Search Center: Information, Pics, and Chat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
thanks for answering that Jenn o! i have been runnin like crazy and have had little time to get on here.

We are not LE nor are we working for them. So it is not illegal to discuss stuff outside of the search center. We just ask people not to just in case something they found does have to do with the disappearance of Lindsey.

Oh, ok so there aren't any legal accountability but then why would,,say a defense attorney, file numerous motions against a search organization requesting the judge to force a search group to turn over names and locations searched? If the defense attorney can raise some doubt about how the search was managed or volunteers who could have compromised parts of the search wouldn't that weaken the case? And what I fear most, help the suspect walk over something a volunteer did.

Novice Seeker

We are not LE nor are we working for them. So it is not illegal to discuss stuff outside of the search center. We just ask people not to just in case something they found does have to do with the disappearance of Lindsey.

But what happens when they do? Is that fair to all the other searchers who behave ethically? Although the search center doesn't work for LE couldn't it still be brought in as a legal issue?

Novice Seeker

2 valuable lessons I learned today.

1. Never ever go on a search with JVK. He's a slave driver.

2. A lowered 2 wheel drive pickup does not turn into a lifted 4 wheel drive pick up when you back it into a ditch.
Thanks search crew for taking some mud in the face to get my truck unstuck!

That'll teach you to drag me along on searches. LOL

Jen is no longer allowed to drive w/out carrying tow straps.

I now have tow straps in my truck.

I learned another valuable lesson today.. JVK is a crazy driver. lol

I want to thank all the search crew for a wonderful feast today.. I'm honored to know each and every one of you. Thank you for being my friends. And to those that weren't there.. I missed you. :)

I absolutly loved the feast guys! amazing!! I enjoyed visiting while we could. Dang weather made us have to leave earlier then i wanted to. but it was all good. Thanks for making my kids feel welcome in the center. I dont like to bring them as we are not there to babysit but to search. They really enjoyed themselves!! so thanks for that!

see everyone soon!

:hug:
thank you all for the hard work that you all put into the search center!

how are supplies?.....i know i have asked this before....want to check in and make sure you have funds still :)

Searches are now scheduled for every weekend--rain or shine. We are located at the corner of 4th and Fir in McCleary. Please feel free to join us between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm. Bring comfortable walking shoes/boots, GPS units if you have them, dress in layers and you might want to bring an extra change of clothing in case you get rained on.

Also there is a candle light vigil planned for 6 pm Jan 23rd at Heritage Park in Olympia. We expect the vigil to last about an hour. We ask that you bring a flashlight or a candle to use.

If you need any information you can contact me at searching4lindseybaum@comcast.net

i have a question.....i know it might already been asked....sorry for that....

how does the search center decide where to search? who is in *charge* of that?

does things that have been sleuthed on forums get used as info to go on?

does the search center conduct their own investigation on people, places ect?

who is the one putting together the new vigil? will there been any guest speakers there?

sorry to ask so many questions......:hug:

i have a question.....i know it might already been asked....sorry for that....

how does the search center decide where to search? who is in *charge* of that?

does things that have been sleuthed on forums get used as info to go on?

does the search center conduct their own investigation on people, places ect?

who is the one putting together the new vigil? will there been any guest speakers there?

sorry to ask so many questions......:hug:

We have an individual who graciously volunteers his time to do the mapping of the search areas.

I can't answer if info from the forums influence where searches are done as I don't have anything to do with that.

I don't personally "sleuth" anyone but others in the search center may. I've never questioned them about that.

The vigil planning was a group effort. We have asked different people to speak and we are currently waiting to hear back from them (I emailed the governor-- no answer yet) and I know LE is being asked to speak but I don't know if they will or not. As far as others who have been asked, I don't have that list so I can't name any names. Sorry.

We have an individual who graciously volunteers his time to do the mapping of the search areas.

I can't answer if info from the forums influence where searches are done as I don't have anything to do with that.

I don't personally "sleuth" anyone but others in the search center may. I've never questioned them about that.

The vigil planning was a group effort. We have asked different people to speak and we are currently waiting to hear back from them (I emailed the governor-- no answer yet) and I know LE is being asked to speak but I don't know if they will or not. As far as others who have been asked, I don't have that list so I can't name any names. Sorry.

thank you jen :)

the volunteer that does the mapping.....how does he decide what and where needs to be searched? since LE is not involved in the search's ...i still dont understand .....are searchers sent out to places just to cover ground? or are there tips or idea's that are given on where to search....

dont get me wrong.....if its to cover all the ground in McCleary....i understand.....i just wanted to know if there was more to it :) i wanted to know if there was any brain storming going on at the search center :)

i hope that makes since.....:hug:

TakeNote

There are a lot of things that are and need to be factored in when choosing most locations to search. Some areas however don't take a lot of factoring - this would be due to their potential relevance to the last known location, where the area is located or even possibly because it was left as a suggestion/tip for the center.

I don't think anyone is going to actually outline the exact procedure and things that factor in because it really is more information than I think any of us want on the web and easily accessible by the wrong people. We can tell you though that there is more to it then simply covering McCleary. I know that doesn't answer all of your questions but hopefully it helps.

jen.....that really does help :)

i know you cant give out everything.....i just wanted to know how it all works.....you answered it just fine :)

thank you :hug:

No problem Take Note. :)

TakeNote

There are a lot of things that are and need to be factored in when choosing most locations to search. Some areas however don't take a lot of factoring - this would be due to their potential relevance to the last known location, where the area is located or even possibly because it was left as a suggestion/tip for the center.

I don't think anyone is going to actually outline the exact procedure and things that factor in because it really is more information than I think any of us want on the web and easily accessible by the wrong people. We can tell you though that there is more to it then simply covering McCleary. I know that doesn't answer all of your questions but hopefully it helps.

:waitasec: I am just curious...what if a tip is about someone in the search group of volunteers?

Searches are now scheduled for every weekend--rain or shine. We are located at the corner of 4th and Fir in McCleary. Please feel free to join us between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm. Bring comfortable walking shoes/boots, GPS units if you have them, dress in layers and you might want to bring an extra change of clothing in case you get rained on.

Also there is a candle light vigil planned for 6 pm Jan 23rd at Heritage Park in Olympia. We expect the vigil to last about an hour. We ask that you bring a flashlight or a candle to use.

If you need any information you can contact me at searching4lindseybaum@comcast.net

Heritage park is on the westside of Olympia right?
is there only one entrance in?
its a very large area

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE