Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 8h8 hours ago
#JodiArias prosecutor Juan Martinez on his new book, "There is a lot in here people don't know about the case."

jmbook.jpg
---

I'm sure there is, and will be looking forward to the details since it seems nothing will be unsealed before the book hits the shelves.

This came through my twitter. There is an active link in case I shouldn't copy the entire addition.

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 12m12 minutes ago
The following has been added to ch 14 of "Our Friend Travis" by Chris and Sky Hughes, paperback version:

"Thanks... http://fb.me/6CYto1JqM

This came through my twitter. There is an active link in case I shouldn't copy the entire addition.

The following has been added to ch 14 of "Our Friend Travis" by Chris and Sky Hughes, paperback version:

Ooh. I think if she'd done something as awful as she was alluding to (having to contact lawyer) we'd have heard about it by now. I think she concocted yet another convoluted story in which she could elicit him to say certain phrases or words that she could doctor into one of her "recordings" for emotional blackmail. Or, in this case, her defense case.

And continuing to manipulate and trying to maintain control in every communication. Who on earth, but a controlling psychopathic narcissist offers a "deal" when they're not in a position to deal?

"Deal?"

I never even thought of that FelicityLemon. With all of the convoluted theories and lies Perry Ville Inmate #281129 conjured up, your thinking may very well be right on the money. With inmate #281129, her lies are usually just the opposite of what she is trying to portray. Thank you for putting this thought forward.

Ooh. I think if she'd done something as awful as she was alluding to (having to contact lawyer) we'd have heard about it by now. I think she concocted yet another convoluted story in which she could elicit him to say certain phrases or words that she could doctor into one of her "recordings" for emotional blackmail. Or, in this case, her defense case.

And continuing to manipulate and trying to maintain control in every communication. Who on earth, but a controlling psychopathic narcissist offers a "deal" when they're not in a position to deal?

"Deal?"

Thanks for the link. I cancelled my BK acct awhile ago and must have missed additional texts being posted.

Anything is possible, but I don't think she's referring to theft or fraud.

We already knew that there were 2 parts of whatever she wanted to tell TA, and about the "deal" line of her text. It's possible, IMO, that when he says he already knows, he's referring to having heard her phone was "stolen," but doesn't know yet that she set him up and recorded phone sex on that phone.

Her drama about many other folks being affected might have been thrown in by her because TA wasn't rising to the bait. To me, the most interesting thing about these new few lines of text is what they reveal about TA's state of mind towards her. He doesn't sound wishy washy at all. He sounds pretty disinterested in her drama, disinterested enough that days go by before he engages.

It's also interesting that he was already insisting on honesty from her before their major text battle where he relentlessly demands that she tell the truth. More than anything else, he sounds exhausted by her, and no doubt from her perspective, indifferent to her, and immune to her manipulative tactics.

TA was still in serious financial trouble at the time of these texts, and much of what he been writing in his journal for months was about trying to get his PPL business back on track.

I doubt he would have responded with indifference or forgiveness if he thought she was stealing either money or clients from him.

"Deal?"
I noticed how he kept asking her to call and tell him whatever it was in a voicemail, but she kept refusing because she didn't want him to have a permanent record of whatever it was she was confessing. :thinking:

Hi Hope, good to see ya around again.]

Hi MM.... :seeya::seeya::loveyou:

I agree with most of your hopes/ predictions about JM's book, save one. I don't think he'll dwell much on KN and JW directly, much less savage them: I don't think that's his MO and it wouldn't be very professional (especially if he remains on the job).

Best of all, he really doesn't need to go after them directly. I have a feeling whatever new info he's including about the butcherer --info her attys obviously knew too and fought to exclude-- will be damning enough, and likely revealing about the dishonesty of her entire defense case.

I don't think she "plotted" to meet Travis per se. A rich young Mormon, perhaps. I read Chris & Sky's book and it seems as though even Sky says the meeting between JA and Travis was a chance encounter.
However, after she met him, she was on a mission to snag him, no doubt.

Happy Birthday dear Travis.
Yeah, but Skye wouldn't have known if Jodi had arranged to be in front of that restaurant at the very time Travis was there. It could totally have been a setup. I'm not too impressed with Skye's judgement...

Thanks for the link. I cancelled my BK acct awhile ago and must have missed additional texts being posted.

Anything is possible, but I don't think she's referring to theft or fraud.

We already knew that there were 2 parts of whatever she wanted to tell TA, and about the "deal" line of her text. It's possible, IMO, that when he says he already knows, he's referring to having heard her phone was "stolen," but doesn't know yet that she set him up and recorded phone sex on that phone.

Her drama about many other folks being affected might have been thrown in by her because TA wasn't rising to the bait. To me, the most interesting thing about these new few lines of text is what they reveal about TA's state of mind towards her. He doesn't sound wishy washy at all. He sounds pretty disinterested in her drama, disinterested enough that days go by before he engages.

It's also interesting that he was already insisting on honesty from her before their major text battle where he relentlessly demands that she tell the truth. More than anything else, he sounds exhausted by her, and no doubt from her perspective, indifferent to her, and immune to her manipulative tactics.

TA was still in serious financial trouble at the time of these texts, and much of what he been writing in his journal for months was about trying to get his PPL business back on track.

I doubt he would have responded with indifference or forgiveness if he thought she was stealing either money or clients from him.

I don't think she ever sold any PPL. There's never any evidence she did anything with them, but go to conferences.

Yeah, but Skye wouldn't have known if Jodi had arranged to be in front of that restaurant at the very time Travis was there. It could totally have been a setup. I'm not too impressed with Skye's judgement...
Wasn't it Chris Hughes' brother (David?) who first met Jodi, and it was he (David?) who thought to introduce her to Travis? Is that perhaps how she ultimately found herself to be in the Rainforest Cafe inside the MGM to meet Travis? (that's for the entire group here to comment, Linas, not just you specifically. I only used your comment as a means to continue the "set-up" conversation)

If her story is true that Travis walked across the crowded restaurant and walked right up to her to introduce himself, I would tend to believe that he had already been told about her and was also already pointed out to him by either Chris or David(?) who were probably with Travis in the Rainforest Cafe so Travis knew exactly who to introduce himself to. Although I do find it strange that neither David or Chris would walk over to Jodi with Travis to introduce them to each other. Maybe Travis wanted to go over to her alone. That's possible I guess.

But knowing what we now know about J.A., her story of Travis singling her out of a crowded restaurant and then pushing his way through the crowd and walking right up to her to introduce himself to her seems to be a story only fit for a fairytale princess. Oh, wait... did Jodi say Travis had a glass slipper in his hand? I forget.

I mean, people DO meet each other that way, but more times than not there's alcohol involved and it's in a nightclub. Not at lunch in middle of the day when people are (presumably) sober. And certainly not at a wedding reception in San Diego in 1993. Ok, I don't want to talk about that. Anyway... what was I saying?

"Deal?"

* I agree. There was something devious going on with her. "It'll only take a few minutes". Yeah, that's cuz there's only a three minute time limit on recording phone conversations on her Helio. She knew what she was doing.

* I agree. There was something devious going on with her. "It'll only take a few minutes". Yeah, that's cuz there's only a three minute time limit on recording phone conversations on her Helio. She knew what she was doing.

bbm

omg, that's close what she said! At one point, she says five minutes, then later says only four minutes, but thinking you're right on the nose with that.

Thanks, I didn't know that about the Helio phones, in fact, I never heard of them until this case.

OTOH, I had a bf decades ago whose shortened name was Helio (short 'e', silent 'h') *strolling down memory lane with a smile*

:eek:ddsmiley:

Reviewing the chronology reinforces my opinion that her May 22 texts alluded to the sex tape recording, not anything financial:

Major fights dominated their texts from late March through mid-April, mostly related to TA’s anger and suspicion that she had been hacking into his FB but attributing what she found there to what (an imaginary) friend told her about TA.

One of these fights forced her into leaving Mesa. Her great bitterness about that fight was apparent in both her journal and her related testimony on the stand. It was this fight in which TA threatened to expose her as a twisted liar to both friends and her family.

Broke, driving her car that was due to be repossessed, pulling a U-Haul filled with what? Books and colored pencils? On the way back to a little bedroom in her grandparents’ house in Oregon, she detoured all the way to southern CA to pick up that Helio from Gus.

April 29. TA ASKS MIMI TO GO TO CANCUN WITH HIM AND SHE SAYS YES. (from TA’s journal). AND, IMO, WHEN THE CRAZY BEGAN IN EARNEST.

April 29. TA supposedly posts flattering comment on her MySpace page.

May 1. TA supposedly posts second flattering comment on her MySpace page.

May 2. TA supposedly sends tree *advertiser censored* fantasy text- the text she sent to herself.

May 8. Alleged date of phone sex.

May 16. JA sends long, twisted “recognize me” email to TA. (FWIW. Rereading it now, it hits me differently. I think its possible the email was another piece of planted evidence, intended to “prove” she had let go of him and they were still on friendly terms, and to suggest that Deanna was emotionally unstable and jealous (pointing the finger for suspects?). Much of the foundation for her “dirty secret” lie can be found in this email).

Link to full text of email: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Alexander-s-Journals-and-text-messages/page9 (post #133)

May 18. Helio “stolen.” (writes this in journal entry on 18th, and supposedly files a police report. IIRC, Nurmi uses her journal entry as “proof” that she thought it was stolen rather than an actual police report.

May 22. Writes in journal about arrival of replacement phone (that sure was quick). Same day she texts TA that she’s in a big mess and needs to talk with him.

I don't think she ever sold any PPL. There's never any evidence she did anything with them, but go to conferences.

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. IIRC, one segment of one of the trips they took together was a PPL reward she earned, in the early days. Also, in a text to TA, CMJA refers to clients or points or somesuch PPL thing that she gave him in order to help him meet a monthly quota.

I'm not familiar with PPL so maybe "clients" is the wrong word. BTW, Sky Hughes was posting in comments yesterday on the State VS. Arias FB page. She thinks that TA would have noticed immediately if CMJA had messed with his PPL funds.

ITA, sounds like she was trying to con him into getting on the phone with her, and he sounds like he suspected that as well, he didn't trust her that's for sure. Which re-enforces my belief that he had no idea she was coming to his house that night, I doubt that he even let her in. I think she surprised him, JMO.

ITA, sounds like she was trying to con him into getting on the phone with her, and he sounds like he suspected that as well, he didn't trust her that's for sure. Which re-enforces my belief that he had no idea she was coming to his house that night, I doubt that he even let her in. I think she surprised him, JMO.

I agree he didn't know she was coming that night, at least not in advance. I think there is a possibility he did let her in once she arrived, but about the same possibility exists that he didn't. I do still wonder if by the time he got in the shower he thought she had left, but she snuck back into the house. To me, he looks to be not posing in the first shower pics, then one or two where he looks surprised, and after that like he is posing against his will (imo, because she is standing at the shower door armed and either barking orders or has gone into a tirade of all his faults).

JMO.

Poor Perry Ville Inmate #281129 NOT, NOT, NOT!!!!!
This came through my twitter just now. Note the working link is included.
Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 23m23 minutes ago
#JodiArias experiencing depression in Perryville: letter to penpal http://fb.me/1n97NbYoo

Wasn't it Chris Hughes' brother (David?) who first met Jodi, and it was he (David?) who thought to introduce her to Travis? Is that perhaps how she ultimately found herself to be in the Rainforest Cafe inside the MGM to meet Travis? (that's for the entire group here to comment, Linas, not just you specifically. I only used your comment as a means to continue the "set-up" conversation)

If her story is true that Travis walked across the crowded restaurant and walked right up to her to introduce himself, I would tend to believe that he had already been told about her and was also already pointed out to him by either Chris or David(?) who were probably with Travis in the Rainforest Cafe so Travis knew exactly who to introduce himself to. Although I do find it strange that neither David or Chris would walk over to Jodi with Travis to introduce them to each other. Maybe Travis wanted to go over to her alone. That's possible I guess.

But knowing what we now know about J.A., her story of Travis singling her out of a crowded restaurant and then pushing his way through the crowd and walking right up to her to introduce himself to her seems to be a story only fit for a fairytale princess. Oh, wait... did Jodi say Travis had a glass slipper in his hand? I forget.

I mean, people DO meet each other that way, but more times than not there's alcohol involved and it's in a nightclub. Not at lunch in middle of the day when people are (presumably) sober. And certainly not at a wedding reception in San Diego in 1993. Ok, I don't want to talk about that. Anyway... what was I saying?

My qualification is that I've eaten at a Rainforest Cafe restaurant a couple of times. Does that count? They are large places. Hey- a restaurant that Jodi never worked at!

Poor Perry Ville Inmate #281129 NOT, NOT, NOT!!!!!
This came through my twitter just now. Note the working link is included.
Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 23m23 minutes ago
#JodiArias experiencing depression in Perryville: letter to penpal http://fb.me/1n97NbYoo

Yeah right, too bad she's so swamped with fan mail she doesn't have the time to write back to Garry!:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Yeah right, too bad she's so swamped with fan mail she doesn't have the time to write back to Garry!:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Maybe she had to wait until someone deposited some money to buy stamps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15