Searches for Lisa

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the article this Edith woman lost a child of her own to a hit and run driver. I'm very sorry for her loss, but she needs to go and deal with it instead of projecting all her grief and anger onto a missing child case which has nothing to do with her. She's not helping in any way whatsoever.

Know where the article writer stands now. Objectivity is dead. Long live point of view journalism.

I don't believe that site is considered main-stream media--more of a personal blog. Still, if people are thinking it's MSM and believing that the opinions meet the standard of reporting of MSM, some harm is still being done.

I don't believe that site is considered main-stream media--more of a personal blog. Still, if people are thinking it's MSM and believing that the opinions meet the standard of reporting of MSM, some harm is still being done.

Isn't this the ONE person from that site that we are permitted to reference on this thread (as if it were MSM)? If so, maybe it should be re-examined, because her bias is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

I may be wrong, because that's a site I don't normally read (probably because the writing is so dreadful), but that name stuck in my head.

Is it really?? I used it as a source of pics of Baby Lisa earlier on and figured I got away with that because it was just pics, not the article. Do you know why there would be an exception for that site?? It really does seem to be much more opinion, much less facts (especially when the primary 'source' for an article posts that he has never spoken to the author and has been misquoted.) I personally would not considered it MSM in any way, but I have only been here for a couple of months and don't know all the history.

I am not even sure what the direct quotes are in this article. On one hand Edith says the parents are staying up all night because they are scared (which would make you think the intruder story is real) then goes on to say she thought she was close to getting somewhere while talking to DB (which could make you think she was getting ready to spill something because she was involved). Then the whole vigil thing still confuses me because you have some saying weekly and others saying daily. I tend to lean towards daily only because I read that in local news and seems like they would know because they are there.....still confusing though. Edith then comes off has someone who is very inconsiderate when she speaks about how the vigils are about everyone gathering and discussing the case. Even if she wasn't saying the parents are guilty if anyone was then they should have left right then in consideration for the boys. They stood so close to the house and I am sure the boys could hear what was being said if they spoke loudly. Also the neighbors should have some peace in their neighborhood, they just happen to live there and shouldn't have to deal with the drama if they don't want to. I wouldn't want media and strangers all over my neighborhood while I was just trying to live my daily life. I am not sure why the parents should have to leave their house......could you imagine having to leave your house, with your children, because people where on your front lawn thinking they had every right to be there discussing the kidnapping of your daughter? Sounds like a sad situation to me!

Isabelle Zehnder is the only accepted author on Websleuths from Examiner.com

eta: if you guys think this is bad, you should see some of the other articles about Lisa on that site that aren't written by Zehnder. talk about bias. yikes. :innocent: she wrote some good articles about Gil Abeyta's role in this case. generally she has been fair, this article was a bit more biased than others though.

It was my understanding from previous posts here that this particular writer has been approved as a MSM source.

It was my understanding from previous posts here that this particular writer has been approved as a MSM source.

Yes, she is an approved MSM source. I don't see why this article is considered biased. Just because she gives Edith's side of the story? Everything else written we've seen and heard elsewhere. The writer is merely recounting what people involved in the vigils, the family and commentators have said. She isn't making anything up. All MOO

The parents also might not be able to sleep because they can't stop thinking about a jail cell. Also, if I was trying to put out an image of a grieving, innocent parent of a missing child, I would tell the media that I couldn't sleep either.

The parents also might not be able to sleep because they can't stop thinking about a jail cell. Also, if I was trying to put out an image of a grieving, innocent parent of a missing child, I would tell the media that I couldn't sleep either.

bbm. :waitasec: Edith told the media that they couldn't sleep. Not the parents. Apparently they told Edith, not the media.

bbm. :waitasec: Edith told the media that they couldn't sleep. Not the parents. Apparently they told Edith, not the media.

I don't even know if they told Edith that or she witnessed it. I wish the article had the interview with Edith instead of the way it was written it is very confusing. Throwing the stuff from MK's interview on fox news kinda made it seem choppy and I don't know if the stuff from Edith all came at the same time or if it is different articles put together. Just seems like Edith was coming from a few different directions and the MK interview and those opinions were kinda threw in.

not sure where else to put this.

http://www.facebook.com/events/328557273824898

Today at 7:00pm until Saturday, December 24, 2011 at 8:00pm

Where: 3600 BLOCK OF N. LISTER AVE KANSAS CITY, MO

Description

This is intended to be a peaceful event celebrating the 12 days of Christmas for Baby Lisa Irwin.
Church choirs are urged to attend this event.

All participants must follow these simple rules.

1: Our intentions are to sing Christmas carols from 7pm through 7:50pm followed by prayer until 8pm. Our intentions are no...t to have loud outbursts or have any contact with any of the residents in the area. We want this to be a peaceful respectful event.

2: Do not obstruct the roadway, and do not obstruct the driveways for any residents where you will park or stand.

3: Do not litter. Even if you see trash on the ground, please be respectful and haul it off and dispose of it.

4: Do not cause damage to any property, and do not litter.

5: If you are confronted by any hostile activity, someone from the group should call the Kansas City Missouri police. They have requested to be notified of this event and will be aware of the event times and dates.

6: All participants must stand on the public easement off of the roadway. No participants can extend into any yard further than 4 feet. It is important that all participants follow this rule.

7: Signs are not allowed, but candles are fine.

I don't even know what to say about that. Wait, yes I do: good grief!

I don't even know what to say about that. Wait, yes I do: good grief!

I have no problem with them doing it, but I don't understand why it's absolutely necessary to have it where the parent live. If this is being done with the affiliation of a church, why cannot it not be done at the church? If the answer is to 'bring attention', that still doesn't explain why you can't get the same kind of attention in a public place, where it'll be more visible to people. Or is this supposed to be for news cameras? If so, can't the same news camera's film them in a public place?

I should have explained my comment! I think the point in doing it in front of the Irwin house is two-fold:

1. To show the parents that they will get prayer vigils in front of their house whether they want them or not, and
2. To put pressure on the parents.

All IMO, of course, but I think the carols are a way of putting a pretty wrapper on not-so-nice intentions. Because honestly, caroling once might be a nice thing to do, but doing it every night through Christmas Eve is about making a point. And if the parents or any of the neighbors object, why, they are just being Scrooges and not only hate prayer but hate Christmas, too!

i'm not 100% sure but i believe this may be a different prayer group than "Lisa's Angels" organized by Edith. Maybe In Da Middle can confirm.

I have no problem with them doing it, but I don't understand why it's absolutely necessary to have it where the parent live. If this is being done with the affiliation of a church, why cannot it not be done at the church? If the answer is to 'bring attention', that still doesn't explain why you can't get the same kind of attention in a public place, where it'll be more visible to people. Or is this supposed to be for news cameras? If so, can't the same news camera's film them in a public place?

I read that church choirs were urged to attend but didn't find any indication that it was necessarily affiliated with any church. Have I misunderstood or is there more info available elsewhere?

Do we know who is sponsoring this? IMO, that would give us a clue as to the motivation behind the caroling. I'm not too sure this is being offered as a real blessing. :dunno:

I love the idea, sounds fantastic. However I would love to see it held at a much more public place, ..like a city park. Much more parking available. Probably much better attendance. JMO though

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2
Back