Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It did backfire - spectacularly. :jail: When I first saw her acting in the interviews with Detective Flores - insisting she was never in Arizona - oh, and what if she could prove she was never there? She couldn't wait to place her alibis on the table - the work of a genius. Smug, sick and stupid. her ugliness as a person still shocks me.
The only way the gas receipts could've worked- were if the time stamps for gas in Utah placed her there while she was really in Mesa or shown her on surveillance cameras in Utah then. She had no alibi for those hours. Wandering/sleeping alone in the desert doesn't cut it as an alibi.

The manipulation and rage continued after she slaughtered a young man. Both trials were vehicles for it. Her malicious, poisoned dart re the fog suddenly lifting as a departure gift for Travis loved ones. She is dangerous and more full of rage than ever.

Glad I have never witnessed this kind of behaviour close up. Sad that you have.

Great point TW. She just keeps manipulating her family, her lawyers, the doctors, therapists who examined her, fellow inmates etc
People are just tools to use to get something she thinks will advance her agenda

The telling his family that oh yeah, I do recall if he was conscious when I slit his throat...he was-it was pure evil.

And if looks could kill, she would've killed the baby that cried during her statement.

The sex not being consensual seems improbable to me based on the evidence. The sex tapes show he engaged actively and desired the very kind of activity the graphic naked pics illustrated. He was taking pics of her naked and vulnerable - especially the one from behind. To suggest he couldn't have easily overpowered her seems implausible. Nothing abnormal with wanting to have sex for a young man.

I think at this point, we’re covering the same topic again, then. The last time we went into that actually. Acquaintance rape and duress are terms that cover unusual scenarios for victims. NO man or woman need be enjoying it, hint of fear is enough to coin the terms. Consent is not given due to imposing sense of threat.

Also I think we must remember Travis WAS beyond simply confused, the pattern of abuse he suffered as a child went so far as to induce toxic relationship with a person who was easily recognizable to others after longer-term exposure. Borderlines target* people with boundary issues, and Travis’ insecurities were a component as he mentioned them himself. Childhood trauma DOES carry into adulthood, the PTSD was untreated, at best it leaves one more vulnerable than most. Sorry but that is statistical fact, no young man who remembers as much as Travis did can say otherwise. The punishment is MEANT to demean a person, ‘break’ your will. In Travis case, the physical abuse was done as a method to impose fear, reduce the natural ‘human’ will to fight back, speak back, or to say no. It is done to suppress the human child’s will. You will not need to LOOK broken to BE broken, but Travis was significantly more vulnerable – and he chastised himself for feeling upset – another function of abuse. To distance yourself from an emotion that reminds you of weakness. I will not be pulling resources at this point, but only because we did cover that previously…

I am just concerned here people are attributing Travis as a normal man, he clearly had some issues. They weren’t apparent on his face, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t conceal them. His siblings have said as much, he was the eldest, and much less immune to violence than the rest. He ‘took’ the lashings much worse than the others as I remember it as well. We’re not talking about a man who felt comfortable with intimacy for connection – hence his confusion with Jodi – emotionless sex I’d bet. Not to say he hadn’t evolved past that or could have, hence why I stated this is a complex man.

The only way the gas receipts could've worked- were if the time stamps for gas in Utah placed her there while she was really in Mesa or shown her on surveillance cameras in Utah then. She had no alibi for those hours. Wandering/sleeping alone in the desert doesn't cut it as an alibi.

Her trying to manipulate a seasoned detective with her being "sleeping" and "lost"--complete with drawing maps was absolutely comical.

I think at this point, we’re covering the same topic again, then. The last time we went into that actually. Acquaintance rape and duress are terms that cover unusual scenarios for victims. NO man or woman need be enjoying it, hint of fear is enough to coin the terms. Consent is not given due to imposing sense of threat.

Also I think we must remember Travis WAS beyond simply confused, the pattern of abuse he suffered as a child went so far as to induce toxic relationship with a person who was easily recognizable to others after longer-term exposure. Borderlines target* people with boundary issues, and Travis’ insecurities were a component as he mentioned them himself. Childhood trauma DOES carry into adulthood, the PTSD was untreated, at best it leaves one more vulnerable than most. Sorry but that is statistical fact, no young man who remembers as much as Travis did can say otherwise. The punishment is MEANT to demean a person, ‘break’ your will. In Travis case, the physical abuse was done as a method to impose fear, reduce the natural ‘human’ will to fight back, speak back, or to say no. It is done to suppress the human child’s will. You will not need to LOOK broken to BE broken, but Travis was significantly more vulnerable – and he chastised himself for feeling upset – another function of abuse. To distance yourself from an emotion that reminds you of weakness. I will not be pulling resources at this point, but only because we did cover that previously…

I am just concerned here people are attributing Travis as a normal man, he clearly had some issues. They weren’t apparent on his face, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t conceal them. His siblings have said as much, he was the eldest, and much less immune to violence than the rest. He ‘took’ the lashings much worse than the others as I remember it as well. We’re not talking about a man who felt comfortable with intimacy for connection – hence his confusion with Jodi – emotionless sex I’d bet. Not to say he hadn’t evolved past that or could have, hence why I stated this is a complex man.

I've always contended Travis still had issues he'd never truly dealt with from childhood. Sky Hughes said Travis knew what it felt like to feel abandoned and unloved/unlovable and its part of what Jodi used to manipulate him.

My contention has been that Travis (still recovering from childhood trauma) + Jodi (BPD) = toxic

I'm sorry if you thought I think no man ever refuses sex. Very far from the truth. It's just not what the evidence shows in this case IMO.

The reeling in was getting him back in communication with her. He did. IMO she got him engaged in phone sex again to keep him off balance. She didn't necessarily tell him she was coming to see him but she was able to gather enough info to be confident enough to rent a car, secure gas cans, and he'd be in Mesa. She'd already stolen the gun.
The hair was for his neighbors, not him.
The premed was necessary. She didn't want people to be able to place her there.
Reeling him in was engaging in communication. Where she wanted him was not in a relationship anymore. It was home, in Mesa, willing to let her in his bed, then she was ready with her weapons to kill him. That's what the evidence shows happened.
She manipulated her way into his home, his bed, then killed him in his own shower she'd manipulated him into as well. She's a piece of work.

So reeling him in was part of the premeditation? She didn't need it if her intent was to kill him, she knew how to get into his house, had the garage code or failing that she could use the doggy door - we have no evidence he let her in, but we do have a window screen lying on the ground leading to a possibility she either came or went by that window.

Most of all though, after the May 26th conversations it seems highly doubtful he'd ever trust her again in any manner, he may have even known about the phone recordings, he certainly knew something terrible she had done against him (if not more than one something) and that she would never ever tell him the truth, about just about anything.

He learned the hard way she was the opposite of what she seemed (when he thought she was just so darned nice) and I don't think between May 26th and June 1st anything she said would have changed his mind, he seemed to have tried to avoid having any contact with her at all after the 26th, so I think reeling him back in after that point was impossible, and she knew it. No offense, just my considered opinion, Texy.

So reeling him in was part of the premeditation? She didn't need it if her intent was to kill him, she knew how to get into his house, had the garage code or failing that she could use the doggy door - we have no evidence he let her in, but we do have a window screen lying on the ground leading to a possibility she either came or went by that window.

Most of all though, after the May 26th conversations it seems highly doubtful he'd ever trust her again in any manner, he may have even known about the phone recordings, he certainly knew something terrible she had done against him (if not more than one something) and that she would never ever tell him the truth, about just about anything.

He learned the hard way she was the opposite of what she seemed (when he thought she was just so darned nice) and I don't think between May 26th and June 1st anything she said would have changed his mind, he seemed to have tried to avoid having any contact with her at all after the 26th, so I think reeling him back in after that point was impossible, and she knew it. No offense, just my considered opinion, Texy.

