Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since no doubt we need some fun while getting worked up about appeals nonsense, I thought I'd integrate the group's offerings regarding Jodi's "personal":

"Three hole wonder, 5-10-100 mm, florid liar, looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend match:must be a dildo with a heartbeat who can appreciate an Einstein-gal experienced at wielding a gun and a knife. Working on resupplying my KY—the real stuff, not the stuff you make out of Velveeta with jalapeños—fattening my commissary fund, and ****ling during non-contact visits. Will write letters to your girlfriends, grandmothers, and business partners pretending I'm you. I'm thriving at my current location, my home is newly painted—yes, I even have an ensuite potty/sink (lurve lurve lurve the third hole exposure)—the uniforms are a huge step up on the striped ones at my last position, and I love to be neighbors with the two famous women next door (they're in the newspapers and on TV all the time), so I'm not 110% sure I'd be ready to relocate, but I am an independent catholic school-girl-with-braids type, so if you'd bribe the hater-judge to give me an upgrade, I certainly would reconsider. While they last, I have 18 spots left on my visitor list, so sign-up is rediculously easy. Won't you just love it when I wake you up at 3 am to talk sexy, so I can blackmail you with your sweetness?"

Nothing of significance has happened today or yesterday or the day before or the day before that, so now's your chance, and I mean it. Especially 9-10-12-14-15 year-olds can get in line for phone call privileges, since now that I'm graduated from grownup Mormonism 101 and spiderman panties adorn my fantasies, I can hang out with kids (and adults!) of all ages, and.......if your parents object or you're wanted by interpol, no problem: just get around the system by using a fake name and blame it on Juan Martinez. My bodyguards will understand.

Unless you're a Mormon, I can't (and won't) pretend to take Mormonism seriously except when it suits me. Seriously. I'm a generous gal at heart, and would love to stick you into my heart (hmm privates) forever and never let you go 'til death do you part.

I made a commitment some years ago to rid myself of cravings for strawberry frappuccinos and Cinnabons (a major sacrifice just for you), so I can guarantee a slinky and yoga-limber-headstand-capable-honor-bound You-ness friendship. True, my face is lumpy, my pearly whites protrude, and the grey hair is distorting my princess countenance, but you can blame that on Travis and the Alexanders. I am (oops Freudian slip!) he is so perverted what can you expect?

Too, I'm sure you'll appreciate it when I criticize your grammar, which is almost guaranteed better than yours though I took a cocaine-inspired genius risk in dropping out of high school and delved into gothic-inspired boyfriends and witchcraft and hate my mother and bonked my brother with a baseball bat (he made me do it) and my bestest BFF MDLR gives me the twinkles and the twinkies just depending and my objectionistic pal lurves my professional and Flintstone-Wilma haircut advice, "mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery" but inimitably undoubtedly I said it first doncha know? You will be impressed I did kindergarten twice as well. And I can read: even that b**ch Demarte says so. I'm not just a princess, but a clever one, too!

Ooh, I forgot or not, in a fog or not, but what's a poor gal to do: I can be reached at 028-1129."

geevee, Thank you so much for doing all that! I started it yesterday but 'real life' called before I could do much on it.

Tennie Martin is apparently well qualified, but I was a little surprised at what looks to be an awful lot for COA to review. From some research on appeals, the consensus seemed to be to limit issues and avoid a shotgun approach. But then maybe the filings always look more scattered than the actual appeal reads...guess we'll see.

You're welcome Lin, I really wanted to do a better synopsis of each entry on the appeals court page but yeah, life in the way. Do you have any idea if the appeals filing the attny does will be made public, or will we only see this listing? I'd love to read the legal theory on each of these, we can guess but it'd be nice to know what this attny thinks are appealable issues. When I have an extra block of time I'll go through them again and see what mental pic I can draw from it all.

You're welcome Lin, I really wanted to do a better synopsis of each entry on the appeals court page but yeah, life in the way. Do you have any idea if the appeals filing the attny does will be made public, or will we only see this listing? I'd love to read the legal theory on each of these, we can guess but it'd be nice to know what this attny thinks are appealable issues. When I have an extra block of time I'll go through them again and see what mental pic I can draw from it all.

The heck with the legal gobblygook... where's the digital evidence and do we ever get to see it all?

Who is paying for all of these appeals? The State of Arizona? Jodi's whacky fans?

No, I don't know what is public prior to the ruling. The only appeals I've read have been after the decision, but I'll see what I can find...

eta: After looking at the COA website, only the decisions are available online. Copies of documents can be ordered @ 50¢ per page and are "generally completed and returned within 5-7 business days.":

Unless sealed or otherwise restricted, documents filed in the Court of Appeals are public record and available for viewing and/or copying upon request. Records received from the lower courts that have been sealed by that court will remain sealed in the Court of Appeals. Requests to view Court of Appeals files can be made in person at the Clerk’s Office. No file or filed documents may be removed from the Clerk’s Office by a member of the public; all viewing must be done in the Clerk’s Office viewing room.

