a cool, wet, muddy January day. (I'd be out playing in the mud if my mom would let me....though she would never let me...my sister would NEVER play in the mud, even if she could) It was quit a distance the Georges had to travel, you think they would have chose a day more favorable for a little girl to be playing outdoors. Also, it was a Tuesday. The middle of the work week, just seems strange timing to bring a child into a new family. A Friday would be more ideal, with a weekend for the "new" parents to bond/brainwash with Anna.

I struggle with the Waters/Brody abduction theory often. The comment made by Dr. Waters, "I'm glad the Tot is dead" says to me that he truly thought Anna drown in the creek, as was the original theory being reported at the time. Heck, my very first though after first reading about Anna was the ground swallowed her up, and I have never really got past that initial mental image. I still search maps of the area for abandon wells and underground caves, caverns and mines. Unfortunately, I doubt that another thorough search of the area will ever be granted.

Just a few random thoughts here...if this were orchestrated by Brody, maybe January 16 had some "numerological" significance and he believed it had to be done on that day, rain or shine. Anna may not have been introduced to a new "family" for a while, if the theory that the Georges took her overseas is correct. She could have been kidnapped on a Tuesday, taken on an overseas flight, and arrived in another country toward the end of the week.

The "I'm glad the Tot is dead" quote...I've pondered about the meaning of this too. I thought perhaps GW was kept "out of the loop" and told by Brody that Anna was gone, when really GB had passed her off to someone else. Or, perhaps the Georges knew or suspected that they were being watched/listened to (remember they were very paranoid), so maybe he said it with the intention of throwing off whoever was listening.

2:00 PM- Annasmom hears Anna in bedroom/porch, talking (to cats?)

2:10 PM- Carpenter friend of Joe arrives for visit
2:15-2:20 PM- Annasmom, no longer hearing Anna-sounds, becomes
alarmed. She had been monitoring sounds as mothers do-
back door opening and closing, Anna playing in yard
According to this time line, Anna was on the porch/bedroom area playing when Joe's friend came to visit. Did Annasmom see/hear her move from the porch area to the back yard as well? I'm confused how Annasmom could hear her in one area, but the friend saw her in a different area.
I heard her in the back room at two o'clock, and very soon after that (before Craig knocked at the front door) I heard her go out the back door and into the yard. It was maybe five minutes or so after Craig came into the house that I thought things outside were too quiet and went outside to look for her.

Everyone is coming up with some good analysis - even if I do not agree with the conclusions at times. Thanks! It is this sort of brainstorming that helps open us up to new ideas and avenues of research.

I believe that Anna's disappearance was a planned abduction - planned by the two Georges and carried out by the "couple in the car". The evidence of financial motive by Waters and Brody is too strong for me to dismiss. Also, the fact that the couple in the car attempted to lure Anna shortly before her disappearance is too coincidental to be unrelated.

I generally dismiss the idea of a random "crime of opportunity" because of the relative isolation of the farm. People generally who travel on this road are there for a reason - they either live on or are visiting someone who livges on the road. There are much more direct and less arduous routes between the two endpoints of the road. Because of this, it would be unlikely that someone would randomly cruise the road looking for a child to steal - the odds would be highly against seeing any children, not to mention one that was alone and vulnerable for abduction.

The idea that Brody may have been involved without Waters's knowledge is one I had not considered. My immediate reaction (admittedly without too much thought going into it) is that would be doubtful since all of the notes concerning "The Plan" and related information was in Waters's handwriting. Also, it is unlikely that Brody would have had access to the information to make this happen without Waters's participation. I will have to toss this possibility around in my mind for bit and see what falls out.

As for the significance of it occuring on a Tuesday: I suspect that any indoctrination/brainwashing would actually have occured over several months, not just a weekend. I suspect that Anna would have been reintroduced as a kindergartener at the start of the following school year. This is also why I suspect that Anna in her new identity may believe that she is a year younger than she is.

I'm still puzzled why, with all the papers left behind by GW, is this one and only slip that was kept related to his line of work and was dated on the day Anna went missing.

Attachments

• Lab slip 1-16-73.jpg
    Lab slip 1-16-73.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 203
I just wrote this up for June Morrall, and I thought maybe I should post it, since Anna was in the play the first time it was produced, about Halloween of 1972. I have taken out the proper names.

Farmers’ Feed

In 1972 and 1973 dwellers “in the boonies near and about Half Moon Bay, California” formed a food club which they called Farmers’ Feed. Members published a slender volume, the Farmers’ Feed Book, whose contents included recipes and articles on beekeeping, homemade animal feeds, companionate planting, goat keeping, sprouts, chicken raising, and even a chicken vocabulary.
The introduction to the book said “Farmers’ Feed is a cooperative food purchasing and distributing group whose members live in the country south of Half Moon Bay, California. Almost our only common denominator is our countryness. Some of us are strict organic vegetarians and some secretly indulge in supermarket prepared foods in darkened attics. What unifies us is that we are all exurbanites come to roost in the same peaceful rookery. We make our living writing, breeding horses, teaching, drawing, building, filming, planning. This cookbook reflects our diversity. We hope you and your beasts enjoy our country table.”
The book urged a land tithe: Put back a tenth of what you take from the earth
Advertisers and well-wishers were The Abalone Shop, Palace Ranch, Tunitas Glen Gardens, the Great White Whale Company, Hawes Place, Garret Gallery, Hansel-Freeman Apple Works, the Water Works, Take 313, Ford Sunshine Company, and Ed Johnson, the Agricultural Extension Agent.
Farmers’ Feed members took turns shopping for bulk food items, mostly in Santa Cruz.. In fall of 1972, they put on a theatrical production, “The Ballad of Spanishtown Sue”, first at the Hawes Ranch and later at the Bach Dancing and Dynamite Society.

I'm still puzzled why, with all the papers left behind by GW, is this one and only slip that was kept related to his line of work and was dated on the day Anna went missing.

Me too, Sherlock.

This appears to be a carbonless duplicate lab requisition form. These were around in 1973, weren't they? (The carbonless type, I mean). Can you see the writing that appears to be lightly imprinted over the body of the form? I think it's a left over impression from writing on another piece of paper that was placed on top of the form. I can't read it from the picture, but can someone take a closer look at the original and possibly interpret the writing? I doubt it's just another lab requestion, because it doesn't follow the form of this requisition and I assume that it was a pad type of requisition with all the pages of the pad having the same form.

Maybe George Waters got a call from George Brody or someone else on this day, and wrote a note on top of his lab slip. Obviously, he was at work at some point that day, but was his alibi established for the entire day of the 16th? If so, it couldn't have been him that directly abducted Anna, but he could have gotton a phone message reporting the status of the abduction. Of course, he could also have been jotting down a work related note on top of the duplicate form, too. I don't dare to hope this is a smoking gun, but wouldn't it be cool if it was!

...Advertisers and well-wishers were The Abalone Shop, Palace Ranch, Tunitas Glen Gardens, the Great White Whale Company, Hawes Place, Garret Gallery, Hansel-Freeman Apple Works, the Water Works, Take 313, Ford Sunshine Company, and Ed Johnson, the Agricultural Extension Agent...

I had forgotten the Ford Sunshine Company. Annasmom, wasn't that your "company name"? That also brought back memories of the "House Organ" newsletter that you published. I recall it being sort of a local "Mother Jones" type of newsletter with poetry, articles about the family, etc. I also remember writing a rather violent Conan the Barbarian-like story that was published in it - a stark departure from your usual fare.

...In fall of 1972, they put on a theatrical production, “The Ballad of Spanishtown Sue”, first at the Hawes Ranch and later at the Bach Dancing and Dynamite Society.

Another blast from the past! The BDDS was a beach house in HMB where the owner (Pete Douglas) would book famous musicians to come and play in his living room. For a small admittance fee, you could see name jazz musicians playing in the most intimate settings 0someone's home! I recall seeing Cal Tjader and Bobby Hutcherson there, along with performing in the "Fantasticks" there myself. No food or alcohol was served there - everyone brought their own bottle of wine and snacks. It was all very "Half Moon Bay".

I had forgotten the Ford Sunshine Company. Annasmom, wasn't that your "company name"? That also brought back memories of the "House Organ" newsletter that you published. I recall it being sort of a local "Mother Jones" type of newsletter with poetry, articles about the family, etc.

Annasmom, do you still have any copies of this newsletter? What could you have written about Anna? Was this newsletter only sent to family, like inside Christmas cards?

I vaguely remember the newsletter had a very small circulation among friends and family (20? 30?). But because the "subscibers" were spread out over the globe, I got to brag that I had been published in an "international publication". I recall that Annasmom had an old mimeograph machine that she would have to create a stencil master that would then be used to print each copy - definitely "old school" technology.

Me too, Sherlock.

.... Can you see the writing that appears to be lightly imprinted over the body of the form? I think it's a left over impression from writing on another piece of paper that was placed on top of the form. I can't read it from the picture, but can someone take a closer look at the original and possibly interpret the writing? ....

There appears to be lines and arrows...could it be a map???
Was the Lab Rec folded?, maybe I'm seeing fold creases.

There appears to be lines and arrows...could it be a map???
Was the Lab Rec folded?, maybe I'm seeing fold creases.
I'm looking at the lab slip very closely as I write. It was not folded, but there are several smears and lines from the bluish carbon (this is a copy of an original) and the symbol for male, which looks like an O with an arrow. The thing I did not notice before is that the signature where it says "doctor" seems to have a different name before "Waters-T4". It almost looks like "David Scott", but it is impossible to be sure. At any rate, that part of the signature is much lighter than the "Waters" part. The rest of the order appears to be in Dr. Waters' handwriting.

I looked up SSDI for someone with the name of "Joseph Romero" as it appears on the slip. It appears his age was 51 in 1973. It would mean he would've been born around 1922. According to SSDI there is a Joseph Romero who was born May 1922 and died March 2002. He lived in Santa Barbara. How far is SB from SF? (He could've moved there afer 1973) I am not sure where I am heading here, I guess to find out if this "Joseph" is a made up individual or a real individual. It's probably useless information since "Joseph" could really have been a patient of GW's but the slip and the date on the slip is fake.

SB is in Southern CA, while SF is in Central CA... it's anywhere from 4 to 6 hrs drive between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time