Severe Weather 2013 Spring, Summer and Fall

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man tried to free the horses to give them a chance.
He's lucky to be alive per me. Says it was 'just like the movie Twister."
He's an excercise rider so he lived there. His area is in rubbles.
Only one horse left out of all of them - he said 'might have' only one horse left. OMG! Eighty horses or so stabled there.

KOCO just had woman asking people to get off the roads. Emergency responders cannot get to trapped people.

Here in NJ (hurricanes),governor mandates NOONE can be on roads. Why doesn't Gov of Oklahoma do the same ?

Hoping Wfgodot is okay.

Only 75 people TOTAL were in Briarwood Elementary??
That's awesome, I expected many more!

This is heart breaking. I wish I could help.

Get OFF I-35! You are blocking first responders!

These people running through the school... omg.

KOCO just had woman asking people to get off the roads. Emergency responders cannot get to trapped people.

Here in NJ (hurricanes),governor mandates NOONE can be on roads. Why doesn't Gov of Oklahoma do the same ?

Hoping Wfgodot is okay.
Oklahoma City's a couple hours southwest of me so I'm not in line for those storms. No bad weather here currently though it looks like thunderstorms will be moving into the extreme NE region, where I am, very shortly. Going to turn off PC here soon as the electrical storms last night knocked power off a few times.

Have you ever lived in a high risk state for tornado activity?
It's not scientific like a hurricane warning system is. It's russian roulette.
I've never heard of places closing down because of tornado warnings. I've heard of schools closing early though if severe weather is imminent.

The thing is parents have to go to work regardless so what to do with the children? Tornado hits are so random. Maybe this will change the way severe warning days will be handled. Until now, they've never been this predictable that I'm aware of.

The more we learn about tornadoes the better off we can prepare. But yeah, in my state it is extremely rare for a school to let kids out early because of severe weather. For snow and ice yes, but not because of severe storms.

Woe.be.gone is right. Tornado hits are so random and not every supercell produces a tornado. Believe it or not, tornadoes are actually rare in severe weather. Though the storm line may be hundreds of miles long and span through many states it's almost impossible to predict where a tornado will touch down. Hook echos on radar help and spotters and chasers who visually see a funnel cloud descend to the ground and call it in are our best bets at this point.

ITA-They knew this storm was coming..
why send them to school..

Tornadoes are not predictable like that. Especially this time of yr. Last yr we were told we would have some spring showers. Was not expecting it to be bad yet middle of the day sirens go off and my area was told take cover possible tornado. Thankfully it was nothing. Point is my daughter was at school during this. As nerve racking as it was I had to let her stay there and just pray that it was nothing. I know emotions are running high now but honestly the whole area around the school most likely where these kids live, was hit hard. Home or at school we would be hearing reports of children hurt right now.

Thoughts and prayers to those in the area. I really am hoping many were able to take cover. Nothing worse then having bad weather and having to watch nonstop coverage of weather making sure you do not need to take cover. I have a bag for this time of yr set with some supplies ready to grab if need be as we take cover.

http://goo.gl/maps/j3yjP

The horse farm is on the left and Plaza Towers Elementary school that got hit the hardest is due east and slightly north. (about a mile east)

Briarwood Elementary is slightly south of the horse farm almost touching fences if you will.

Sorry to quote myself, but all the homes between the horse farm and Plaza Tower Elementary have been leveled.

A couple hundred people have come to the Warren Theater.
We have many serious injuries... will be amazed if we don't have fatalities.
OHP

6th grade teacher had 6 kids, she lay on top of them in the bathroom.

Kinder, 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders are not accounted for. They were in the school.

4th, 5th, 6th graders have been moved to a church about a quarter mile from the school.
They were not in the school at the time.

Parents are screaming at rescuers... why aren't they doing more? :tears:

Sgt trying to get people to move back...
Sgt was tearing up confronted by a father upset they weren't doing more.

Be gentle with these rescuers... they have kids too. :tears:

These 75 were in the part of the school that was demolished.

Sorry to quote myself, but all the homes between the horse farm and Plaza Tower Elementary have been leveled.

thanks for posting the map,as someone so far away it helps to give some context.. and also understand what was there before what I'm seeing on the live feed.

Sgt trying to get people to move back...
Sgt was tearing up confronted by a father upset they weren't doing more.

Be gentle with these rescuers... they have kids too. :tears:

These 75 were in the part of the school that was demolished.

How true. Rescuers have a tough job...and yet if I was a parent of one of the kids I'd be as upset and yelling too.

Whiteman airforce base in Missouri may be hit by a tornado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14