Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to go in as a prospective buyer and do some sleuthing? :websleuther:

Oh heeeeeccccckkkk no! Heebie jeebies!
Fortunately, there are many fine men and women in LE who have stronger backbones than I do!

BBM: I could have gone with that except he didn't call/text/contact his friends before heading out. How would he know where they were at if he didn't contact them to ask where to meet them? He sure sent enough texts saying he was coming in early the next morning and making sure it'd be OK. So that leaves the house or nearby the house as ground zero for me if someone else took him and the house if it was Mark. JMO, of course.

How weird would it be if someone bought the house and in the course of fixing it up found something that implicates someone (and I mean any person-whomever did this)? I think of the time I was changing out the toilet in my old house and found a fingerprint in caulk on the back of the tank of the old toilet. I had owned that house for 10 years and had no idea there was anything on the back of the toilet. What if that had been a fingerprint in blood? Would I have thought to contact anyone? Probably not at the time.

I think it's possible that Dylan's battery died on his phone. Maybe he didn't know his friends numbers by heart so he left Mark's house without calling them from the home's landline.

He made plans the night before to meet a friend at the friends grandmothers house so he knew where to go.

Dylan wanted to see **** on Sunday night, but his dad wouldn’t let him and **** was heading back from Pagosa Springs that night.

So instead, Dylan promised to come to ****’s grandmother’s house in Bayfield at 6:30 a.m. Monday.

I think it would be beyond weird that evidence which could be used in prosecuting someone for Dylan's murder is still in Mark's house. Not after three LE search's. One initial "cursory" search and two with search warrants leads me to believe that there is nothing left to be found in that house. JMO

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687

I think it's possible that Dylan's battery died on his phone. Maybe he didn't know his friends numbers by heart so he left Mark's house without calling them from the home's landline.

He made plans the night before to meet a friend at the friends grandmothers house so he knew where to go.

I think it would be beyond weird that evidence which could be used in prosecuting someone for Dylan's murder is still in Mark's house. Not after three LE search's. One initial "cursory" search and two with search warrants leads me to believe that there is nothing left to be found in that house. JMO

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687

BBM
I guess anything is possible but then why didn't Dylan catch a ride with Mark since he was up early as well? Also, why didn't Dylan call his dad, older brother or mom from the land line to see if they knew any of his friends numbers? I just find it highly unlikely that Dylan wouldn't have taken a ride from his dad. I am a mother of 2 boys around Dylan's age and even if one of them were mad at their dad (Not saying Dylan was) they'd much rather catch a ride, even if it was silent and/or there was tension built up, as long as they didn't have to walk and could get to where they intended to be as quickly as possible. I'm not sure about anyone else who post here on WS but as far as my teenage boys, they want what they want when they want it. Unless Mark refused to take Dylan then I don't see why Dylan wouldn't jump on the offer for a ride and IIRC Mark said Dylan was asleep when he left, but wasn't it known that Dylan wanted to go to a friends house the night he arrived? It's been a while since I've visited this case but does anybody happen to know just how far Dylan would have to travel to get to his friends? Does Mark live in a secluded area or is there a lot of traffic and/or a main road that runs near by? I also wonder if they have public transportation such as a city bus etc... Ranch, I can certainly understand how someone can come to the conclusion that Dylan may have been hitchhiking, because of his past, but I'd have to know more about his past hitchhiking such as: How old was he when he did it, how many times, who was with him or was he alone... Pretty much all of the circumstances surrounding his past hitchhiking, before I could consider it a serious possibility. I really hope they find the person/s responsible.

BBM
I guess anything is possible but then why didn't Dylan catch a ride with Mark since he was up early as well? Also, why didn't Dylan call his dad, older brother or mom from the land line to see if they knew any of his friends numbers? I just find it highly unlikely that Dylan wouldn't have taken a ride from his dad. I am a mother of 2 boys around Dylan's age and even if one of them were mad at their dad (Not saying Dylan was) they'd much rather catch a ride, even if it was silent and/or there was tension built up, as long as they didn't have to walk and could get to where they intended to be as quickly as possible. I'm not sure about anyone else who post here on WS but as far as my teenage boys, they want what they want when they want it. Unless Mark refused to take Dylan then I don't see why Dylan wouldn't jump on the offer for a ride and IIRC Mark said Dylan was asleep when he left, but wasn't it known that Dylan wanted to go to a friends house the night he arrived? It's been a while since I've visited this case but does anybody happen to know just how far Dylan would have to travel to get to his friends? Does Mark live in a secluded area or is there a lot of traffic and/or a main road that runs near by? I also wonder if they have public transportation such as a city bus etc... Ranch, I can certainly understand how someone can come to the conclusion that Dylan may have been hitchhiking, because of his past, but I'd have to know more about his past hitchhiking such as: How old was he when he did it, how many times, who was with him or was he alone... Pretty much all of the circumstances surrounding his past hitchhiking, before I could consider it a serious possibility. I really hope they find the person/s responsible.

I'm not sure that Dylan had anyone's phone number memorized. If he was planning on hitchhiking he may not have wanted to call any family members before doing so. He didn't need to call his friends anyway. He knew where to go to meet up with them.

If Mark is to be believed he tried to get Dylan up but was unsuccessful. If Dylan was tired I can see that happening. After missing that ride he may have felt that hitchhiking was the best way to meet up with his friends.

JMO.

I'm not sure that Dylan had anyone's phone number memorized. If he was planning on hitchhiking he may not have wanted to call any family members before doing so. He didn't need to call his friends anyway. He knew where to go to meet up with them.

If Mark is to be believed he tried to get Dylan up but was unsuccessful. If Dylan was tired I can see that happening. After missing that ride he may have felt that hitchhiking was the best way to meet up with his friends.

JMO.

If he was hitchhiking, he would have been on the highway, going towards his friends. Why would a random serial killer backtrack, and leave Dyl's body up on that mountain side , overlooking his dads house? What a coincidence that a random serial killer would end up taking the body right up the the EXACT area that MR knows like the back of his hand. The same exact area that MR was seen 'searching', many times too. What a coinky-dink.

I keep thinking about Cory bravely going on national TV (Dr. Phil show), and him taking a stand. I remember the look in his eyes and the passion in which he spoke of Dylan, and the vehement opinion he held/does hold on what happened. I remembered the pure agony of Elaine. It was truly heartbreaking to listen to her and observe her anguish.

In contrast, the father, MR was evasive and refused to take a poly. The poly examiner commented he had never known a parent of a missing child who refused to take a poly.

To me, this speaks volumes. As I have said before, if MR isn't guilty, then he has the great misfortune of appearing so.
As far as the topic of this thread and the search within MR's house, well I think it will be mother nature who ultimately produces answers, not the house.

If he was hitchhiking, he would have been on the highway, going towards his friends. Why would a random serial killer backtrack, and leave Dyl's body up on that mountain side , overlooking his dads house? What a coincidence that a random serial killer would end up taking the body right up the the EXACT area that MR knows like the back of his hand. The same exact area that MR was seen 'searching', many times too. What a coinky-dink.

Who knows how far Dylan got from the house before he was picked up? It
doesn't have to be a serial killer. Mark knows that area like the back of his hand? Never heard that before.

No matter where in the area Dylan was found,someone could say that it was linked to Mark. It's where he lived. JMO.

Who knows how far Dylan got from the house before he was picked up? It
doesn't have to be a serial killer. Mark knows that area like the back of his hand? Never heard that before.

No matter where in the area Dylan was found,someone could say that it was linked to Mark. It's where he lived. JMO.

Yep. He knew that area like the back of his hand. He was known to off road and hike and hunt back up there. He can see the exact spot where the remains were found from his porch.

There are lots of reasons it was linked to Mark. Location is just one of many.

didn't mark say something like...Dylan's not in the lake?

So thankful that LE followed the scent (up-stream) the dogs hit on....don't think Mark was counting on that...

Is Mark still living in the house?

I keep hoping for some type of charges.

Yep. He knew that area like the back of his hand. He was known to off road and hike and hunt back up there. He can see the exact spot where the remains were found from his porch.

There are lots of reasons it was linked to Mark. Location is just one of many.

I'm still not sure how well he knew the area that Dylan was found. Lets say that he did know it well. Is that the only place around his home that he was familiar with? Probably not. Is that the only place he searched? We don't know.

I don't see a strong link to Mark. Someone else could have killed Dylan and left him there. JMO.

Let us not forget about the time Mark was out searching with his other son in his truck and was told to search an area that Dylan was later found and he told his son that searching the area was a waste of time. It turns out that indeed his body was recovered there.

Folks a reminder....

This isn't a general discussion thread.

The topic of the thread is "Search of MR's house"

Please keep to the topic otherwise this thread will need to be closed as well.

didn't mark say something like...Dylan's not in the lake?

So thankful that LE followed the scent (up-stream) the dogs hit on....don't think Mark was counting on that...

Is Mark still living in the house?

I keep hoping for some type of charges.

Actually what mark said was "how many times do they have to search the damned thing before they realize he's not in the lake?" And that was after only one cursory search of his house. I was panicked at the thought of foreclosure but have since grown to appreciate the idea of LE taking another look after mark is gone. It took an entire year and a half for LE to take cadaver dogs with them to search the house. I believe there is more evidence to be found and I believe that justice, however slow, will come.

There is a reason why MR and his home are the center of the investigation. None of the other theories spouted by MR make any sense whatsoever. His home has been searched more than once. There is a reason for that.[modsnip]

Actually what mark said was "how many times do they have to search the damned thing before they realize he's not in the lake?" And that was after only one cursory search of his house. I was panicked at the thought of foreclosure but have since grown to appreciate the idea of LE taking another look after mark is gone. It took an entire year and a half for LE to take cadaver dogs with them to search the house. I believe there is more evidence to be found and I believe that justice, however slow, will come.

BBM

I didn't know that. Do you have a link for this? I'm very interested in learning any details about HRD dog search's of Mark's house.

BBM

I didn't know that. Do you have a link for this? I'm very interested in learning any details about HRD dog search's of Mark's house.

I believe it was in the original Pine River Times article from August 2013. It is no longer avail online, unfortunately. Haven't checked the media thread for cuts and pastes of it. The Pine River Times is the local rag and they provided more detail about the search than the Herald and other CO outlets. I remembered it recently because it also alluded to the Sheriff having been out of town during the search and caught unawares when asked for comment.

ETA: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...dia-Maps-amp-Timelines*&p=9766627#post9766627 Articles is not there...snipped for copyright.

I believe it was in the original Pine River Times article from August 2013. It is no longer avail online, unfortunately. Haven't checked the media thread for cuts and pastes of it. The Pine River Times is the local rag and they provided more detail about the search than the Herald and other CO outlets. I remembered it recently because it also alluded to the Sheriff having been out of town during the search and caught unawares when asked for comment.

ETA: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...dia-Maps-amp-Timelines*&p=9766627#post9766627 Articles is not there...snipped for copyright.

I don't remember reading about HRD dogs being used in any of the three search's of Mark's house. That doesn't mean that they weren't used or only used in the August 2013 search.

It would have made sense to use HRD dogs during the initial consent search. If there was a positive alert, LE could use that to immediately get a search warrant. Maybe they did use HRD dogs then, but got no alerts. Could that be one of the reasons why it took 10 days before they got a search warrant?

So heartbreaking to see no progress in all this time. I wish the forum was open. I think our discussion would prove helpful to Law Enforcement. I sincerely think something we say in our banter of ideas would prove an ah ha moment to LE.

I have heard people say that IF something happened in Mark's house or his truck, the search would have absolutely picked up on it. And many think the apparent lack of evidence in the home and truck point to innocence.

However, LE just now arrested Joseph McStay's business partner for murder. And they claim he killed all 4 of the family INSIDE THE HOUSE, by blunt force trauma. And he moved the bodies in the family vehicle, reportedly. And originally, LE did not find any evidence left behind in the house or vehicles. :waitasec:

The only mention of dogs that I recall was on day one and they tracked Dylan's scent ' to the lake' and that was it. But the LE have been pretty quiet with a lot of the details here, so they may well have had dogs inside the house and we had no idea. Now that the house is presumably empty, I guess LE can do whatever they want there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper