Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. The long conversation (IMO may have included more phone sex) gave her opportunity to pin down lots of info. Would he be home? Roommates schedule? Any family coming that week, etc

You're the cat's meow, Tex, but it is taking every last bit of my self-control not to respond to that...that...THAT! :D

Arias called Alexander four times between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.

She's at grandmas in Yreka

These calls were all very short, the longest 17 seconds.

Alexander called Arias twice during the 3 a.m. hour:

The first call was just under 18 minutes, the second about 41 minutes.

Arias called Travis at 4:03 a.m. The call lasted 2 minutes, 48 seconds.

At 5:39 a.m. Arias bought $15 worth of gas at Shell Food Mart in Siskiyou, California.

An hour and a half after three conversations totaling 1 hour 1 minute and 48 seconds, she's out of grandmas house, getting gas and drove 90 miles to Redding

Redding, California

At 8:04 a.m., Arias rented a car at Budget Rent A Car.

Very true. The long conversation (IMO may have included more phone sex) gave her opportunity to pin down lots of info. Would he be home? Roommates schedule? Any family coming that week, etc

Well detailed follow-on to the discussion, TexMex. Helpful details. Your reasoning on sex possibly being discussed makes sense given the evidence a few weeks earlier. Even if she didn't tell him she would be arriving, having a tantalising conversation so near June 4 would have made the subject easy to introduce on the day of the murder.

I posted the interview with Detective Flores before - highlighting her hesitation to confirm an arrival time. On DF prompting, she agreed a roll in time around 3.00 am. In court, it's 4.30 am to fit with computer access. My instinct in watching that is that it is a very uncomfortable sequence as Arias scrabbled to fit a story in. We'll never know but it's an interesting study in the psychology of a shameless psycopathic murderer.

She had several conversations with him on June 2 - one lasting the best part of an hour, IIRC. Thats when I think she ascertained enough information to be confident he'd be alone. Being an obsessed stalker, she knew a lot about his routine, when he went to bed - got up, his housemates. She rented the car on June 2nd. IIRC the car rental receipt is Jne 2.

To tell him she was coming risked everything. There was always a slim chance Travis would let someone know she was coming - a text, email, call. That would have been foolish too.

Yep.

She was clearly determined to talk with him on June 1-2, and left Yreka immediately after their one hour-ish, early AM call of June 2. Got what she needed, whatever it was.

I’ve laid out before why I don’t think TA spoke with her again by phone, have analyzed the June 3 call times, mentioned she obviously deleted VM’s left on his phone, etc. etc.

IMO, to restate what I, sure is already a restatement of my opinion, the very fact she had to lie about TA being awake and what videos he was watching, etc. says to me she knew he would NOT be OK with her showing up at his house unannounced.

My guess is she kept trying on June 3 and he blew her off by not answering. The slightly longer calls amount to very short VMs. IMO. As always. ;)

My guess is she kept trying on June 3 and he blew her off by not answering. The slightly longer calls amount to very short VMs. IMO. As always. ;)

Also perfectly possible and fits with evidence. Or she tried once and did not get through, meaning she had to try a second time.

Trouble is, we will never know because who would believe her next version?

You're the cat's meow, Tex, but it is taking every last bit of my self-control not to respond to that...that...THAT! :D

Lol. Men don't call women at 3am to discuss the weather.
Plus it's like her to sex it up, get his head spinning, then get info out of him IMO

JMO but the convo went something like this:

Oh Travis...you are so funny and strong and your bleep is so perfect. I miss you everyday and want to have a f fest ASAP. We can use ky and candy...we can break in that camera you just bought...I've actually been dreaming about it and the pic you said you wanted to get of my facial...oh Travis

His head gets all foggy and its *start touching yourself* time...
All the while she's peppering him with questions about his schedule for the next few days...
JMO

Lol. Men don't call women at 3am to discuss the weather.
Plus it's like her to sex it up, get his head spinning, then get info out of him IMO

JMO but the convo went something like this:

Oh Travis...your so funny and strong and your bleep is so perfect. I miss you everyday and want to have a f fest ASAP. We can use ky and candy...we can break in that camera you just bought...I've actually been dreaming about it and the pic you said you wanted to get of my facial...oh Travis

His head gets all foggy and its *start touching yourself* time...
All the while she's peppering him with questions about his schedule for the next few days...
JMO

Tex, as you know, he called her AFTER she had badgered him by phone and with texts for hours, and for all you know, only after one of the VM's she left said call me now OR ELSE.

But truly, am going away to my happy place and staying there until the coast is clear.

Tex, as you know, he called her AFTER she had badgered him by phone and with texts for hours, and for all you know, only after one of the VM's she left said call me now OR ELSE.

But truly, am going away to my happy place and staying there until the coast is clear.

Also known as "taking the bait". And the time he chooses to get back to her just happens to be 3am. #phonesextime
IMO the thinking is *I'll call you back but I'm going to get something in return*

Jmo but she's not going to leave threatening messages or messages that she's on her way. She's going there to kill him. Forensics can retrieve deleted texts and voicemail
She had to be excited that she was able to reel him back in so easily. Now all she had to do was show up, put out, then make him pay for what, in her sociopathic mind, he'd done--rejecting her

Also known as "taking the bait". And the time he chooses to get back to her just happens to be 3am. #phonesextime
IMO the thinking is *I'll call you back but I'm going to get something in return*

Jmo but she's not going to leave threatening messages or messages that she's on her way. She's going there to kill him. Forensics can retrieve deleted texts and voicemail
She had to be excited that she was able to reel him back in so easily. Now all she had to do was show up, put out, then make him pay for what, in her sociopathic mind, he'd done--rejecting her

I don't believe she reeled him back in and it's more likely the calls on June 1st/2nd were a continuation of the May 26th conversations - if she had reeled him back in, gotten him to dirty talk with her, even agree to let her visit during her trip for some in-person sexytime, why would she leave right after the last call and continue on with her murder plan? She didn't need the gas cans from DB for any other purpose, or to darken her hair, or remove the license plates, or buy another can and then fill all the gas cans after her last call to his phone June 3rd - none of the premeditation was necessary if she'd gotten him back where she wanted him before she left Yreka (packing the gun she stole as well). It just makes no sense with the evidence we have, imo.

I don't believe she reeled him back in and it's more likely the calls on June 1st/2nd were a continuation of the May 26th conversations - if she had reeled him back in, gotten him to dirty talk with her, even agree to let her visit during her trip for some in-person sexytime, why would she leave right after the last call and continue on with her murder plan? She didn't need the gas cans from DB for any other purpose, or to darken her hair, or remove the license plates, or buy another can and then fill all the gas cans after her last call to his phone June 3rd - none of the premeditation was necessary if she'd gotten him back where she wanted him before she left Yreka (packing the gun she stole as well). It just makes no sense with the evidence we have, imo.

The reeling in was getting him back in communication with her. He did. IMO she got him engaged in phone sex again to keep him off balance. She didn't necessarily tell him she was coming to see him but she was able to gather enough info to be confident enough to rent a car, secure gas cans, and he'd be in Mesa. She'd already stolen the gun.
The hair was for his neighbors, not him.
The premed was necessary. She didn't want people to be able to place her there.
Reeling him in was engaging in communication. Where she wanted him was not in a relationship anymore. It was home, in Mesa, willing to let her in his bed, then she was ready with her weapons to kill him. That's what the evidence shows happened.
She manipulated her way into his home, his bed, then killed him in his own shower she'd manipulated him into as well. She's a piece of work.

I'm just wondering, is this all based on the concept that men don’t reject sex, anytime, ever? Or just that some find Travis wouldn’t? Because I HAVE indeed met men whom have turned it down after being attached to individual for a while. Just saying, I don’t think any one woman’s opinion about relationships or the female psyche speaks for all of us, just as I wouldn’t feel any one male’s can reflect another's. Travis wasn’t just a man, he was an abused man – believe me, there is a difference. They will find their own weakness unbearable and CAN go cold after they have endured enough (TA’s intelligence/sensitivity are change factors in this capacity – because you may not see this type of “off-switch” with ‘normal’ men – they would have never endured it in the first place, but just as the feelings escalate, they can quickly de-escalate – with cognition). Travis may or may not have had any physical interest, but this doesn’t really say that sex was so powerful or Jodi was so powerful to Travis. All it would show is that either his body reacted, or his body reacted but his mind was under threat of death and he had no choice but to accommodate – rape/duress.

I don’t desire to change anyone’s opinion here, just saying rejecting a woman, and then Jodi Arias, are also two different things. She may have already tarnished her ‘appeal’ all on her own. Just because someone is bugging you on the phone and you finally call back, could be for anything. I’ve done the same. I didn’t “take the bait.” I just wanted them to ensure they didn't drop by my office again, or house, etc etc. I hung up out of frustration before leaving a message. That person got the point all the same - I'm not interested, stop calling!

The reeling in was getting him back in communication with her. He did. IMO she got him engaged in phone sex again to keep him off balance. She didn't necessarily tell him she was coming to see him but she was able to gather enough info to be confident enough to rent a car, secure gas cans, and he'd be in Mesa. She'd already stolen the gun.
The hair was for his neighbors, not him.
The premed was necessary. She didn't want people to be able to place her there.

Reeling him in was engaging in communication. Where she wanted him was not in a relationship anymore. It was home, in Mesa, willing to let her in his bed, then she was ready with her weapons to kill him. That's what the evidence shows happened.
She manipulated her way into his home, his bed, then killed him in his own shower she'd manipulated him into as well. She's a piece of work.

BBM. Funny how that backfired! As soon as his body was found, Mimi and everyone else fingered her, "Jodi did it!!!" Noone believed (except maybe Sandy Arias) that Jodi was never in Arizona. All that gas can and hair dyeing and inconspicious car rental and license plate manipulation for nothing. She achieved what she wanted and killed Travis, but she didn't get away with it, marry Ryan Burns, or kill anyone else. And she has to spend the rest of her life in Perryville in the Arizona heat.:hot::hot::desert:

BBM. Funny how that backfired! As soon as his body was found, Mimi and everyone else fingered her, "Jodi did it!!!" Noone believed (except maybe Sandy Arias) that Jodi was never in Arizona. All that gas can and hair dyeing and inconspicious car rental and license plate manipulation for nothing. She achieved what she wanted and killed Travis, but she didn't get away with it, marry Ryan Burns, or kill anyone else. And she has to spend the rest of her life in Perryville in the Arizona heat.:hot::hot::desert:

It did backfire - spectacularly. :jail: When I first saw her acting in the interviews with Detective Flores - insisting she was never in Arizona - oh, and what if she could prove she was never there? She couldn't wait to place her alibis on the table - the work of a genius. Smug, sick and stupid. her ugliness as a person still shocks me.

I'm just wondering, is this all based on the concept that men don’t reject sex, anytime, ever? Or just that some find Travis wouldn’t? Because I HAVE indeed met men whom have turned it down after being attached to individual for a while. Just saying, I don’t think any one woman’s opinion about relationships or the female psyche speaks for all of us, just as I wouldn’t feel any one male’s can reflect another's. Travis wasn’t just a man, he was an abused man – believe me, there is a difference. They will find their own weakness unbearable and CAN go cold after they have endured enough (TA’s intelligence/sensitivity are change factors in this capacity – because you may not see this type of “off-switch” with ‘normal’ men – they would have never endured it in the first place, but just as the feelings escalate, they can quickly de-escalate – with cognition). Travis may or may not have had any physical interest, but this doesn’t really say that sex was so powerful or Jodi was so powerful to Travis. All it would show is that either his body reacted, or his body reacted but his mind was under threat of death and he had no choice but to accommodate – rape/duress.

I don’t desire to change anyone’s opinion here, just saying rejecting a woman, and then Jodi Arias, are also two different things. She may have already tarnished her ‘appeal’ all on her own. Just because someone is bugging you on the phone and you finally call back, could be for anything. I’ve done the same. I didn’t “take the bait.” I just wanted them to ensure they didn't drop by my office again, or house, etc etc. I hung up out of frustration before leaving a message. That person got the point all the same - I'm not interested, stop calling!

No. It is based on the history and pattern of their relationship. And the fact that she was in his bed the day she killed him. Also on the statements of his friends and family. He was addicted. She was his kryptonite. That's what Travis stated.

Truly amazing. Being named prime suspect in the 911 call

No. It is based on the history and pattern of their relationship. And the fact that she was in his bed the day she killed him. Also on the statements of his friends and family. He was addicted. She was his kryptonite. That's what Travis stated.

It's based on the evidence too. A psychological assessment was not able to be done on Travis. To assume he was broken or damaged or dysfunctional seems to place the focus entirely in the wrong place. The dysfunctional, damaged, broken beyond repair one was Arias.

It's based on the evidence too. A psychological assessment was not done on Travis and to assume he was broken or damaged or dysfunctional seems to place the focus entirely in the wrong place. The dysfunctional, damaged, broken beyond repair one was Arias.

Absolutely. She was a psychotic borderline on no meds at all. I've seen it first hand. The lies, manipulation, rage is unreal.
Jim Clememte was on a podcast on Karasoncrime.com. He's an FBI profiler and stated Jodi was extremely manipulative and extremely dangerous.

The manipulation and rage continued after she slaughtered a young man. Both trials were vehicles for it. Her malicious, poisoned dart re the fog suddenly lifting as a departure gift for Travis loved ones. She is dangerous and more full of rage than ever.

Glad I have never witnessed this kind of behaviour close up. Sad that you have.

The manipulation and rage continued after she slaughtered a young man. Both trials were vehicles for it. Her malicious, poisoned dart re the fog suddenly lifting as a departure gift for Travis loved ones. She is dangerous and more full of rage than ever.

Glad I have never witnessed this kind of behaviour close up. Sad that you have.

Great point TW. She just keeps manipulating her family, her lawyers, the doctors, therapists who examined her, fellow inmates etc
People are just tools to use to get something she thinks will advance her agenda

The telling his family that oh yeah, I do recall if he was conscious when I slit his throat...he was-it was pure evil.

I understand he said things, and did things, but he exhibited deviation from that pattern. Real addicts ENGAGE actively, he was resistant AND passive when he was complicit. Besides, she was homicidal, most people are in fear-induced state, that doesn't mean the sex was consensual, anyway. Just wondering...

The sex not being consensual seems improbable to me based on the evidence. The sex tapes show he engaged actively and desired the very kind of activity the graphic naked pics illustrated. He was taking pics of her naked and vulnerable - especially the one from behind. To suggest he couldn't have easily overpowered her seems implausible. Nothing abnormal with wanting to have sex for a young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove