Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was so upset when she wrote that 12 page letter that she referred to herself as an inmate. I loved it. Then she writes about how he didn't impeach Deanna Reid like he was supposed to. She really hates Deanna. Personally I thought he was horrible to Deanna and did try to impeach her but he couldn't because she did not say under oath that she did not have relations with Travis.

And what about that business with Chaitanya Lay? I don't remember a text between TA and Chaitanya about them having sex. CMJA refers to it as a conversation between them but there would be no evidence of a conversation so it had to be a text she was referring to. Then claims TA bragged about how good he was in bed with Chaitanya. The only one that brags is JA. Just read her journal. She talks about singing and how she really nailed it.

Does anyone know what books were confiscated in her jail cell she referred to? She said she had written some notes in the margins and the LE confiscated them but later found out it was nothing but Nurmi refused to get them back for her. More code to you think????

I am not sure if TA and CL had sex, but they clearly liked each other. TA was kidding around CL saying that she should hook-up with JA. CL was very fond of JA, and did not want to come her an TA because several people though they were still together because they were always together. Hence if why TA had to get rid of her, because she was ruining his love life.

Butcheress #281129 should be real proud of herself, not only did she steal from her grandpa, she literally broke his heart. May his soul rest in peace. She will never be able to say goodbye to a family member all because of jealousy, rejection, and the fear of being exposed for what Travis knew about her... it must have been something pretty bad for her to silence him. Who will be left to claim her body when she takes her last breath?

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ve-video-jodi-arias-verdict-murder-trial.html

While Alexander’s supporters cheered the verdict, the news was a blow for Arias’ relatives.

“I’m very upset about it, but I have to live with it. There’s nothing I can do about it,” said Jodi Arias’ grandfather, Sonny Allen, by phone from his home in Yreka, Calif. “I don’t think she deserves death.”

Allen’s daughter, Jodi Arias’ aunt, Sue Ann Halterman, called him about the verdict shortly after it was read, he said. Allen added that it had come as a complete shock to him when police came to his house to arrest his granddaughter in July 2008.

“To tell you the truth, I would never have believed she’d have done it if she hadn’t confessed. She didn’t want to kill anything; she wouldn’t even kill a damn yellowjacket,” he said.

Obviously, she had grandpa snowed, and he wasn't aware of the disappearance of Doggy Boy! Who did he think stole his gun?

I get what your saying but I read the texts! She did dye it back after the convention in OKC. I think the car rental messed up when he said she was a blonde and got confused with her DL pic. JMO
No, I am sure she dyed it as part of her premeditation plan, because noone in AZ knew her as a brunette, and even if she was spotted, she'd say she was Mimi or something. I believe the rental car guy.

No, I am sure she dyed it as part of her premeditation plan, because noone in AZ knew her as a brunette, and even if she was spotted, she'd say she was Mimi or something. I believe the rental car guy.

She could have been a lighter shade of brunette? I read the texts, and cannot copy/paste from BK. H4M - Did you see those?

I just believe she dyed her had March 20, 2008. It was probably a darker shade of brassy platinum, but not yet?

I watched that interview with TH again last night and noticed several things. She always makes excuses for her own behavior, like when TH asked her about kicking her mother. She said she was just a teenager then and she only kicked her mother when her mother kicked her first under the table. By claiming she was only a teenager IMO makes it worse for her, obviously she was old enough to know better and still kicked her mother. No point in asking the mother because she would just lie about it.

We know why Nurmi didn't put the mother on the stand, he claims she lies very badly and Juan could have made her say a lot more than Nurmi wanted the Jury to hear. Patty was another witness that after thinking about it decided not to help her friend by lying and Juan could have got more from her than Nurmi wanted. Her sister was another, not so bright witness he didn't want on the stand.. so who does that leave??? Matt McCartney?? Matt had already posted on line he would lie for her. Juan was ready to arrest him and charge him.. so no Matt. Who else did she have to testify??

Did anyone wonder why no one ever mentioned Rachael her friend she moved in with in Mesa? Or the roommate after Rachael? The Freemans were a bust. Desiree was obviously very hostile toward TA. Her brother was more helpful to Juan than to CMJA so they canceled each other out. Desiree was sullen and obviously lying.

When you think about all the people CMJA knew and worked with, it seems very unusual she could not come up with any witnesses to testify for her. Darrel was not a good witness, Juan made him look like he was lying and he was. Old man who didn't want to marry her. CMJA trying to change her looks and drive a car like ex-wife, Darrel was still hung up on ex.

When CMJA told TH that her DT refused to look for a witness that saw her bruises, she had to be talking about Matt McCartney, but didn't the prosecution find him and talk to him?

One other thing, when CMJA gets upset, her language changes and becomes more common, like her use of "crap" "ripped the lid off" "it's a drag" "he's a bully" Also she uses similar phases she practiced "By definition" "water off a ducks back" You will find a lot of the same phrase in her journal and testimony.

If you read the journals very carefully you will find some of her favorite big words and unusual phrases and words in the notes she was taking of the lectures and speeches she heard at PPL events. One speaker, (I can't remember his name) used "edify" a lot, and another used "contemporaneous" several times in one speech. This is where CMJA got her favorite speech patterns. Remember, Dr. JD said she mirrored other people. She learned a lot at those speeches just not what she was there for. How to sell PPL.

She did the same with the Mormon Faith. She could parrot the words, but she didn't follow any of them.

Something else I want to know and maybe Hope4More or RickshawFan can answer. Does a potential witness have to talk to the Defense before trial or give a deposition? I testified once in a civil trial and when the opposing Attorney called me for a deposition I refused and my attorney said I didn't have to give him a deposition. Is it the same in a criminal trial?

She could have been a lighter shade of brunette? I read the texts, and cannot copy/paste from BK. H4M - Did you see those?

I just believe she dyed her had March 20, 2008. It was probably a darker shade of brassy platinum, but not yet?

IIRC she had died it darker before the murder trip - and I believe she even testified that prior to the murder trip, her hair was a dark auburn. But when she took the selfies on June 3 and the nudes on June 4, her hair was uniformly dark brown with no highlights, no auburn. So yeah, I think for sure she died it in Salinas.

IIRC she had died it darker before the murder trip - and I believe she even testified that prior to the murder trip, her hair was a dark auburn. But when she took the selfies on June 3 and the nudes on June 4, her hair was uniformly dark brown with no highlights, no auburn. So yeah, I think for sure she died it in Salinas.

I think she went through gradual shades of going darker and the darkest was when she got it done in Salinas. JMO.

I might have to make a slideshow of the shades of JA. ugh.

The April texts are there now. WOW!!! Some mysteries solved and a whole lot of new context.

On April 6, on her way out of town, the killer actually told Travis that she had regularly snuck into his house at night, slept on the couch, and had left before T woke up. She also told him that she'd drive around and around his house. Just to be near him.

Was skimming through first week and getting kicked off every few minutes, so not sure if this was in a separate convo earlier or in same one, but she actually seems to have convinced him that she did not slash his tires. (!!!!!!!!)

Travis tells Michelle L. that the killer spied on him making out with Lisa not once but twice, and had twice walked in on Travis hugging Lisa and telling each other "I love you." Same 2 times? Not sure. But what he tells Michelle is that although her invasion of his privacy definitely caused problems with Lisa, the other bad thing about it was that he knew she was hurting HERSELF. That hearing T and Lisa say I love you to each other " must have really hurt."

What a monster Travis was to care about the hurt feelings of his ex-girlfriend stalker.

Chilling.

On April 18th the killer told T that the photos she had taken of him shaving hadn't turned out well, and that she wanted to do another photo shoot of him shaving.

In same very long exchange of texts (this one is for you, Geevee) she goes on and on and on about her computer freezing and acting up and not being able to transfer photos AND she texts Travis a list of how she can get the photos to him by using......a memory card.

Last, he is asking her to finish up editing and typing his book chapter and to send it to him.

All 3 of these pieces of unfinished business came up on June 4.

On April 22 (24th?) the killer texts him to ask why he didn't reply to her message to him on MySpace. He says- oh that was for me? She says- why are you asking that?

He says- because you know I never reply to you on MySpace. I use my phone instead.

She responds" "well, change it."

(That is REALLY interesting, given the posts on MySpace to her by him (supposedly) ...early May, perhaps, telling her how hot she is etc. )

Same day he asks her if she has text he sent her 2 weeks earlier about a fitness stat.

She tells him no, that her phone automatically deletes older messages. She also says that when she looked for that text she came across "mean" texts he'd sent her, then adds, "don't worry, I deleted them."

((Anyone else see her laying the groundwork with all this)?

Timeline for June 4-5.

Last photo taken at 5:33pm

Killer makes calls beginning at 10;30 pm. First is to Burns.

She calls TA phone 4 times, from 11:00 pm to 11:53 pm.

For the duration of all those calls cell towers locate her between Kingman AZ and the NV border. (Kingman to Hoover Dam near border is about 75 miles).

I think Mesa to Kingman is 210 odd miles, or 3-4 hours driving time; she may have hit rushhour traffic on this leg of trip.

