Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, in the guilty phase trial, regarding the sex tape, wasn't there a point when Nurms wanted to show the script on the overhead screen. He was going to leave out JA's words? It seems to me, this would be an argument against JA's point that presenting the audio of the tape was his idea and a point of self-aggrandizement. In other words, he tried to present it exactly the way she wanted? He was protecting her, so to speak?

How gallant....:rolleyes:

Here is the minutes from the hearing on admitting the sex tape.
http://archive.azcentral.com/ic/pdf/0607arias-sex-tape-proceeding.pdf

All I can say is LMAO. That poor judge.

I can't imagine how that conversation supports JA's claim that this was a self-aggrandizing decision by Nurms. For one thing, Wilmott (astonishingly inarticulate) goes on and on about this tape. That's not Nurms. That's Wilmott. She's totally along with this decision.

Heck, this exchange would be more likely to support a charge that JM was grandstanding. He keeps tossing in the facts on the tape! Educating JSS. His examples do a masterful job of presenting his "truth of the matter asserted", but he does rather overwhelm with details. Contrast that with Wilmott and Nurmi flagellating around.

I'll bet the judge was even more shocked when she heard the tape was 30 minutes.

It's almost impossible to see any self-aggrandizement in Nurmi or Wilmott because they're tripping all over their words. What a mess.

IIRC the tape was submitted right before trial in December 2012. Juan said he never was in possession of the helio with the tape. I believe the one from 2010 was the one from her arrest.

Thank you! :). I'll have to listen to double-check which phone was said to have been examined in 2010.

Because...

In the Jan 31, 2013 chambers discussion about whether the tape could be entered into evidence, Nurmi says he disclosed the tape's existence to JM "probably before the first trial date," "probably sometime in 2011."

Nurmi also says that both Samuels and LaVa had already listened to the tape and (by inference) that he planned on asking both about the tape on direct.

Not sure if it's possible to know when Nurmi gave either or both the tape to review, but it sounds like Nurmi himself had listened to it at least one year before trial began (January 2013).

It seems odd that Nurmi waited so long to try to get the tape introduced into evidence. Perhaps because he & the weren't in agreement on whether or how to do so?

JM notes in his book that Dworkin authenticated the tape during his direct, eight days before it was actually introduced into evidence, and remarks (it was) "unclear why defense counsel travelled this tortuous road to it's introduction into evidence, rather than wait until (the ) was on the stand for her to identify the voices and give the date when it was recorded."

One of JM's subtle suggestions? Translated, he's asking why Dworkin authenticated the tape - 8 days before it was even introduced into evidence- when the could more logically have done so herself when she was on the stand?

We've known that every last bit of all things Helio were very hinky, start to finish....but confusing too, at least when it comes to chain of custody.

IIRC, in the guilty phase trial, regarding the sex tape, wasn't there a point when Nurms wanted to show the script on the overhead screen. He was going to leave out JA's words? It seems to me, this would be an argument against JA's point that presenting the audio of the tape was his idea and a point of self-aggrandizement. In other words, he tried to present it exactly the way she wanted? He was protecting her, so to speak?

How gallant....:rolleyes:

I think what that says is the got her way in every way in PP2, which is why it was such a filthier & nastier trial than the first.

(FWIW - I'll start posting my soliliquies about appeals & the civil case against Nurmi in the appeals thread instead of here in the more general thread. I'm enjoying reading & thinking about related case & constitutional law, but suspect I may be close to alone in that :D).

Other JM photos possibly relevant to switching of license plates:

1. Inside garage: the white door at the back of the garage opens into/right next to the laundry room. The white door on the right opens into T's side yard, just inside the (unlocked) gate.

According to the , she routinely entered T's house (in the middle of the night) via the gate/this side garage entrance.

2. ( Blurry ) photo for putting into perspective a side garage door approach from Queensborough Ave, literally around the corner from where she may have parked early morning the 4th.

3. We discussed this a lot a long while ago, but in the context of whether or not she may have taken one of T's plates to use: a photo of T's journal (the last one he wrote in), in his car, not on a seat, but possibly on the floor of his car.

The likelihood of Travis putting his journal on the floor of his car is about zero, IMO. It's always suggested to me that the was in his car, for whatever length of time.

Attachments

• IMG_20180211_092640.jpg
    IMG_20180211_092640.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20180211_092556.jpg
    IMG_20180211_092556.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20180211_092801.jpg
    IMG_20180211_092801.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 26
No! I LOVE reading what you've been writing about the appeal!

(FWIW - I'll start posting my soliliquies about appeals & the civil case against Nurmi in the appeals thread instead of here in the more general thread. I'm enjoying reading & thinking about related case & constitutional law, but suspect I may be close to alone in that :D).

and do you have a link to this....

No! I LOVE reading what you've been writing about the appeal!

Me too!

Here's a message from Tricia from another thread:

Hey Everyone,

We are looking for sleuths who are "rock stars" meaning they know how to sleuth like nobody's business.

If you feel you are an excellant sleuth do not be shy. This is for a possible TV show.

I need your name and a picture ASAP. Please mail to websleuthstv@gmail.com ASAP.

All information will be kept strictly confidential.

Thanks,
Tricia

Nurmi has replied (on February 9) to 's filing for the civil case to go to arbitration.

His reply: Nope. Not going there. His response, translated, states that the charges levelled against him are so bogus as a matter of law that the Court shouldn't agree to hear them at all; the case should simply be dismissed.

For better or worse, Nurmi is indicating once again that he's not going to go down without a fight.

Sorry to barge in off topic but wanted to let you guys know that the True Conviction show on ID on our case aired this week. It will air again next week a few times but here is a link, in case you want to watch online. As hard as it was, we were pleased with how it came out (although had to leave many things out, which will be covered in detail in my book).

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6er6qg

Question about latest Juan Martinez accusations: Could somebody please :tantrum: tell me what is going on? What is with the "social media blogger" etc?
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2018/02/13/arizona-state-bar-complaint-jodi-arias-prosecutor-juan-martinez/332195002/

Karen Clark, the self righteous & demonstrably politically minded & self-appointed crusader against attorneys she deems have erred in their ways, is seriously beginning to piss me off.

The Arizona State Bar dismissed her complaint against JM, and she just won't stand for it, apparently.

I long ago spelunked deep down into the highly suspicious and inflammatory charges she brought against JM, wondered then about her judgement, but am now convinced,IMO, that she's either crossed the line from crusade into vendetta, or that she's attempting to influence the 's appeals with these relentless attacks on Nurmi and JM.

She can have Nurmi for lunch, for all I care on an emotional level. It's another matter when it comes to whether or not the law is on her side in going after Nurmi, and her baseless and ugly accusations against JM are a different thing entirely.

No, no, no! Post on this thread--please! I really enjoy reading what you find and your thoughts on that. It really is instructive.

Sorry to barge in off topic but wanted to let you guys know that the True Conviction show on ID on our case aired this week. It will air again next week a few times but here is a link, in case you want to watch online. As hard as it was, we were pleased with how it came out (although had to leave many things out, which will be covered in detail in my book).

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6er6qg
Off to watch! Thank you Katie, good to see you. :)

Question about latest Juan Martinez accusations: Could somebody please :tantrum: tell me what is going on? What is with the "social media blogger" etc?
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2018/02/13/arizona-state-bar-complaint-jodi-arias-prosecutor-juan-martinez/332195002/

Kaddy- a less knee jerk reply about what's going on.;)

Don't know how closely you followed the trial and/or the retrial, so sorry if I'm telling you what you already know.

The penalty retrial wasn't televised. It was tweeted. One of those who tweeted the retrial was a gal named Tammy Rose. She was an unknown during the first trial, and hadn't developed sources of her own,or, judging by her trial tweets, much trial knowledge of any kind. She was and is basically a local traffic "reporter," flying about in helicopters.

Tammy wanted more of an "in" on the retrial, so she ingratiated herself with that "trial blogger" the Kieffer-twit mentions. Way after the retrial and the kerfluffle of juror #17's identity being leaked, and after Tammy's trial tweeting hadn't increased her SM following, Tammy Rose decided to insert herself again, this time by approaching the Bar with "evidence" that the trial blogger she had used during the retrial had been involved with JM, and with accusations that JM had been involved in leaking juror 17's name.

You can perhaps judge her intentions in doing so by noting that she immediately rushed to SM to blog about how she had been caught up in the drama, that she felt so bad about calling the blogger a tramp and a liar, and JM an unethical liar, but that she could no longer keep quiet about the explosive evidence she had about the wrong that was done to #17, and yes, to the . The trial might have turned out differently, Tammy tweeted, over and over, if only what she knew was known back then !!!!

Putting aside the circus & drama queen...

To think Clark's charges against JM have any merit whatsoever, this is what one would have to believe:

1. That after the years & everything else he put into convicting the , JM was willing to risk giving the a basis for appeal.

2. That JM was so desperate to secure a DP verdict during the penalty retrial that he manipulated a trial watcher and a trial blogger into having sex with him so that he could use them.

3. That JM used sex to have both women do his will. This included revealing #17's name DURING the retrial to one or both women so that dirt could be dug up on the juror.

4. That immediately following the PP2 mistrial, JM had the blogger release #17's name and Facebook page to the media.

5. That JM lied in the formal investigations that followed about how and by whom 17's name was leaked.

6. That the findings of the intensive juror17 leak investigations were completely wrong (they don't mention JM at all, much less accuse him).

And last, that the AZ Bar's clearing of JM after their year long investigation into these charges was not only wrong , but an abuse of their discretion.

That's a whole lot of hooey to have to swallow, imo.

You're not alone in that. :) I'll find that thread, I love reading your musings and research.

I wholeheartedly agree H4M regarding Karen Clark & these absurd charges against Juan.
And what really gets my goat as well is that all juror names from the guilt phase were posted on JAII soon after the guilty verdict and no one ever mentions how that may have happened. That was truly despicable.
How ridiculous of Tammy Rose, another “fame wh*#e” like the killer. She is still a “has been” reporting traffic from a helicopter in another city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela