Searching For Anna - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a grapestake fence, pointed pickets, very old and weathered, with moss growing on it, but it didn't have any holes in it. TC has replaced it with similar grapestake, but newer, of course. I am not able to get Street View on my GoogleEarth for some reason, but of course I can just drive out there and look at the farm. Can you see the hunter's cabin up the hill? I don't know how recently the pictures were made for GoogleEarth. When we lived there, there were three houses, two barns, a millhouse next to the creek, and two other small rickety buildings (one was a chicken coop). After we left, the landlord turned the rickety buildings into houses, preserving the roofline and building below it.

Street view isn't with Google Earth, but uses it's technology with their maps feature. Go to www.google.com and in the upper left corner choose "Maps" and then type in addy. When the map comes up, click on the picture in the description box, or drag the little man to where you want him to "view".

Street view isn't with Google Earth, but uses it's technology with their maps feature. Go to www.google.com and in the upper left corner choose "Maps" and then type in addy. When the map comes up, click on the picture in the description box, or drag the little man to where you want him to "view".
Thank you, MagicRose. You know by now that about all I can do with the computer is type! I did look at the street view, and then I looked again with Google Earth. The good thing about the street view is that you can see how Purisima Creek Road joins up with Higgins Canyon Road, which goes directly back to Highway One or Half Moon Bay. You can also tell how far below street level the house is...it's the yellow thing you can ALMOST see behind the picket fence. You can see how we would not be able to see who was on the road from the house. However, this program has removed all the cars, animals, people, and even all the structures except one barn. Since the end of the road became a redwoods preserve, you cannot find a time of day when there aren't cars parked all over the place.

When you use Google Earth to try to get an overhead view, you would think you were in the rain forest. You don't see houses; all you see is very lush green canopy, no meadows, no creek, no nothing but trees. Even in the rainy season, there is not that much greenery.

It probably has something to do with privacy issues, but it is a little misleading to someone who doesn't know how busy the road and the neighborhood were in 1973. They are even busier now, of course, with lots more horse ranches and traffic.

On the other hand, Street View of our street almost lets you look inside the houses. You can read the license plates on the cars. I wonder why there's such a difference.

Not yet another conspiracy! :eek:

No, I think it's more the camera angle, though obviously Google has removed cars, people, animals, the family names which appear in front of some of the houses. You get a more accurate impression if you ask for street view of 2303 Purisima Creek Rd., Half Moon Bay, California 94019, because it gives you the other (north) side of the road, which is where the mailboxes were and are (the rural mail person drove a right-hand-drive truck). You can also see some of the fancy houses which have gone up since we lived there. In 1973, there was only one other house east of us, or toward the junction of Higgins and Purisima. You can even see TC's mailbox, though the white strip runs right through it.

I just posted a message on ProZ Forum (Translators and Interpreters Forum) which is visited by thousands of translators, interpreters and agencies from just about every country each day.

http://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/114587-abducted_child_taken_overseas_please_help_off_topic.html
Abducted Child Taken Overseas - Please help

Please help us find Anna Christian Waters.

Her family believes her father might have taken her overseas (Italy, Greece, former Yugoslavia) and another family raised her there, probably under another name. The father has since died without divulging what happened to Anna.

Please click here for pictures and more information:
http://www.searchingforanna.com/

Have you seen her? Can you help with getting the information published in these countries?

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Good job Kiva. Is there a way to post pictures on that sight? It would be nice to have a childhood picture and an age enhanced pic. of Anna with your notice.

Good job Kiva. Is there a way to post pictures on that sight? It would be nice to have a childhood picture and an age enhanced pic. of Anna with your notice.

I wanted to do that but they do not allow pictures. I am hoping people will click on the link.

You made me think. :) I just revised it to read: "Please click here for pictures and more information."

Thank you.

I posted a message about the search for Anna on the Ravelry Forum. Ravelry is a very popular international online community. http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/remnants/325349/1-25

http://www.ravelry.com/statistics/users
Presently there are 176,651 registered users.
38,626 users have visited Ravelry during the last 24 hours.

"Ravelry is a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners, and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools, and pattern information, and look to others for ideas and inspiration. The content here is all user- driven; we as a community make the site what it is. The Yarn Harlot wrote recently about Representing, showing the world the power of our community, and I believe that on this site we can really show the strength of our numbers and the depth of our creativity. So what can you personally do on Ravelry? You can talk about your own projects, integrate that information into your personal website, and contribute to someone else's project a world away. If you are not a blogger, we give you a great way to share and show off your projects, participate in -alongs, and socialize with other crafters. If you are a blogger, then Ravelry is the perfect complement to your online journal; it provides structure and organization. All of your information is easy to enter and easy to find. You will not need to update your own FO album again - it is all here on Ravelry!"

KivaSupporter, you are doing such a great job on this. It's great that you know of so many international resources and have such fresh ideas and perspective.

KivaSupporter, you are doing such a great job on this. It's great that you know of so many international resources and have such fresh ideas and perspective.

Thank you, Birdie. I hope it will help. By the way, the message on the ProZ forum is getting a lot of hits already. :)

I've had a good cry over this today, so I want to tell you a little about it. When I was twelve years old, my aunt adopted a pretty little girl I've always called my cousin. When I was writing Searching for Anna, I asked my cousin if she would write something about her story to put in the book, but she just couldn't. Someone in the family gave her the book last month; she read it and it prompted her to write to me, though it took her almost a month to mail the letter. The letter arrived this morning.

My cousin still finds it very difficult to write about her past, especially the part before she was adopted, but briefly, she was reunited with her birth mother some years ago after a 44-year search. She says that because of Anna's disappearance (about which she actually knew very little before reading the book), she was certainly overprotective of her own daughter, and she says that she has not been able to sleep very well since reading the book.

She says: "You are a mother with a lost child. I have been a lost child for most of my life." She says that the only thing which sustained her through all those lost years was remembering that her mother loved her. "It was that love that found me after forty-four years of searching," she writes.

At the end of her letter, she cites a passage from the book of Genesis:
"...fear not, for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is."

My cousin writes "Maybe some day I will tell you how this verse has sustained me in trying times."

Annasmom,

I truly did need a good cry today. Thank you! I'm not being sarcastic at all...my husband told me this mornng he's not in love with me and does not want to be married anymore. I have not cried until I read this. What you just wrote helped me put things in perspective. Thank you for sharing this with us..with me! :blowkiss:

I pray for you and your daughter every day. I have a 17 year old and cannot imagine. My love to the both of you.

I knew it was coming, knew it was coming, knew it was coming...and it slipped right by me. Happy birthday, dear friend!:blowkiss::woohoo::blowkiss:

SherkockJr!!!

A very happy birthday to you!

Cheers

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Sherlock Jr.

:HappyBday :gift: :cake4u:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors