Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube. Sitting in the hotel in College Station waiting for Aggie Muster and I'm bored. Bout to go to Fargos BBQ though

YouTube usually has a link near the video. Not the page link, but the link for the actual video you want. It will be located somewhere near the video box on the page, usually right below it. Highlight that, copy, then come here and paste. It will look like a link when you post but should work once it actually posts. If there is no link near the video box, then I don't know how you would do it.

I could do that, but not going to just in case it's not the candidate I'm supporting. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. I like you too much to let politics get in the way. :)

(((Sister GiGi))). .

Congrats to your hub Hope, how will either of you sleep this evening? You both must be so excited. :)

It rained half the day yesterday and today so haven't made it out yet but will tomorrow come err heck or high water, I'm so stir crazy all my posts are O/T, about ready to smack myself. lol

When JM mentioned the shower sandals having carpeting glued on them (for comfort and imo probably where the scattered fibers came from) it was just the sort of little tidbits I was hoping to read, inconsequential to the conviction really but details we didn't know or realize and helpful to put all of the pieces together for nitpickers like us. I was disappointed there weren't more of those but I suppose we diehards know just about everything that wasn't sealed anyways, wouldn't have minded his opinion on some things like Hope mentioned but yeah, he was very lean in what he considered important to the conviction and doesn't distract himself with the myriad of details we find fascinating. And he doesn't look back so we're likely not to get much more from him (currently I'd settle for the name of ther pain relief med she bought at CVS lol).

What up with "this is a test for prebid.org" below posts? Just wondering...

Gigi--My DH has a party and a candidate, I really don't.

I was listening to a segment on NPR earlier today about the musical traditions of Southern Appalachia. The guest was asked- why is it that so much mountain music seems meant for dancing? He replied-because folks there know life is hard, and it helps with the hard to be able to dance. He added-and I think living deep in the mountains brings a different perspective on life. Maybe it makes it easier to understand that this too shall pass, that most everything but the stone of mountain gets washed away or falls away or withers away or just changes with the season, and that what matters most is understanding that we are all in this together.

I wish our politics reflected that understanding.

Congrats to your hub Hope, how will either of you sleep this evening? You both must be so excited. :)

It rained half the day yesterday and today so haven't made it out yet but will tomorrow come err heck or high water, I'm so stir crazy all my posts are O/T, about ready to smack myself. lol

When JM mentioned the shower sandals having carpeting glued on them (for comfort and imo probably where the scattered fibers came from) it was just the sort of little tidbits I was hoping to read, inconsequential to the conviction really but details we didn't know or realize and helpful to put all of the pieces together for nitpickers like us. I was disappointed there weren't more of those but I suppose we diehards know just about everything that wasn't sealed anyways, wouldn't have minded his opinion on some things like Hope mentioned but yeah, he was very lean in what he considered important to the conviction and doesn't distract himself with the myriad of details we find fascinating. And he doesn't look back so we're likely not to get much more from him (currently I'd settle for the name of ther pain relief med she bought at CVS lol).

LOL about being more than willing to settle for just one little crumb of detail. I actually fantasized at one point of sending JM a summary of all my many timelines along with a self addressed stamped postcard asking him to check off one of the two boxes:

Yes, I would hire you to do trial research, though I do all my own research
No, I wouldn't hire you to do trial research, but you might want to look into a waitressing career

How long have you been stuck inside? Are helicopters with relief supplies circling above yet?

LOL about being more than willing to settle for just one little crumb of detail. I actually fantasized at one point of sending JM a summary of all my many timelines along with a self addressed stamped postcard asking him to check off one of the two boxes:

Yes, I would hire you to do trial research, though I do all my own research
No, I wouldn't hire you to do trial research, but you might want to look into a waitressing career

LOL....

How long have you been stuck inside? Are helicopters with relief supplies circling above yet?

LOL You haven't sent him that postcard yet??

Started raining Sunday evening, haven't left the house more than to walk down to get the mail...there have been helicopters overhead but they're getting people truly stranded out of flooded houses. Hub's route to work is open but just up that road is impassable (as well as the main road on the other side of the nearby resevoir), the places I mainly go to are still dicey but I'm braving it tomorrow.

Yes, I would kiss JM's feet for just one little previously unknown detail, I'm hungry man, throw a little lady a bone. :eek:

Gigi--My DH has a party and a candidate, I really don't.

I was listening to a segment on NPR earlier today about the musical traditions of Southern Appalachia. The guest was asked- why is it that so much mountain music seems meant for dancing? He replied-because folks there know life is hard, and it helps with the hard to be able to dance. He added-and I think living deep in the mountains brings a different perspective on life. Maybe it makes it easier to understand that this too shall pass, that most everything but the stone of mountain gets washed away or falls away or withers away or just changes with the season, and that what matters most is understanding that we are all in this together.

I wish our politics reflected that understanding.

Point well taken.

I live in DC, so I can't overstate how hyper-aware we are here in this town about anything and everything political. And, to be honest, I hate it.

I also hate the fact that so many people around here have grown rich off politics and/or the government; whether as lobbyists, contractors or actual government employees (though I wish I could get one of those jobs!).

To wit: What's the state with the highest per capita income? Maryland! And no, we're not talking about people living in Baltimore; we're talking about people who live in Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Potomac, etc; the DC suburbs.

I just think people around here don't see what the rest of the country does. Their relatively high income makes them myopic. We all need to walk a mile in the shoes of others.

Anyway, no more talk about politics from me, as it is obviously OT! :)

OMG. Right. Forgot I was talking with seriously super sleuthers. No doubt y'all could figure out in a few minutes not only the candidate but the event and where it's located. (slaps self in head).

How mean is that? Just kidding. I love "most" people Repubs and Dems. That is normally one of the few things I won't argue about, well that and religion. :loveyou:

What was the deal with the carpeted shower shoes?

What was the deal with the carpeted shower shoes?

The way they were found in the middle of the bedroom floor was odd to me, they were shower sandals and due to the pics, he took a shower, why were they in the bedroom and not worn into the bathroom? Also, now knowing there was carpet glued to them suggests an answer to what looked like carpet fibers scattered around the tiled floor (but no visible damaged carpeting) - but it also brings the question of - if the fibers came from the sandals during the murder, how did they get back into the bedroom with no blood on them (at least none visible and none mentioned during the trial, or even in JM's book where he mentions them)?

Well smack me hard and wake me the hell up. I wonder what the arsonist is up to with this BS? She has been bragging B.K. up, so stay tuned. Duh-Rama. :laughing:

Donavan B. announced that she no longer supports the butcheress. She will be doing an interview, letting people know why.

I've had problems uploading from YouTube, especially with the player. Look for the sideways V on the top right corner to share it, or there is code for sharing at the bottom of the video. ILikeToBendPages is an expert.

Only because YesorNo told me how to do it. The insert video didn't work all the time, so she said to remove the s in front of the http and it comes up as a video. Go to you youtube or? while playing right click on copy url and paste here and remove the s.

[video=youtu;lC2Fu20X_KY]http://youtu.be/lC2Fu20X_KY[/video]

Originally Posted by Hope4More: "Thank you. Ummm. what's an Aggie?"

Texas A&M University.

To elaborate (for those who may not already know -- I didn't see anyone spell it out yet)... the "A&M " in Texas A&M is Agricultural and Mechanical. Hence the "Aggie" nickname. Ok, carry on...

The way they were found in the middle of the bedroom floor was odd to me, they were shower sandals and due to the pics, he took a shower, why were they in the bedroom and not worn into the bathroom? Also, now knowing there was carpet glued to them suggests an answer to what looked like carpet fibers scattered around the tiled floor (but no visible damaged carpeting) - but it also brings the question of - if the fibers came from the sandals during the murder, how did they get back into the bedroom with no blood on them (at least none visible and none mentioned during the trial, or even in JM's book where he mentions them)?

Those carpet flip flops always bothered me....they were strange...clean and just did not look like TA would wear them. Are they a popular item for,peopl to wear in the hot, southern states?

I agree that Nurmi's book was more salacious as far as personality details but he had far more one on one time with the killer. Juan's book was more factually presented- no speculation at all. If I learned anything it was how many rights a defendant has that almost supercedes the rights of the victim. I learned that evidence that could possibly be damaging is omitted from trial because it is deemed "too prejudicial" against the defendent. I also think the defense did a terrible job in slandering the victim, I don't care what the circumstances were. The DT knew their client was guilty and to save her life they chose slime highway. I would have liked Juan to elaborate on the DT strategy in his book but he did not. I will bet he has a lot to say about that, but as that isn't his style he said nothing.

Early back when he announced his book, I thought to myself many of these people only ever caught a glimpse of Arias while channel surfing (their view would be based off of sensationalism alone). I can’t say that is true for people in Arizona, but in NY, it is true. No one I knew really did register her name if I ever mentioned it at all. And when they did, it was because of the movie or something the ID (Information Discovery) channel aired. So now, I figure the book was meant for an audience who hadn’t dedicated any* time to her interrogation or trial viewings and the such - hence why perhaps he felt he didn't need to put out anything that could be considered too revealing, add to that his professional demeanor and penchant for detachment. In the book, he stated, he didn’t even want Flores to say anything to him during the prosecution. Not out of ill-temper, it’s just how he wants to not be perceived. Again, just a vibe I got. I purchased the book regardless, in case I’d be wrong and though I figured he’d keep much out. Then again, I enjoy his style, he is pretty studious in his demeanor and he writes in much the same fashion.

Either way, I figure the target reader roamed an aisle at B&N, saw her mugshot, couldn’t place JM, and ended up finding the book an eye-opening read. IMO, Tricia’s interview came the closest to pulling out the answers to the more involved trial watcher’s questions…. That was nice. I still do wonder what’s under seal…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove