Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love reading ya'alls stories even though I have no clue who some of the players are that you discuss. :facepalm: Regardless, I guess google and Y/T can be my BF. :guitar:

Hey, whippersnapper sis of the quartet TeX will soon adopt. Actually quintet, because sister GiGi is joining the adoption -for-crayfish parade.

To keep my OT in one post:

Sister GiGi, the journal entry thing was just me being stupid-silly. I stopped by and saw no new posts but over 15 "guests" on the thread, so posted silly-stupid entry as a way to say..we're here having these lovely OT conversations because there isn't anything new at the moment, but check back because one way or the another we'll likely be here.

Sorry for the silly-stupid-silly. Lots of politicking going on , and far less sleep- 5 1/2 hours over the past 3 nights.

Sister Whippersnapper probay can pull that off, but Sister Senile needs more snooze time . :)

Just read on twitter that the 's Grandma is not doing well, and isn't expected to make it through the week. She looks quite frail in the pic posted of her. My prayers for her.

Just checked Twitter for the grandmother news and saw a new tweet announcing that the will be voting in this election. Vicariously. :hilarious:

Still the same . I imagine that after her appeals are denied she'll be tweeting that she's won her appeal. Vicariously.

But ya never know. The appeal should be interesting to read. I think this is another lull in the action before the drama comes back to life (perhaps to a lesser extent). Sooo, let's see what happens?

There's KN's next volume....

Just read on twitter that the 's Grandma is not doing well, and isn't expected to make it through the week. She looks quite frail in the pic posted of her. My prayers for her.

Will she be allowed to go to the funeral?

Just answered my own question. She can only get compassionate leave in the state of Arizona, and she would have to pay all the guards' expenses, including hourly wage, mileage, etc. She would need at least 2 guards, I believe. Jodi would never cough up her precious commissary money to visit a family member's death bed, methinks.

https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/guidebook_2013_inter.pdf

This may not still be valid: https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/1000/1005.pdf

No max or close custody inmates. No intermingling with anyone except dead/dying person. Caged vehicle. Occasional restroom stops, but only at law enforcement locations. Inmate never allowed to be out of sight: this means committee bathroom visits, I would guess. Orange suit. Strip searches before and after. Costs have to be paid by inmate's family (fat chance for JA). Otherwise, inmate account.

Finished Juan's book last week. Honestly I expected better from him. The last few chapters felt absolutely rushed, and ultimately he left out so many things I thought he'd write about. The book started out promising (or maybe I had high hopes) then seemed a bit robotic. I did not expect to be underwhelmed by his book, but I truly was.

Finished Juan's book last week. Honestly I expected better from him. The last few chapters felt absolutely rushed, and ultimately he left out so many things I thought he'd write about. The book started out promising (or maybe I had high hopes) then seemed a bit robotic. I did not expect to be underwhelmed by his book, but I truly was.

I think he was exceedingly careful not to include anything that could give her any new grounds for appeal.

I've wondered why he barely touched upon PP2 in his book and hasn't commented or been asked about it during his many interviews. Thinking it's possible another reason for some omissions might relate to that top secret AG nvestigation underway.

Will she be allowed to go to the funeral?

Just answered my own question. She can only get compassionate leave in the state of Arizona, and she would have to pay all the guards' expenses, including hourly wage, mileage, etc. She would need at least 2 guards, I believe. Jodi would never cough up her precious commissary money to visit a family member's death bed, methinks.

https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/guidebook_2013_inter.pdf

This may not still be valid: https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/1000/1005.pdf

No max or close custody inmates. No intermingling with anyone except dead/dying person. Caged vehicle. Occasional restroom stops, but only at law enforcement locations. Inmate never allowed to be out of sight: this means committee bathroom visits, I would guess. Orange suit. Strip searches before and after. Costs have to be paid by inmate's family (fat chance for JA). Otherwise, inmate account.

Nah.

(then up pops your new info...;) )

I think he was exceedingly careful not to include anything that could give her any new grounds for appeal.

I've wondered why he barely touched upon PP2 in his book and hasn't commented or been asked about it during his many interviews. Thinking it's possible another reason for some omissions might relate to that top secret AG nvestigation underway.

Perhaps, although the things he didn't include that he could have (and that I think I and others wanted) were things like how he felt at certain points, his relationship with Flores (not just as LE and prosecutor, but as 2 people who became friends and how this case transformed them). He didn't touch upon his relationships with anyone (forget JA). None of those things would be appeal issues, but there was a human element missing in this book that I kept wanting. He never really addressed the obvious disdain he and the defense team shared, the circus-like atmosphere in which he found himself and how he coped. In the end the book just felt heavily edited and clinical, for lack of a better word.

Investigation of what exactly?

Hey, whippersnapper sis of the quartet TeX will soon adopt. Actually quintet, because sister GiGi is joining the adoption -for-crayfish parade.

To keep my OT in one post:

Sister GiGi, the journal entry thing was just me being stupid-silly. I stopped by and saw no new posts but over 15 "guests" on the thread, so posted silly-stupid entry as a way to say..we're here having these lovely OT conversations because there isn't anything new at the moment, but check back because one way or the another we'll likely be here.

Sorry for the silly-stupid-silly. Lots of politicking going on , and far less sleep- 5 1/2 hours over the past 3 nights.

Sister Whippersnapper probay can pull that off, but Sister Senile needs more snooze time . :)

So you are not only a super sleuther, you're also super silly. I think that's a great combination!

I hope you get some well-deserved sleep...:)

Perhaps, although the things he didn't include that he could have (and that I think I and others wanted) were things like how he felt at certain points, his relationship with Flores (not just as LE and prosecutor, but as 2 people who became friends and how this case transformed them). He didn't touch upon his relationships with anyone (forget JA). None of those things would be appeal issues, but there was a human element missing in this book that I kept wanting. He never really addressed the obvious disdain he and the defense team shared, the circus-like atmosphere in which he found himself and how he coped. In the end the book just felt heavily edited and clinical, for lack of a better word.

I liked the book but can accept that it might not be appreciated by everyone. Martinez is not a whiner and not a complainer and I think he is above mudslinging, so his book might not have been as exciting as some anticipated it would be.

I remember all the hype about the movie, "Gone Girl" and I had high expectations. Then I saw it and...bleh.

There is just no way to please everyone.

I think it was because he was unable to write about anything that is still under seal..

Was hoping he'd put something out after they unsealed everything... Either way, he seems fairly private, and unbiased towards the most provocative details on JA - concentrating on the most case-breaking pieces of data and sticking to that personal armory.

Unfortunately for some of us :websleuther: , we have unturned practically every stone. The True Crime interview - wasn't there some interesting guesswork as to what was on those receipts? JM laughed it off as he'd never have put that much critical effort into them, think he had enough to deal with as it was, seeing as how she left half of her body's DNA at the scene and everyone in AZ could testify as to how much of a freak she really was...

Granted her trial took forever to get scheduled because of the 'Defense's' tactics, but JM seems good as long as he context in hand - motive, physical evidence, zero alibi, strong witnesses to defendant's deviance, expert witnesses for anything the jury may help in understanding... I don't think he has our sleuthing mentality, he'll only speculate so far as to put forward a (granted, spectacular) case.

Nurmi's book was more salicious... He gave away more tidbits about her personality than I think I figured he would... never purchased his book, only came across all his quotes from either here or Twitter. It was insane.. but at the same time, I am glad I didn't have to hurl my dinner right out... he commiserates endlessly with himself.

Oy, oops, I had the same notion... eyes were upon him. I wish they weren't, because it's silly/spiteful..

That's the thing though, they claimed he was striving for fame... I think he is as careful as possible because while he is receptive to praise, he doesn't want to encourage any personal questions... everybody always says he's a private person, he says that too.... ;)

I liked the book but can accept that it might not be appreciated by everyone. Martinez is not a whiner and not a complainer and I think he is above mudslinging, so his book might not have been as exciting as some anticipated it would be.

I remember all the hype about the movie, "Gone Girl" and I had high expectations. Then I saw it and...bleh.

There is just no way to please everyone.

I thought the same! -bout the movie.. lol Except I knew it was gonna be 'meh.' Fine, it was movie night, and I had to pick something...

I agree that Nurmi's book was more salacious as far as personality details but he had far more one on one time with the killer. Juan's book was more factually presented- no speculation at all. If I learned anything it was how many rights a defendant has that almost supercedes the rights of the victim. I learned that evidence that could possibly be damaging is omitted from trial because it is deemed "too prejudicial" against the defendent. I also think the defense did a terrible job in slandering the victim, I don't care what the circumstances were. The DT knew their client was guilty and to save her life they chose slime highway. I would have liked Juan to elaborate on the DT strategy in his book but he did not. I will bet he has a lot to say about that, but as that isn't his style he said nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren