Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, offing someone on the memorial trip would be a bit unsubtle, even for the . Not to mention, she no doubt believed she'd committed the perfect murder right up until a few days before she was arrested when she realized she hadn't, but close enough.

I don't believe she felt the need to pack a gun and multiple knives for personal protection en route to wherever, especially since she'd already hid the gun so well out of sight that car rental peeps didn't find it when the car was returned. The knives? The seems to have kept them handy as routinely as others do Kleenex.

I think she enjoyed killing Travis, and can easily believe she'd have had no problem whatsoever killing the next person who crossed her, and therefore packed accordingly.

Agreed. There seems to be an assumption in the air that the condoms and weapons were intended for the same victim. I don't understand that assumption at all. More likely that she was going to off someone and then have sex with a "Ryan Burns II", to reproduce the so far winning script she had the first time around.

Agreed. How far timewise was Pasadena and Monterey from Yreka(easily within the 3 days she told her Dad she'd be gone for)? Iirc there were at least 3-4 possibilities, that we know about, just in CA. That's without even getting into anyone she may have previously worked or gone to school with and may have had unpleasant memories from. Didn't she say she had some books to return to MM, some household goods for DB, probably needed another phone from GS by then and hey, perhaps that old sword to return....

I was thinking she might have planned to get it on with MM after killing victim #2, and MM's role in knowing what JA was up to had to do with this second event and not the Travis killing. So, MM was in the loop in this second killing [plot] and not the first.

I just caught up on the threads.

I think JA was on her 2nd murder trip to kill both DB and MM. DB because of the gas cans. MM because he probably knows something. That's why she blackmailed him into the pedo letter bs. Isn't he married? I wouldn't put her sneaking some nudes on a camera of his or seducing him one last time, in a moment of weakness he gives in and she tells him that he keeps quiet about everything or she tells his wife. Or maybe he saw that gas cans in her car, simple as that. Or her saw her phone or heard her speaking to Travis, put two and two together, figured out she was going to Mesa. Well, why would she go to Mesa? So, JA tries to seduce him, tells MM she'll tell his wife they did sleep together. MM agrees to keep quiet because he knows she's crazy, but who thinks they know an actual killer. Then the stakes get higher. She did kill him, so MM wants to talk. That means DB will too. They have to die. So, JA goes "camping " to "return " things. But gets arrested. She convinces MM that he'll be an accessory so he has to keep playing. That's why he was never charged as an accessory after the fact because he really wasn't. JA just manipulated him.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Good question! Nothing has been established; it's all speculation that she was on some journey of vendetta to go off on a spree of sorts, to kill one or more people.

She got her mother to rent her a car and she packed some belongings in boxes (including condoms) and put those boxes in the car. She also had knives (or a knife) and she hid a gun in the guts of the car where it was not found until later. Those are the only verified facts.

Arias claimed she was "going camping." Police thought she was trying to make a run for it, so they arrested her. I believe what the police believed.

Making a run for it, and planning a side trip to kill someone else before running again aren't mutually exclusive, at least logically.

I'm sure the 's itinerary was immaterial to LE. She was packing to leave Yreka. That's all they needed to know to act when they did.

I would be interested in seeing a complete list of items found in the car at the time of the arrest. I know only of the gun found in the spare tire compartment, kitchen knives and clothes. I have two ideas.

1. Running to Mexico because she was starting to feel paranoid (we can never know how far she had finished packing and how much more she intended to take). I know personally, if I had all of those boxes intended only to transport to a far destination that contained items meant only for transporting and NOT quick access, I would put them in the trunk of the cat so my personal items wouldn't be in sight during restroom breaks, or whenever my car would be unattended. Alternatively, hiding the gun would be necessary for a border check.

2. She was on her way to stage a murder that would throw LE off of her trail. Maybe the Hughes, maybe Gus, maybe a plethora of Travis associates with no affiliation to her. Maybe in hopes thay LE would see theres no motive for the and thereby show it just COULDN'T be the who murdered TA because she wasn't involved with the second victim. She hid the gun in case she was pulled over/detained.

Who knows!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I would be interested in seeing a complete list of items found in the car at the time of the arrest. I know only of the gun found in the spare tire compartment, kitchen knives and clothes. I have two ideas.

1. Running to Mexico because she was starting to feel paranoid (we can never know how far she had finished packing and how much more she intended to take). I know personally, if I had all of those boxes intended only to transport to a far destination that contained items meant only for transporting and NOT quick access, I would put them in the trunk of the cat so my personal items wouldn't be in sight during restroom breaks, or whenever my car would be unattended. Alternatively, hiding the gun would be necessary for a border check.

2. She was on her way to stage a murder that would throw LE off of her trail. Maybe the Hughes, maybe Gus, maybe a plethora of Travis associates with no affiliation to her. Maybe in hopes thay LE would see theres no motive for the and thereby show it just COULDN'T be the who murdered TA because she wasn't involved with the second victim. She hid the gun in case she was pulled over/detained.

