Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree with this, especially in light of what all she had packed for her "camping" trip. I had thought I'd read somewhere that DB had had a vasectomy though, so perhaps one of the other "alibis" required the use of condoms to pacify and disarm before she could "quench this thirst I've had since childhood."( http://jodiarias.blogspot.ca/ )

's vacuous babble-babble at its finest, lol.

Hmmm condoms in the rental car, that's right.

Wouldn't be used for all the ladies she (supposedly) planned to kill on this imagined trip back to AZ. Unless she was planning to give each of them a safe sex lecture before attacking.

Besides Chris Hughes, what other males connected with Travis did she hate and want revenge against in AZ? She hadn't made JM's acquaintance yet and hadn't met Flores in person yet, hadn't been arrested (yet), she was unaware of most of the other interviews L.E. was conducting or what others were saying. She learned that after her arrest.

And I almost forgot: she was in AZ another time after the murder, for the memorial service. Somehow she managed to keep herself from killing anyone else while in town, though it would have been convenient since she was already in the state and in the friends' presence at various times.

Wouldn't be used for all the ladies she (supposedly) planned to kill on this imagined trip back to AZ. Unless she was planning to give each of them a safe sex lecture before attacking.

Besides Chris Hughes, what other males connected with Travis did she hate and want revenge against in AZ? She hadn't made JM's acquaintance yet and hadn't met Flores in person yet, hadn't been arrested (yet), she was unaware of most of the other interviews L.E. was conducting or what others were saying. She learned that after her arrest.

And I almost forgot: she was in AZ another time after the murder, for the memorial service. Somehow she managed to keep herself from killing anyone else while in town, though it would have been convenient since she was already in the state and in the friends' presence at various times.

Well, offing someone on the memorial trip would be a bit unsubtle, even for the . Not to mention, she no doubt believed she'd committed the perfect murder right up until a few days before she was arrested when she realized she hadn't, but close enough.

I don't believe she felt the need to pack a gun and multiple knives for personal protection en route to wherever, especially since she'd already hid the gun so well out of sight that car rental peeps didn't find it when the car was returned. The knives? The seems to have kept them handy as routinely as others do Kleenex.

I think she enjoyed killing Travis, and can easily believe she'd have had no problem whatsoever killing the next person who crossed her, and therefore packed accordingly.

Who says the possibilities had to be connected to TA other than perhaps in that they were precursors to her relationship with him? I'm sure over the course of her life, pre TA, that there were at least a few men who either immediately or eventually rejected and/or belittled her, if only in her mind. In fact, there were more than a few that got ink in her journals as being responsible for past episodes of heartache(these included ones that she had previously either stalked and/or at the least felt they had let her down with infidelity, whether they had still been in an exclusive relationship at the time or not).

Kind of O/T, but I'm reading Lisa Scottoline's book Corrupted and there is a D.A. named Juan (David) Martinez... what a coincidence!

I too believe #whatever :jail: was out to kill another person; I think I remember she said the knives were DB's? And she was returning them? Was it said "what kind" of knives these were? Kitchen knives or hunting knives?

TIA!

Ah, so the thinking is once Arias killed Travis, she wanted to go kill other people, not necessarily related at all to Travis, because she harbored some resentment along the way?

Her other resentments (speaking of men) happened to mostly be in CA, not in AZ. Travis was the man she was with in AZ.

she no doubt believed she'd committed the perfect murder right up until a few days before she was arrested when she realized she hadn't, but close enough.

What happened a few days before she was arrested that informed her she didn't commit the perfect murder?

The theories that have Arias heading out to murder: the various women Travis was with, the women Travis was interested in even if they were not interested back, anyone who pissed her off in Arizona or outside of Arizona, whether they knew Travis or never heard of Travis, seem entirely far-fetched and in the realm of fantasy horror. It's like when some said Arias is/was the most dangerous killer ever to have walked the earth, that's hyperbole and just not true.

Well, offing someone on the memorial trip would be a bit unsubtle, even for the . Not to mention, she no doubt believed she'd committed the perfect murder right up until a few days before she was arrested when she realized she hadn't, but close enough.

I don't believe she felt the need to pack a gun and multiple knives for personal protection en route to wherever, especially since she'd already hid the gun so well out of sight that car rental peeps didn't find it when the car was returned. The knives? The seems to have kept them handy as routinely as others do Kleenex.

I think she enjoyed killing Travis, and can easily believe she'd have had no problem whatsoever killing the next person who crossed her, and therefore packed accordingly.

Agreed. How far timewise was Pasadena and Monterey from Yreka(easily within the 3 days she told her Dad she'd be gone for)? Iirc there were at least 3-4 possibilities, that we know about, just in CA. That's without even getting into anyone she may have previously worked or gone to school with and may have had unpleasant memories from. Didn't she say she had some books to return to MM, some household goods for DB, probably needed another phone from GS by then and hey, perhaps that old sword to return....

Ah, so the thinking is once Arias killed Travis, she wanted to go kill other people, not necessarily related at all to Travis, because she harbored some resentment along the way?

Her other resentments (speaking of men) happened to mostly be in CA, not in AZ. Travis was the man she was with in AZ.

What happened a few days before she was arrested that informed her she didn't commit the perfect murder?

The theories that have Arias heading out to murder: the various women Travis was with, the women Travis was interested in even if they were not interested back, anyone who pissed her off in Arizona or outside of Arizona, whether they knew Travis or never heard of Travis, seem entirely far-fetched and in the realm of fantasy horror. It's like when some said Arias is/was the most dangerous killer ever to have walked the earth, that's hyperbole and just not true.

Did you not see the glee on her face both when being interviewed and while on the stand? I don't think resentment would have been the only reason she may have considered crossing others off her naughty list, she had a self confessed unquentionable thirst and I believe murdering TA may have given her the thrill she'd been looking for. Unfortunately, thrills are short-lived.

Thank you. I hadn't considered it from that angle.
I was only thinking at this from the: I killed someone, I'm a suspect, I would try and eliminate threats to ME. To target people who might be able to tell LE they saw me, gave me money, gas cans etc....threaten my Freedom.

But she also knew she was a suspect, plus she'd given DNA sample...knowing she cut herself and left blood at the scene. That meant it was only a matter of time until she was linked. So perhaps kill people she despised just to do it since she's going to jail forever anyway

My gut though thinks the gun was for suicide but she's too narcissistic to do that

BBM

I never felt Brewer was in danger from her. He and MM were her two willing puppets - people she then thought would never betray her. She wouldn't commit suicide - nothing it that for her. Revenge on the Hughes - she would love every minute. Choosing the exact same murder weapons, she would learn from her mistakes with Travis and make them suffer horribly for humiliating her. Make them pay for being driven underground. If she ever escapes, The Hughes should be very afraid. Arias' rage against Travis has burned for years. It will not ease with time.

I agree. She glowed when discussing the slaughter in media interviews and with Detective Flores. She was desperate to see the crime scene photos - not only because she was looking for evidence but to satisfy her own morbid curiosity. She said as much. She took the exact same weapon choices with her in the rental car. She would have thought through every detail in her sick twisted mind.

I don't think Arias is the most dangerous killer on earth. Nor do many people, as far as I can see. I do think it is probable that it infiltrated her infantile head that her perfect murder plan was bust. Everyone pointed to her. He talks with Detective Flores provided clues. She wasn't just running. She was running with the exact same murder weapon choices she killed weeks before with. Can anything be proven? No. It's speculation based on the evidence, events and Arias' psychology. That seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Did you not see the glee on her face both when being interviewed and while on the stand? I don't think resentment would have been the only reason she may have considered crossing others off her naughty list, she had a self confessed unquentionable thirst and I believe murdering TA may have given her the thrill she'd been looking for. Unfortunately, thrills are short-lived.

Glee @ being famous and in the center of that courtroom spotlight and network news show spotlight, yes.

I have no idea how she felt about murdering Travis. I've read lots of speculation about it, but that's all it is, just like it's speculation what her plans were when she was packing up that car. Fantasizing different revenge kill or just kill scenarios isn't my interest.

Wouldn't be used for all the ladies she (supposedly) planned to kill on this imagined trip back to AZ. Unless she was planning to give each of them a safe sex lecture before attacking..

Oh hell no. I'd just tell her to go ahead and start trying to stab me cause I ain't listening to one of her word-fest speeches first.
I'm in Sugarland checking on my folks and buying beer and briskets at Costco for the engagement party Friday.

image.jpg

BBM

Was it established that she was heading to AZ?

BBM

I never felt Brewer was in danger from her. He and MM were her two willing puppets - people she then thought would never betray her. She wouldn't commit suicide - nothing it that for her. Revenge on the Hughes - she would love every minute. Choosing the exact same murder weapons, she would learn from her mistakes with Travis and make them suffer horribly for humiliating her. Make them pay for being driven underground. If she ever escapes, The Hughes should be very afraid. Arias' rage against Travis has burned for years. It will not ease with time.

I did too for your same reason, until we found out that she had made both DB and MM basically accomplices by involving them in her preparations for the trip. Then we found out that MM had told her to keep him out of it so she couldn't reliably use him after the murder and DB would always put his son first, something she was well aware of. That opened them up imo, plus the fact that she had things packed for both of them in her new rental. Then there was also GS who claimed to have info that could hurt her case(do we know if JA had actually called him the night of the murder as he had claimed?) as well as possibly the friend of MM's that JA had alleged they'd gone to karaoke with, who if real, likely couldn't be trusted to keep his mouth shut if cornered by the police about her. As for the Hughes', as much as JA may have harboured ill feelings for them among some of TA's other close friends, I really don't think they would have been in danger(at least not immediately) from her, though I can see her perhaps stalking and terrorizing them for a few years first but only if she had gotten away with TA's murder. It's not like much of the community there hadn't already fingered her, that's how she was forewarned after all... iirc at least DF and AD had both kept her informed of that and I think even RB had told her there was talk about her as a suspect way up in SLC.

BBM

Was it established that she was heading to AZ?
Good question! Nothing has been established; it's all speculation that she was on some journey of vendetta to go off on a spree of sorts, to kill one or more people.

She got her mother to rent her a car and she packed some belongings in boxes (including condoms) and put those boxes in the car. She also had knives (or a knife) and she hid a gun in the guts of the car where it was not found until later. Those are the only verified facts.

Arias claimed she was "going camping." Police thought she was trying to make a run for it, so they arrested her. I believe what the police believed.

She told her parents she was going on a three day trip to visit Matt and return things to Darryl.
I think the camping story was the reason she gave for buying the 9mm in the first place
JM says the gun was found in the trunk in the spare tire compartment in a handgun case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8