Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Route 68, Kingman AZ to Laughlin, NV. Black Mountains ahead.

Attachments

• IMG_20160805_113933.jpg
    IMG_20160805_113933.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 37
Is there any reason we aren't considering this is where she stashed the rental while in T's house?

There's no place to park in the park. The cars in the photo are parked at someone's house.

Road alongside the park. Not impossible that she parked here, but IMO her car would have been more obvious here than on Bryce, especially since she'd have parked right smack in front of those mailboxes.

Attachments

• IMG_20160805_114930.jpg
    IMG_20160805_114930.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 41
TA's house on left, park on right. Can you see the mailbox street?

Attachments

• IMG_20160805_115424.jpg
    IMG_20160805_115424.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 45
Queensborough and Bryce side street intersection, view is on Queensborough, eastern side of intersection. For an idea of how visible she'd have been if her car was parked on Bryce, and how far (short) the walk.

TA's house is 3rd up from the corner, on the right side. BTW, the road looks much wider in these photos than in reality- camera angle, I guess.

For example, there was no way to miss me circling around taking photos...the roads are seemingly only wide enough for one car, and one car, even my fairly small Prius, filled the road enough that the I had to pull over the one time someone was behind me.

Attachments

• IMG_20160805_115938.jpg
    IMG_20160805_115938.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 40
There's no place to park in the park. The cars in the photo are parked at someone's house.

Thanks, that occurred to me after I posted, couldn't tell if the closest vehicle was in a driveway or a small parking lot.

On phone, so posting links is impossible. The YouTube of a fellow driving through TA's neighborhood (have posted link before, long ago) might be useful to watch in conjunction with these pics.

It's 13.56 minutes long, Google "Travis Alexander's house YouTube."

He actually turns onto Bryce at one point, after driving on the mailbox and park sidestreet.

A BTW about her COA appeal. Based on her attorneys' most recent request to supplement the trial record, I'm guessing they are going to argue she was denied her due process rights to a fair trial and the ability to present full mitigation because of trial publicity, including a claim that Alyce felt too intimidated by hostile publicity to return as a mitigation witness.

Queensborough and Bryce side street intersection, view is on Queensborough, eastern side of intersection. For an idea of how visible she'd have been if her car was parked on Bryce, and how far (short) the walk.

TA's house is 3rd up from the corner, on the right side. BTW, the road looks much wider in these photos than in reality- camera angle, I guess.

For example, there was no way to miss me circling around taking photos...the roads are seemingly only wide enough for one car, and one car, even my fairly small Prius, filled the road enough that the I had to pull over the one time someone was behind me.

So, when he had the big UFC-watching parties, do you think everyone just parked along the block, lining the street? I mean, that's what people have to do when I throw a party, but it seems really tight on that street, small yards (one parallel-parked car per house), and there's no driveway space.

So, when he had the big UFC-watching parties, do you think everyone just parked along the block, lining the street? I mean, that's what people have to do when I throw a party, but it seems really tight on that street, small yards (one parallel-parked car per house), and there's no driveway space.

Hi! I wondered the same thing after being there. Must have been so, on his street and on Bryce, maybe the mailbox street too. There just isn't anywhere else to park for blocks.

[video=youtube;8bFWrEf7mXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bFWrEf7mXw[/video]

Enrique Cortez (Travis' roommate) speaking/sitting by the park, talking about Travis. Good view of the corner.

(filmed 4/3/2016, part 1 of 2)

He does state that the double windows over the garage are Travis' bathroom windows.

[video=youtube;MU0JfN-rhqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU0JfN-rhqs[/video]

Part 1 of 2 - Enrique Cortez's video, titled "After Travis Alexander's Death"

[video=youtube;AX9iW3tHCs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX9iW3tHCs8[/video]

Part 2 of 2 - Enrique Cortez's video, titled "After Travis Alexander's Death"

[video=youtube;Mt5LfAUllm8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt5LfAUllm8[/video]

Enrique Cortez's video (7/29/2016) titled "The Grave of Travis Alexander"

A BTW about her COA appeal. Based on her attorneys' most recent request to supplement the trial record, I'm guessing they are going to argue she was denied her due process rights to a fair trial and the ability to present full mitigation because of trial publicity, including a claim that Alyce felt too intimidated by hostile publicity to return as a mitigation witness.

Yes, ever since the trial I figured this would head the list, and likely be the best chance to earn a new trial (as unpopular and gag worthy as that idea is).

Yes, ever since the trial I figured this would head the list, and likely be the best chance to earn a new trial (as unpopular and gag worthy as that idea is).

Whatever happened to what many of us had thought may have been perjury charges against her, as being the real reason she didn't want to come back? As for the media thing... given what her main fan from the AZ online rag kept reporting as well as her multiple "interviews", I would think that the PT could argue that the media coverage in fact gave her advantages beyond anyone's regular due process rights that doesn't get a televised trial.

Going back to the bandaids she used, I was under the impression that that was the reason for that one odd kitchen cupboard pic... 68.jpg

Belated Happy Anniversary, TexMex. I hope you have both had a wonderful celebration.

Whatever happened to what many of us had thought may have been perjury charges against her, as being the real reason she didn't want to come back? As for the media thing... given what her main fan from the AZ online rag kept reporting as well as her multiple "interviews", I would think that the PT could argue that the media coverage in fact gave her advantages beyond anyone's regular due process rights that doesn't get a televised trial.

Going back to the bandaids she used, I was under the impression that that was the reason for that one odd kitchen cupboard pic... View attachment 99484

Mmm. So maybe LE took a pic thinking that too? Looks like bandaids might have been kept in there.

About Alyce. I definitely remember the brouhaha with Alyce, and that JSS seemed distinctly displeased with the lady, before and after that session with her in chambers.

And as far as publicity and PR. The 's attorneys are obligated to trot out every conceivable argument they can, including that excessive publicity contaminated the proceedings enough to deny her due process. Doesn't mean that argument has any merit whatsoever, and I don't think it does, whatsoever.

Over on the appeals thread I posted JSS's rulings on motions to sequester the jury, etc., related to PR, and her legal basis for rejecting those motions. There is zero reason to believe the COA will think she abused her discretion in making those rulings, which is what they'd have to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member