So she is Kingman area within 5 hours after dragging his body to the shower, had to have hit rush hour, and the drive was 210 miles (minimum 3 hours) to get to Kingman.

She cleaned up FAST.

Kingman AZ to West Jordan via the 15 would take her 8 hours to drive, going 65mph. ...about 515 miles.

She arrived in West Jordan to Ryan's house between 10-11am on June 5.

I doubt she slept that night.

Her trip sure slowed down after reaching NV. Midnight to 10am, the earliest arrival time, on 15 in the middle of the night fast driving (70-75 mph speed limit), and it takes her at least 10 hours to drive what she could have easily done in 7-8.

Time in LV? A stop to throw the bloody bundle into Hoover dam?
Never looked at this before, but totalling mileage, if she never went off road to dispose of weapons or what not, just drove straight out, her car would have needed to have a minimum of 300 miles worth of gas in the tank/gas cans to get out of AZ without stopping for gas.

You're right: she had to have done something between Kingman and WJ, 'cos there's too much time in there. And your figures are conservative.

I don't think she tossed the weapons and other stuff over the dam. Waaaay too risky. Dams have cameras everywhere because they are easy terrorist targets. Not only that, guards are going to be actively looking at the cameras 24/7. Tossing something overboard has the potential for looking like a bomb and/or some other form of terrorist activity. Stopping the car for any reason would bring out swarms of panda cars.

Plus, water levels upstream are raised and lowered at a dam: the weapons could easily show up when the water level was lowered. Plus, if she threw them downstream, they'd be carried somewhere in the rush of water, and there'd be no predicting where. And there was DNA all over this stuff.

I don't think she could have gone across the dam at all, because LE would have been able to see her car on video: they did not have a huge large span of time to look at. This task could easily be assigned to an intern, no one special. LE has to do this kind of research all the time. I'll bet this was one of the first things they did, before the EF interrogation, because it would have been an easy way of confirming Jodi was in Arizona and not where she said she was. LE/Bureau of Reclamation might even have software that'll give them all cars with a certain description in a specific period of time.

That "getting lost" story of JA's was ludicrous, 'cos she could easily have told him she was with a truck driver in Las Vegas for the hours she went missing.

While I'm on that thought.....She could have taken a shower in someone's long-haul ..... for a "favor" or two...

I find it really hard to follow those texts on Karas on Crime -- conversations with multiple people going on at the same time! But I will struggle through. :)

My first question is, on April 6, about 8 p.m., Jodi is heading back to Yreka and she and Travis have a brief back and forth about where are you, how close to Yreka, etc. Then at 10:27, he sends her the angry text that begins with "the magical michelle that nobody's ever heard of."

So what happened in between? Do we know? A phone call?

Same day he asks her if she has text he sent her 2 weeks earlier about a fitness stat.

She tells him no, that her phone automatically deletes older messages. She also says that when she looked for that text she came across "mean" texts he'd sent her, then adds, "don't worry, I deleted them."

((Anyone else see her laying the groundwork with all this)?

I was just getting ready to type the exact same thing.

Same mysterious problem Travis had not receiving Lisa's texts in January he has again with Mimi in April.

She sends him several text around the time she's sick and he puts things on her porch. He's trying to ask her to go out, she says she's texted him...he doesnt get them and is flipping out..Put stuff on her porch that night.

I find it really hard to follow those texts on Karas on Crime -- conversations with multiple people going on at the same time! But I will struggle through. :)

My first question is, on April 6, about 8 p.m., Jodi is heading back to Yreka and she and Travis have a brief back and forth about where are you, how close to Yreka, etc. Then at 10:27, he sends her the angry text that begins with "the magical michelle that nobody's ever heard of."

So what happened in between? Do we know? A phone call?

April 1 texts show that he is asking around to find out who the "spy" is telling the killer about Lisa and Mimi over the previous 6 months.

In that big blow up text (I think it decided her to kill him) he tells her he's wasted a week tracking down her lie. I think he checked every possibility then knew it had to be lie.

What I find interesting is how determined he was this time to find out if she had been telling him the truth. No more automatic acceptance of her lies. That must have been quite the blow to her...and threatening.

Thinking she ordered him to go on MySpace so she could capture his password. She posted those compliments herself.

BTW, one of the first things he said he needed to do, shortly after she actually left, was to get new credit card. Hmmmm

After the 2 very long very angry texts he writes on April 8 and her replies he tells her-

No, I'm not angry. Just worn down by this type of stuff.

(Included whole thing about her leaving the signed "art" at his house).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV