Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I want to know. Was the Helio with the sex tape recording the same phone as the finger injury and June 3 selfies?
Maybe she hid the phone after the murder because she realized the selfies could incriminate her? Then once she changed to a self defense strategy and wanted to charge Travis as a pedophile, she remembers the 12 year old girl comment on the tape and decides it's worth the risk to let her family know where to "find" the phone.
But then, why a police report on May 18? Plus, Hope points out Martinez could easily subpoena Helio for evidence of if a new phone was or was not shipped to her...

1. She really did report Helio #1 stolen.

2. Phone sex and May #2 self-sent tree sex IM's were definitely on Helio #1.

3. wrote in journal on May 18 that the Helio had been stolen, but actually, don't know if that date was verified at trial as the day she reported the "theft" to police.

4. The date she says it was stolen/reported stolen doesn't mean she didn't use it after that, or that she had already planted stuff on it.

5. I don't see how it's possible that the selfies were on Helio 1, since LE examined a Helio with the pics on it, and didn't examine Helio #1.

6. Because Nurmi said in trial it was the "Helio we've been talking about" doesn't mean it was the Helio #1. That man said all kinds of stuff to blur dates and conflate incidents, etc.

7. Why report Helio stolen on May 18? IMO it's pretty clear it was part of her plan to blackmail/intimidate Travis, and that she made an official report because, one-- she knew Travis already didn't trust her word, and two-- her set up was intended to make it look like it was out of her hands whether or not Travis's sexual activity was "exposed. " She'd tell him "sorry" for recording a gift memento for you, but dang, dude, didn't know it would be stolen and that both of us would be at risk. Together. Just the 2 of us.

OK. Phone #1. Motorola RAZR, silver-black, in purse under bed.

Phone #2. Black, no brand, on bed, as is her purse.

Phone #3. Silver-black, no brand, on floor, as is camera bag.

(This is literally the 4th or 5th time I've seen this list..something different every time. ;)

Phone 2 or 3 could have been the second Helio, I suppose. They came in both colors...

(I'm replying to geevee's post #283 but the pictures she posted don't show up in 'originally posted' box.)

This first picture shows a box spring of a bed. I think it's probably one of his roommate's bed.
View attachment 91594

Travis' panel bed without box spring.
View attachment 91593

The blood expert from Mesa PD stated there was no blood found in master bedroom other than at junction of carpet and tile
At 2 hours 3 minutes in through 2:05 in she states there was no other blood in the master bedroom and none at all by the bed

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qLfabn2US8U[/video]

So whatever the stain was (food? Pet?) it wasn't blood

1. She really did report Helio #1 stolen.

2. Phone sex and May #2 self-sent tree sex IM's were definitely on Helio #1.

3. wrote in journal on May 18 that the Helio had been stolen, but actually, don't know if that date was verified at trial as the day she reported the "theft" to police.

4. The date she says it was stolen/reported stolen doesn't mean she didn't use it after that, or that she had already planted stuff on it.

5. I don't see how it's possible that the selfies were on Helio 1, since LE examined a Helio with the pics on it, and didn't examine Helio #2.

6. Because Nurmi said in trial it was the "Helio we've been talking about" doesn't mean it was the Helio #1. That man said all kinds of stuff to blur dates and conflate incidents, etc.

7. Why report Helio stolen on May 18? IMO it's pretty clear it was part of her plan to blackmail/intimidate Travis, and that she made an official report because, one-- she knew Travis already didn't trust her word, and two-- her set up was intended to make it look like it was out of her hands whether or not Travis's sexual activity was "exposed. " She'd tell him "sorry" for recording a gift memento for you, but dang, dude, didn't know it would be stolen and that both of us would be at risk. Together. Just the 2 of us.

I agree. She'd have to come up with some wild story though if the "stolen" phone with the text and recording was "found" then "given" to Mimi or Lisa or whatever girlfriend she was trying to scare off at some later date.....but she's pretty good at inventing stories

I agree. She'd have to come up with some wild story though if the "stolen" phone with the text and recording was "found" then "given" to Mimi or Lisa or whatever girlfriend she was trying to scare off at some later date.....but she's pretty good at inventing stories

Right. And, from TA's point of view, perhaps, even if she did tell him there was recorded phone sex on a phone that had been stolen.... he'd be furious she'd betrayed him and invaded his privacy that way, but what was there to genuinely fear?

The phone was "stolen" in a tiny CA town 1,000 miles away where nobody knew him. Even if someone found it and listened, how the heck would they know who the was talking with? And why would a phone thief care?

Right. And, from TA's point of view, perhaps, even if she did tell him there was recorded phone sex on a phone that had been stolen.... he'd be furious she'd betrayed him and invaded his privacy that way, but what was there to genuinely fear?

The phone was "stolen" in a tiny CA town 1,000 miles away where nobody knew him. Even if someone found it and listened, how the heck would they know who the was talking with? And why would a phone thief care?

I suppose it would depend on what else may have been "preserved" on that phone... private pics perhaps, or just the fact that she had made sure that TA had identified himself in one of the chats and word might get back to his grandma who had been quite ill for the last few months or so iirc.

The phones.

1. The 's phone number while in Mesa was (assigning an arbitrary #) : 111-555-6666. She had Sprint service and a Motorola Droid phone.

2. The Motorola droid was supposedly destroyed in hot chocolate on April 3 or 4, but the #111-555-6666 is used to text Travis on April 4.

3. The supposedly gets Helio #1 from Gus on April 4;or 5 or 6 (can't remember these exact dates anymore.. yay).

4. Whenever she begins using the Helio, her phone # is still 111-555-6666 and her phone server is still Sprint.

5. She reports Helio #1 lost on May 18, but the number she uses to text TA early AM on the 21st is...111-555-6666, and every text sent through June 2 is via 111-555-6666.

6. Looks like phones connected to the Sprint network in 2008 didn't have Sim cards. Don't know if Helios did, and if they did, whether or not those SIM cards could even be used on Sprint's network.

The phones.

1. The 's phone number while in Mesa was (assigning an arbitrary #) : 111-555-6666. She had Sprint service and a Motorola Droid phone.

2. The Motorola droid was supposedly destroyed in hot chocolate on April 3 or 4, but the #111-555-6666 is used to text Travis on April 4.

3. The supposedly gets Helio #1 from Gus on April 4;or 5 or 6 (can't remember these exact dates anymore.. yay).

4. Whenever she begins using the Helio, her phone # is still 111-555-6666 and her phone server is still Sprint.

5. She reports Helio #1 lost on May 18, but the number she uses to text TA early AM on the 21st is...111-555-6666, and every text sent through June 2 is via 111-555-6666.

6. Looks like phones connected to the Sprint network in 2008 didn't have Sim cards. Don't know if Helios did, and if they did, whether or not those SIM cards could even be used on Sprint's network.

Her journal Vol.5, P.79, dated April 6th, had "P.S. I got a Helio phone! It's on."(from BK's). What is odd is that was apparently a Sunday and GS had claimed to have met with her only briefly in Pasadena for about ten minutes between 10am and 2pm to give her the Helio phone when she was moving to Northern CA, allegedly something to do with because it was a school day, or had he mixed up his story with when he met up with her again on her trip back to Mesa on June 2 or was it the 3rd(which did fall on a Monday/Tuesday)? Hmm.

Ughh, it's hard to read centered text on Websleuth.
How can I get left justified text back?

I usually see the center justified when a new banner at the top is done that way, just X out the banner and refresh and it should go back to normal.

Top of page announcement

Attention Websleuths Members and Visitors
You see we have changed our look a bit
If you are having technical issues with the new look please email websleuthscomments@gmail.com
You will find the new look much easier to read and to navigate

Thank you
Websleuths Management

Also important to note is that JA didn't have her own Internet service while in Mesa, and she'd often go to Travis' house to "check her emails." I just shifted topics. Sorry. I was about to talk about how likely or unlikely it was that she could snoop on his internet activities constantly if she didn't have her own Internet as part of the rent for the room she had in Mesa. I assume she'd use her own laptop at Travis' on wifi, so he couldn't "backspace" into her accounts. hee...hee... I have to compose a whole nother post that one.

All of this is just speculation off the cuff about the phone. I don't assert of any my theories as fact. But I really think she was up to something on May 18th if indeed there exists a police report for the phone dated at that time.

I would bet that JA did a multitask: stalk TA by sitting near his house in her car; driving by constantly, and pulling over as if to take a phone call; using TA's internet at the same time. Not only did this give her web service, plus a "direct line" into TA's stuff, plus making it look that their relationship was more involved than in fact it was 'cos her car was over there all the time without his knowledge, plus scaring his girlfriends off.

I would bet that JA did a multitask: stalk TA by sitting near his house in her car; driving by constantly, and pulling over as if to take a phone call; using TA's internet at the same time. Not only did this give her web service, plus a "direct line" into TA's stuff, plus making it look that their relationship was more involved than in fact it was 'cos her car was over there all the time without his knowledge, plus scaring his girlfriends off.

By her own admission to Travis, the routinely snuck in his house at night to sleep on his downstairs sofa. Which was, conveniently, just a few steps away from his unattended computer and office.

Stop the presses, and unlock the prison gates!!! While you're at it, hire a limo to personally drive #281129 to her desired destination. The new "secret" evidence that will surely "free" the butcheress has been leaked. The convicted murderess has two receipts from two different gas stations showing she paid cash for fuel en-route to AZ.

Holy smokes, why weren't they admitted into evidence at trial?? :)noooo:) Those could have proven the 3rd gas can was a myth all along. (meant as humor) SMH at stupidity.

"According to George B., he knows this evidence is true because MDLR told him - which what that really means is someone said that they heard MDLR told a friend of a friend this evidence, right?

According to George B., this "super secret don't tell no one" evidence are two separate receipts from those two separate gas stations Jodi claimed she stopped at en route to Travis' house.

And, according to George B., according to MDLR, these cash purchased receipts that show gas are even better than any DNA."

You're welcome, WM. :) I have a hard time telling if it's one or two different ones, in the second the wood doesn't look that much like his bed frame (and can't be seen in the first pic) and the first one looks wider but could just be the angle. I enlarged the first one, I think it looks quite a bit like the shape of a foot. I do recall JM saying there wasn't any blood anywhere else in the room but Travis was too fastidious to leave a stain like that next to his bed and it was significant enough for the CSIs to photograph it with measuring equipment.

Here's my two bits worth: that stain looks to me like it might be a spill from a dropped narrow-necked bottle of something dark--maybe Coke, iced coffee, or chocolate milk. The narrow part of the stain indicates where the bottle hit the floor. Given that TA was a Mormon and avoided caffeine, we can rule out that he dropped a bottle of Coke.

Anyway, just my idle speculation as I read Websleuths and avoid doing the work that I brought home to finish tonight. (I think I should change my user name to The Queen of Procrastination.)

Lol, the only person a Yreka thief might recognize by voice or habit is JA.

Also, IMO, Jodi could never have tried to blackmail Travis by having the sex phone delivered to Lisa or Mimi. Simple reason: some people are too honest to get into other people's private stuff. A cell phone is a private stuff. And Mimi and Lisa probably operate with very clear do's and don'ts. I can't imagine them messing with a phone they'd never seen before. They'd probably just turn it into the police, where it would have sat untouched in some locker somewhere with a thousand other phones.

Also, stolen phones by the million show up in markets in developing countries. I wonder what a rice paddy worker in a rural Indian village would have done with the thing? Charged a penny a listen?

Step one of the appellate process--DONE. All transcripts have been turned in to the court, and a deadline provided for the AG and the 's appellate attys to receive a full court record: April 9.

Next step: her attorneys receive, read, and review the full record for trial error.

Step after that- -appellate briefs filed with the COA.

Then I guess she got the second one fast. I know I can usually get one within two days when one of our family loses/breaks/drowns one. Sometimes I think our daughter is majoring in screen cracking in college

I need to review Helio testimony....

My son is doing an honours degree in that major and sometimes I suspect he's aiming for a summa *advertiser censored* laude. :)

Step one of the appellate process--DONE. All transcripts have been turned in to the court, and a deadline provided for the AG and the 's appellate attys to receive a full court record: April 9.

Next step: her attorneys receive, read, and review the full record for trial error.

So far, it's taken a year. LMAO!

On that score, shall we celebrate sentencing day?

Top of page announcement

Attention Websleuths Members and Visitors
You see we have changed our look a bit
If you are having technical issues with the new look please email websleuthscomments@gmail.com
You will find the new look much easier to read and to navigate

Thank you
Websleuths Management

I find the new look much whiter (with no separation between the stickies and threads so everything runs together) but no tech issues for me currently. :)

Yay, and 'bout time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member