Several' bodies found at Mandan, North Dakota business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the civilian vehicle belonged to an employee/employer and that person is authorized to drive the company vehicle.

I don't know why my mind goes to love triangle with collateral damage. It might be because LE seemed so sure that the public wasn't in danger, they didn't event alert the schools.

Yes, the timing is interesting to me too, especially since LE said they don't know how long the bodies were there. Despite that statement, I'm assuming the murders happened Monday morning, not over the weekend.

So...why were the owner and three employees at work an hour before business opens for the day? I can see the owner being there, but three employees showing up an hour early? Maybe the staff starts the day before it "officially" opens to their clients? Or, maybe a meeting was called for that morning?

I also am curious who called 911, but for now I'm assuming it was another employee showing up for work - but that is just an assumption.

I hope LE can make out the truck clearly enough on video to identify it. I would think the business itself also has video as part of its security, and I hope LE has been able to view footage. Let's hope the front door has a camera!!

jmo

Here's the article. Notice no other cars pulled into the lot from 7:04 until LE pulled in at 7:30. So IMO no other employees could've arrived after 7:04 but before 7:30. If the 7:00 arrival was an employee, why wait so long to call for help?

Robert & Jackie Fakler: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

The manager of a nearby bowling alley, Darin Helbling, told the AP that the police had come to him to ask to see his outside surveillance videos. One report says that Helbling’s surveillance video shows a truck pulling into the RJR parking lot at around 7 a.m. Four minutes later, an RJR company truck pulled out of the business. No other cars pull into the building until the police showed up at 7:30 a.m.

Last edited:
Maybe the civilian vehicle belonged to an employee/employer and that person is authorized to drive the company vehicle.

I don't know why my mind goes to love triangle with collateral damage. It might be because LE seemed so sure that the public wasn't in danger, they didn't event alert the schools.
Yep. Some employee could have just climbed in their Company truck, driven right to their work site, and never set foot in that building....... Catching whoever did this may be the only way we ever get the details...moo

Here's the article. Notice no other cars pulled into the lot from 7:04 until LE pulled in at 7:30. So IMO no other employees could've arrived after 7:04 but before 7:30. If the 7:04 arrival was an employee, why wait so long to call for help?

The manager of a nearby bowling alley, Darin Helbling, told the AP that the police had come to him to ask to see his outside surveillance videos. One report says that Helbling’s surveillance video shows a truck pulling into the RJR parking lot at around 7 a.m. Four minutes later, an RJR company truck pulled out of the business. No other cars pull into the building until the police showed up at 7:30 a.m.
Brainstorming here....

maybe one of the victims was able to call 911 before dying?

jmo

Here's the article. Notice no other cars pulled into the lot from 7:04 until LE pulled in at 7:30. So IMO no other employees could've arrived after 7:04 but before 7:30. If the 7:04 arrival was an employee, why wait so long to call for help?

Thank you for posting this info....... Something is strange here....moo

Another brainstorm...could this be a love triangle situation? Has murder-suicide been unequivocally ruled out? The death of the husband/wife raises some questions for me. On an unrelated note, I wonder if it is significant that this happened on the first of the month (when rent is due). Given the nature of the business--rental management--could this be relevant? Just my opinions and thoughts; thinking out loud here.

Names of deceased have been released: "Mandan Police Chief Jason Ziegler told reporters Tuesday that the dead found at the offices of RJR Maintenance and Management on Monday morning are business owner Robert Fakler, 52; and employees Adam Fuehrer, 42; Lois Cobb, 45; and William Cobb, 50."

edit: formatting

Brainstorming here....

maybe one of the victims was able to call 911 before dying?

jmo

Not that possible unless the victim completely relayed the wrong information. Remember, the initial call was medical in nature so the first responders to the scene were Fire and EMT. That is only when the 911 dispatcher has enough information to make the decision that Police is not necessary. A victim calling 911 saying "help me! someone attacked us!" would generate a police response.

Another brainstorm...could this be a love triangle situation? Has murder-suicide been unequivocally ruled out? The death of the husband/wife raises some questions for me. On an unrelated note, I wonder if it is significant that this happened on the first of the month (when rent is due). Given the nature of the business--rental management--could this be relevant? Just my opinions and thoughts; thinking out loud here.
It certainly could be a love triangle situation.

It’s a bit down the list for me, but nothing excludes it.

Murder/suicide has been ruled out, although that’s where my mind was when this happened.

A lot of mass murders end in suicide, and I’m always surprised when they don’t, atleast when the suspect doesn’t quickly surrender.

This is unusual, to say the least.

Edited to remove “shooting.”

Last edited:

Murder/suicide has been ruled out, although that’s where my mind was when this happened.

A lot of mass shootings end in suicide, and I’m always surprised when they don’t, atleast when the suspect doesn’t quickly surrender.

You mention mass shooting. Has this been confirmed as a shooting? My apologies if this has already been covered in the thread.

A lot of mass murders end in suicide, and I’m always surprised when they don’t, atleast when the suspect doesn’t quickly surrender.

Edited to remove “shooting.”
Unless the shooter did not accomplish all he (she) meant to accomplish, was interrupted and not yet ready to end himself. JMO

Sorry. No it has not.

Thanks for pointing that out.

We do not know how they were killed.

True, but there are a limited number of ways mass murder can be carried out.
I don't see this as a case where everyone drank the Kool-Aid.
I suppose stabbing is a possibility, if the victims were in different locations, and caught unawares.
But, statistically speaking, the overwhelming likelihood here is, shooting.
It's interesting that LE won't disclose how they were killed however, so there's that.

JMO.

True, but there are a limited number of ways mass murder can be carried out.
I don't see this as a case where everyone drank the Kool-Aid.
I suppose if there were multiple perps, stabbing would be possible.
But, statistically speaking, the overwhelming likelihood here is, shooting.
It's interesting that LE won't disclose how they were killed however, so there's that.

JMO.
If a lone person did this, which is statistically probable, then a knife still could have been used.

In that scenario, a gun could be used to control them, and he could have restrained them in some way.

The place was (relatively) isolated though, so I’m not sure that noise would be a major concern.

But they still could have been restrained and stabbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme