Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit that I've given up on trying to figure out what happened on June 4. There is just no way of knowing, IMO, unless and until we have access to more information--probably years and years from now, after her appeals are exhausted.

All I feel I "know" is that Travis wasn't expecting her, that she didn't sneak into his house until after he had gone to sleep, and that there is no way she slept in his bed that night, so even if they did have sex, if the timestamps are correct (and I don't think they are), all the hours before 1:00-1:30ish PM are unaccounted for, same thing for between 1:47 and 5:20.

I don't believe he knew she was ( still ) in the house when he took a shower, I think she ambushed him there (the second time that day), and I think he turned towards her in the shower because she had pulled a gun on him. I think she used the gun as a prop to recreate (mock him) with his almost -died fear story, and that she likely threw the gun on the ground knowing he'd lunge for it, and she pulled out the knife as he did so.

I think she took a great deal of time cleaning up and staging the scene, and that she couldn't resist (beforehand or afterwards) going through all his texts (deleting many), searching through his papers and journals, and rifling through his wallet, helping herself to his cash.

I think she was still there when Zach returned at 3, was caught off guard, retreated to TA's office, closed the door, and that's it's likely she was responsible for the afternoon's computer activity, whenever and whatever it was.

Obviously JMO, but until and unless proven otherwise, I'm convinced Travis was courageous enough to insist upon truth, and that at a very steep personal cost (not referring to his murder), he did see her for who she was on May 26th, and that he was done with her.

Because I am so sure for myself that is so, I find it painful to keep trying to imagine what happened that day, because what I keep returning to is a haunting realization of how terrified he must have been when he first saw her, and how afraid throughout. Because of that feeling, I hope in one way he never saw her until she surprised him in the shower, because at least then he would have been spared hours of psychological torment.

Did they have sex that day? Dunno, and frankly, for me it isn't a decisive question. If they did, IMO it was coerced in the sense he was acting on survival instincts, doing whatever he had to do to appease her in order to stay alive. Travis of all people knew what her response was to even perceived slights, much less flat out rejection- he wouldn't have chanced it in that situation. He was a survivor of severe child abuse, and he was a DV victim.

He wanted to live.
I'm .........back!! I quit the 12 step program, well really,I failed to get past the first step. Great post! Hat's off to u and Caylee Advocate. Admiral! U girls goooooo....................... Very touching!

This is too funny!!!!

[video=youtube;AQ4SFBYfzkY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ4SFBYfzkY[/video]

I'm .........back!! I quit the 12 step program, well really,I failed to get past the first step. Great post! Hat's off to u and Caylee Advocate. Admiral! U girls goooooo....................... Very touching!

Dropout eh? Glad to have you back, and tell the wifey we will be gentle with you, LOL. I would love to stay and play, but I have to be 70 miles away from where I am now at 0700, so gotta' call it an early night. I should have just left tonight and gotten a room, but I hate being alone in a motel.. Erin Andrews syndrome maybe?? Nytol (nite all)

Heh. Didn't even make it past step one, eh? I feel your pain. Did your wife break free at least? ;)

BK has an interview transcript of Nurmi questioning Flores on 5/9/2011

My replies are wonky! I logged out and then back in. I hope they are fixed🐇

I have to admit that I've given up on trying to figure out what happened on June 4. There is just no way of knowing, IMO, unless and until we have access to more information--probably years and years from now, after her appeals are exhausted.

All I feel I "know" is that Travis wasn't expecting her, that she didn't sneak into his house until after he had gone to sleep, and that there is no way she slept in his bed that night, so even if they did have sex, if the timestamps are correct (and I don't think they are), all the hours before 1:00-1:30ish PM are unaccounted for, same thing for between 1:47 and 5:20.

I don't believe he knew she was ( still ) in the house when he took a shower, I think she ambushed him there (the second time that day), and I think he turned towards her in the shower because she had pulled a gun on him. I think she used the gun as a prop to recreate (mock him) with his almost -died fear story, and that she likely threw the gun on the ground knowing he'd lunge for it, and she pulled out the knife as he did so.

I think she took a great deal of time cleaning up and staging the scene, and that she couldn't resist (beforehand or afterwards) going through all his texts (deleting many), searching through his papers and journals, and rifling through his wallet, helping herself to his cash.

I think she was still there when Zach returned at 3, was caught off guard, retreated to TA's office, closed the door, and that's it's likely she was responsible for the afternoon's computer activity, whenever and whatever it was.

Obviously JMO, but until and unless proven otherwise, I'm convinced Travis was courageous enough to insist upon truth, and that at a very steep personal cost (not referring to his murder), he did see her for who she was on May 26th, and that he was done with her.

Because I am so sure for myself that is so, I find it painful to keep trying to imagine what happened that day, because what I keep returning to is a haunting realization of how terrified he must have been when he first saw her, and how afraid throughout. Because of that feeling, I hope in one way he never saw her until she surprised him in the shower, because at least then he would have been spared hours of psychological torment.

Did they have sex that day? Dunno, and frankly, for me it isn't a decisive question. If they did, IMO it was coerced in the sense he was acting on survival instincts, doing whatever he had to do to appease her in order to stay alive. Travis of all people knew what her response was to even perceived slights, much less flat out rejection- he wouldn't have chanced it in that situation. He was a survivor of severe child abuse, and he was a DV victim.

He wanted to live.

Aside from the survivor mechanisms in regards to sex as a topic any further. Totally agree she knew he was attempting to create 'backup evidence,' and that the language he used for that particular fight was largely due in an effort to coax her into admitting whatever it was he needed her to - for whatever purpose down the road.

As to survivor instincts, outside parameters of what did happen, my guess is that he realized May 26th didn't lead to her backing off him. He most likely went "Oh Sh**, can guess what you're here for." He called her so many (accurate) things, think he knew she wasn't simply there for a wild time. Excuse me, but if you told me that I have a "*advertiser censored*'s job" and called me a *advertiser censored* not once, yet several times, I f'*** think we're going to have issues thereafter, certainly sex being a tool is not beyond her, she wasn't enjoying it either.

Regardless, he'd have to otherwise try and kill her first. He could attempt to evade her, or use force, but I think he'd know he's going to have 'wrestle her' with some excessive force or somehow lock her in a closet. He's not going to knock her out unconscious, wrong persona for that. And who's to say he's not concerned he knocks her out, the police arrive, and she's concocted some story about how he did this or that to her? "Oh, he invited me over, then he started punching me." How is *that* going to go down..? He'd have to try and make it outside. That's if he hasn't worked out that she's armed and going to fire anyway. Bitter 'lovers' kill people in broad daylight all the time when they don't get what they want.

Calling the police doesn't guarantee she won't lose it and kill him anyway as soon as she hears or sees the sirens. Not to mention I doubt she'd let him out of her sight long enough to be able to use his phone, perhaps even setting it aside from reach for all we know. "We're going to sex, let me just put that elsewhere for you."

BBM: And, I'd bet you are a non-violent person. I feel comfortable saying that because even the most gentle soul can be angered by this Killer's particular brand of ugliness...her twisted accusations, lies, assertions, it's all crazy making sometimes. Just the sound of her voice as she testilied grated on my nerves and all too often I fantasized of Juan taking long strides toward Killer as she sat in the witness chair spewing hatred and accusations for days on end, blaming Travis for forcing her to slice him up several dozen ways and then having the audacity to push her further where she had to fire a bullet into his head. More than once I wanted Juan to just haul off and slap some sense into that evil head of hers. I wanted it so much that a few times I actually shouted out loud for it to happen. And that surprised me because I am a non-violent person. Yet, even with trial long over and her voice silenced at least for now, I would not shed a tear if someone were to slap the carp out of the Killer.

I was personally sure Tanisha wanted to exact some serious justice on Garbage's face/body...

Don't blame you, girl.. sheesh!

Yet, even with trial long over and her voice silenced at least for now, I would not shed a tear if someone were to slap the carp out of the Killer.

Dang, you have enviable restraint. I was thinking more :happydance:

FUNNY. (spoof)

https://youtu.be/Hz8YR22DduI

NOT FUNNY.

The laughing about JM’s description of her lurking at TA’s office door on June 4th.

[video=youtube;TDYzlOPmDN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDYzlOPmDN0[/video]

One of the 's most fanatic fans calls in to a radio station to challenge Nurmi, who is being interviewed about his book.

"Why did you go to visit her and give her your new business card and sit there while she cried for 45 minutes?" (Nurmi--say what? You're conflating two different visits. Which he has to repeat multiple times, likely in part because she has no idea what "conflate" means).

"Why did you read every letter of hers that was sent to Estrella?" (Nurmi: I didn't). "You didn't? Then why did you write that in your book? (Nurmi: I didn't).

Fan: "(well, you say that) stubborn things are hard facts...uh..things are stubborn...uh...stubborn things...uh.." (giggles). (Nurmi--after short snort--facts are stubborn things).

Hey Caylee Advocate!

Caylee Advocate said:
Hi Niner,

There is already a thread for the questions, and Tricia is working on getting Juan to grace our presence. We have all been waiting with "baited" breath for a response. Just thought I'd let you know. There are some good questions too.

Oh I didn't know! Thanks for the link! Maybe Tricia will send me an update on her progress... :waiting: for a response.

Is anyone else having trouble loading this thread? 16 pages for me - does anyone mind if I ask for a new thread?

:seeya:

Hey Caylee Advocate!

Oh I didn't know! Thanks for the link! Maybe Tricia will send me an update on her progress... :waiting: for a response.

Is anyone else having trouble loading this thread? 16 pages for me - does anyone mind if I ask for a new thread?

:seeya:

YES!!! to new thread... :)

Yipee! Tricia to interview JM tomorrow!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will so be there. Hope everyone here will be too. :)

Yipee! Tricia to interview JM tomorrow!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

This is great news! I would have thought there would be a notice at the top of the page, but since I'm not seeing anything, can someone let me know what time on the East? TIA

This is great news! I would have thought there would be a notice at the top of the page, but since I'm not seeing anything, can someone let me know what time on the East? TIA

It's on the top now, Gigi! :happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members