Searching for Seka

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found this old post from Dr. Doogie:

Dr. Doogie03-21-2006, 02:17 PM
I have located George Waters' former supervisor at the clinic that he worked from 1970 until Feb. 1981. I will try and make contact with him today. I hope to accomplish two things: 1) see if he knows of any thing that he may have seen that would bolster the hypothesis that the GW was involved in Anna's disappearance, and 2) see if I can get a last name for "Seka", a co-worker of GW's that Brody attempted to draw under his influence. I would like to contact Seka and see what she knows about Brody.

I will post what I find..

Find:
I heard back from GW's supervisor and she stated that she new nothing about his personal life. He worked a night shift when there were no supervisors around and only one other doctor on duty. She also did not recall Brody being a patient or a Seka working for the clinic. Seka must have been a co-worker at one of the other jobs that GW had.

~~ In that case Seka MAY have worked in the medical field. Do you think Seka would travel from Belgrade/Skadrin area to school nursing or Doctorate in San Fran?

Another 2006 Post from Dr. D.

Dr. Doogie04-08-2006, 05:14 PM
No luck - Brody addressed the letters to her family as "Dear Friends". No address other than references to "Beograd".

I rereading the correspondence, it appears that Seka first arrived in San Francisco from Yugoslavia in 1976. Brody refers to her also by a nickname of "Little Tito". Shortly after her arrival, it appears that she began to drift away from Brody's influence, causing him to warn her about the emotional damage that would occur to her if he were to break ties with her (the ego of this man was stunning).

Yugoslavia!?

Full link for my 2 posts:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-37212.html

There is some good information/discussion about Seka on page 21 of the first BFH thread.

Additionally, I found an old post of Annasmom, regarding a typed letter of GB's.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Box From Hell (BFH)

Two things come to mind here. Perhaps Seka and her parents were residing in SF at the time? It sounds from the typed letter above, that they were trying to prep/prepare Seka to move from her parents home into her own place. My guess is they were trying to seperate Seka from her relationship from her family, (typical of GB, imo).

It is also possible Seka's parents stayed at the hotel mentioned in the above typed letter when visiting.

It's possible that Seka was a student here living with her parents? It looks like she corresponded with the two G's from at least 1976 through 1978.

I think I can find enough information to start a thread at City data. I should have some more time to do that this weekend. Most likely Saturday. I'll try and have a thread set up at CD by early next week. I can always add additional info we uncover later..

Another thought. It is possible Seka new the two G's by their aliases. George Bee and George Wolf or Wolfe. We shouldn't narrow our inquiry/search to only the Brody and Waters names.

jmo

Hello, Annasmom.

You will probably remember we tried to find out if anyone in Skradin remembered Seka and her family. We were not able to get this information then.

What do you think about making a flyer which I could translate, find someone in or close to Skradin, e-mail it to him/her who would then make copies and post it and distribute it in Skradin? I would need help because I have no idea how to make a flyer. I would also like to ask you for permission to do it, if you agree.

Of course you have my permission. DrDoogie made a flyer which we distributed along Purisima Creek Road. I'll see if I kept a copy of it and if I find it, I'll post it here.

Of course you have my permission. DrDoogie made a flyer which we distributed along Purisima Creek Road. I'll see if I kept a copy of it and if I find it, I'll post it here.

I think we might be talking about different things. I am sorry for the confusion.

I was thinking about a flyer looking for Seka in Skradin, asking if anyone remembers her family and their beach house.

I think these were posted some time ago, but since several questions have been asked about things in this correspondence, I am posting them again. The typed letter apparently was dictated to and typed by GW.

Attachments

• Seka 1-14-77.jpg
    Seka 1-14-77.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Seka 11-76.jpg
    Seka 11-76.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Seka card.jpg
    Seka card.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 36
I think we might be talking about different things. I am sorry for the confusion.

I was thinking about a flyer looking for Seka in Skradin, asking if anyone remembers her family and their beach house.

Oh, I misunderstood. Maybe you could use her card in a flyer?

Oh, I misunderstood. Maybe you could use her card in a flyer?

Great idea. Then I could add a few sentences.

I hate to be so ignorant. Which program would be used? Word? I am afraid I need some guidance.

Thank you!

Annasmom,

If you have an opportunity, can you please ask Doogie if we had evidence that Seka was a co-worker of GW, or if that was a speculation?

Also does anyone know if there were any other medical schools in SF at that time besides UCSF?

Thanks!!

Another long shot here... going on the theory that Seka may have been a medical student... I started searching the California physician and nurse licenses for any names that sound like they could be Serbian. (A wiki article stated that most Serbian/Yugoslavian surnames end in "ic" so that's what I was looking for)

I found one named S88V88E88T88K88A G88R88S88K88O88V88I88C

(Ignore the 8's, I'm just trying to keep her name from showing up on a Google search that her patients may see) Anyway, she was licensed as an RN in San Francisco and currently works at Kaiser on Geary in SF. Her Kaiser profile says that she speaks Croatian (not sure if this is a plus or a minus, Seka should speak Serbian, right?), and has been in the SF Bay Area for 35 years (arriving circa 1975-1976), and with Kaiser for 30 (circa 1980-1981).

I could see how this first name could be understood as "Seka" by someone who may not be familiar with the Serbian names.

Again, total long shot.. but I thought it was worth mentioning since the timing also seems right.

Great idea. Then I could add a few sentences.

I hate to be so ignorant. Which program would be used? Word? I am afraid I need some guidance.

Thank you!
How were you thinking of distributing the flyers? If someone there is going to print and distribute them, you need to use a program that person can open. Most people can open Word. We have a couple of graphic artists who have posted here previously...if they happen to hear that we need them, maybe they would have some helpful advice. I guess you would scan the post card as a JPG, then copy and paste it into a blank Word document and then add your sentences. I wish I could be more helpful, but I'm not very savvy about these things myself. I do appreciate your willingness.

Annasmom,

If you have an opportunity, can you please ask Doogie if we had evidence that Seka was a co-worker of GW, or if that was a speculation?

Also does anyone know if there were any other medical schools in SF at that time besides UCSF?

Thanks!!
Odyssey, all we know about Seka is what was contained in the correspondence; everything else is speculation. UCSF is the only medical school in San Francisco, but I think it also has a campus in Davis, Calif.

Croatian is very similar to Serbian and easily understood by Serbians and vice versa.

In most cases, Seka is a nickname both in Croatia and Serbia.

This person might know or has heard of Seka. It might be a good idea to contact her.

My belief is that Seka is living in the US.

HTH

Annasmom, I was thinking of sending a copy of the flyer by e-mail. A person in Croatia could then print copies and distribute them.

I believe I can produce a flyer in Word.

Would you please give me your suggestion about what to say in the flyer? I will translate it into Croatian.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Just to point out what we can learn from the postcard:

The postcard was sent from Belgrade.

Seka was staying with (visiting) her parents and brother in Belgrade.

They were planning to go soon to their summer house in Croatia to spend a month there.

She was going to return to the US in September.

I am sure she was on summer vacation in Croatia and Serbia and was returning to the US at the start of the school year.

Аnother thing which would be good to pursue, assuming Seka stayed in the US and was naturalized:

Please refer to messages 14 and 25 in this thread for information I received from NARA in San Bruno.

Is there anyone who lives in or close to San Bruno, California willing to visit the National Archives and Records Administration?

Well!
You're not going to believe what I've just found... On Facebook, there is a group called Zim's Restaurant. Whoopie. There are 120 people in the group so far and they are discussing the restaurant, the waitresse's the owner and some of them went there in the early 70's! Some are old waitress's and daughters and son's of people who worked there... Do I dare? Please give me some thoughts, please........ SK
For those interested..... https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/211635915110/

If anyone of you know which Zim's the G's frequented, it would very helpful IF I post on the FB site. The address.....? They are talking about 8th & Geary, Geary between 17th and 18th, Market and Van Ness and 19th, and one near Jackson and Vaness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tawnitrevino
Back