Several' bodies found at Mandan, North Dakota business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

They’ll wait until the coroner makes an official determination.

Hopefully that happens later today.

Even then they still might not release it, but in most cases I’ve followed, they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

This post from iNewZ TV supposedly has the 7:41 am LE dispatch. It says cardiac arrest and other persons injured.

If this isn’t a good source then I’ll delete it.

Weird.
Is it possible that as other employee(s) walked in to work in the morning and saw the horrific crime scene, one of them had a cardiac event as a result? With someone else calling 911?

Weird.
Is it possible that another employee walked in, saw the horrific crime scene and had a cardiac event as a result?

That’s my thought but articles have said no other vehicles were on the bowling alley’s video except the truck that parked in the parking lot shortly after 7 am, and then an RJR maintenance truck pulled out 4 minutes later - which would fit an employee coming to work, getting in his work truck and driving away, thus not even seeing the carnage in the office.

That’s my thought but articles have said no other vehicles were on the bowling alley’s video except the truck that parked in the parking lot shortly after 7 am, and then an RJR maintenance truck pulled out 4 minutes later - which would fit an employee coming to work, getting in his work truck and driving away, thus not even seeing the carnage in the office.

Yeah, but the call came in at 7:41 that morning.
So, that would be later on.

JMO.

April 2, 3:32pm

'All I Know Is My Parents Are Gone': Cops Looking For Suspect After 4 Killed In North Dakota Workplace Tragedy

Mandan Police Chief Jason Ziegler didn't say how the victims died and gave little additional detail on the investigation, except to say again that authorities don't believe the public is at risk. He declined to talk about motive and said no weapon was recovered.

"This incident was specific to the victims," Ziegler said. "We do not believe the public is in danger."

Police found the bodies Monday morning after a medical call to RJR Maintenance and Management. Ziegler identified the dead as owner Robert Fakler, 52; and employees Adam Fuehrer, 42, Lois Cobb, 45, and William Cobb, 50.

Briann Miller had identified the Cobbs — her mother and stepfather — to The Associated Press as victims of the attack. She said authorities gave her no details on how they died.

"I just know that it was an attack," Miller said. "I don't know how it happened, what it happened with. I'm left in the dark still. None of this makes any sense. All I know is my parents are gone."

BBM

Robert Fakler
<modsnip: named individual is not one of the victims>

FB links. I can delete them if necessary.
Not much info.

What a strange case. I do agree that in order to stab them, the perp had to have used a gun or other weapon to threaten them.

Stabbing would take a while -- note that I've only movie experience for for such a crime -- and surely some would flee at the start of the attack ?

Seems like I'm posting in circles , without anything new of substance to sleuth.

Thought after checking on the now-ended presser that he said more than once , "..I cannot reply to that (question)..." What the heck ? If you hold a presser, answer questions. At least some questions.

Trying to consider that LE need to be tight-lipped , lest they alert the perp. Isn't it a little late for that ?
The perp knows LE are looking for him/her !

By now, the perp (assuming there's only one) would've thrown away the knife, gun, etc. So it's not like the perp isn't nervous. Has anyone noticed a friend or relative acting unusual ?

<modsnip: sleuthing other than victim or officially named POI/suspect>

Not sure if it ties into this tragedy. But it's possible this was a domestic dispute or a disgruntled employee.

Just don't think it was some random perp that stopped by ; but rather someone who knew who was going to be there that morning.

With the truck that was caught on surveillance pulling in around 7am and the company truck leaving-- I really thought there'd be an arrest by now.
Or at least a poi.

I've a notion who the poi/suspect could be... but it's not going to be popular and I'm just speculating.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Latest: Clients of slain company owner say he was kind

"Some clients of a North Dakota property management company owner who was killed along with three employees say he was kind and hard-working.

Police say 52-year-old Robert Fakler owned RJR Maintenance and Management Company in Mandan. He was killed along with fellow employees 42-year-old Adam Fuehrer, 45-year-old Lois Cobb and her husband, 50-year-old Bill Cobb.

Ann Farrell, of Bismarck, fought backs tears as she talked about a conversation she had with Fakler the night before he was found dead. She said he was "very cheerful, very much in a good mood."

Farrell's brother, Rolf Eggers, says Fakler was "kind and cheerful" and he wishes he could turn back time and warn him.

Police have not identified a suspect or a motive. They also have not said how the victims died."

----------------
BBM. Interesting comment about the night before the attack...

I wonder if the killer was after a specific person and the others were just there, in the wrong place, etc, as they say. If 1 person was targeted due to some personal reason, I I'd think it would be easier to kill that person in a semi-isolated building early in the morning rather than right at home, where the killer would be more easily identified (or suspected) because of the location and the specific victim. This way, it appears more like a disgruntled employee or renter who killed them all for that reason. Out on a limb here, but since we have no more to go on and the public has been told they are not in any danger...then you know, JMO

I wanted to write a post partly to gather my thoughts on this and partly because more brains and eyeballs are better. :)
I also wanted to concentrate on what we do know and what we don't know, based on the limited amount of information that has become available.

Point 1: This is a homicide.
Being one of the details openly shared from the first press conference, it shows that the police is very confident in this assessment. It can range from the fact that no four people can have massive heart attacks at the same time but also because of the scene. I lean towards the latter because of the confidence and additional information the Chief gives speaking about this matter during the press conference. So my key assumption is that the scene has visual indicators that the deaths were not natural (bullet holes, stab wounds, etc).

Point 2: We do not know how long the bodies were there.
This actually bugs me a lot. No mention of them arriving Monday when they have surveillance of the POV truck coming in and the work truck leaving. Why leave that detail out? Also, if the victims arrived way earlier or the previous day, wouldn't it make more sense to check if the killer arrived with them? In that scenario (which I am much more inclined to believe at this point) the POV truck arriving and work truck leaving seems disconnected (as someone already pointed out, it could be a worker arriving, taking their work truck and leaving without going in the office).

Point 3: The call.
The initial 911 call was medical in nature. Imagine if you are at work, one of your coworkers collapses and you have to call 911. That's what we are talking about here. In that case, the dispatcher will gather the information, determine that police presence is not needed and send out fire and EMT. So who made the call and what did they say to make dispatch believe this was only medical? Perhaps the killer? But why? Wouldn't they need all the time in the world to make a clean getaway? The time of the call is also suspect. If the call came in at 730am that means that the POV truck and the work truck (see above) are still at play as suspect especially if the call came from the office landline. What I mean by this: 911 calls give certain information to dispatch and land lines would expose their address. In today's age however most calls are made via cell phones and therefore dispatch would have just a general idea of the location. Assuming the killer made the 911 call, it is possible that they were still in the area watching the scene, worker arrived but did not go inside to see the bodies leaving with the work truck, and then killer made the call via cell giving the location in order for the authorities to discover the crime scene. But again...why?

Point 4: Chief describes the scene as "rare".
This is also something that bugs me. We live in a society where a workplace shooting would already be the main headline and we would have all moved on to examining the who and the motive. Yet in this case we have next to nothing and this peculiar remark from police. What makes the scene rare? Were the victims posed? Is the manner of death so peculiar (not shooting or stabbing) that makes this particular case "rare"?

Point 5: Additional agencies have offered support but so far they are not called in to help.
So somehow they believe no further assistance is needed at this time. Assume for a second the killer used a bomb somehow. ATF would be assuming that case or would at the very least be present at the scene.

Point 6: Scene is already wrapped up.
Again, this goes contrary to everything else. If they have already gathered all the evidence they need why such secrecy?

Point 7: Police continues to say that the public is safe.
Even if someone targets and kills someone, if they are on the run the public by definition is not really safe. This is now a killer who has absolutely nothing to lose. They can kill/carjack/kidnap their way away from authorities. This statement falls so flat in my opinion that the only way it makes sense is only if the authorities have either already arrested someone in connection to this crime and are just building their case or is a very very inept way of trying to avoid panic. As we see, the lack of information here is much more worrisome in terms of the public.

There are other thoughts going through my mind but those are the main points that make me interested in this case and make it unusual in terms of previous events. Interested in your thoughts. Thank you.

I wanted to write a post partly to gather my thoughts on this and partly because more brains and eyeballs are better. :)
I also wanted to concentrate on what we do know and what we don't know, based on the limited amount of information that has become available.

Point 1: This is a homicide.
Being one of the details openly shared from the first press conference, it shows that the police is very confident in this assessment. It can range from the fact that no four people can have massive heart attacks at the same time but also because of the scene. I lean towards the latter because of the confidence and additional information the Chief gives speaking about this matter during the press conference. So my key assumption is that the scene has visual indicators that the deaths were not natural (bullet holes, stab wounds, etc).

Point 2: We do not know how long the bodies were there.
This actually bugs me a lot. No mention of them arriving Monday when they have surveillance of the POV truck coming in and the work truck leaving. Why leave that detail out? Also, if the victims arrived way earlier or the previous day, wouldn't it make more sense to check if the killer arrived with them? In that scenario (which I am much more inclined to believe at this point) the POV truck arriving and work truck leaving seems disconnected (as someone already pointed out, it could be a worker arriving, taking their work truck and leaving without going in the office).

Point 3: The call.
The initial 911 call was medical in nature. Imagine if you are at work, one of your coworkers collapses and you have to call 911. That's what we are talking about here. In that case, the dispatcher will gather the information, determine that police presence is not needed and send out fire and EMT. So who made the call and what did they say to make dispatch believe this was only medical? Perhaps the killer? But why? Wouldn't they need all the time in the world to make a clean getaway? The time of the call is also suspect. If the call came in at 730am that means that the POV truck and the work truck (see above) are still at play as suspect especially if the call came from the office landline. What I mean by this: 911 calls give certain information to dispatch and land lines would expose their address. In today's age however most calls are made via cell phones and therefore dispatch would have just a general idea of the location. Assuming the killer made the 911 call, it is possible that they were still in the area watching the scene, worker arrived but did not go inside to see the bodies leaving with the work truck, and then killer made the call via cell giving the location in order for the authorities to discover the crime scene. But again...why?

Point 4: Chief describes the scene as "rare".
This is also something that bugs me. We live in a society where a workplace shooting would already be the main headline and we would have all moved on to examining the who and the motive. Yet in this case we have next to nothing and this peculiar remark from police. What makes the scene rare? Were the victims posed? Is the manner of death so peculiar (not shooting or stabbing) that makes this particular case "rare"?

Point 5: Additional agencies have offered support but so far they are not called in to help.
So somehow they believe no further assistance is needed at this time. Assume for a second the killer used a bomb somehow. ATF would be assuming that case or would at the very least be present at the scene.

Point 6: Scene is already wrapped up.
Again, this goes contrary to everything else. If they have already gathered all the evidence they need why such secrecy?

Point 7: Police continues to say that the public is safe.
Even if someone targets and kills someone, if they are on the run the public by definition is not really safe. This is now a killer who has absolutely nothing to lose. They can kill/carjack/kidnap their way away from authorities. This statement falls so flat in my opinion that the only way it makes sense is only if the authorities have either already arrested someone in connection to this crime and are just building their case or is a very very inept way of trying to avoid panic. As we see, the lack of information here is much more worrisome in terms of the public.

There are other thoughts going through my mind but those are the main points that make me interested in this case and make it unusual in terms of previous events. Interested in your thoughts. Thank you.
Great post....... On Point 2 - It has been posted in a MSM link that Mr. Fakler was talked to/seen by a friend the night before the crime scene was discovered......moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme