Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Rude. I remember there was a text from TA to JA telling her what she posted on DJ's Facebook made her look like a "pure *advertiser censored*". Is the "man *advertiser censored*" post what TA was reacting to? Makes much more sense now. I had always incorrectly assumed JA said something flirtatious to DJ and TA seemed to be acting jealous. In reality she was being a pure b*tch, not a *advertiser censored*.

She was and is both.

Yes, that's the comment TA refers to twice on May 25/26.

She replied- only you would say that (that her comment made her look like a *advertiser censored*), that it was a joke.

What's interesting is that she adds- we talked before about DJ and leaving comments. Right. On the May 10 tape. Very unsubtle, because IMO she is flat out toying with him about the tape.

She brings up Danny Jones' FB page on May 10, telling TA- have you seen that pic he posted, and encouraging TA to leave a public comment for DJ about the pic. TA tells her he doesn't like to humiliate folks in public, that he'd send a PM if at all.

The says DJ's pic is an embarrassment to the church, that it's great for Mormons to have a "wild" side, but not to advertise it like DJ's pic does.

She went on and on about DJ and his FB...kinda strange in a phone sex conversation, and even more odd that at some point afterwards she left the comment she did.

Two thoughts about the tires. She wouldn't put tires on the Infiniti because it was about to be repossessed. We know TA had two new tires (after slashing). Maybe the other two tires needed replacing. But no way JA had the funds for that. The texts about being at the tire store sound like she's hinting... for TA to take care of the cost of two new tires.

So she said about the imminent repo of the Infiniti. In fact it wasn't repossessed until June or July.

Call me cynical, but why is it I can easily imagine she used that pity-ploy to try to get Travis to give her the BMW? Even taking it over to TA's the same day her mother arrived, just so she could clean it?

As if she couldn't have cleaned it in front of her own rented room house, and BTW, do you really think that would clean out a car that was about to be repossessed? She only cleaned her own body every 3 or 4 days...

Nope, I think she took it over to TA's for one last pity-me , give me the BMW attempt, especiallyhim since right afterwards , what a coincidence, her mom bought a plane ticket back home (having bought a one-way ticket to AZ).

As for TA's tires. All 4 were slashed. Twice. He had new tires. Bet her Infiniti didn't; she didn't bother to even put oil in it.

ETA. Sometime in the first week of March (Prius bought March 6) the wrote in her journal about how happy and excited she was that TA had asked her to come with him to buy the Prius. That she hadn't known how to ask him/tell him that she wanted to go, so yay!! he'd asked her.

(Does that sound like he had the slightest bit of intention of selling her the BMW?)

But the entry doesn't stop there. She goes on to say she told TA that being invited to go car buying with him was sooooo exciting it almost felt as good as if he'd asked her to go to the executive director banquet with him at the upcoming PPL conference in OKC...

(Somehow I imagine TA regretting, on the spot, offering to take that with him to either OKC or the car dealership).

Passive aggressive attacks on him about not being invited to the ball, and nary a mention about him selling her the BMW or anything at all about his car, even when writing about the topic.

The BWI: from Part 2 0f 5 transcripts, LE phone interviews, within weeks of killing TA)

24:16
DF: What’s the situation with the car that was, somebody mentioned a BMW
JA: Yeah. I’m buying his BMW.

DF: Okay because we found a check, it was written by you to him, I think it was last month.

JA: Mmm hmm.. Yeah. Yeah, I recently just mailed him a check. Um…he…I know as a matter of a few other things. He um…I’m making payments to him.

24:40
DF: Okay. Hang on. You still have that car right now?

JA: No. It’s actually not in my possession. I did the dumbest thing. Um…I went and hooked it up to the U-Haul. Everything was cool and set to go.

I got the dolly (?) that where the back wheels are on the ground because it was cheaper, and the U-Haul guy said, “Okay, drive it up here. Okay, Stop, Brake,” and everything was cool, and I stopped the car and turned it off.

Got out of the car with the door open so they could look at everything and they shut the door and said, “You’re good to go,” and I took off, and this is going to sound really dumb, and I realize now this is not how you tow a car, but I left it in first gear.

25:12
DF: Yeah.

JA: and I started heading down the highway and I blew the engine to smithereens. Um…It looked like it gave birth all over the highway. There was just black oil everywhere and um…So it’s sitting at Wes’ Auto something last time I checked um…16th and Mesa, and uh…they’ve been acting really nice about keeping it until Travis figures out what he can do.

We called lawyers about it, and my lawyer said um…you know, have your insurance fix it, and his lawyer said your insurance might not fix it because it might be considered mechanical so that’s the last we talked about it. We’ve been um… He’s been real busy and hasn’t had a lot of time to attend to it, and I have a vehicle right now but not for much longer because I have to give it back to the bank, and so…um…you know.

25:56
DF: When did you mail that payment, the end of May?

JA: Uh…it was a few weeks ago. Yeah. It must have been.

DF: Okay. So you’re still making payments for that?

JA: Oh, yeah. In fact, that’s my first payment because I just…We just did this car deal like right before I moved, and we’ve been…Oh!

We have a buyer’s agreement, too, I think, that I checked out and emailed to him um…but uh…We have … like he said just get on your feet, you know, and then start making payments, and the agreement was x amount per month whenever I get paid, so…I finally got a job and …

26:35
DF: What…was $200 the amount?

JA: Yeah. It was $100 a month from then on, and if I could pay more, pay more please, you know.

The BMW--- from May 22 journal entry, written after her LE phone interviews, and, maybe after TA's executor told her to scram?

..."we still have his car to take care of, but he'll keep me posted on any new developments. He said if all else fails then we'll just scrap it, but I would never do him wrong. "

PS. I'm giving up any more BMW talk for Lent..or because it's Monday...or just because... ;)

I've just gone back and read the BMW posts. They covered my questions. I won't run the topic to the ground as well! Thanks for the great discussion. Looking forward to our next sleuthing!

I've just gone back and read the BMW posts. They covered my questions. I won't run the topic to the ground as well! Thanks for the great discussion. Looking forward to our next sleuthing!

Speaking of sleuthing....any volunteers to try to help put lines of the May 26 chat in correct order? They are definitely out of sequence.... :)

I meant he already considered it her car before it was ruined on the UHaul. That in his mind they had an agreement and it was her car. But he naturally felt bad for her and attempted to help out by contacting a lawyer for advice on if UHaul was responsible and insurance could fix it for her.

I agree that Travis did consider it her car - with payments to be made until the debt fully repayed. Petulant Arias resented Travis as he palmed the car off on her according to court testimony. As is typical, she praised Travis at the time but felt she was being cheated in price. Rather than tell him that, she agreed to pay $6000 although $4500 was all he was offered elsewhere. The psychopath was content to pay a premium of $1500 dollars to keep any chain of communication open? Who does that? :) It also gave her a car which she needed - on credit terms she needed.

The section on the car is short but covered here:

[video=youtube;3uZTXKLqoXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZTXKLqoXE[/video]

Minutes in - start from 2.39.00

What is hilarious is that she trashes the car but in court focuses on the tragedy of her houseplants wilting and dying. Seems she cared much more about them than Travis.

The fact that Travis spoke to Chris about Auto Trader puts a different spin on this as well.
But our discussion here does make me rethink my original theory of whether or not she intentionally wrecked it, as that wouldn't be to her advantage.

The Autotrader part caught my attention too. If you watch the video link above, I think it makes sense that he sold her the car. Travis may have calculated that selling it to her would secure a better price than he could get on Autotrader. She bristles when she reveals this - resenting that she got a bad deal. She was prepared to pay him 25% more. Maybe he thought they could both benefit?

I don't think Travis ever had any intention to sell the BMW to her before March 29.
That is why she blew it up. That car was never going to be hers.

BTW, JA never mentions the BMW as 'my car' ever. She always calls it 'his car'. In the journal, texts, testimony, interviews......

ETA,
oops, she does call it her car on April 22. 'I love my car!!!!!'

Don't forget alot of her journals and content were most likely backdated/rewritten to suit her needs, just like Casey Anthony, so don't trust dates...

To me it's exactly the pattern of the relationship. She is obsessive and drives him crazy. He gets so frustrated with her antics he finally explodes. There is a cooling off period. Finally she starts up again...texts, calls..and before you know it they're on the phone for an hour. She seizes the opening, but his time instead of some new scheme to try and get attention from him she murders him. That was the only difference in this cycle and the many other times he'd told her to never call him again. Classic borderline behavior

She couldn't hold a weapon on him bent over on his bed. The sex was her final insult to him. Laughing at him while knowing she had a knife to use on him later. The only appeasement by him IMO was when he agreed to the shower pics.

(I'm a guy, not a gal btw!) :groucho:

See I don't think he agreed to the shower pix. The terrified, angry look on his face tells me she ambushed him.

See I don't think he agreed to the shower pix. The terrified, angry look on his face tells me she ambushed him.

Whatever happened in the lead up to those pics is difficult to ascertain. Did she persuade Travis into the shower or force him to pose using a gun? Given her testimony emphasis on people freezing when having a gun pointed at them, this seems plausible. I don't think she surprised him. It seems more likely to me that the shower pics were taken after Travis had shaved then he was lured or forced in. It's possible that she snuck back after he thought she had gone but I'm not convinced.

That last pic - I agree that he was fearful, shocked - terrified. It seems likely to me that she pulled a gun on him by that stage at the latest but the eye reflection pic agreement in court stated she did not appear to be holding any weapons, didn't it? Perhaps that was strategy as Juan did not want speculation around those pics? Did she suddenly say something to provoke that look? Or was there a gun within reach that he knew of?

His eyes say it all. Haunting.

Whatever happened in the lead up to those pics is difficult to ascertain. Did she persuade Travis into the shower or force him to pose using a gun? Given her testimony emphasis on people freezing when having a gun pointed at them, this seems plausible. I don't think she surprised him. It seems more likely to me that the shower pics were taken after Travis had shaved then he was lured or forced in. It's possible that she snuck back after he thought she had gone but I'm not convinced.

That last pic - I agree that he was fearful, shocked - terrified. It seems likely to me that she pulled a gun on him by that stage at the latest but the eye reflection pic agreement in court stated she did not appear to be holding any weapons, didn't it? Perhaps that was strategy as Juan did not want speculation around those pics? Did she suddenly say something to provoke that look? Or was there a gun within reach that he knew of?

I think she snuck up and surprised him, then stun gunned him. (She told him she had one when his tires were slashed). I've seen white jaggy arcs in 3 of the photos across his shoulders. I think that's how she got him seated. That's when you see the look on his face.

The Autotrader part caught my attention too. If you watch the video link above, I think it makes sense that he sold her the car. Travis may have calculated that selling it to her would secure a better price than he could get on Autotrader. She bristles when she reveals this - resenting that she got a bad deal. She was prepared to pay him 25% more. Maybe he thought they could both benefit?

Well of course in retrospect she's going to feel like she got the shaft, but with her Inifinity going back to the bank and with no money to buy anything Goddess-worthy for herself in AutoTrader, what other options did she have to essentially get something for nothing (assuming her payments to Travis would be very little and very infrequent) and still remain connected to Travis? Once again, she made the worst out of an opportunity presented to her.

If she had buyer's remorse, maybe she DID intentionally ruin the car -- thinking that if there was no bill of sale or transfer or ownership she'd be off the hook. Sorry, Charlie!

sorry-charlie_180x.jpg

Using a stun gun is an interesting theory. The shower pics before the full face picture were taken with the shower door open, so he had to know she was there. Juan said this too in one of his interviews. For approximately 8 minutes or so she was taking pics of him with a shadowy background and then, wham, the full face scared Travis face was, IMO, taken with a flash to blind him and then the attack began. Wouldn't he have been electrocuted if a stun gun (electricity) was used with water? I think that would have been too risky for her. I think he posed for the pics, he wanted her to stop as he had a conference call, he was getting anxious and the last face picture was taken. Travis looks so surprised in that pic it breaks my heart.

Yep. Plus the knife wounds came first per ME. Travis would have been rapidly incapacitated by a shot to the head and could not have sustained the defensive wounds to his hands nor stood bleeding at the sink

I think she snuck up and surprised him, then stun gunned him. (She told him she had one when his tires were slashed). I've seen white jaggy arcs in 3 of the photos across his shoulders. I think that's how she got him seated. That's when you see the look on his face.

The white arcs were on some pics displayed in court and were from the overhead lights. Must have forgotten to put that shade thing on top that time.
The timeline doesn't allow for Travis to have been "stunned", his muscles contracted and not useable for 3-4 minutes. He was dead within 2 minutes of the attack.

The white arcs were on some pics displayed in court and were from the overhead lights. Must have forgotten to put that shade thing on top that time.
The timeline doesn't allow for Travis to have been "stunned", his muscles contracted and not useable for 3-4 minutes. He was dead within 2 minutes of the attack.
No, I've seen the whole sequence, this was not from overhead lights. These are long, sharp, jaggy streaks that only appear in 3 photos across his shoulders. If someone reposts the sequence I'll point them out again. I've posted this before.

<snip for space>
My theory is that it goes against her self interest to intentionally ruin it

It was against her self-interest to kill him and waste the rest of her miserable life in jail too. Didn't stop her there either.
[emoji57]

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yes, I noted she had a stun gun too. Or claimed to have one. Given the time sequence, that theory doesn't work for me. Interesting though.

No, I've seen the whole sequence, this was not from overhead lights. These are long, sharp, jaggy streaks that only appear in 3 photos across his shoulders. If someone reposts the sequence I'll point them out again. I've posted this before.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member