Found Deceased Serbia - Matej Periš, 27, left Gotik night club, seen running through streets, Belgrade, 31 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Niner

Long time Websleuther
Reaction score
I'm starting this thread for @mungos - here's some quotes from them. They were comparing this case to Aly Yeoman's.

In this case the day before the new year the young man left the club with allegations that the bathroom line was too long so he went out to do it in front of the club probably into the river. he never show up again. he was in a club with 6 friends. he even left his jacket in the locker room. after 18 hours friends reported him missing and when they checked the security cameras in the area they could see him running (!?) through the streets of Belgrade. on the last two video you can see him coming down from the promenade to the lower platform closer to the river ... and than swimming in the river.

we all thought it was over, he went on bottom of the river. I thought he took himself to the river ... and if it wasn't all filmed everyone would think it was a murder, someone else involved ... like in Aly's case like Michael Lizarraga is hiding something - so his friends were covering up drugs use. I copied it in Aly's case, both young and healthy, could an awkward mix of alcohol and drugs take her to a feather river? no one would believe that Matej did it to himself if it hadn't been filmed - like in Aly's case.
---------------------------------------------------

running thru the streets of Belgrade

Swimming in the River Sava @ 1:32

Map:
https://www.novosti.rs/data/images/...ad-beton-hala-klub-gotik-6_iff.jpg?1641242376

But in a few days things have changed.

The police and the father confirmed that it was Matej in all the videos but not the last one, all the videos are security cameras but the last video was filmed by someone with a cell phone, they don't know who, they don't know when (and I don't know what psychopaths you may be to place such a video in this situation)

also on the platform he went down there is a fence but forensics can't find his prints on it and it's hard to walk over it without leaving a mark.

also experts say after 1 kilometer run contact with 4°C to 5°C cold river would be instant body shock. even if his body wasn't hot it would be hard to swim in such a cold river dressed.

also don't have security cameras in the club today sounds impossible.

And I've asked mungos to interpret the 2nd video of the news caster.

@Niner
a forensic expert says information is constantly arriving and that the police are putting pieces tohether , also whether his cell phone was inaccessible or destroyed ... and according to the information at the time, the last signal was exactly where the security camera last recorded it. * later they checked the last calls and messages through the operator, but nothing that would lead the police on a special trail. it is important to note that matej is a tourist in that city and that it is possible that he lost his orientation and when he tried to stop the taxi he just wanted to go back to the club expert says. also talks about the footage but this interview was 6 days ago and experts now can't agree that he was filmed swimming on the Sava River.

https://srbin.info/en/pocetna/aktue...je-nesto-sipao-u-pice-poceo-je-da-halucinira/
4 Jan 2022
Mateja's friends: Someone poured something into his drink, he started hallucinating

SBM
"None of us would want to be in the shoes of Matthew's parents and sisters. It's really disturbing to watch footage that appeared in the media and shows him running completely lost in the streets. Many are now speculating that he was drugged, under the influence of drugs ", said the acquaintances of Matej Periš, who disappeared in Belgrade five days ago.
#more at link

https://srbin.info/en/pocetna/aktue...bedjenje-kluba-gotik-se-sukobilo-sa-hrvatima/
5 Jan 2022
THE WITNESS reveals that the security of the "Gothic" club clashed with the Croats

SBM
A citizen of Belgrade, whose name is known to the editorial office, was a guest at the Gothic club in Beton Hall on the night when Matej Periš (27) from Split was last seen there. He says that he remembers that a minor incident broke out, that the security usually reacted as it reacts in similar situations, but that he did not notice any violence.
#more at link

https://srbin.info/en/drustvo/oglasio-se-taksista-koga-je-matej-zaustavio-u-noci-kad-je-nestao/
5 Jan 2022
A taxi driver called when Matthew stopped the night he disappeared

SBM
Nenad, Mateja's father from Split, who has been wanted in Belgrade for days, revealed to the Croatian media that the Serbian police had informed him that a taxi driver who had not let Mateja into the vehicle had been found.
#more at link

https://srbin.info/en/drustvo/otac-nestalog-mladica-otkrio-policija-pronasla-taksistu-sa-snimka/
5 Jan 2022
The father of the missing young man revealed: Police found a taxi driver from the video

SBM
"I still believe that Matthew is alive and until someone convinces me otherwise, I will behave like that. Although, the more time passes, the less it diminishes my feeling that he is still alive and that he is somewhere. I constantly check if he is his mobile on or not. My son was independent, he was not a smoker, he had a programmed life. He came to Belgrade to celebrate the New Year with the company and now we are where we are. He was a good guy. Sorry, I speak in the past ... "
#more at link

https://srbin.info/en/pocetna/aktue...-pretraga-obavljena-od-beograda-do-smedereva/
7 Jan 2022
NEW DETAILS: Matej Periš is not in the river, the search was performed from Belgrade to Smederevo

SBM
TODAY is the eighth day of the search for Matej Periš, a guy from Split who disappeared in Belgrade on the night between December 30 and 31.
#more at link

https://srbin.info/en/pocetna/aktue...ih-kamera-koja-se-spusta-ka-savi-kad-i-matej/
10 Jan 2022
Who is the person on the surveillance camera footage descending towards Sava when Matej

SBM

The disappearance of Mateja Periš (27) from Split continues to intrigue the public, and new information about the case appears almost every day. A new mystery is a video from surveillance cameras showing a young man, who is presumed to be Matej, descending the stairs leading to the Sava, while on the same record, just a few meters away, there is another person, also in a T-shirt on short sleeves, even though December is the month. It has not been determined who the mentioned person was, whether she was identified, but also whether the video was really made on the fateful evening.
#more at link
1641052069-Screenshot_1-1536x835-700x381.jpg

Pojavila se nova nepotvrđena priča o signalu Matejevog mobitela

A new unconfirmed story has emerged about Matthew's cell phone signal

What happened to the cell phone?

The tabloid Kurir now brings an unofficial and unconfirmed story about how Matej's cell phone signal was last located near a restaurant on the promenade. It is a restaurant whose surveillance camera filmed Matej descending the stairs towards the river. "Base stations show that the phone is being lost right there, near the restaurant," a source told Kurir.

Matej Periš's father Nenad Periš also spoke about the mobile phone. "As far as I know, the mobile phone was not found, and all calls and messages were listed, and as far as I can see, there was no data that would indicate the conclusion that the investigation is moving in a different direction," Peris told Slobodna. "The cell phone was, as far as I heard, full of 75 percent at 11 pm, his friend told me, but as there is no Wi-Fi in the bar, and impulses are quite expensive, I guess that's why Matej turned it off.

For how many hours was he running around? It was also raining, so to be in this mood at this temperatures he must have been under some influence.
Is there a map where he was seen on video or where the cameras are showing him running? (Edit: found the map link, sorry)

One of the above links is saying they searched the river and he is not in there, but it is a lot od river, the Danube is huge and it can take quite a while if the body is stuck or with again the low temps to have it coming up. I just wonder if he got somewhere else into the water than what the search assumes.

Last edited:
The signal of the mobile phone of Matej Periš (27) from Split, who disappeared 12 days ago in Belgrade, was last caught near the Great War Island, at the confluence of the Sava and the Danube.

It is believed that the phone was in Matej's pocket when he entered the icy Sava near Belgrade on the water, and the last signal was caught about a kilometer and a half downstream, where his body is probably, reports Informer.

LOCIRAN TELEFON MATEJA PERIŠA! UHVAĆEN SIGNAL: U blizini Velikog ratnog ostrva poslat impuls, U TOKU POTRAGA ZA TELOM!

For how many hours was he running around? It was also raining, so to be in this mood at this temperatures he must have been under some influence.
Is there a map where he was seen on video or where the cameras are showing him running? (Edit: found the map link, sorry)

he ran for about an hour, but the difference in cameras was about 1 hour, they didn't know if one of the cameras might be set up wrong or he took a break and hid somewhere in the meantime. but they checked the abandoned spaces on his route and found nowhere a link to hide.

One of the above links is saying they searched the river and he is not in there, but it is a lot od river, the Danube is huge and it can take quite a while if the body is stuck or with again the low temps to have it coming up. I just wonder if he got somewhere else into the water than what the search assumes.

yes, Sava flows into the Danube nearby but they already have some experience in searching and have places with a great possibility of finding where it could get stuck. I remember the case of Aly Yeoman, she was found not far from where the truck was stuck. the body goes down and no matter river flows is it doesn’t necessarily mean it will get far, rather it will get stuck in the branches etc.

Matteja is Croatian and was visiting Belgrade for New Years. Here is some coverage from Croatian news sources.

Priča o nestalom Splićaninu dobila je veliki zaplet pojavom snimki. Ovo dosad znamo

Nova nepotvrđena priča o Matejevom mobitelu: Zadnji signal kod ušća Save u Dunav

From the above in English:
The young men, according to what is known so far, had no problems at the club.

"The guys from Split were not my guests, they entered the club without a reservation. Everything was normal. Nobody touched them or there were any problems," said the manager of the Gotik club, where Matej Periša from Split disappeared and was friends on December 30. .

He adds that he talked to his friends who told him that "everything was great".

"I asked them if they were endangered in any way at the club, they said they were not. I asked them if they were drugged, they say they were not," he added.

His friends saw after a while that Matthew was gone, but they didn't pay that much attention right away. This is not surprising, it is not strange that someone gets lost during an evening out for a few hours if he has met someone, decided to go to the apartment or out on the air. Things became suspicious to them when they found his jacket in the dressing room, after most of the visitors had already left. And then they didn't even find him in the apartment.

They reported everything to the police on New Year's Eve. What exactly they told the police, how accurate their timeline of events is, is up to the police to determine.

"Based on surveillance camera footage in the vicinity of Beton Hall, but also by monitoring his phone, the path of his movement can be determined with great precision from the moment he ran out of the Gothic club, around 01:40 after midnight. He then ran upstream across Karadjordjeva Street. to the restaurant Savanova near Belgrade on the water, and one video shows him descending to the Sava, but you can't see the moment when he entered the water, "said a source from the police.

"The search is made more difficult by the fact that Periš was wearing dark clothes that are difficult to see in water where visibility is almost non-existent. The police certainly take into account the possibility that Periš threw his mobile phone into the Sava and fled somewhere," said a police source.

I remember the case of Aly Yeoman, she was found not far from where the truck was stuck. the body goes down and no matter river flows is it doesn’t necessarily mean it will get far, rather it will get stuck in the branches etc.
If you look a the part you quoted, i did write that the body might be stuck, so we are on the same point.

However i have to say that i do not see much relation to Aly's case when looking on the surrounding or scene. This looks in comparison rather rural to the situation we have here. Maybe i can highlight the case of Irish visitor in Hamburg, it took 2 months to recover him
Found Deceased - Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

Policija otkrila detalje potrage za Matejem: "Dio istrage odnosi se i na mobitel"

Chief of the Criminal Police Directorate - Antonio Gerovac (Croatia)

"For the past two days, we were in Belgrade and exchanged information about the search for Matej. The Serbian police did absolutely everything they could, all available forces were engaged, and the intensity of the search continues as on the first day. As for the professional level of what the Serbian police has done, it is absolutely at the highest level, "said Antonio Gerovac, Assistant Chief of Police and Chief of the Criminal Police Directorate, at a press conference.

There are only words of praise for the meeting with Minister Aleksandar Vulin. "We have received absolutely all the information and everything that is needed. We have established extremely good cooperation, which has existed since the very first day of the report of the disappearance. "

'' We got in touch with investigators and intensified contact with Matthew's father. There is a working version of what happened, but you will understand that I cannot go into details now, "Gerovac said.

"With all that has been collected so far, there is no indication that his disappearance was in any way related to the consequences of any violent action," he said. He added that the Serbian police had done an exceptional job in monitoring Matej's movements from the moment he left the club until the moment he was considered to have entered the water. '' The footage was also reviewed afterwards to determine if it might have come out of the water somewhere and the like. We can say that a person dressed like Matej came to the water, but there is no one who can say for sure, not even a police officer. "

Gerovac pointed out that he was very sorry that the recordings were being made public because it was speculation. Police, he says, have reviewed all the footage and it is still difficult to determine everything with certainty. "There is a suspicion that he entered the water, but there is no confirmation of that, and the recordings are still being processed and sharpened," Gerovac notes.

'As far as opiate consumption is concerned, I can't say for sure, let's leave it to the investigation that follows. What was happening in Gothic and everything about the stay of the boys in Belgrade, the Serbian police made a detailed analysis of everything. For now, there is no hole in their movement that could be explored, and it is not. In order to prove opiate consumption, it is necessary to draw blood from someone ", explained Gerovac, who added that he will constantly cooperate with the Serbian police and that, if necessary, he will talk to his friends again and report all actions he can. I can help the Serbian police. "Part of that investigation also refers to mobile phones, and I can't go into details because these are our tactics that we don't talk about in public."

Gerovac confirmed that Matej's friends contacted the Belgrade police in the early hours of December 31, that they had passed polygraph tests and that there was no indication that they were connected to the disappearance.

"All the names that appear in the media and work on the case of the disappearance of Matej Periš are their best professionals. As for technique, all they have, and they have good technique, is involved in the search for Matthew. They informed all the neighboring countries and informed all the police administrations that are in that part, they were all informed that they are additionally working on the search, "Gerovac said.

"What we know so far is that Matej and his friends did not take part in any conflict or incident either in the club or in front of him," Gerovac said.

"For now, it remains unknown what happened and why Matej ran through the streets of Belgrade. The footage from the river is authentic, and whether someone swims or not cannot yet be claimed. The recording is still being processed, and it may be an object. I would not speculate about that until everything is known ", notes Gerovac, who explains that the Serbian police also contacted the manufacturer of the mobile phone in order to use some other technical variants. "They did absolutely everything they could."

Article titled "AN IMPORTANT WITNESS TO A MYSTERIOUS CASE?"

"The missing man from Split, Matej Periš, communicated with a girl the night he disappeared, and the police are now investigating what the 27-year-old told her and whether she knows why he left the club that fateful night and then disappeared.

According to jutarnji.hr, the police found that Matej Periš had had the last phone call with a friend, his friend̵
7:s sister, whom he called just before he ran out of the Gothic club in the concrete hall.

The police believe their testimony could be instrumental in shedding light on his disappearance. The girl is his girlfriend’s sister and will soon be interrogated. According to the Croatian Večernji list, she is still in Belgrade!

According to Croatian media, Matej’s boyfriend was not in Belgrade on vacation, but his sister was, and her arrival in Serbia has nothing to do with Split’s. However, he contacted her when he saw that she was also posting photos from Belgrade on Instagram on December 30th.

– Before Matej went to Gothic, Matej and his friends had dinner in another restaurant in the Beton Hall. They saw on Instagram that their friend was posting photos from Belgrade, so Matej contacted them with a message and then called. It was about 10 p.m. The girl sent a correspondence with Mateja to his friends and said that this was all she knew – according to the Croatian newspaper 24sata.

As it is said, the girl said that Matej wanted his and her team to meet later and continue the procession together, and that she would send her to the nightlife of Belgrade because she knows many people in our capital and often comes .

Allegedly Matej had invited her from “Gothic”, but she didn’t understand him because of the music and the noise in the club.

If this information is believed, it follows that she and Matthew heard each other at least twice within several hours of the fateful night.

https://newsbeezer.com/serbiaeng/an...-girl-several-times-the-night-he-disappeared/

(Note: used link above because 1) it's in English and 2) the other news sources in the article are behind a notice that I can't use google translate to English to be able to figure out what I'd be accepting lol)

@Unsolved
Do you mean this source? It was linked ar the bottom of the article
KLJUČNI SVEDOK MISTERIOZNOG SLUČAJA? Matej Periš je u noći nestanka nekoliko puta ZVAO JEDNU DEVOJKU - Blic.rs

It is practically the same as your translation only with one difference, which may happened by translation tools used to make the article.
The police believe their testimony could be instrumental in shedding light on his disappearance. The girl is his girlfriend’s sister and will soon be interrogated. According to the Croatian Večernji list, she is still in Belgrade!
It is not the sister of his girlfriend, but is the sister of one of his friends, who was not around but she was also in Belgrade and he discovered this by chance and planned to meet her.

Are there unisex bathrooms in this club or something? Because the line for the men's room is usually not so out of hand that it would be faster to go find a river to urinate into. Even if the river is close by. (Speaking from U.S. experience only.)

Also, is that even a thing? Most rivers in cities aren't really set up to encourage people to go up to them to do anything because city officials don't want to constantly drag people out of rivers. (Again U.S. experience only, but the images of the river kind of coincidence with this.)

Most people prefer indoor bathrooms anyway especially if it's freezing cold. Why wouldn't he have taken his jacket on this ridiculous errand if that was really what he was going to do?

Idk why he left the club, but i seriously doubt it was to relieve himself into the river, but even if it was, something immediately went awry. He ran past what looked to be open businesses (when he is running behind the people wearing coats), why not go into one of those?

He ran for a long time, tried to get into a taxi, etc. He was running from something. Obviously, no one is seen following him or the police would see this on surveillance, but maybe he just thought this for some reason. Also, he forgets he has a phone, i guess because he didn't call a cab.

Or maybe he got robbed and didn't have his phone or his money anymore? Then he got lost?

Also, just because everything was all nice with his friends and no one slipped them any drugs doesn't mean that didn't happen to him. It doesn't have to be the club specifically doing it. Maybe it was just a person who wanted to rob someone and this is their M.O. Maybe it usually does not wind up so badly.

I would like to add more details to this bizarre case. I have been following the case in close detail and I find it one of the strangest cases I ever came across.
I will add the timeline that I know of so far:
1. Matej Peris leaves Split in Croatia with 6 friends in cars. Three of the friends are his close friends, the other 4 are friends of friends and not so close. Matej has a girlfriend in Split and they are in a solid relationship. Matej lives with his mother, grandmother and grandfather. He studied Economics but has decided to start own business and is quite successful for someone who is self-made, he rents a yacht in the summer months and drives tourists around. He makes more money doing this than working in his field. His father is not very happy about it, he would prefer Matej to have a more stable job but he is aware that Matej makes more money in his business.
2. The group of guys arrives to Zagreb. They are all, I think except for Matej part of so called elite but I am not sure if this is important for this case.
3. In Zagreb they rent a seven-seater minibus and they continue to Serbia.
4. On 30 December 2021 they arrive to Belgrade around 18:00, they stay in two apartments booked through booking.com
5. This is Matej's first time in Belgrade. He is the most cheerful of the group, according the building's porter. The apartment is booked in his name
6. At around 21:00 they find a restaurant on Sava promenade called Amber where they have dinner. At 21:30 Matej sends a video message to his gf, showing dinner table with three bottles of wine for seven guys, someone drinks white wine and someone red. The gf did not get this message on time, she is working and her mobile phone runs out of battery.
7. The exact time when Matej and friends arrived at Gotik bar, which is quite close to Amber restaurant is not known. They see a line of people waiting to enter and they join the queue
8. This club accepts only guest who previously booked it but according to managers account they were not too busy so they let the group of 7 in.
9. Inside the group meets another group who they become friends with. This group is said to be from the town of Zadar in Croatia but there are accounts claiming that the group are the guest of the mysterious owner and they are actually living in Belgrade. Everything about the second group remains secret.
10. The waiter charged the two groups for the same bottle of whiskey which Matej sent to their table. There is a short conflict between the groups, the security is involved but all gets resolved quickly.
11. This bar is quite expensive but Matej pays for the bottle.
12. What happens next is unknown. Matej's friends claim he separated from them saying he will have a look around the club.
13. There is a concert in the club with a famous singer Cobi.
14. Matej leaves the club at 1:42 AM on 31. December
15. The police reconstruction shows him running through the streets of Belgrade. In lots of ways his route matches the Google map for drivers but in one area Matej changes from the route and uses a shortcut. On his route, although he is running all the time he is seen stopping a taxi but the taxi driver has another booking.
16. Matej's father claims Matej tried to stop a taxi three times on this route.
17. Once he arrives to the destination of Savanova restaurant, closed at the time because it works till midnight he stops running and walks nonchalantly towards the terrace next to the river. The camera sees him going down the stairs and it never catches him coming back.
18. Police shows an object in the river which matches Matej's phone signal. It is not clear whether this object in river Sava is a human being.
19. Matej has arrived on the terrace at 1:52 AM
20. The signal of the object matching Matej's phone in the river was caught at 2:01 AM
21. The next time the signal is caught at 2:06 around 700 m further the river and bizarrely next to the club Gotik, but in the river.
22. Next time Matej's phone signal is caught 2.5 hours later near an unpopulated island called Great War Island. Nobody lives there.
22. Matey has a waterproof Samsung phone but Samsung said this phone can only work for half an hour after it was in water.
23. It is not clear how even if it was waterproof how the mobile phone can transmit signals from the river.
24. The search for Matej continues in the river and on the land.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod
Back