Gv...the reeling in is part of her sickness. She must have the last word. She's got to "win". She will not let him dictate when things are "over". She decides that.
It's a game sort of with her. Texts, calls, until finally he calls back. Once he does, the sociopath with the perfect score on the verbal portion of her IQ tests...reels him in. They talk for an hour! #winning. The call back is a "victory". Any communication is a "win". See?, it's not over..I decide when it's over.
She ultimately decided on killing him. He rejected her. Didn't come hear her sing. Called her names. Taking another woman to Cancun where there are 3 things on The List! There's no satisfaction IMO for her to crawl in the doggy door and shoot him while he sleeps. A "win" for her is him hanging out with her all day, having sex, playing with the dog, whatever...but he's going to notice her and give her some attention. All the while she knows she's got a knife and a gun and he's a dead man soon. Who has the power now? I can picture her laughing inside, convincing poor unsuspecting Travis that she's all packed, ready to go but just let me take some shower pictures! Guess what, Travis...it's over, I decided, I win. Beat you brat.

As always IMHO

There is and was no evidence of rape. The evidence strongly suggests mutual consent. I'm concerned people are attributing Travis as an abnormal man. He was a man who had sex with a jealous, psychotic, abnormal stalker who then murdered him. Lots of people have issues relating to their childhood experiences. Poverty can be a factor in assessing risk in rape victims but Travis was no longer poor. His parents has been.

As for concealing pain, Travis shared it. He wrote about it. He spoke about it. Childhood trauma had nothing to do with Travis being slaughtered. Commitment issues are not uncommon. He was not a rape victim. He was a victim of her lies, harassment, delusions and manipulations. He was a murder victim.

This was in response to Tex's above on phone calls in June and what transformed. If they had a phone sex call on one if the phone calls.

I like this but.....

If you go by the above scenario than you can also add in some other maybe details that make you and hope agree?

As in....if you think one of the calls mad in June was a phone sex call than you could also believe maybe that Travis was onto her especially after the confrontation may 26. Maybee Travis trapped her by taping the June phone call.

Maybe he started playing her game maybe another phone call was letting her know checkmate I also have a recorded call, maybe that is what sprung her into action.

If you can assume anything on those phone calls. I am in belief of what Juan stated, he didn't think he knew she was coming that day and also stated Travis absolutely didn't know what was about to happen in that shower!

If you think anything about the phone calls than maybe it played out with a trade on the phone recordings, payment on car, anything to get that recording from him, she could have done this surprising him also anything to get in the door!
I'm in belief of her surprising him that day showing up as in how Tex describes the phone calls and than the action in early June, at some point made her self known and I hate to admit it but had sex, and she surprised him in the shower that day taking pics.... He looked so distressed with himself, almost like he was praying and having a moment with God and than he looks up and sees her... Just can't shake those looks!!

What a good man who just choose poorly with her, but he left such a legacy and an awareness with these types, as Hope says .... All my opinion!!

What was it? "Ha! Still beat you - brat."

Still playing her trump cards in the interview room.

Haha, all that work and effort for a no alibi alibi.

Gv...the reeling in is part of her sickness. She must have the last word. She's got to "win". She will not let him dictate when things are "over". She decides that.
It's a game sort of with her. Texts, calls, until finally he calls back. Once he does, the sociopath with the perfect score on the verbal portion of her IQ tests...reels him in. They talk for an hour! #winning. The call back is a "victory". Any communication is a "win". See?, it's not over..I decide when it's over.
She ultimately decided on killing him. He rejected her. Didn't come hear her sing. Called her names. Taking another woman to Cancun where there are 3 things on The List! There's no satisfaction IMO for her to crawl in the doggy door and shoot him while he sleeps. A "win" for her is him hanging out with her all day, having sex, playing with the dog, whatever...but he's going to notice her and give her some attention. All the while she knows she's got a knife and a gun and he's a dead man soon. Who has the power now? I can picture her laughing inside, convincing poor unsuspecting Travis that she's all packed, ready to go but just let me take some shower pictures! Guess what, Travis...it's over, I decided, I win. Beat you brat.

As always IMHO

LOL I'll let you have the last word on this but I really don't think so. I do however like neenee's idea of him recording the phone call before he called her back early June 2nd, possibly getting her to admit whatever she wouldn't in texts/chat/e-mails and telling her 'we're even, you got me, I got you, now go away'.

This was in response to Tex's above on phone calls in June and what transformed. If they had a phone sex call on one if the phone calls.

I like this but.....

If you go by the above scenario than you can also add in some other maybe details that make you and hope agree?

As in....if you think one of the calls mad in June was a phone sex call than you could also believe maybe that Travis was onto her especially after the confrontation may 26. Maybee Travis trapped her by taping the June phone call.

Maybe he started playing her game maybe another phone call was letting her know checkmate I also have a recorded call, maybe that is what sprung her into action.

If you can assume anything on those phone calls. I am in belief of what Juan stated, he didn't think he knew she was coming that day and also stated Travis absolutely didn't know what was about to happen in that shower!

If you think anything about the phone calls than maybe it played out with a trade on the phone recordings, payment on car, anything to get that recording from him, she could have done this surprising him also anything to get in the door!
I'm in belief of her surprising him that day showing up as in how Tex describes the phone calls and than the action in early June, at some point made her self known and I hate to admit it but had sex, and she surprised him in the shower that day taking pics.... He looked so distressed with himself, almost like he was praying and having a moment with God and than he looks up and sees her... Just can't shake those looks!!

What a good man who just choose poorly with her, but he left such a legacy and an awareness with these types, as Hope says .... All my opinion!!

Hi neenee

I don't know if he knew she was coming or not. IMO both are possible. But whatever the case she manipulated him into letting her remain, manipulated herself into his bed then manipulated him into shower pictures and murdered him.

Phone sex wouldn't have been out of character for either of them IMO. I still think a guy calling a lady he only has a sexual relationship at 3am, lasting an hour...is likely phone sex. No sex recording was found in Travis's possession so I do not think he taped one.

In the May 26 chat Travis says the following...which to me shows how Jodi knew she could wrangle him in to one last sexual rodeo if she arrived-expected or not-on his doorstep

Travis:

I tried to stay away this time.
But you called
And you made sure I heard your voice
U knew that would be enough
Not how many infractions
You just kill me
Every time
And I keep taking you back
I have come to terms with it
I am in partial addicted to you
The positives
If all you were is positive
Or your good facad that is in fact an act
I'm addicted to it
But it is bullshiz
Yet I'm addicted to it
And you know it
And you know I will take you back
You always know
You know I'll get pissed but I'll take you back

There is and was no evidence of rape. The evidence strongly suggests mutual consent. I'm concerned people are attributing Travis as an abnormal man. He was a man who had sex with a jealous, psychotic, abnormal stalker who then murdered him. Lots of people have issues relating to their childhood experiences. Poverty can be a factor in assessing risk in rape victims but Travis was no longer poor. His parents has been.

As for concealing pain, Travis shared it. He wrote about it. He spoke about it. Childhood trauma had nothing to do with Travis being slaughtered. Commitment issues are not uncommon. He was not a rape victim. He was a victim of her lies, harassment, delusions and manipulations. He was a murder victim.

Yes, but we are not talking about mere 'issues,' severe childhood neglect and abuse by drug addicted parents – and a malnourished and violated six year old. His grandmother may have swooped on over to pick them up at one point, however, their memories were significant enough to leave a mark. I believe Tanisha talked more about that than her siblings. The effects of malnutrition or poverty and a commitment to a woman are nothing without context. He may have had a support circle, yet no one seemed to tell him to really shut her down, lock the doors, whatever he could do – often times his forgiveness of her was disproportionate to the boundaries she crossed and his friends wouldn’t be able than he to identify specifically which boundaries she was violating and why they upset him so much. He seemed to be undergoing some depression and real financial disrepair – it’s essentially another cycle of abuse. He may have forgiven his former abusers after they got clean, however, he may have not tried to identify how his emotional responses were changed in regards to that. His communication with this toxic person was extra-ordinary. You can not “change” a toxic person – it is not his job to do so, and his pity for her was extra-ordinary as well. His desire to sleep with her despite the emotional damage, clearly his desire to “be nice” despite the overwhelming anxiety was also out of bounds. She did take advantage of his fragility and openness.

This probably can explain child psychology relationship to adulthood better for how it would translate to biological effect:
“I’ve heard them all, and more. All take a toll, and this new research study confirms that abuse has a long shelf life. It takes a continuing toll on both physical and mental health well into adulthood. The study, conducted by researchers at UCLA and published in theProceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, examined the effects of abuse and corresponding lack of parental affection across the body’s entire regulatory system. It found strong links between negative early life experiences and health, across the board. The effects permeate one’s entire mind-body system

This study of 756 subjects suggested that “biological embedding” occurs through programming brain circuitry in ways that shape response patterns to subsequent stress. That causes wear and tear extending across multiple mind-body systems, and creates adverse health outcomes decades later. The researchers suggest that toxic childhoodstress alters neural responses to stress, boosting the emotional and physical arousal to threat, and making it more difficult for that reaction to be shut off.”
There is nothing wrong with being labeled 'abnormal' in that sense, else how else could a therapist identify this and effectively pursue a course of therapy with their patient/client? I sincerely believe if Travis had spoken to someone about his fears, a qualified specialist, he may have been able to understand his stressors. It is very important for someone to identify *what is making you angry, and why. He could only seem to express that much more clearly by May of 2008. And that’s alright, but most people figured it out way sooner. And to endure stress in much the same cycle as he had with Jodi, was abusive. Stressor responses/PTSD were pretty much his vices, because no ‘normal’ person endures that as they have healthier experiences to detect danger or at least destructive behavior better.

Who cares if he was somewhat ‘dysfunctional,’ is what I'm saying? Should he be embarrassed? Why, it isn’t his fault, correct. When she threatened suicide and manipulated him time after time again, he was angry to the point all he did was text all day long over things 30 year old men just don’t.

Physical violence and neglect are threats to a developing nervous system. Personally, I find that even facially, Travis does* appear often times, more emotionally vulnerable than most. I mean, even I* can see that, I can imagine how Jodi just swallowed that up as “Oh, he’s such a NICE boy, should cave to my every whim if I work the angle well enough.” Predators often use that innocence as they have experience violating it. Again, I worked at a child-care facility for several years, everyone’s free to make up their own mind, but I’ve* seen that innocence in adults formerly abused before, it does not appear so vulnerably in others. That childhood innocence seems to be associated with a tampered stage of growth. That doesn’t mean he wasn’t an intelligent man, mind you. But it does mean there is a hidden layer of insecurity he would have been unable to aptly explain to his peers.

Regardless, we don’t even have the evidence, these are ALL hypotheses. She killed him, and we can’t take her word for it for so many reasons. There was no recording that day, just photos with no sway behind them, expressions – and those do not provide enough context to prove something.

Yes, but we are not talking about mere 'issues,' severe childhood neglect and abuse by drug addicted parents – and a malnourished and violated six year old. His grandmother may have swooped on over to pick them up at one point, however, their memories were significant enough to leave a mark. I believe Tanisha talked more about that than her siblings. The effects of malnutrition or poverty and a commitment to a woman are nothing without context. He may have had a support circle, yet no one seemed to tell him to really shut her down, lock the doors, whatever he could do – often times his forgiveness of her was disproportionate to the boundaries she crossed and his friends wouldn’t be able than he to identify specifically which boundaries she was violating and why they upset him so much. He seemed to be undergoing some depression and real financial disrepair – it’s essentially another cycle of abuse. He may have forgiven his former abusers after they got clean, however, he may have not tried to identify how his emotional responses were changed in regards to that. His communication with this toxic person was extra-ordinary. You can not “change” a toxic person – it is not his job to do so, and his pity for her was extra-ordinary as well. His desire to sleep with her despite the emotional damage, clearly his desire to “be nice” despite the overwhelming anxiety was also out of bounds. She did take advantage of his fragility and openness.

This probably can explain child psychology relationship to adulthood better for how it would translate to biological effect:
“I’ve heard them all, and more. All take a toll, and this new research study confirms that abuse has a long shelf life. It takes a continuing toll on both physical and mental health well into adulthood. The study, conducted by researchers at UCLA and published in theProceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, examined the effects of abuse and corresponding lack of parental affection across the body’s entire regulatory system. It found strong links between negative early life experiences and health, across the board. The effects permeate one’s entire mind-body system

This study of 756 subjects suggested that “biological embedding” occurs through programming brain circuitry in ways that shape response patterns to subsequent stress. That causes wear and tear extending across multiple mind-body systems, and creates adverse health outcomes decades later. The researchers suggest that toxic childhoodstress alters neural responses to stress, boosting the emotional and physical arousal to threat, and making it more difficult for that reaction to be shut off.”
There is nothing wrong with being labeled 'abnormal' in that sense, else how else could a therapist identify this and effectively pursue a course of therapy with their patient/client? I sincerely believe if Travis had spoken to someone about his fears, a qualified specialist, he may have been able to understand his stressors. It is very important for someone to identify *what is making you angry, and why. He could only seem to express that much more clearly by May of 2008. And that’s alright, but most people figured it out way sooner. And to endure stress in much the same cycle as he had with Jodi, was abusive. Stressor responses/PTSD were pretty much his vices, because no ‘normal’ person endures that as they have healthier experiences to detect danger or at least destructive behavior better.

Who cares if he was somewhat ‘dysfunctional,’ is what I'm saying? Should he be embarrassed? Why, it isn’t his fault, correct. When she threatened suicide and manipulated him time after time again, he was angry to the point all he did was text all day long over things 30 year old men just don’t.

Physical violence and neglect are threats to a developing nervous system. Personally, I find that even facially, Travis does* appear often times, more emotionally vulnerable than most. I mean, even I* can see that, I can imagine how Jodi just swallowed that up as “Oh, he’s such a NICE boy, should cave to my every whim if I work the angle well enough.” Predators often use that innocence as they have experience violating it. Again, I worked at a child-care facility for several years, everyone’s free to make up their own mind, but I’ve* seen that innocence in adults formerly abused before, it does not appear so vulnerably in others. That childhood innocence seems to be associated with a tampered stage of growth. That doesn’t mean he wasn’t an intelligent man, mind you. But it does mean there is a hidden layer of insecurity he would have been unable to aptly explain to his peers.

Regardless, we don’t even have the evidence, these are ALL hypotheses. She killed him, and we can’t take her word for it for so many reasons. There was no recording that day, just photos with no sway behind them, expressions – and those do not provide enough context to prove something.

Beautifully said.

I've quoted the points most pertinent above.

Travis' childhood is well documented. By Travis himself and others. Drug and alcohol abuse are, regrettably, not uncommon. Child neglect too. The scars of childhood come with many to adulthood. Some people cope with those well. Some don't. To argue that Travis may have struggled with relationships or commitment is one thing. To suggest he was raped - when evidence supports consensual sexual activity strongly - is a 'hypothesis' very far removed from what juries accepted.

Rape of men by woman is possible but statistically small. 2011 United States 2011 statistics below:

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6308a1.htm

"In the United States, an estimated 19.3% of women and 1.7% of men have been raped during their lifetimes..."

Most of the men raped are raped by other men. The statistic for women raping men is even smaller than 1.7%.

"Male rape victims predominantly had male perpetrators..."

As for suicide threats from dramatists and stalkers, the most stable of people receive these. Murder made a psychological evaluation impossible on Travis himself. Many people have insecurities regardless of upbringing. Travis was a victim of murder. Making him a victim of his childhood - when he rose magnificently above it, in my opinion - by suggesting that made him vulnerable to rape - doesn't add up.

Looking at your hypothesis - even *if* that was true - most factors for risk of rape are not related to Travis' childhood. The evidence suggests consent. Travis' problems with Arias stem mostly from Arias being dysfunctional and easily identifiable issues around sex and religion. I'm not labelling Travis as anything but a victim of a psychopathic murderer.

Travis:

I tried to stay away this time.
But you called
And you made sure I heard your voice
U knew that would be enough
Not how many infractions
You just kill me
Every time
And I keep taking you back
I have come to terms with it
I am in partial addicted to you
The positives
If all you were is positive
Or your good facad that is in fact an act
I'm addicted to it
But it is bullshiz
Yet I'm addicted to it
And you know it
And you know I will take you back
You always know
You know I'll get pissed but I'll take you back

The above words by Travis look like a modern, 'alternative' poem. It's striking. Moving too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove