Sen. Ted Kennedy has Brain Tumor UPDATE PASSED AWAY

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just read that Caroline Kennedy is no longer considering taking Hilary Clintons' senate seat,because of her uncle Ted Kennedys' failing health.

It would have had to be offered by the governor for her to take it, and apparently Patterson was NOT going to appoint her.

Eve

Any of us who have watched a loved one suffer through a terminal cancer - as I am doing now - would take umbrage to the "it is karma" comment. The comment would be made by someone who has never been through the experience. Lucky, aren't they?

oh my :( how sad! I pray for strength for his family, because, after all, THEY will be the ones here to deal with the loss and heartache. Is what he did before right? no, but when your applauding cancer, your only hurting the innocent, those left behind. God bless TK!

Crap. He has spent his political career hoping for health care reform; now he may not get to see it.

Maybe he can help guide reform from above.

TK must be doing poorly. He did not attend his sister's funeral and now his request for a speedy replacement?

Hate to say it but you know when he dies all the talk show wackos (Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck et al) will be dancing on his grave. They'll go through the motions of expressing sympathy but will do so unconvincingly. Actually I can think of a couple who might not even do that.

I never cared for TK as a man ever since Chappaquiddik (sp) but was very saddened on learning about his tumor. One does have to wonder if Ted will go to the place above and be able to help. I pray so.

IMO, when Ted was diagnosed with brain cancer that is when someone should of taken his place.
IMO, all politicians should only be allowed to serve limited terms.
How can someone ill as that make very important decisions.......
I know first hand on this, I also suffer with brain tumors and
thus am classified as disabled. MOO

I'm sorry, I have no respect for the man. It seems like he's trying to use his impending death for political purposes too. Everything in this man's life has been centered around politics to the death, destruction and detriment of almost everyone in his life. I'm sorry that he has a brain tumor, it doesn't matter if you're a powerful politician or a lowly garbage man, being handed that kind of illness is a horrible thing and he deserves sympathy but jeez...give up your seat and spend time with your family. Forget about politics for once.

It's a political family; it's what he knows. I suspect he's concerned because he knows he won't last long enough to cast a vote in support of health care. I think if I'd spent 47 years on an issue and knew I wasn't going to make it when it finally came up, I might be doing the same type of thing.

Obviously he wants his successor to agree with him on this issue so yeah, it does seem like what seamaid said.

I don't understand why the state needs to wait 5 months before naming a successor. That really seems dumb.

It's a political family; it's what he knows. I suspect he's concerned because he knows he won't last long enough to cast a vote in support of health care. I think if I'd spent 47 years on an issue and knew I wasn't going to make it when it finally came up, I might be doing the same type of thing.

Obviously he wants his successor to agree with him on this issue so yeah, it does seem like what seamaid said.

Well, it's very self-serving since TK lobbied for the law which delayed the appointment of a senator when John Kerry was running for President and MA had a republican governor. Now that MA has a democrat for a governor, they want to go back to the old way and have the governor appoint a replacement senator right away.

I feel bad for TK and his family but get tired of the politics.

I'm sorry, I have no respect for the man. It seems like he's trying to use his impending death for political purposes too. Everything in this man's life has been centered around politics to the death, destruction and detriment of almost everyone in his life. I'm sorry that he has a brain tumor, it doesn't matter if you're a powerful politician or a lowly garbage man, being handed that kind of illness is a horrible thing and he deserves sympathy but jeez...give up your seat and spend time with your family. Forget about politics for once.

No disrespect to you, but I would not expect anyone who has been at the epicenter of political decisionmaking for the bulk of their lives to give no thought to who would be taking over for them and what impact that person might have on a life times worth of work. I would expect that a responsible decisionmaker would attempt to have as much input into the process of choosing the replacement as he/she possibly could.

In Ted's case, I suppose we could debate forever on what kind of human being he is-my personal belief is that you pay your dues here on earth for the decisions you make good or bad...and I think Ted is a great representation of that. Illness aside. JMO

Hate to say it but you know when he dies all the talk show wackos (Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck et al) will be dancing on his grave. They'll go through the motions of expressing sympathy but will do so unconvincingly. Actually I can think of a couple who might not even do that.

Is there a law that says the media has to love and admire Ted Kennedy? So what if there are "a couple who might not even do that". Ted Kennedy let a young girl die. Is the media suppose to over look that? Ted Kennedy knows that when he dies Mary Jo Kopechne will forever be a part of his legacy. It will never go away.
People are allowed to have different views of Ted Kennedy. Some of those views are not favorable.

The life expectancy for a patient with a Glioma brain tumor is around a year. I don't exactly recall when K was diagnosed - anyone recall?

Crap. He has spent his political career hoping for health care reform; now he may not get to see it.

Maybe he can help guide reform from above.

If you will recall, King David was not allowed to build the temple because he had blood on his hands.

Breaking news on CNN right now.

Passed away late Tuesday night.

RIP- Prayers to his family and loved ones, he sure was the rock of that whole clan.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill
Back