Wow geevee - a BIG :gthanks: on posting these!! But I have a question on two of the above in bold and red below:

4/15/13 (Trial Day 55) (two hearings/minutes): In chamber hearing held, sealed not to be transcribed until further order, court covenes, jury present, discussion held regarding trial issues, court in rrecess.

Evidentiary Hearing on Motion for Attorney Misconduct and Witness Intimidation and Daubert Hearing. Grace Wong is sworn and testifies. Bryan Neumesiter testifies. Argument is heard on Motion for Attorney Misconduct, motion is denied. Argument for Mistrial for Witness Intimidation is heard, court finds defendant has not established any trial error and no basis for mistrial, the Court further finds the State was not in any way outside the bounds of proper behavior in the sealed hearing re: Alyce LaViolette, Motion for Mistrial Denied. Further argument is heard regarding the admissibility of the evidence relating to the victim's cornea, court find the evidence precluded under Rule 403.

and:

9/22/14: Jury questionairre and preliminary instructions are refines, it is Ordered that Vernon Parker submit to voluntary interview with the State, court and counsel discuss matters regarding threats received by defense counsel.[/b]

:waitasec:

1st one - evidence relating to the victim's cornea? wonder what this is about??!!
and
2nd one - threats by the defense counsel?? WOW!!!

and I guess nothing yet from Sheriff Joe's report?

:waiting:

Wow geevee - a BIG :gthanks: on posting these!! But I have a question on two of the above in bold and red below:

and:

1st one - evidence relating to the victim's cornea? wonder what this is about??!!
and

Hiya Niner! :) I *think* the cornea thing relates to the defense trying to show JA's reflection in TA's eye in the full face shower picture, it's the only thing I've heard or seen having to do with his eyes.

You'd have to google the second one and see if you find anything, I have a vague memory of something about it but can't recall any specifics.

No, I don't know what is public prior to the ruling. The only appeals I've read have been after the decision, but I'll see what I can find...

eta: After looking at the COA website, only the decisions are available online. Copies of documents can be ordered @ 50¢ per page and are "generally completed and returned within 5-7 business days.":

Thanks Lin, I hope a reporter will get the filings so we can read their points on all these entries, it will make for interesting reading if nothing else.

I came across this on my twitter feed, thought about saying something snarky in JA's direction but since she likely knows or will know of it, she's probably already chagrined:

---
MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio · 25m25 minutes ago
Judge Sam Myers sentenced Cudellious Love to life with the possibility of parole after 25 years served in prison for first degree murder.
----

I don't know anything about the case, I looked up the docket and he was also charged with sexual assault and burglary but the prosecutor motioned to have those charges dismissed, I would like to read about it and see why a person charged with these offenses gets the chance at release after 25 years.

ETA: Found an article, it's a guy (I thought it was a female based on the first name lol):

http://www.12news.com/story/news/lo...ns-26-years-after-cold-case-killing/27520049/

and:

and

The cornea thing has to be the "chihuahua" that JM supposed he saw when presented "evidence" in Travis' eye that Jodi was not raising her arm with a knife in it, or some such nonsense. This issue shouldn't be appealable, surely, since the State stipulated to it?

As for threats received by defense counsel, I'm sure they don't come close in number to those received by JM. As for the ALV thing, I'm sure the "unprofessional" behavior by JM was JM pointing out that ALV had perjured herself on the stand. Poor widdle ALV didn't like to be exposed as a liar.

A lot of these "appeals" issues were non-issues. This is a woman who confessed to killing a man and said he was alive when she slaughtered him!

Just in case some of you don't go to the Travis' Sidebar thread...

Ed Bark@unclebarkycom
"Murder Made Me Famous," 6-ep. series coming to ReelzChannel, is produced by DFW-based AMS Pictures. Starts 8-15 w/ re-look at Jodi Arias.

'Murder Made Me Famous' - New Original Series to Premiere Saturday, August 15, at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT on REELZ

"...The Murder Made Me Famous premiere on August 15 spotlights convicted killer Jodi Arias whose case triggered a flood of public involvement and social media activity. This past April, Arias was sentenced to life in prison without parole having been found guilty of shooting and stabbing her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, to death in the shower. The premiere episode dives into Arias’ transgressions and includes interviews with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and veteran AP journalist Brian Skoloff, whose book Killer Girlfriend: The Jodi Arias Story presents a comprehensive account of the investigation and events leading up to this dramatic trial..."

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/06/prweb12816855.htm

TONIGHT'S TRUE CRIME RADIO SHOW TONIGHT JULY 23RD. PAUL SANDERS/LISAB/BESSIE

TONIGHT Thursday July 23rd 8 PM Eastern join us for True Crime Radio. Go to www.truecrimeradio.com and at a couple of minutes past 8 PM Eastern click on the blue, "Listen Now" at the top of the page and that takes you to the live show on iHeartRadio.com

We welcome back author Paul Sanders. Paul's new book (released on July 8th) "Why Not Kill Her: A Juror's Perspective" is flying off the Internet's version of book shelves. Number 1 in Canada and rising on Amazon this is a
738 page detailed look at the Jodi Arias trial and the effect social media had on the outcome.

Also joining us is
Websleuths member LisaB. Lisa's ex-husband is up for parole AGAIN and we are helping Lisa make sure
hte parole board keeps this monster behind bars. He sexually abused Lisa's daughter when she was a young girl. Although he will be let out eventually we can try to keep him behind bars as long as possible.

I am THRILLED to announce a new segment on True Crime Radio called, "The Next Step". Each week
Websleuths administrator extraordinaire Bessie spotlights a cold case. Tonight Thursday July 23rd's case:

Wanda June Anderson
July 15, 1965
Nashville, TN
Click here to read about Wanda's case

Bessie said it so eloquently about the new segment "The Next Step: For every cold case, each passing day moves one step closer to an answer."

CHATROOM
opens at 7:30 PM Eastern Every Thursday

I see JM is publishing a book - will be out Jan.5, 2016.

From Amazon:
Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars
by Juan Martinez (Author), Lisa Pulitzer (Author)
Kindle and Hardcover

Makes me wonder if he is planning to retire? If so, I certainly hope it's for another opportunity rather than the AZ Bar complaint(s?). This article from Phoenix Magazine mentions two attorney groups working together on a "sweeping complaint" :

An Army of Juan
Issue: July 2015
(excerpt)
How much longer Martinez remains at the MCAO remains to be seen. More than one source in and out of the agency says he is angling for a national media forum akin to Nancy Grace’s, a kindred “they’re-all-guilty” sort with a knack for overstatement. He’s also said to be doing a book about Arias with a ghostwriter.

But Martinez still has a caseload, and more theatrics at more murder trials may be in the offing, something local defense attorneys are keenly aware of.

Attorney Robert McWhirter is now completing a sweeping complaint against Martinez that he plans to submit to the State Bar of Arizona. McWhirter, the supervising attorney at the ASU Alumni Law Group, never has gone up against Martinez in court, but is working on behalf of the Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice, a group that despises the prosecutor’s tactics.

He knows the Bar rarely punishes prosecutors, but says he is hopeful that Martinez’s “troubling body of work” will lead to serious scrutiny. (A State Bar of Arizona spokesperson says Martinez has no history of being disciplined by that agency.)

From Amazon:
Kindle and Hardcover

Makes me wonder if he is planning to retire? If so, I certainly hope it's for another opportunity rather than the AZ Bar complaint(s?). This article from Phoenix Magazine mentions two attorney groups working together on a "sweeping complaint" :

Juan has nothing to fear. He is NOT a corrupt or incompetent prosecutor. They do exist, I've just seen two 48 Hours shows about incompetent/corrupt prosecutors. One was the daycare worker in Illinois convicted of a toddler's death based on her false confession and evidence of a previous injury was suppressed. The other case in Texas- the new prosecutor Kelly Ziegler refused to re-try the defendant because it was a rush to judgement based on the word of the murderer who committed the crimes and twice recanted the other guy's involvement and he had a solid alibi. That prosecutor was recently disbarred.

Juan has nothing to fear. He is NOT a corrupt or incompetent prosecutor. They do exist, I've just seen two 48 Hours shows about incompetent/corrupt prosecutors. One was the daycare worker in Illinois convicted of a toddler's death based on her false confession and evidence of a previous injury was suppressed. The other case in Texas- the new prosecutor Kelly Ziegler refused to re-try the defendant because it was a rush to judgement based on the word of the murderer who committed the crimes and twice recanted the other guy's involvement and he had a solid alibi. That prosecutor was recently disbarred.
Whoa, I was in no way saying he is anything close to corrupt or incompetent, I think he's fantastic! But there are people in Maricopa County that would love to see him go for political, professional and/or social (anti DP) reasons. He's served quite a long time and may be ready to move on. He may be sick of the politics. Or maybe it's just a book and he's not making any changes, but most of the time books are released once the person is out of office.

From Amazon:
Kindle and Hardcover

I can't imagine Juan was ever cowed by all those ersatz complaints.

A book by him would be so exciting! Not sure why he needs a co-author though; the man is brilliantly articulate. Is this for real?

Whoa, I was in no way saying he is anything close to corrupt or incompetent, I think he's fantastic! But there are people in Maricopa County that would love to see him go for political, professional and/or social (anti DP) reasons. He's served quite a long time and may be ready to move on. He may be sick of the politics. Or maybe it's just a book and he's not making any changes, but most of the time books are released once the person is out of office.
Well I hope it's just a book because they need him! If not for the lone holdout stealth juror, he would've had another Death Penalty conviction, and he's far better than the team that prosecuted Casey Anthony. Probably he just wants to set the record straight about things he's been forced to keep bottled up about this case for years.

We were all kind of wondering who'd be first to write the JA book.
In no way did we ( I ) ever think it would be JM...

I can't imagine Juan was ever cowed by all those ersatz complaints.

A book by him would be so exciting! Not sure why he needs a co-author though; the man is brilliantly articulate. Is this for real?

Poor man probably hasn't enough time to do it on his own! :D Yeah, baby, sign me up to buy!

Awesome pricing, too. Cheaper for his hb than

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member