Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So LE has never said anything about that search ? Correct? Surely the testing is complete by now. It must have been dead ends :(

Even with 8-10 week backlogs there has been more than ample time to get any tests results back.

They already IDs Dylan's remains so they have his DNA profile. Matching what was found or not found on the carpet, and wood underneath wouldn't take this many months. Neither would the results of what was found in the cell phone taken or the fire poker.

So imo, they got nothing they needed from the 8-13 SW of MRs home.

I don't blame them for going back to search. In one article right around the time they did the SW on MRs home they said they had served SWs on other locations. Evidently those turned up nothing of substance either.

They will continue on with their investigation, and following up on any tips/leads they may receive. But for now, they are at a stand still again or we would have seen an arrest.:(

I wouldn't want to be LE in this case. I am sure they have had tips that led them on wild goose chases, and wasted their time in investigating them, but they know they must run all leads down whether they turnout to be false leads or not.

IMO

Even with 8-10 week backlogs there has been more than ample time to get any tests results back.

They already IDs Dylan's remains so they have his DNA profile. Matching what was found or not found on the carpet, and wood underneath wouldn't take this many months. Neither would the results of what was found in the cell phone taken or the fire poker.

So imo, they got nothing they needed from the 8-13 SW of MRs home.

I don't blame them for going back to search. In one article right around the time they did the SW on MRs home they said they had served SWs on other locations. Evidently those turned up nothing of substance either.

They will continue on with their investigation, and following up on any tips/leads they may receive. But for now, they are at a stand still again or we would have seen an arrest.:(

I wouldn't want to be LE in this case. I am sure they have had tips that led them on wild goose chases, and wasted their time in investigating them, but they know they must run all leads down whether they turnout to be false leads or not.

IMO

I'm hoping they found some things to solidify their case, but just not 'the' piece that they want to seal the deal. Since the Florida jury fiasco, it seems many DA's are a little gun shy. Of course, there was plenty of time to rid the house of evidence, if there was any to begin with.

It gets so frustrating, but we want it to stick when it does happen.

I'm hoping they found some things to solidify their case, but just not 'the' piece that they want to seal the deal. Since the Florida jury fiasco, it seems many DA's are a little gun shy. Of course, there was plenty of time to rid the house of evidence, if there was any to begin with.

It gets so frustrating, but we want it to stick when it does happen.

I wish I thought they found something to solidify their case but I truly believe they are once again at a standstill.

I am not sure I agree with that. DAs are bringing cases just like they always have everyday. In fact some DAs seem to be bringing them faster than ever before. Even cases where the body hasn't even been located, charges have been brought quickly against suspect(s) nowadays, when we didn't use to see that. We use to have to wait years for such cases to result in an arrest and the suspect brought to trial. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I really don't think it has any bearing on what another state did or the results of another case in another state. Its simple actually. Any DA/LE in any state knows they must have evidence to prove their case BARD. If this DA had the evidence he needed he wouldn't hesitate to arrest the suspect and bring them to trial. But they know speculation is not evidence and does not win cases.

Being able to get rid of all the evidence in a home is very hard even if there was clean up involved. And MRs home has been searched three times. In the last SW they took carpet and wood flooring. There is no way that all of the carpet fibers can be cleaned thoroughly enough to remove all blood. And they also took the wood flooring underneath. Again there is no way to clean every crack and crevice in the hardwood. It is porous and whatever was there will seep into those seams. grains, and into the wood itself.

So, imo, due to the many months that have elapsed since the last SW they once again came up with nothing to assist them in their investigation.

IMO

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...0/0/News/Sheriff-Schirard-to-run-for-6th-term
It seems very important for the sheriff to finish this case. IMO it is not a matter of testing but holding out for the smoking gun which was necessarily delayed by winter snows. Spring/summer revealed evidence last year and I believe it may do so again this year. Or Sheriff Schirard will realize the tremendous symbolism of an arrest in this case and slam dunk his re-election by authorizing just such an arrest closer to election time. ETA: The DA is hindered by term limits. He has no such stake in proceeding or not proceeding with the case.

I really just don't understand why there has been no movement in the case. I chatted with someone connected with the Pagosa Springs courthouse in regards to the case and they said that there was a backlog in reviewing evidence This was back in Jan. though. Either the person responsible for the murder was really crafty in covering up their tracks or just lucky. I feel so sad for Elaine, to have this drag on and on. Bless her. I know this didn't happen in Pagosa Springs, they just had knowledge of the case and gave their opinion.

I really just don't understand why there has been no movement in the case. I chatted with someone connected with the Pagosa Springs courthouse in regards to the case and they said that there was a backlog in reviewing evidence This was back in Jan. though. Either the person responsible for the murder was really crafty in covering up their tracks or just lucky. I feel so sad for Elaine, to have this drag on and on. Bless her. I know this didn't happen in Pagosa Springs, they just had knowledge of the case and gave their opinion.

In reviewing evidence? I mean, this may sound naive of me, but how many high profile murder cases does this area see in a month? a year? I hope that is the case. It's nice to believe they haven't 'gotten around to it ' vs. there was nothing usable in the evidence :(

The other day I was looking up at a mountain across the way from me, and was thinking about how coincidental they came across Dylan's remains in the exact area where they searched. In other words, there must have been a specific reason to look "there"? jmo

The other day I was looking up at a mountain across the way from me, and was thinking about how coincidental they came across Dylan's remains in the exact area where they searched. In other words, there must have been a specific reason to look "there"? jmo

Yes I believe that they were led to that area by info they received. Once Dylan was found I was hopeful an arrest would be made and here we are still waiting all the while the murderer walks free.Just burns me up.

Still praying for justice. :please::please:

Ok LE, giddyup! Id say its time we go round up the witnesses, and there are witnesses no doubt, and let lady justice have her day.

Spring thaw is here. It will be a good time to go see what Mother Nature may have shaken loose, and I am sure people will be looking.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25737549/mark-redwine-explains-swat-hallucination-and-quest-find

"Mark Redwine's vision of SWAT officers circling him on an abandoned Denver street earlier this month was partly an illusion triggered by bad vision and a "pararnoid" manifestation driven by blame-seeking cops and finger-pointing neighbors in his "hater-hood," he says."

"The latest search warrant was served Feb. 5. They took his Dodge pickup. It didn't make sense to him because when he picked up Dylan at the Durango airport on the evening of Nov. 18, he was driving his Chevy pickup, he said."

Do we know what he was driving the next day--when he ran his errands?

Is that even MR's house anymore? He seems to be wandering around in other cities, looking for work and a place to live.

Do we know what he was driving the next day--when he ran his errands?
Now that is a good point. I have to think that they already searched both trucks at one time. Accordng to this article, MT says he drove the Chevy to pick up Dylan. If Dylan did not go anywhere with MR the next day, the Dodge should have no evidence of Dylan in it, nor should Dylan's remains have anything on they associated with said truck. Assuming that there really was a search warrant served on February 5, what would be a good reason to take that truck now?

Are they following up on something that was found previously and has only recently come back from some backlogged lab? What could still be found in the truck that would help convict Dylan's murderer?
Blood in the carpet
Other DNA that might indicate Dylan was deceased in the vehicle
Any DNA in the truck bed
Something that was found on Dylan' remains that matches the truck (nothing should be there since MR drove the Chevy to pick up Dylan)
Something found around Dylan's remains or on Middle Mountain that matches the truck (i.e. flora, fauna on the truck, or carpet fibers, paint chips from the truck on middle mountain)
Some third party's DNA in the truck along with something of Dylan's, indicating that someone spirited Dylan away in the Dodge while Mark was off running errands (I have to throw that out there)
Shards of glass from a phone, ipod, ipad in the truck.
Anything that was Dylan specific in the truck

Other ideas?

I've been reading here off and on, but I don't remember seeing this question...I'm wondering when LE took his truck if they were checking the under-carriage for any debris or materials that would indicate where he had been?
Any idea? TIA

I've been reading here off and on, but I don't remember seeing this question...I'm wondering when LE took his truck if they were checking the under-carriage for any debris or materials that would indicate where he had been?
Any idea? TIA

I'm not sure why LE waited over a year to get a search warrant for this truck. If they did find any incriminating evidence such as you describe, a jury may wonder why it took so long for LE to look. They may wonder if things were planted on the under-carriage by someone at a later date.

Sounds like reasonable doubt could be found by a jury with evidence like that.

JMO.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25737549/mark-redwine-explains-swat-hallucination-and-quest-find

"Mark Redwine's vision of SWAT officers circling him on an abandoned Denver street earlier this month was partly an illusion triggered by bad vision and a "pararnoid" manifestation driven by blame-seeking cops and finger-pointing neighbors in his "hater-hood," he says."

"The latest search warrant was served Feb. 5. They took his Dodge pickup. It didn't make sense to him because when he picked up Dylan at the Durango airport on the evening of Nov. 18, he was driving his Chevy pickup, he said."

Did he really say "hater-hood"? :facepalm:

I'd laugh if there wasn't a dead child in the mix here.

They took both trucks during the first search in Nov 2012.
Now that is interesting...why take just that one, in that 2nd search?

Investigators search house of Dylan’s father
Search warrant executed; no suspects have been named

By Dale Rodebaugh Herald staff writer
Article Last Updated: Thursday, November 29, 2012

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...Investigators-search-house-of-Dylan-s-father-

During a search of Mark Redwine’s house Thursday, investigators towed two pickups that belong to him. They took them to an undisclosed location for further searching.

Pic there of truck being towed

Maybe they think he moved Dylan after the original search? JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas