Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought she turned it upside down on purpose, once in Utah, so she would be pulled over, as part of her never in AZ "alibi."

No one is arguing she wasn't in Utah, though. She didn't need an alibi for that part.

But there had to have been a hinky reason for the plate switch, otherwise we wouldn't have had the florid lie about the flock of skateboarders.

She could have had the Infiniti plates on, but it would have been stupid to have them on for long, 'cos of the risk of getting pulled over for a random reason and then having a plate check done. Plus, she wouldn't have wanted her plates to be video-ed or otherwise ID'd in AZ.

It occurs to me that JA didn't take the Hoover Dam route, 'cos there would be video footage. Dams are highly protected as a result of 9/11. And LE had a timeline for when she'd be crossing the dam, since they had those pings. They would easily have found the footage. They probably even have software that can search the digitized video files for white Ford northbound between X hour and Y hour.

I screwed up in my interrogation reference above. It is around minute 25, Video 2, David Lohr version of the EF interrogation.

The plates were only off while she was at TA's? So no one would attach seeing Jodi in connection with that car as identified by its plates? Then she put them right back on, but didn't realize the rear plate was upside down?

Come to think of it....where did she fill her tank with the gas from the cans? Sometime before she got to TA's?

There's about 3 minutes discussion with route details on where she got lost and broke down and found her phone and somehow got on 93 and got on the 40 by mistake.....the geographic florid lying. It's hilarious. I think we have to assume EF isn't lying, too.

Can she even get from 93 into NV from AZ without going over the Hoover Dam? How could she be so stupid as to think she would ping in NV if she hadn't gone over the dam yet?

This map is quite useful.
mapMesaMesquite.jpg

Given the map, Kingman is also a logical place for her to have passed through, at least, IMO. Seems to me she could have made those calls earlier if she'd gone a straight shot route to the west to exit AZ.

That route also had opportunities for a number of places to shower, but I still think she likely got onto 40, went to Havasu to get cleaned up(for old times sake, plus she was familiar with the area) then up 95 to at least Laughlin. After that who knows, maybe she got turned around there thinking she was headed to LV and instead ended up going the wrong way for a time.

That route also had opportunities for a number of places to shower, but I still think she likely got onto 40, went to Havasu to get cleaned up(for old times sake, plus she was familiar with the area) then up 95 to at least Laughlin. After that who knows, maybe she got turned around there thinking she was headed to LV and instead ended up going the wrong way for a time.

She pinged off 93 north of Kingman though.

Are you saying she thought she was on 95, but instead was on 93?

Does the mileage and time add up if she got as far as the Hoover signs, chickened out and drove all the way back and around? She was very late getting to SLC iirc, plus that would explain needing gas again by Mesquite I think... but no, I think it might be possible to ping from 95 to a tower on 93 if there was enough of a break in the mountain range just before she got to Henderson.

IIRC, she told Flores she was on 95, because she was trying the "I was never in AZ" routine, or if I was, it was because I was lost... She'd want to get the h*ll out of AZ as soon as possible, even if it took her out of her way.

Does the mileage and time add up if she got as far as the Hoover signs, chickened out and drove all the way back and around? She was very late getting to SLC iirc, plus that would explain needing gas again by Mesquite I think... but no, I think it might be possible to ping from 95 to a tower on 93 if there was enough of a break in the mountain range just before she got to Henderson.

I'm in Golden Valley heading for Laughlin. I'll look for that break in the mountains. :)
I doubt she went via hoover dam for several reasons, one being the road way signs which would have told her repeatedly how close she was getting to the dam, in other words, to getting out of AZ.

68 is straight shot out to NV. More later..

IIRC, she told Flores she was on 95, because she was trying the "I was never in AZ" routine, or if I was, it was because I was lost... She'd want to get the h*ll out of AZ as soon as possible, even if it took her out of her way.

She told Flores she was on 93.

I'm in Laughlin, NEVADA. 40 minutes from kingman to here...68 is a very fast road.

Now I see where you all are going with this....west from Kingman over to 95 in NV and then due north on 95. And NOT 93.

The problem..... 93 seems to be a given because of the wording in the EF interrogation.

I doubt you'd ping over by 93 if you were on 95, 'cos there would have been too many places to ping on 95. Jodi could easily just deny she'd gone to AZ by saying "SEE? I pinged on 95. I never was in AZ. It's a random act of karma that I also pinged all the way over on the other side of the mountain on 93." What she couldn't say is, "I never went to AZ. I was on 95. It's accidental that I pinged all the way on the other side of that mountain range on 93 and not anywhere on 95."

BBM I'm thinking this could have happened. I could see her chickening out and deciding it might not be a good idea to go over Hoover Dam, and so going "back and around". However, this needn't have any relationship to the phone calls. It might simply have been a matter of realizing there was blood all over the floor mats and going through a high security area would be a bad idea. I don't see how we can get past those pings off 93.

I'm thinking her story about "getting stranded? breaking down?" being the cause for looking and finding her phone charger was a thought jump from "I broke down", namely "I freaked." And this happened on 93, concomitantly with those phone calls.

OMG. I'm in serious desert now. 110 and visibility isn't great because of heat haze. She's a better navigator than I am if she did NOT get lost getting out of laughlin. No road signs and suddenly I'm on 95 south, heading for 40 and needles....

OMG. I'm in serious desert now. 110 and visibility isn't great because of heat haze. She's a better navigator than I am if she did NOT get lost getting out of laughlin. No road signs and suddenly I'm on 95 south, heading for 40 and needles....

Holy cow...

Through Needles onto I-40 at 12:46. Just turned onto 95 north heading g to Searchlight NV and Vegas. Other than the invisible signs for 163 in Laughlin, every other destination is clearly signed, and btw, there was a welcome to Laughlin Nevada sign no one could miss.

From 1:09 to 1:14, wide open gap in black mountains, with places to pull over, it's very much desert, and woukd have been totally deserted around 11:30pm . Still south of palm gardens, averaging 60-65 mph.

From 1:09 to 1:14, wide open gap in black mountains, with places to pull over, it's very much desert, and woukd have been totally deserted around 11:30pm . Still south of palm gardens, averaging 60-65 mph.

I still have problems with a "mountain gap" being an answer to why JA was pinging over by 93 and not on 95.... EF was clear that her pings placed her in AZ.

I still have problems with a "mountain gap" being an answer to why JA was pinging over by 93 and not on 95.... EF was clear that her pings placed her in AZ.

I don't think it matters too much what EF said to her, 93 or 95 - Verizon's Joey Citizen testified the ping was located 27 miles south of the NV border - in AZ - north of Kingman (likely the nearest town located in that vicinity). She was in that location at least until 12:09 a.m. as she called T's number at 11:53 p.m. and the call lasted 16 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove