6 -- you know, it was just this kind of, I know
7 what's going on here and you don't. And if you
8 give me a few minutes of your time, I could clue
9 you in.
10 TOM HANEY: But she didn't give you
11 a clue or--
12 PATSY RAMSEY: Didn't say, didn't
13 say.

I find this weird. Okay...you have Priscilla saying " well, I know what's going on. If you would give me a few minutes of your time, I could let you in on some things." NOWHERE is JonBenet's name even mentioned....all she is saying is that she knows what is going on, and she would like to clue Patsy in. BUT...then, Patsy says to her..." Priscilla, how can you know so much? I am the mother of this child and I know nothing". But she then goes on to claim that she had no idea what Priscilla is even talking about. So which is it...did she KNOW that Priscilla was talking about JB...or not? If so, HOW did she know by that comment that Priscilla made that she was talking about JB?? AND ALSO...if my child had just been murdered...and someone said to me..."I know what's going on. If you would give me a few minutes of your time, I could let you in on some thing", and I suspected that it was something about my dead child...BY GOLLY...I would say, "Start talking, you have my undivided attention." But, NOOOOO...what does Patsy do...she doesn't ask any questions...she just wishes that SO MANY TIMES (so she had more than one chance) she had taken her up on it, just to see what she was talking about. WELL DUHHHH Patsy...that is a no brainer...why didn't you ask her when she told you that she knew something?? Wouldn't you have wondered....gee...does she know something about the murder? Does she know who did it? Is there something about JB that I don't know? Does Priscilla know of a stalker or a pedophile? WHY didn't she ask Priscilla what the heck she was talking about?? IMO...one of three reasons...
1. She just didn't care about JB, and didn't care what Priscilla had to say.
2. She helped murder her daughter..and knew what Priscilla had to say would not be beneficial in helping to find the killer, because SHE was it.
3. ALL OF THE ABOVE....

6 PATSY RAMSEY: He was -- and like I
7 say, I am kind of like just catching, you know,
8 wafts of these conversations. But that was my
9 first recollection. I picked up on something
10 that Fleet was not acting right. And they were
11 going to keep him from going on the private
12 plane back to Atlanta.
13 So anyway, I didn't want to think
14 too much about it, and then when we were in
15 Atlanta, I just sort of remember Priscilla
16 standing in my mother's living room, family
17 room, you know, just kind of like this and
18 saying, "well, I know what's going on" and she
19 said, "if you would give me a few minutes of
20 your time, I could let you in on some things."
21 And I turned to her and I said,
22 "Priscilla, how can you know so much?" And I
23 said, "I am the mother of this child. And I
24 know nothing."
25 TOM HANEY: What was she referring
1 to?
2 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't have a clue.
3 I really, I mean, you know, so many times I wish
4 I would have taken her up on it to see what the
5 hell she was talking about. There was just her
9 you in.
11 a clue or--
13 say.

I find this weird. Okay...you have Priscilla saying " well, I know what's going on. If you would give me a few minutes of your time, I could let you in on some things." NOWHERE is JonBenet's name even mentioned....all she is saying is that she knows what is going on, and she would like to clue Patsy in. BUT...then, Patsy says to her..." Priscilla, how can you know so much? I am the mother of this child and I know nothing". But she then goes on to claim that she had no idea what Priscilla is even talking about. So which is it...did she KNOW that Priscilla was talking about JB...or not? If so, HOW did she know by that comment that Priscilla made that she was talking about JB?? AND ALSO...if my child had just been murdered...and someone said to me..."I know what's going on. If you would give me a few minutes of your time, I could let you in on some thing", and I suspected that it was something about my dead child...BY GOLLY...I would say, "Start talking, you have my undivided attention." But, NOOOOO...what does Patsy do...she doesn't ask any questions...she just wishes that SO MANY TIMES (so she had more than one chance) she had taken her up on it, just to see what she was talking about. WELL DUHHHH Patsy...that is a no brainer...why didn't you ask her when she told you that she knew something?? Wouldn't you have wondered....gee...does she know something about the murder? Does she know who did it? Is there something about JB that I don't know? Does Priscilla know of a stalker or a pedophile? WHY didn't she ask Priscilla what the heck she was talking about?? IMO...one of three reasons...
2. She helped murder her daughter..and knew what Priscilla had to say would not be beneficial in helping to find the killer, because SHE was it.
3. ALL OF THE ABOVE....

After hearing about this infomation Priscilla had, why wasn't she questioned by LE..or was she. I guess we'll never know.

After reading the douching some say was going on remindes of something.

I once knew someone who was paranoid schizophrenic (sp?)
She was obsessed about sex and religion.

She had three daughters...they were very good girls. From the time they were small she thought the father, grandfather, uncles and all men were sexually molesting them.

When they were teen agers and started dateing..she put them through hell. When they came home she would check them to see if they had sex.

She also did this even when they were small little kids.

I won't go into detail..but you get the picture.

The ones that knew about this kept it hush, hush. never told.

When I think of this, I see PR.

kaykay

This is my opinion only...

24 know nothing."
1 to?
9 you in.
11 a clue or--
13 say.

3. ALL OF THE ABOVE....

Ames,

There is no doubt that Patsy would have asked what she knew if she were not guilty, but she DID NOT want to hear what she had to say. She knew that not everyone was falling for the bull$h%# and she stayed away from that conversation.

There are so many absurd instances in this case that the Ramseys expect people to swallow and some do, some actually give them the excuse, well they were upset. No, not in this instance. If your neighbor tells you she knows things, you listen - but not if you are guilty.

After hearing about this infomation Priscilla had, why wasn't she questioned by LE..or was she. I guess we'll never know.

After reading the douching some say was going on remindes of something.

I once knew someone who was paranoid schizophrenic (sp?)
She was obsessed about sex and religion.

She had three daughters...they were very good girls. From the time they were small she thought the father, grandfather, uncles and all men were sexually molesting them.

When they were teen agers and started dateing..she put them through hell. When they came home she would check them to see if they had sex.

She also did this even when they were small little kids.

I won't go into detail..but you get the picture.

The ones that knew about this kept it hush, hush. never told.

When I think of this, I see PR.

kaykay

This is my opinion only...

There is an a soap opera actress, from "Day's of Our Lives"....(I will pm anyone that wants to know her name)...that had a mom with a mental illness, and thought that her children were full of satan. To get rid of satan, she would give her children BOILING HOT ENEMAS!!! I read her story, and have also heard her tell it on tv, she had to seek psychiatric help..and is STILL having trouble...she is in her 40's now.

There is an a soap opera actress, from "Day's of Our Lives"....(I will pm anyone that wants to know her name)...that had a mom with a mental illness, and thought that her children were full of satan. To get rid of satan, she would give her children BOILING HOT ENEMAS!!! I read her story, and have also heard her tell it on tv, she had to seek psychiatric help..and is STILL having trouble...she is in her 40's now.

I want to know. Thanks Ames

Ames,

There is no doubt that Patsy would have asked what she knew if she were not guilty, but she DID NOT want to hear what she had to say. She knew that not everyone was falling for the bull$h%# and she stayed away from that conversation.

There are so many absurd instances in this case that the Ramseys expect people to swallow and some do, some actually give them the excuse, well they were upset. No, not in this instance. If your neighbor tells you she knows things, you listen - but not if you are guilty.

Exactly!! I would have said...."Talk to me, I have time right this minute". What really IS a red flag, is that not only did she not ask her, when she told her that she "knew what was going on",..what she was talking about, but also said that "many times" she wished that she had of asked her what it was that Priscilla had to say. So she had MANY TIMES that she could have asked her, but didn't. Well...alrighty then. That's just a major, MAJOR red flag in my book. I totally agree with you...she didn't want to hear it, because she was guilty. imo

Exactly!! I would have said...."Talk to me, I have time right this minute". What really IS a red flag, is that not only did she not ask her, when she told her that she "knew what was going on",..what she was talking about, but also said that "many times" she wished that she had of asked her what it was that Priscilla had to say. So she had MANY TIMES that she could have asked her, but didn't. Well...alrighty then. That's just a major, MAJOR red flag in my book. I totally agree with you...she didn't want to hear it, because she was guilty. imo

I guess it is hard to ask someone what they meant after you have told the police you think it is possible that they may have killed your daughter.

I just watched a 2002 interview with Patsy and she is really good. If one did not know better, one would believe her. But then again, I saw a show a good two months ago on a man who killed his son's teacher because he believed he supplied him with crack and had a sexual interest in his son. But anyway, the man adamantly denies all through the show and he is convincing - the only thing I notice is that he looks down when he denies. At the end he admits it.

Patsy has had much more time with this and she is very able to stare into the camera and deny any involvement in such "an evil crime" as John puts it. What I find interesting is that he calls it such and Patsy sits right next to him and just stares straight ahead. Does not agree or disagree. But she often does that. She slightly smiles.

I guess it is hard to ask someone what they meant after you have told the police you think it is possible that they may have killed your daughter.

I just watched a 2002 interview with Patsy and she is really good. If one did not know better, one would believe her. But then again, I saw a show a good two months ago on a man who killed his son's teacher because he believed he supplied him with crack and had a sexual interest in his son. But anyway, the man adamantly denies all through the show and he is convincing - the only thing I notice is that he looks down when he denies. At the end he admits it.

Patsy has had much more time with this and she is very able to stare into the camera and deny any involvement in such "an evil crime" as John puts it. What I find interesting is that he calls it such and Patsy sits right next to him and just stares straight ahead. Does not agree or disagree. But she often does that. She slightly smiles.

I posted on another thread somewhere....can't remember which one, a site that tells how to tell if someone is lying. One of the things is if a person uses alot of "umm's, uhhh's, and I don't know's"....does THAT sound familiar? Go back and count them, in John and Patsy's interviews...

http://www.helium.com/tm/297980

How to tell if somebody is lying

rank_TL.gif
rank_TR.gif
# 4
rank_BL.gif
rank_BR.gif
by Paul Barron

"There are a number of ways to determine whether someone is being truthful or not. The first most recognizable way is related to eye contact. When someone can't look you in the eyes they likely have something to hide or are unsure about what they are saying. The next way is to consider their other body language signals. When people are nervous they tend to fidget. This includes stamping their feet, tapping their fingers, swinging back and forth, putting their hands on their heads, and others.
Often when someone is telling a lie they put one or both hands on or near their facial area. It is as if they don't believe what they are saying so they will inadvertently block their view. Other subtle signs that one is lying includes putting hands over one's mouth, caressing one's chin, scratching one's head, or pulling on the ear. When people know they are lying they need an outlet for their anxiety. This can come in the form of self restraint postures as described above. On the other hand, when someone is telling the truth they are in a much more relaxed state where they exhibit unrestrained normal body language and a calm demeanor.
There are verbal cues to determine whether one is lying or not. Most often when someone is lying their vocal range changes. This range can be very subtle or extreme. A very uncharacteristic voice change is a suspicious sign. A slight voice change may just be due to normal stress, but the observer should watch other cues to see if the person is being truthful or not. The best way to spot a liar is to watch all of their signals; verbal and non-verbal.
Some of the cues that liars give may sound obvious, but many of us forget to watch for them during the normal course of a conversation. When you ask someone a pertinent question and they take an unusually long time to give you an answer, it may mean that their memory is failing them or that they are attempting to construct a false answer. The more slow answers they give the more culpable they are.
A classic trick used by detectives is to tell the person that the lie has already been uncovered. For example, the detective will say, "we know what you did on Johnson street, why don't you just fess up about it." In reality the detective has no clue as to what happened on Johnson street but this trick has made many felons confess to their crime. Likewise, if you feel that a timely answer is crucial you can employ this trick to attempt to get the real information. If it turns out that the person is being honest, you can just say that you were only joking. This way you defuse the situation.
To be a successful liar one has to have a very good memory. The fact is that most people don't have a perfect memory. If they are lying about something the facts will eventually come out in the end. One way to get the facts is to ask the person questions about a string of events surrounding the scenario which you want to gain information about. When you are out of the room write down their response on a note pad. At a later date ask the person the same questions and see if their story has changed. If you notice their story has changed dramatically you can call them on it and see their response. This is also another device used by detectives.
If the situation permits you can be more forceful. This includes strait out saying to the person, "I know you are lying." You repeat this over and over until the person confesses.
Try to determine whether another person's statements add up. If they do add up, add up at a later date, and the person does not exhibit any suspicious communication signals, then there is a good chance they are telling the truth. The one exception would be if the person was professionally trained in the art of lying and avoiding detection. The latter type of person requires more intense analysis which requires a deeper and more abstract observation. One way to find out such a person is to determine whether they fully answered your question. A person who has nothing to hide will divulge more than enough information. On the other hand, someone who is lying will only say as much as necessary to get you off of their case. Pay close attention the quality and quantity of information that they give you.
Liars will want you to assume that they are being truthful. They will give emotional pleas hoping that they will persuade you in some way. They will say things like "I am a very honest person" or "I swear to God." An honest person usually gives the facts in a laid back manner. The truthful person has nothing to prove since they do not feel any sense of guilt. If you sense that the person is going overboard in trying to persuade you then it may be a sign of guilt.
Liars often respond in technicalities. This means that they will say "I am not a felon" because technically they have not been convicted by a court. They may have committed a felonious crime but technically they are not a felon. It is hard for people to lie so they try to stretch the truth into technicalities or they obfuscate the facts.
Stay one step ahead of the person by asking lots of questions. You can ask questions slowly, then launch a flurry of questions. A liar will be disoriented while an honest person will more faster and more comprehensive in his answers.
If someone answers a question with a question then it is a sign of defensiveness. The person may say "why would I do something like that?" or "what do you think happened?" The more questions the person asks you in return the more they are dodging the question. This is just a way for them to buy more time make a false answer. Remember that you are the one doing the interviewing and will not be intimidated."

This is another site about lying that I have found, and these are the techniques that detectives uses.

Notice that it says...if someone is lying, they will put there hand or hands up to their facial area/mouth. Go back and read Patsy's interview....in the transcript, she places her hand to her mouth several times, while looking at pictures. She never used the phrase..."I swear to God"...as mentioned in the article, but she said..."GOD, no"...when asked some questions. Also, remember when she was confronted about JB's previous molestation...and she said..."how do you know that?"....read the last part of the article that is marked in red.

http://www.helium.com/tm/297980

How to tell if somebody is lying

rank_TL.gif
rank_TR.gif
# 4
rank_BL.gif
rank_BR.gif
by Paul Barron

"There are a number of ways to determine whether someone is being truthful or not. The first most recognizable way is related to eye contact. When someone can't look you in the eyes they likely have something to hide or are unsure about what they are saying. The next way is to consider their other body language signals. When people are nervous they tend to fidget. This includes stamping their feet, tapping their fingers, swinging back and forth, putting their hands on their heads, and others.
Often when someone is telling a lie they put one or both hands on or near their facial area. It is as if they don't believe what they are saying so they will inadvertently block their view. Other subtle signs that one is lying includes putting hands over one's mouth, caressing one's chin, scratching one's head, or pulling on the ear. When people know they are lying they need an outlet for their anxiety. This can come in the form of self restraint postures as described above. On the other hand, when someone is telling the truth they are in a much more relaxed state where they exhibit unrestrained normal body language and a calm demeanor.
There are verbal cues to determine whether one is lying or not. Most often when someone is lying their vocal range changes. This range can be very subtle or extreme. A very uncharacteristic voice change is a suspicious sign. A slight voice change may just be due to normal stress, but the observer should watch other cues to see if the person is being truthful or not. The best way to spot a liar is to watch all of their signals; verbal and non-verbal.
Some of the cues that liars give may sound obvious, but many of us forget to watch for them during the normal course of a conversation. When you ask someone a pertinent question and they take an unusually long time to give you an answer, it may mean that their memory is failing them or that they are attempting to construct a false answer. The more slow answers they give the more culpable they are.
A classic trick used by detectives is to tell the person that the lie has already been uncovered. For example, the detective will say, "we know what you did on Johnson street, why don't you just fess up about it." In reality the detective has no clue as to what happened on Johnson street but this trick has made many felons confess to their crime. Likewise, if you feel that a timely answer is crucial you can employ this trick to attempt to get the real information. If it turns out that the person is being honest, you can just say that you were only joking. This way you defuse the situation.
To be a successful liar one has to have a very good memory. The fact is that most people don't have a perfect memory. If they are lying about something the facts will eventually come out in the end. One way to get the facts is to ask the person questions about a string of events surrounding the scenario which you want to gain information about. When you are out of the room write down their response on a note pad. At a later date ask the person the same questions and see if their story has changed. If you notice their story has changed dramatically you can call them on it and see their response. This is also another device used by detectives.
If the situation permits you can be more forceful. This includes strait out saying to the person, "I know you are lying." You repeat this over and over until the person confesses.
Try to determine whether another person's statements add up. If they do add up, add up at a later date, and the person does not exhibit any suspicious communication signals, then there is a good chance they are telling the truth. The one exception would be if the person was professionally trained in the art of lying and avoiding detection. The latter type of person requires more intense analysis which requires a deeper and more abstract observation. One way to find out such a person is to determine whether they fully answered your question. A person who has nothing to hide will divulge more than enough information. On the other hand, someone who is lying will only say as much as necessary to get you off of their case. Pay close attention the quality and quantity of information that they give you.
Liars will want you to assume that they are being truthful. They will give emotional pleas hoping that they will persuade you in some way. They will say things like "I am a very honest person" or "I swear to God." An honest person usually gives the facts in a laid back manner. The truthful person has nothing to prove since they do not feel any sense of guilt. If you sense that the person is going overboard in trying to persuade you then it may be a sign of guilt.
Liars often respond in technicalities. This means that they will say "I am not a felon" because technically they have not been convicted by a court. They may have committed a felonious crime but technically they are not a felon. It is hard for people to lie so they try to stretch the truth into technicalities or they obfuscate the facts.
Stay one step ahead of the person by asking lots of questions. You can ask questions slowly, then launch a flurry of questions. A liar will be disoriented while an honest person will more faster and more comprehensive in his answers.
If someone answers a question with a question then it is a sign of defensiveness. The person may say "why would I do something like that?" or "what do you think happened?" The more questions the person asks you in return the more they are dodging the question. This is just a way for them to buy more time make a false answer. Remember that you are the one doing the interviewing and will not be intimidated."

This is another site about lying that I have found, and these are the techniques that detectives uses.

Notice that it says...if someone is lying, they will put there hand or hands up to their facial area/mouth. Go back and read Patsy's interview....in the transcript, she places her hand to her mouth several times, while looking at pictures. She never used the phrase..."I swear to God"...as mentioned in the article, but she said..."GOD, no"...when asked some questions. Also, remember when she was confronted about JB's previous molestation...and she said..."how do you know that?"....read the last part of the article that is marked in red.

Great article Ames. In reading the depostions, it is irritating how much they "don't remember, or ask Patsy, she might know, or ask John, he might know". I can just see the lawyers saying and if you don't remember something John and Patsy, and you are not sure if one of you does, you might want to tell them that, try asking Patsy or try asking John, because you do want to be helpful, but sometimes you just don't know.

Or possibly, they just out and out said, look they want you for this crime, so a faulty memory is the best one right now. You don't remember.

Great article Ames. In reading the depostions, it is irritating how much they "don't remember, or ask Patsy, she might know, or ask John, he might know". I can just see the lawyers saying and if you don't remember something John and Patsy, and you are not sure if one of you does, you might want to tell them that, try asking Patsy or try asking John, because you do want to be helpful, but sometimes you just don't know.

Or possibly, they just out and out said, look they want you for this crime, so a faulty memory is the best one right now. You don't remember.

I am still trying to find the link to he website that said that when people lie...they say alot of "hmmm's, uhhh's, and I don't know's"...I have the link posted on another thread on this board, I just cannot find it right now. I will keep looking.

19 said, "if you would give me a few minutes of 20 your time, I could let you in on some things."
24 know nothing."
1 to?
9 you in.
11 a clue or--
13 say.

Notice what PR says that Priscilla said? "I could let you in on some things." Not, I know what YOU'VE been doing, I know about JBR and douching (or JBR and corporal punishment) etc. But PR still doesn't want to know, and acts like the information must be untrue.

I know we can't trust what PR says, but if Priscilla or any of the other friends/neighbors knew about douching, or knew about something PR was doing, or knew for a fact that some inappropriate behavior was going on, wouldn't they have come forward with something concrete by now (especially since most of them were thrown under the Team Ramsey bus)?

I tend to think that what the others knew, or what the "mega-intervention" may have involved, might have been some inappropriate behavior on the part of JBR herself. I knew a girl in second grade who knew way too much about sex for a seven-year-old; I don't know if the adults around her were getting concerned, but they very well might have been!

And that's the only reason I can think of why the friends/neighbors etc. didn't come forward and tell police what was worrying them and what they had intended to do--because JBR was dead, and so their descriptions of her conduct, or things she might have said or done which they found disturbing, would now only be hearsay; and the Ramseys had made it pretty clear that they'd sue at the drop of a hat. If the friends had known something concrete about someone else, PR or JR or even BR, they'd have come forward, IMO. But because the only person who could corroborate what they had to say was no longer alive, they couldn't say anything.

Which is one of the many reasons why I think that keeping that little girl silent forever was a motive in her murder.

Notice what PR says that Priscilla said? "I could let you in on some things." Not, I know what YOU'VE been doing, I know about JBR and douching (or JBR and corporal punishment) etc. But PR still doesn't want to know, and acts like the information must be untrue.

I know we can't trust what PR says, but if Priscilla or any of the other friends/neighbors knew about douching, or knew about something PR was doing, or knew for a fact that some inappropriate behavior was going on, wouldn't they have come forward with something concrete by now (especially since most of them were thrown under the Team Ramsey bus)?

I tend to think that what the others knew, or what the "mega-intervention" may have involved, might have been some inappropriate behavior on the part of JBR herself. I knew a girl in second grade who knew way too much about sex for a seven-year-old; I don't know if the adults around her were getting concerned, but they very well might have been!

And that's the only reason I can think of why the friends/neighbors etc. didn't come forward and tell police what was worrying them and what they had intended to do--because JBR was dead, and so their descriptions of her conduct, or things she might have said or done which they found disturbing, would now only be hearsay; and the Ramseys had made it pretty clear that they'd sue at the drop of a hat. If the friends had known something concrete about someone else, PR or JR or even BR, they'd have come forward, IMO. But because the only person who could corroborate what they had to say was no longer alive, they couldn't say anything.

Which is one of the many reasons why I think that keeping that little girl silent forever was a motive in her murder.

Only Priscilla knows what she said. I'm sure the Detectives questioned Priscilla about this encounter.

The fact remains that Patsy was indifferent...she didn't care to hear what Priscilla had to say. That is how a guilty person acts....Patsy is afraid Priscilla knows something that would make Patsy or John suspects.

Priscilla did not approve of High Peaks Elementary School. It was a private school some uppity parents put together...like in public school wasn't good enough for their kids. I can understand Priscilla's point of view.

I think this Mega JonBenet thing came about when Patsy's friends discovered that Patsy had JonBenet sing and dance all day for her elementary school. Steve Thomas claims class by class came in to watch JonBenet perform until the little girl came home exhausted.

24 know nothing."
1 to?
9 you in.
11 a clue or--
13 say.

3. ALL OF THE ABOVE....

I think LE had talked to both the White's,shortly around that time,I recall reading.So my guess is PW wanted to let her in on what they said..and PR didn't want to hear it...b/c she knew it pointed to her.

If I were the interviewer,I would have said,'Ok,let's pick up the phone right now and call her.'
I wonder what reaction she would have had to that.

If I were the interviewer,I would have said,'Ok,let's pick up the phone right now and call her.'
I wonder what reaction she would have had to that.

Why didn't they do that.:banghead:

Why didn't they do ALOT of things? Its just one screw up after another...

I don't know. Word did come down immediately that this was an influential family in Boulder - that was either in Schiller's book or Thomas' book.

So by the time they got around to the "heavy" interview with Haney where he questions her about abuse, she is seasoned. She is not afraid.

Thomas says it was Eller who said the Rs were an "influential family" and should be treated as victims, not suspects. He's the one we have to thank for the police not following SOP that morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NonakaYori
Back