Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Travis took that pic but am just trying to understand why a few think she took that God awful picture herself. I don't see how she could do it or why she would want to humilate herself in that way. Someone on this thread posted she concluded JA took those pics of Travis on the bed with KY and took that pic of herself on a timer. I am curious to know how the poster came to that conclusion as maybe I am missing something. I can see Travis' knee in the pic.
I agree that it's gross. Jodi obviously doesn't think so and wants to flaunt her body. I think that is something she would do to shame him, make other people believe there was something there wasn't. Just like the phone sex tape.

Possible sure, I just don't think it's likely.

Another curiosity, why is he wearing his body bug (in 1:47:15), and when did he put it on? Before they went to bed around 5:00 a.m. (if you're of the belief they slept together)? After they woke up but before beginning the happy party?

IMO he wore it until time for the shower. Probably had it on since his shower the day before.
Jmo but it's extremely likely he took pics, collapsed on the bed to relax, she picked up the camera. At least that's what the evidence is.

S
I agree that it's gross. Jodi obviously doesn't think so and wants to flaunt her body. I think that is something she would do to shame him, make other people believe there was something there wasn't. Just like the phone sex tape.

In the sex tape Travis spoke of taking pics just like the ones he took June 4.

What is important here isn't what we personally think is, "gross". I entirely see your point on that. The evidence shows Travis didn't share that view of that kind of sexual activity. It is clear from the sex tape and the photographs. I make no judgement on that. It is none of my concern what consenting adults do in private. It is irrelevant to the murder by an evil psychopath.

Possible sure, I just don't think it's likely.

Another curiosity, why is he wearing his body bug (in 1:47:15), and when did he put it on? Before they went to bed around 5:00 a.m. (if you're of the belief they slept together)? After they woke up but before beginning the happy party?

The body bug explanation offered by TexMex seems reasonable to me. I'm not convinced she slept in his bed. I'm not convinced she arrived at 4.30AM. The inconsistencies and hesitation around her arrival time raise doubts.

The body bug explanation offered by TexMex seems reasonable to me. I'm not convinced she slept in his bed. I'm not convinced she arrived at 4.30AM. The inconsistencies and hesitation around her arrival time raise doubts.

She left Pasadena about 10pm. It's about a six hour drive. Plus she probably stopped close to his house to remove license plates, fill up gas for escape, make sure she had weapons hidden to get them into the house etc.
So arriving 4-5am seemed possible IMO.

She left Pasadena about 10pm. It's about a six hour drive. Plus she probably stopped close to his house to remove license plates, fill up gas for escape, make sure she had weapons hidden to get them into the house etc.

Doesn't mean she went in the house then.

If you accept those time-stamped photos at face value, then the was in his house at 1:42:53 PM. There is no evidence of any kind that places her in the house before that, just her lying lies.

She originally told Detective Flores she 'rolled in' around 3.00 am, yes? Then the focus was 4.00am and 4.30 am arrival points. It is possible it was 4.00 am, sure. Could she have got there about 3.00 am 'ish? My hesitation is around the arrival story. I'm not convinced Travis knew she was there at that time. Did she hide in the house? Wait until his roommate left? I'm not saying her story isn't possible. It is. The dog barking at 4.30 am when Nap *eventually realised she was staring at them? No risk of a housemate hearing or seeing her? I think she would have waited for the roommate to,leave for work. I don't think Travis expected her. You do, IIRC?

If you accept those time-stamped photos at face value, then the was in his house at 1:42:53 PM. There is no evidence of any kind that places her in the house before that, just her lying lies.

I feel she drove straight there, she's trying to get to Utah ASAP. But once in Mesa, she realizes she should sleep, plus Enrique hasn't left yet. So they sleep, wake up, have sex then she's working up a plan and her nerve because she's got to be gone around 6. So she bends over for him one more time in the office after he checks his email at 4:54 then follows him up to the shower for some "artsy" pics before she leaves. By 5:32 he's dead. Jmo

I think it's fair that there is no evidence beyond her lies before the concrete photo evidence. Obviously, she didn't just arrive naked at the first photo time point and must have been there a bit before. The 4.30 AM arrival leaves lots of questions as does everything in between the photographs.

She originally told Detective Flores she 'rolled in' around 3.00 am, yes? Then the focus was 4.00am and 4.30 am arrival points. It is possible it was 4.00 am, sure. Could she have got there about 3.00 am 'ish? My hesitation is around the arrival story. I'm not convinced Travis knew she was there at that time. Did she hide in the house? Wait until his roommate left? I'm not saying her story isn't possible. It is. The dog barking at 4.30 am when Nap *eventually realised she was staring at them? No risk of a housemate hearing or seeing her? I think she would have waited for the roommate to,leave for work. I don't think Travis expected her. You do, IIRC?

I think 3am is a little early...IMO she was careful not to speed.
I cannot decide if he expected her or not. It's possible. They spoke on the phone.
But whatever the case...expected or not..he let her remain and had sex with her

I agree on the sexual activity. It was D Flores who mentioned a roll in at around 3.00 am. She agreed. It morphed to 4.00am then 4.30am. Good point on speeding, I had considered that. I was trying to balance risk of her resting in her car until roommate left (could be seen by someone) and arriving or hiding in the house. I'm sure she knew lots of places to hide in and out of the house. Impossible to know. Guess that's why the brilliant Martinez stuck to what he could prove.

I agree on the sexual activity. It was D Flores who mentioned a roll in at around 3.00 am. She agreed. It morphed to 4.00am then 4.30am. Good point on speeding, I had considered that. I was trying to balance risk of her resting in her car until roommate left (could be seen by someone) and arriving or hiding in the house. I'm sure she knew lots of places to hide in and out of the house. Impossible to know. Guess that's why the brilliant Martinez stuck to what he could prove.

One thing that makes me suspect he knew she was coming is that it would be foolish of her to rent a car, stock up on gas, etc to drive six hours and him perhaps not be there. Or maybe have out of town company.
She didn't have the money to waste on a plan that could be pointless if he wasn't even in the state. She surely had some sort of confirmation that he'd be at home....?

Plus, didn't JM say there were actual photographs of them having sex but he chose to not show them in court? I am pretty sure that he did, but perhaps for propriety he did not choose to include the pics of them "in the act" because the nudes he did introduce got the point across that they did have sex & he didn't feel he needed the others. Overwhelmingly strong evidence they did have sex on 6/4, IMO. In the time frame Trialwatcher cited, there was no time for the killer to set up a camera that wasn't hers thus she was unfamiliar with on a tripod & furthermore it makes sense Travis wouldn't watch her do that and would have simply took the pic himself. There was no tripod at Travis' and I can't see the killer bringing her own as it would be too much to bring along with the gun and her knife, her clothes, etc in a rental car.

One thing that makes me suspect he knew she was coming is that it would be foolish of her to rent a car, stock up on gas, etc to drive six hours and him perhaps not be there. Or maybe have out of town company.
She didn't have the money to waste on a plan that could be pointless if he wasn't even in the state. She surely had some sort of confirmation that he'd be at home....?

Him answering doesn't confirm though that she actually spoke to him, told him she was coming, or what time. Surprise attack is more her style.

Plus, didn't JM say there were actual photographs of them having sex but he chose to not show them in court? I am pretty sure that he did, but perhaps for propriety he did not choose to include the pics of them "in the act" because the nudes he did introduce got the point across that they did have sex & he didn't feel he needed the others. Overwhelmingly strong evidence they did have sex on 6/4, IMO.

Agree. He says on the tape: "I'm going to get some great shots of freakin putting it in you, your reaction, the angle, the whole bit"

Him answering doesn't confirm though that she actually spoke to him, told him she was coming, or what time. Surprise attack is more her style.

Yes. We will never know.

But with the phone calls on June 3 it's very possible she spoke to him, said hey I'm heading that way....just got waxed!..you going to be home? By the way...how long will we have the house to ourselves...your roommates still working?

June 3,called Alexander twice in Monterey, CA

A 17-second call at 12:57 p.m.

A 2-minute, 50-second call at 1:51 p.m.

Salinas, California

At 3:22 p.m., Arias goes shopping at a Wal-Mart and buys two facial cleansers and a third gas can. The sale total was $43.90 and she paid cash.

Pasadena, California June 3

At 8:16 p.m., Arias calls Alexander. The call lasted 2 minutes, 9 seconds.

At 8:31 p.m., CVS buys pain reliever and water

At 8:34 p.m., Arias calls Alexander again and the call lasts 49 seconds

Between 8:42 and 8:46 p.m., Arias makes two gas purchases at Arco. The first is for $34.61, and the second is a pre-paid purchase for $40.

-----after a 2 minute 50 second call to Travis at 1:51pm she's confident enough to buy a third gas can at WalMart

---after another 2 minute call at 8:16 to Travis she's in CVS checks out at 8:31 comes out and there's a final 49 second call at 8:34 then she's confident enough to fill up her rental plus three 5 gallon gas cans at 8:42

She had several conversations with him on June 2 - one lasting the best part of an hour, IIRC. Thats when I think she ascertained enough information to be confident he'd be alone. Being an obsessed stalker, she knew a lot about his routine, when he went to bed - got up, his housemates. She rented the car on June 2nd. IIRC the car rental receipt is Jne 2.

To tell him she was coming risked everything. There was always a slim chance Travis would let someone know she was coming - a text, email, call. That would have been foolish too.

I think she used those brief calls to confirm he was alone. The June 2 lengthy calls would have given her the tine to get exact information. June 3 calls have have been backup. "Thinking of you whilst on the road". Determining quickly that if he was alone. Surprise arrival would have protected her most.

She had several conversations with him on June 2 - one lasting the best part of an hour, IIRC. Thats when I think she ascertained enough information to be confident he'd be alone. Being an obsessed stalker, she knew a lot about his routine, when he went to bed - got up, his housemates. She rented the car on June 2nd. IIRC the car rental receipt is Jne 2.

To tell him she was coming risked everything. There was always a slim chance Travis would let someone know she was coming - a text, email, call. That would have been foolish too.

Arias called Alexander four times between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.

She's at grandmas in Yreka

These calls were all very short, the longest 17 seconds.

Alexander called Arias twice during the 3 a.m. hour:

The first call was just under 18 minutes, the second about 41 minutes.

Arias called Travis at 4:03 a.m. The call lasted 2 minutes, 48 seconds.

At 5:39 a.m. Arias bought $15 worth of gas at Shell Food Mart in Siskiyou, California.

An hour and a half after three conversations totaling 1 hour 1 minute and 48 seconds, she's out of grandmas house, getting gas and drove 90 miles to Redding

Redding, California

At 8:04 a.m., Arias rented a car at Budget Rent A Car.

Very true. The long conversation (IMO may have included more phone sex) gave her opportunity to pin down lots of info. Would he be home? Roommates schedule? Any family coming that week, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove