Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://thetrialdiaries.com/exclusivethe-foreman-from-the-jodi-arias-trial-speakshear-his-story/

"This crime was VERY pre meditated and I believe it was since May 10, 2008. It was brutal; she wasn’t honest after the murder and the letter she wrote to the family showed deception. I didn’t see any genuine remorse from Jodi Arias yet I did have the impression that Travis was emotionally and verbally abusive. Jodi didn’t have to go to Mesa, Arizona that day. She wasn’t even living in Arizona, she pre meditated this.”

Eta. My bad this link is for jury foreman of DP retrial

Thanks for editing. I thought I was losing my mind! because I have never! heard Zervakos say any of that. And I listened to him speak initially even though he turned my stomach...I wanted to see if I could figure out what made him tick. After a while, though, I didn't care to know anymore; just chalked it up to him being very closed minded.

I suspect Darryl could be a target. She might figure she'd eliminate him before he could give info on gas cans to LE. They prove premeditation IMO.

To me, any of Travis's girls were not a threat to her anymore since Travis was already out of the picture

True, the girls were no longer a threat to her after TA's death but I would still not rule them out as being on her hit list. She has to have the last word and she could have struck out at one or more simply because of the part they played in things not working out for her with Travis. Her idea of reasonable is seriously distorted.

I suspect Darryl could be a target. She might figure she'd eliminate him before he could give info on gas cans to LE. They prove premeditation IMO.

To me, any of Travis's girls were not a threat to her anymore since Travis was already out of the picture

True no threat, but she still hated anybody he'd slept with (Deanna for example) other than her, or even showed any interest in- Mimi, Lisa...And then there were the Hughes's- they betrayed her. She hates the Alexanders. Her list is probably very long for grudges she still holds. Juan and Flores are probably also now on it, maybe even Nurmi.

And yet when she went to AZ on her secret mission, she didn't kill Mimi, she didn't kill the Hughes' or Deanna. Her target was one person and then she left to go to Utah. Were the police concerned that any of these other people were in danger from JA showing back up in AZ? I've not heard about anyone connected with the case suggesting JA was on her way to kill more people, just seen it suggested on WS.

If anyone is interested, Google Dori Owen's interview with Sandy Arias posted on The Feminine Collective this past weekend. I don't know how to post links or even if I am allowed to. I feel sorry for Sandy Arias to a degree after reading it, but again, not really. I personally think the Arias family was exasperated with her and were relieved when she left home. I don't think JA loved them either, as she is incapable of loving anyone except herself. Remember when JA told Sandy she needed to read more and should have gone to college? When the killer never finished her GED until she was in jail? She was equally as nasty to her family.

We don't have evidence because she was stopped before she could get away. Just because she didn't leave paper AZ maps in the car doesn't prove that she wasn't headed there and was going someplace else. It's common logic, and she had many other targets. It's just a question of who pissed her off the most and was next on her target list. I strongly think it was Mimi because Mimi's name was on the ticket for Cancun.

It's interesting that the even-keeled, just another trial, stick to the facts JM has repeatedly pointed out in interviews that rented a white get-away car and loaded it up with gun and knives, and that he has hinted not very subtly at all he doesn't find the parallels coincidental.

Who might she have targeted, if murder was on her mind? The list is long, but my guess would be someone she blamed for forcing her to murder Travis--Lisa; or those she blamed for getting in the way of securing Travis as prey---Sky and Chris Hughes. Or..Deanna, because TA would have loved and married if hadn't been for his ridiculous inability to move on.

And yet when she went to AZ on her secret mission, she didn't kill Mimi, she didn't kill the Hughes' or Deanna. Her target was one person and then she left to go to Utah. Were the police concerned that any of these other people were in danger from JA showing back up in AZ? I've not heard about anyone connected with the case suggesting JA was on her way to kill more people, just seen it suggested on WS.

Well, welcome home. ;)

Many of JM's book tour interviews include JM bringing up this possibility, actually.

Many of JM's book tour interviews include JM bringing up this possibility, actually.

I'm thinking since Travis was her first kill (unless she did away with Doggy Boy), that it was a test-run of sorts, and since she wasn't arrested immediately- got to attend the memorial, she figured she'd gotten away with it and was going on to her next kill. She'd probably get more efficient, learn from her mistakes.

I haven't seen those interviews. Did Flores or any of the police either in AZ or CA warn anyone (like TA's friends) that their lives might be in danger? Afterall it was the police who were watching JA's movements, so if anyone would be aware she could be out for revenge it would supposedly be the very people watching her and closely investigating the case.

I remember when Scott Peterson was arrested, in his vehicle he had some items that indicated he might be on his way to Amber Frey's house, including either a map or directions written down (along with whatever weapon he was carrying).

I haven't seen those interviews. Did Flores or any of the police either in AZ or CA warn anyone (like TA's friends) that their lives might be in danger? Afterall it was the police who were watching JA's movements, so if anyone would be aware she could be out for revenge it would supposedly be the very people watching her and closely investigating the case.

I remember when Scott Peterson was arrested, in his vehicle he had some items that indicated he might be on his way to Amber Frey's house, including either a map or directions written down (along with whatever weapon he was carrying).

Who knows if LE did or not, but I doubt it, precisely because LE was keeping track of her, and arrested her as soon as they saw she was about to flee.

I'm thinking since Travis was her first kill (unless she did away with Doggy Boy), that it was a test-run of sorts, and since she wasn't arrested immediately- got to attend the memorial, she figured she'd gotten away with it and was going on to her next kill. She'd probably get more efficient, learn from her mistakes.

To be honest, I dismissed this possibility as over the top, way back when when lots of folks here and elsewhere first brought it up, and on through JM bringing it up in interviews. He seemed genuinely creeped out by what he saw as exact parallels to her first murder trip preparations.

I cannot link as I am on ipad. On FB, The Tr..l Di....(not sure I could put name) Troy Hayden reports bar complaints filed against Kurt Nurmi for releasing info in his book. I also read KN was being sued...but cannot find that statement again. Has anyone heard this or is it a rumor? (Having major thunderstorm and keep losing power and internet, searching is difficult...ugh)

I cannot link as I am on ipad. On FB, The Tr..l Di....(not sure I could put name) Troy Hayden reports bar complaints filed against Kurt Nurmi for releasing info in his book. I also read KN was being sued...but cannot find that statement again. Has anyone heard this or is it a rumor? (Having major thunderstorm and keep losing power and internet, searching is difficult...ugh)

They are probably true. Bar complaints seem to occur as a matter of routine but most often nothing comes of them. Same for lawsuits.

Did Nurmi release any information? I was not aware that his book was more than just his opinion often in the form of a rant. I have not read it but followed what others were reporting about it so can't say for sure if any sensitive or confidential info was supposedly released. I wouldn't put it past him but, on the other hand, I suppose he can be the victim of the rumor mill just as easily as the next guy.

We don't have evidence because she was stopped before she could get away. Just because she didn't leave paper AZ maps in the car doesn't prove that she wasn't headed there and was going someplace else. It's common logic, and she had many other targets. It's just a question of who pissed her off the most and was next on her target list. I strongly think it was Mimi because Mimi's name was on the ticket for Cancun.

The speculation that Arias was on her way to kill again is wholly plausible in my opinion. The most obvious targets of Arias hatred would have been the Hughes family. They were the first ones she manipulated (Travis aside) and the first ones to 'betray' her. Her bristling fury towards them was evident in court and in her lies. They were the reason she was cast from Travis' inner circle and behind her email regarding recognition before the murder.

IIRC others such as Lisa were scared of Arias - before the murder too - and interviews with JM provide clues. Lisa was the one Travis lamented losing. Arias had to know Mimi wasn't interested in him. Arias is evil, vengeful and calculating. If she was going to prison for killing Travis, I speculate she would have used the hidden gun and knives in her car to satisfy further her lust for revenge. The gun and knives are the strongest clues. Not mere coincidences - although nothing can be proven, of course.

They are probably true. Bar complaints seem to occur as a matter of routine but most often nothing comes of them. Same for lawsuits.

Did Nurmi release any information? I was not aware that his book was more than just his opinion often in the form of a rant. I have not read it but followed what others were reporting about it so can't say for sure if any sensitive or confidential info was supposedly released. I wouldn't put it past him but, on the other hand, I suppose he can be the victim of the rumor mill just as easily as the next guy.

I never read his book, just read what others posted about. We may not like KN but I do not think he would risk losing his license. The complaint most likely came from the felon. Is the felon allowed to read such a book in prison? Might be going on what others tell her and then filed.

Maybe someone can figure out how to find the doc stating there is a complaint. I am working off ipad...I was downloading an update to macbook and we had electrical outage due to a storm that popped up. I think it messed up the download and now i cannot get anything to open up! So trying to cut and paste from ipad is not going to work even if I found the information.

She had GPS. She joked about how bad she was at directions and IIRC mentioned the GPS.

I tend to agree with this, especially in light of what all she had packed for her "camping" trip. I had thought I'd read somewhere that DB had had a vasectomy though, so perhaps one of the other "alibis" required the use of condoms to pacify and disarm before she could "quench this thirst I've had since childhood."( http://jodiarias.blogspot.ca/ )

She had GPS. She joked about how bad she was at directions and IIRC mentioned the GPS.

Yes she did joke about her GPS(apparently she had it on her phone too, though not sure where I'd read that tbh). However, I'm more of the mind that she didn't require even the use of that because she was quite familiar with her destination/s.

The speculation that Arias was on her way to kill again is wholly plausible in my opinion. The most obvious targets of Arias hatred would have been the Hughes family. They were the first ones she manipulated (Travis aside) and the first ones to 'betray' her. Her bristling fury towards them was evident in court and in her lies. They were the reason she was cast from Travis' inner circle and behind her email regarding recognition before the murder.

IIRC others such as Lisa were scared of Arias - before the murder too - and interviews with JM provide clues. Lisa was the one Travis lamented losing. Arias had to know Mimi wasn't interested in him. Arias is evil, vengeful and calculating. If she was going to prison for killing Travis, I speculate she would have used the hidden gun and knives in her car to satisfy further her lust for revenge. The gun and knives are the strongest clues. Not mere coincidences - although nothing can be proven, of course.

Thank you. I hadn't considered it from that angle.
I was only thinking at this from the: I killed someone, I'm a suspect, I would try and eliminate threats to ME. To target people who might be able to tell LE they saw me, gave me money, gas cans etc....threaten my Freedom.

But she also knew she was a suspect, plus she'd given DNA sample...knowing she cut herself and left blood at the scene. That meant it was only a matter of time until she was linked. So perhaps kill people she despised just to do it since she's going to jail forever anyway

My gut though thinks the gun was for suicide but she's too narcissistic to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8