Who knows!

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/22/ng.01.html
"JEAN CASAREZ, "IN SESSION" (via telephone): Nancy, we`re learning some absolutely amazing things from a police incident report that we have just gotten hold of. On July 14th, when Mesa police detectives went to Yreka to arrest Jodi Arias, they found her at her grandparents` house.

They visually surveilled her from outside, and they could see inside that she was packing boxes and packing suitcases. They believed she was going to flee. They stayed there watching her. In time (ph) of that night, of July 14th, a car pulled up. She came outside to talk to a female person in the driver`s seat. They believe that was her mother. It was a lengthy conversation. It ended with Jodi going back into her grandparents` house, her mother driving off.

The next day, they found a brand-new shiny rental car outside of the grandparents` house. They subsequently arrested Jodi, executed a search warrant, and found in that rental car boxes of books of Jodi Arias`s. Intermingled amongst the books were two knives. In her suitcase was a box of .9-millimeter bullets, no gun.

Less than a month later, her mother was inquiring where the gun was that Jodi had hidden in the rental car. They traced the rental car at that point to San Francisco, California, and they found hidden in that car a .9- millimeter gun.
"

Iirc JA had either told Det.F. or testified that she was just returning the packed books to MM and that the knives belonged to DB from when they had the Palm Springs house and the gun was the one she had boasted to Det.F. she'd just bought(yet for some reason been hidden so well in the rental that it took close to a month to find it).

Who knows if LE did or not, but I doubt it, precisely because LE was keeping track of her, and arrested her as soon as they saw she was about to flee.

Not exactly, IIRC in the early days of the investigation the Hughes expressed clearly to L.E. their belief that Jodi did it, and that they were extremely concerned about their own safety (from her). Since it was early in the investigation L.E. didn't want to let anyone know outright that she was, in fact, the primary suspect, but Flores did indeed assure the Hughes that there was nothing to worry about because they were watching Jodi very closely.

I never read his book, just read what others posted about. We may not like KN but I do not think he would risk losing his license. The complaint most likely came from the felon. Is the felon allowed to read such a book in prison? Might be going on what others tell her and then filed.

Maybe someone can figure out how to find the doc stating there is a complaint. I am working off ipad...I was downloading an update to macbook and we had electrical outage due to a storm that popped up. I think it messed up the download and now i cannot get anything to open up! So trying to cut and paste from ipad is not going to work even if I found the information.

They'd only let her read it in Winter, so they can use her as a heat source.

Kind of O/T, but I'm reading Lisa Scottoline's book Corrupted and there is a D.A. named Juan (David) Martinez... what a coincidence!

I too believe #whatever :jail: was out to kill another person; I think I remember she said the knives were DB's? And she was returning them? Was it said "what kind" of knives these were? Kitchen knives or hunting knives?

TIA!
They should have asked her if she was returning them blade first or handle first.

1. Jodi lies. So whatever she says is most certainly a lie.
2. Police believed she was going to flee.

If your goal is to do a murder spree, why pack several boxes and luggage? That sounds more like fleeing.

My vote goes with the police on this one.

I think she was going to flee. But the items in her car seem to lend some validity to her story she told her parents. IMO it was a goodbye tour. She was either going to be arrested, try and cross the border or kill herself. But first she'd see the exes and spend the night for free on her way to Mexico
IMO she wasn't going on a crime spree. The gun was registered to her so IMO she was planning suicide or suicide by cop

She had GPS. She joked about how bad she was at directions and IIRC mentioned the GPS.

Okay, there you go. Then she definitely wouldn't be leaving paper maps lying around, even if she had Google mapped directions. I wonder if it's standard for rental cars nowadays to be equpped with GPS? Also wonder if it's possible to check the history on them, even if destinations are deleted??:thinking:

I think she was going to flee. But the items in her car seem to lend some validity to her story she told her parents. IMO it was a goodbye tour. She was either going to be arrested, try and cross the border or kill herself. But first she'd see the exes and spend the night for free on her way to Mexico
IMO she wasn't going on a crime spree. The gun was registered to her so IMO she was planning suicide or suicide by cop
ITA - and one of these days, when all of the seals are no longer in place, I think we will see a more detailed picture of our speculations.

Also like to add, Ft. Worth native, and I wholeheartedly yearn for the food of your people - Whataburger. I can't get it in Georgia!

Hmmm condoms in the rental car, that's right.

Wouldn't be used for all the ladies she (supposedly) planned to kill on this imagined trip back to AZ. Unless she was planning to give each of them a safe sex lecture before attacking.

Besides Chris Hughes, what other males connected with Travis did she hate and want revenge against in AZ? She hadn't made JM's acquaintance yet and hadn't met Flores in person yet, hadn't been arrested (yet), she was unaware of most of the other interviews L.E. was conducting or what others were saying. She learned that after her arrest.

And I almost forgot: she was in AZ another time after the murder, for the memorial service. Somehow she managed to keep herself from killing anyone else while in town, though it would have been convenient since she was already in the state and in the friends' presence at various times.

Condoms have other purposes, they can also be used to function like latex gloves/balloon to contain items. My daughter was just in a musical production at her high school. They put the body mics in them to protect them from sweat...

I think the odds are about zero that the actually contemplated suicide. Why would she? She was convinced up until the verdict was read that she'd be home for Christmas.

threatened suicide to manipulate peeps, wrote about in the abstract when she felt most powerless and sorry for herself, but no way IMO would she dream of marring, much less eliminating, the superior & perfected goddess she considers herself.

Agreed. How far timewise was Pasadena and Monterey from Yreka(easily within the 3 days she told her Dad she'd be gone for)? Iirc there were at least 3-4 possibilities, that we know about, just in CA. That's without even getting into anyone she may have previously worked or gone to school with and may have had unpleasant memories from. Didn't she say she had some books to return to MM, some household goods for DB, probably needed another phone from GS by then and hey, perhaps that old sword to return....

Based on my location and distances driving (without google mapping it) I'd estimate Yreka-Monterey 10 hours drive time. Yreka-Pasadena 14 hours. Yreka is very close to the Oregon border- very North tip of California, Monterey is 2 hours S of the Bay Area on the coast, Pasadena is just East of the San Fernando Valley(beginning of L.A. county and So Cal) - 6hour drive from Bay Area. Does this help?

I don't believe for a second that she was going to "flee" to Mexico; that would entail having a job and supporting herself, something she'd never done. She was always supported by mom and dad, or various men she "dated." As for suicide, not a chance..she didn't have the courage, and even if she were contemplating suicide, why the knife?

I don't understand why it's so difficult to believe she was on her way to do the exact same thing she'd just done. When deciding to kill Travis, she rented a car, she packed a knife and a gun, some luggage, and off she went.
So she accomplishes her murder, returns home, waits a bit; rents a car, packs a knife and a gun, some luggage, and was ready to go.

Don't know about anyone else, but when I go camping, or on a trip, I don't feel the need to stash knives and a gun in my car.

My money's on Deanna as her next victim...when Deanna was on the stand, Arias was beside herself...so fidgety and seething. Also, it's always Deanna mentioned in her writing...the letter to the grandparents, her journals, the manifesto; she referred to Deanna in the letter to the court regarding Nurmi and his lack of questioning of her etc
Her hatred of Deanna didn't abate over the years..simmering seething hatred.

ITA - and one of these days, when all of the seals are no longer in place, I think we will see a more detailed picture of our speculations.

Also like to add, Ft. Worth native, and I wholeheartedly yearn for the food of your people - Whataburger. I can't get it in Georgia!

Come back home for a visit soon. Friday I'm cooking seven briskets, ten racks of ribs, some sausage, dirty rice, charro beans and cole slaw for our daughters engagement party. Fifteen cases of beer and two of wine. Live band and dancing.

Whenever I leave for anything over two days I immediately head for either: BBQ, chicken fried steak or cheese enchiladas as soon as I set my suitcase down. Gotta have it

image.jpg

I think the odds are about zero that the actually contemplated suicide. Why would she? She was convinced up until the verdict was read that she'd be home for Christmas.

threatened suicide to manipulate peeps, wrote about in the abstract when she felt most powerless and sorry for herself, but no way IMO would she dream of marring, much less eliminating, the superior & perfected goddess she considers herself.

We know she didn't choose suicide but IMO she wanted to have the option. I don't think she thought she belonged in jail with the "common" criminals. She's a special criminal! But if she did choose to end her life it would have to be somewhere poetic and spectacular....not in Yreka. So she'd drive to the coast and do it on a cliff watching a sunset....or some crap like that. Plus she'd leave an 18 page note

I don't believe for a second that she was going to "flee" to Mexico; that would entail having a job and supporting herself, something she'd never done. She was always supported by mom and dad, or various men she "dated." As for suicide, not a chance..she didn't have the courage, and even if she were contemplating suicide, why the knife?

I don't understand why it's so difficult to believe she was on her way to do the exact same thing she'd just done. When deciding to kill Travis, she rented a car, she packed a knife and a gun, some luggage, and off she went.
So she accomplishes her murder, returns home, waits a bit; rents a car, packs a knife and a gun, some luggage, and was ready to go.

Don't know about anyone else, but when I go camping, or on a trip, I don't feel the need to stash knives and a gun in my car.

My money's on Deanna as her next victim...when Deanna was on the stand, Arias was beside herself...so fidgety and seething. Also, it's always Deanna mentioned in her writing...the letter to the grandparents, her journals, the manifesto; she referred to Deanna in the letter to the court regarding Nurmi and his lack of questioning of her etc
Her hatred of Deanna didn't abate over the years..simmering seething hatred.

Didn't she say she was going camping with eight men she didn't know?

That would mean she would need the gun in case any of them got out of line.

And I mean that literally...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member