Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was in Phase 3 and had almost completed her 180 days in it that would have enabled her to have contact visits. The days since her initial eval, with no infractions, would put her there. If she is now back in 2, I believe it's 30 days before she can be considered again for Phase 3, then another 180 days for contact visits.

Thanks. This rewards system is evidently more complicated than I thought. Now as I understand it, it's not like when you were a brownie and "flew up" to girl scouts and got all the "perks" of being a girl scout. Rather, in PV, you have the opportunity to get your perk one perk at a time. You gradually, not in big steps, make your way up the perk rungs. Then, if you're bad, it's like "Chutes and Ladders": you whoosh down the game board and have to work your way back up, one perk at a time.

These inmates are constantly having to work towards something.... The lifers are never going to get to the end of the game. They could conceivably get to the last spot on the game board, but never the winning spot. My game board had a "chute" on that final spot....

IMO, since JM's book is coming out right now, JA won't be able to contain her temper for the 30 days. She probably has 3 weeks left in which to lose it....

I haven't read the Hughes book but I think I might get the Kindle version because I want to know why they didn't contact their PPL attorney when they found out Nurmi lied. Why did Sky even talk to this snake, even Abe was smarter than that. Abe seems the only one that told the DT he would only talk with them if his attorney was present and the interview was conducted in Juan's office. When Nurmi questioned Abe by phone in court, he kept trying to get Abe to say it was Juan's idea to have the meeting in his office. Abe told the snake in quick order that it was HIS idea not Juan's.

My assessment of Abe is that he's very on the ball, especially in the business sense. He is not naive.

Why do the family blame Juan for Juror 17? What about the judge?? Confused.

Maybe because it's easy to think there's one obvious item that could have made the difference. The issues with the judge are a lot less clear cut.

However.......who's to say if Juror #17 was stricken in voir dire there wouldn't have been someone in her slot who could have really influenced the rest of the panel? Juror #17 was easy for the panel to dismiss. Another personality type might have been more compelling.

The really amazing fact here is that Martinez got 11 jurors to see his point of view, difficult as it was, and they didn't back down once they arrived at it. All those people were willing to condemn someone to death? That's a major testament to Martinez' role.

I hope the Alexanders get over their coulda woulda shouldas around the death penalty. IMO, JA got it way worse to be a lifer. We've already got a glimpse of her new BS reality: decades of being slapped down and most of it with no one caring squat. Disappearing into an ignominious dark lifetime of slap-downs.

At 19:20 in NG episode. You can see the bathroom vanity by his foot. So the window the light would be coming through is his bathroom. Unless it is the overhead lighting.

My question is why did they not use these clearer pictures during trial?

Is there a link for this photo? Until now, I wasn't sure what y'all were talking about; I thought it was the one with the "foot" and pants leg and TA bleeding from the neck. Also, where is this photo in the sequence of events?

Thanks. This rewards system is evidently more complicated than I thought. Now as I understand it, it's not like when you were a brownie and "flew up" to girl scouts and got all the "perks" of being a girl scout. Rather, in PV, you have the opportunity to get your perk one perk at a time. You gradually, not in big steps, make your way up the perk rungs. Then, if you're bad, it's like "Chutes and Ladders": you whoosh down the game board and have to work your way back up, one perk at a time.

These inmates are constantly having to work towards something.... The lifers are never going to get to the end of the game. They could conceivably get to the last spot on the game board, but never the winning spot. My game board had a "chute" on that final spot....

IMO, since JM's book is coming out right now, JA won't be able to contain her temper for the 30 days. She probably has 3 weeks left in which to lose it....

Oh, she'll lose it. JM is very "tactful" in his descriptions of her: he compliments the obvious intelligence that allows her to quickly think on her feet when she's caught in a lie, but then immediately qualifies that compliment by noting her obvious arrogance when she assumes that the new replacement lie will work. In other words, he presents her as a nimble liar but a stupid one.

[/B]

Oh, she'll lose it. JM is very "tactful" in his descriptions of her: he compliments the obvious intelligence that allows her to quickly think on her feet when she's caught in a lie, but then immediately qualifies that compliment by noting her obvious arrogance when she assumes that the new replacement lie will work. In other words, he presents her as a nimble liar but a stupid one.

He also called her "not just a liar, but a florid liar". This was a slam of colossal dimensions. Most people know that everyone lies to some extent, including themselves. And society is somewhat indulgent about this. JM wasn't able to convey (except by their sheer quantity) that JA's lies were maleficent: that requires a complicated judgment. A juror might easily have gone along with ALV's BS, and concluded that Jodi's were defensive lies thinking they'd have done the same thing in that situation. But "florid"? Who acknowledges that in themselves? And that was an easy point for a juror to go along with in a flash. And with no doubt whatever: JA is factually a florid liar.

Sunlight through the bathroom window.

Weird, that different sites give different times for sunset in Mesa on June 4, 2008.

Time and date.com 's version seems most complete and says:

Sunrise 5:18am.
Sunset 7:34pm.
"Civil twilight" 8:03pm.

If that's accurate I have a really difficult time believing the pic was taken at 5:30pm, regardless which way the window was facing, especially since no possibility seems to suggest the window faced west.

Abe's a sharp guy, I gotta say, and savvy about the world and people. Too bad he and Travis weren't better friends, he may have actually been able to help Travis see who Jodi really was. Maybe that's why she wanted Travis to hate Abe so much. She could have chosen a myriad of men to make Travis jealous. She's much more devious and slick then I ever gave her credit in the beginning.

Yes Frigga, Abe was sharp and I believe CMJA knew it and realized she couldn't fool him the way she did Travis. Travis was too naïve and unsophisticated for her. An easy target.

[/B]

I love that quote Becky "a nimble liar but a stupid one". :happydance:

Yep. That's the one. She came across as goofy and may well have "issues," but what she related about the killer's feelings towards JM still seem credible to me.

It helps to know she was genuinely very much afraid of the killer and wanted OUT of their shared cell.

Agreed, all these prisoners minds are going to be wonky, especially right out of prison I'd imagine. If we knew what she was like before JA showed up, then I'd say I get to 'judge' her.. other than that, that's what Jodi Arias counts on - picking flawed characters to either ally herself with or destroy.

Someone like Collins is probably a more accurate source of info (she sounded 'about' right to me, especially the "Why doesn't Juan Martinez love me" comment; and given Collins own retort right back, which figures she didn't say aloud to Arias - He's prosecuting you, why would he love you?? - you crazy nuthouse). Arias riles up her 'weaker' targets. Someone with a mental disorder, personality fragilties, etc, that IS the type of person I imagine she'd cause the most psychological discomfort.

I don't think it's fair to say everyone who seems "weird" or "strange" for example, or perhaps has slight neurological issues or disorders, is necessarily lying. Unless the former prisoner embellishes as often as pathological liars do, are attempting to evade some minor crime (perhaps), or were intoxicated on some substance... I felt there was no reason to doubt her, she didn't even strike me as a narcissist. She was weak, chatty* yes, nervous, yes, imbalanced (we don't know her, even then, nerves can worsen under stress)? Well, I mean she just spent all that time cooped up with Jodi freaking Arias...! :hills:

FYI, I just had to post a general reaction to imagining what it would be like locked up with Arias... I think I'd have lost my marbles...

Best offbeat tweet of the day, about killer's fan club.

Latest bombshell: the killer was ordered to do headstands as part of a torture campaign to force her into a false confession.

OK then.

Best offbeat tweet of the day, about killer's fan club.

Latest bombshell: the killer was ordered to do headstands as part of a torture campaign to force her into a false confession.

OK then.

Yes, it just has to be true since haven't we heard of these fruit loopie tactics before?:laughing:

Sunlight through the bathroom window.

Weird, that different sites give different times for sunset in Mesa on June 4, 2008.

Time and date.com 's version seems most complete and says:

Sunrise 5:18am.
Sunset 7:34pm.
"Civil twilight" 8:03pm.

If that's accurate I have a really difficult time believing the pic was taken at 5:30pm, regardless which way the window was facing, especially since no possibility seems to suggest the window faced west.

And the light was cast on the floor, not the back wall or the ceiling, so the light had to be highish in the sky, but not so high the window would have been in the shadow of the eave (what I was calling the soffit before). There's no way that photo was taken at 5:30-ish pm on June 4. Not only is the angle wrong, but the color of the light is wrong, and in the new photo the colors in the rest of the image seem true.

If, Hope4More, you are correct in surmising that a west orientation for the window has been ruled out, this lightmight have to be in the morning? At 9-10 am-ish?

Another thought: we know what direction the sun was in with respect to the window. This should tell us whether we have a morning or afternoon? We can tell by the slight angle of the light shaft?

I have confidence that between us we can come up with the time of the murder.....

And the light was cast on the floor, not the back wall or the ceiling, so the light had to be highish in the sky, but not so high the window would have been in the shadow of the eave (what I was calling the soffit before). There's no way that photo was taken at 5:30-ish pm on June 4. Not only is the angle wrong, but the color of the light is wrong, and in the new photo the colors in the rest of the image seem true.

If, Hope4More, you are correct in surmising that a west orientation for the window has been ruled out, this lightmight have to be in the morning? At 9-10 am-ish?

Another thought: we know what direction the sun was in with respect to the window. This should tell us whether we have a morning or afternoon? We can tell by the slight angle of the light shaft?

I have confidence that between us we can come up with the time of the murder.....
Are there any street-lights or ambient lighting (flood lighting from TA or a neighbors home) that could also account for the light casting?

Also keeping in mind that the lightening of the photograph could make any ambient lighting appear much brighter in the enhanced photographs. It almost seems to be one of those glass-block windows (obscures clear sight) which doesn't open, to me. JMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

okay - I'm over here going :scared:
As I am reading repeated posts that were on page 1 - :pcguru:
this thread is screwy....

:(

I've seen lots of posts, testimony, texts, etc about the switching of cars between Killer and Travis. We know her car was in repo. We know she lies. I wonder if she switched cars with him to avoid repossession. Like, hid it in his garage or even had him drive it so repo people wouldn't come to her looking for it. It's clear as day how manipulative she is. Who knows was tale she spun to get him to agree?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Are there any street-lights or ambient lighting (flood lighting from TA or a neighbors home) that could also account for the light casting?

Also keeping in mind that the lightening of the photograph could make any ambient lighting appear much brighter in the enhanced photographs. It almost seems to be one of those glass-block windows (obscures clear sight) which doesn't open, to me. JMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I responded to this but have no idea where my post went.

Clancey Talbott said CMJA ex cell mate contacted her and said CMJA was ordering a hit from jail on TA sibling, JM, both Hughes and Clancey. Dr. Phil asked Clancey if she had reported that to the police and she said NO.

WHAT????

Hi ya Zuri.

I know this response is really late but FFS that is a menace of monumental proportions and should be put down like a vicious, rabid animal :curses: .
And WTH is wrong with Clancy--why in the world would she NOT report this info to law enforcement. :slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove