Sending people to live on Mars — FOREVER

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.timesherald.com/science/20140114/wife-daughters-hope-dad-doesnt-leave-them-for-mars

Wife, daughters hope dad doesn't leave them for Mars

Sullivan’s two oldest daughters, from a previous marriage, would be grown by the time the first mission takes off, currently set for 2024, but his 3-year-old son, K****, and infant daughter, T***, would be at ages where having a dad around is crucial.

“I just hope the family will be able to forgive me down the road,” he said. “Hopefully there isn’t too much hatred of my being selfish in pursuing a dream that isn’t theirs.”

His chances of making the final cut are slim, he realizes, but exploring another world is something that intrigued him enough to submit a video application and send it in before he even talked with his wife about it.

Sullivan says he loves his family more than Mars, but “my desire to explore and the opportunity to do something no one has ever done before, and making a name for myself, would be nice to do.”

She is very noble... if you say you love me more than Mars you better talk to me first before submitting an application to go make a name for yourself in Mars.

My first husband would love to go. I'll pay for his ticket ��.

Humans on Mars now?

:facepalm:

There goes the neighborhood! :snooty:

What planet do "Utahns" come from, any way?

Muslim leaders issue a fatwa against anyone living on MARS as there is 'no righteous reason' to be there

Clerics in the UAE have deemed a colony on Mars as being un-Islamic
They argue that trying to live there would be akin to committing suicide

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-no-righteous-reason-there.html#ixzz2tnHco71q
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Co-founder Bas Lansdorp said: ‘We’re extremely appreciative and impressed with the sheer number of people who submitted their applications.

'However, the challenge with 200,000 applicants is separating those who we feel are physically and mentally adept to become human ambassadors on Mars from those who are obviously taking the mission much less seriously. We even had a couple of applicants submit their videos in the nude!’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-no-righteous-reason-there.html#ixzz2tnHquvs5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I am acquainted with one of the 1,000 some odd finalists, an otherwise perfectly normal individual. You couldn't pay me, but to each his or her own!

Mmmkay.

Besides people on death row applying, who else sent in an application?

Radiation? Anyone care to 'splain that in more detail? Anyone know what lives on Mars as is? What kind of conditions? What kind of food? Where is the toilet? Where does the toilet water go? What kind of diseases may be there?

I could go on. I'm sure if I was really depressed, really drunk or on drugs, had killed someone, or was in an adventurous depression, I might think about filling out an application. Even if I got that far, I would need much, much more information.

Maybe I'll wait until the criminals create colonies, get sick, figure out how to get better, figure out how to grow food, how to dispose of human waste, how to make medicine from that lovely orange/red dust that looks like Mars, and how to battle the giant worm, before I fill out an application.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj7R_2WWdKs

Can we sign other people up? I'd like to sign my hubby's boss up for the trip.
I can think of a few people I'd like off my planet!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

What planet do "Utahns" come from, any way?

Kolob. I remember singing If You Could Hie to Kolob as a young Mormon.

Beautiful song, IMO, but Kolob does not exist even though the people that raised me said it did.

Have these volunteers thought this through?
What are they going to eat for the rest of their lives? Water? What if the other volunteers are complete jerks and you're stuck there with them? Can you imagine if one was a compulsive close talker ...:eek:
BBM S...BM

What if others blasted loud music, like rap, polka, opera, or worst of all, Barney's theme song?
J/K, opera fan here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back