Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She may not have even needed psychedelics to get there.

SG reportedly had a history of Bipolar illness. I don't know if anyone has reported how serious it was (bipolar 1 or bipolar 2). Whatever drugs she may have been using that night (coke? pcp? crystal meth?)- could have easily helped push her over the edge into a psychotic break. If you've ever seen anyone in the midst of a psychotic or manic episode- you'll know what I mean. There can be some serious hard core delusions and paranoia.

But finding 10 bodies- and then hers in the same place- that's too much of a coincidence. I believe she had a legitimate reason to fear for her life.

As they say, "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me."

The idea that 10 bodies in one place is too much of a coincidence is just a mathematical misconception. With an urban center of about 12 million people right behind the horizon, this area is, mathematically spoken, prone to have an average of six active serial killers at every time. Just by population size. But most of the area is just full of buildings of all kinds and the rest is subject to video surveillance. That leaves basically the islands and the forest at Manorville. So chances are, whoever has to drop a body, he will do it there. And since also people live in those areas, sometimes people also get killed or die in those areas and in that case, they just add up. Chances are, the moment, SG died there, it was inevitable, some SK victims were around in the wider area. The difference to normal is only, someone found them and triggered a wider search.

I think your right. We discussed it on the IT thread and somebody mentioned that. I think it had to do with Amazon?

the Amazon problem should be solved in the meantime. They had some mess with their servers (yay to the cloud, it makes foggy in the brain) and thus they sent for some time wrong certificates. So if the problem remains on your side, there has to be something else.

I have been re-reading the earliest posts, here on this thread, and it occurred to me...jumped out at me... Was SG's cellphone found INSIDE the PURSE?

The answer to that question is very significant. Because if she was running for her life and supposedly so "out of it," would she put her phone away? IMO, No.

Now, if the phone was found in the jeans' pocket then that would beg other questions. If it was simply found "near" the purse, the jeans, and the lip gloss then nothing is answered. She could have dropped all of it or someone could have tossed it all there. BUT, if it was inside the purse or the pocket of her jeans then it would be more likely that either she calmed down or someone else put the phone away.

Hope that makes sense. Oddly, I doubt that we will be told exactly how the phone was found. Perhaps, it is in the early reports of the days leading up to finding SG's body.

It would be interesting to know, whether there is cell phone reception in that marsh. Since OB has reception, where are the towers?

It would be interesting to know, whether there is cell phone reception in that marsh. Since OB has reception, where are the towers?

That would be interesting to know! Could a local go check it out? I guess it might matter which provider you have though??

That would be interesting to know! Could a local go check it out? I guess it might matter which provider you have though??

So ... how to figure out, which provider SG had? I am a little cell-phone challenged, so help me out. I threw my last cell phone over a castle wall in Germany like ten years ago, because people thought, I had that thing because I wanted actually be called ... since then, I had no need to blow all the time 2W microwave in my brain. :floorlaugh:

The following is a video after Hurricane Sandy.
[video=youtube;mSQ8PAD702A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSQ8PAD702A[/video]
these are his three videos after the hurricane.
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...6617.5j6j2j6j7.26.0...0.0...1ac.1.gyNZ8It3ZLU

They are well worth watching as it appears to be a maintainance/service provider, for either a cell tower or some sort of microwave dish operated and maintained on the end of Oak Beach, who travels the OP after Hurricane Sandy. There are at least three reasons why these video are remarkable:

It shows the damage near Oak beach to OP and the area between Gilgo and Oak beach.

It is a service vehicle. The type that would not be questioned if seen in a desolate area.

The video was put up by a Youtube member with the name Hitman656565

The name reminded me of the other posts re: Adult Entertainment by two other similar screen names. Here are those links:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gol...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gol...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

The inside of the vehicle has lots of interesting clues to what company this is. Also to who this guy might be. It was a kind of creepy video, in that the guy doesn't say much except at very interesting landmarks.

For anyone who knows much about microwave techie stuff, maybe you can figure out if this is a cable, fiber optic, satellite or cell phone service provider.

The idea that 10 bodies in one place is too much of a coincidence is just a mathematical misconception. With an urban center of about 12 million people right behind the horizon, this area is, mathematically spoken, prone to have an average of six active serial killers at every time. Just by population size. But most of the area is just full of buildings of all kinds and the rest is subject to video surveillance. That leaves basically the islands and the forest at Manorville. So chances are, whoever has to drop a body, he will do it there. And since also people live in those areas, sometimes people also get killed or die in those areas and in that case, they just add up. Chances are, the moment, SG died there, it was inevitable, some SK victims were around in the wider area. The difference to normal is only, someone found them and triggered a wider search.

Are you saying that 11 bodies (most of whom have gone missing in the last few years) on a 10 mile stretch of highway could happen due to chance alone? <modsnip>

Manorville and Gilgo Beach aren't the only undeveloped places in LI- particularly the easternmost 60 miles or so. I seriously doubt there are dead prostitutes, 1/per/mile, in each rural area of the majority of suburban communities.

Lets try this again...

Finally someone on the same page as me!!! LOL

Also, how come when I come to WS suddenly, I ALWAYS get a "threat has been detected" warning, and my antivirus tells me how WS just tried to crash my comouter....

avast! saved your computer from crashing
You just dodged a bullet

You may be wondering how you ended up with a virus, especially if you were visiting a &#8216;normal&#8217; site. The latest research from the avast! Virus Lab shows that more than 80% of malware (viruses, spyware, and the like) spreads through legitimate websites, with only 1% coming from suspicious or &#8216;dodgy&#8217; sites.

Good thing avast! had your back.

Infection Details
URL: http://afe.s**cificclick.net/?l
Process: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\f...
Infection: URL:Mal

Hmmm..

I had that experience today as well and almost froze in my chair!!! It said 'Malicious Threat'. I was responding to a post on another thread here in the LISK site and jumped off real quick. I was going to PM a Mod but then
waited for a bit and then went back and was able to post without it popping up again. Whew !!!

I had that experience today as well and almost froze in my chair!!! It said 'Malicious Threat'. I was responding to a post on another thread here in the LISK site and jumped off real quick. I was going to PM a Mod but then
waited for a bit and then went back and was able to post without it popping up again. Whew !!!

I have some anti-threat devices you should get.

For anyone who knows much about microwave techie stuff, maybe you can figure out if this is a cable, fiber optic, satellite or cell phone service provider.
That dish is how cablevision send it's signal out to Oak Beach. There's one at Gilgo and West Gilgo also.They haven't run a cable that carries all their modern options yet, and that set up only provides a small part of the service available on the mainland.

Are you saying that 11 bodies (most of whom have gone missing in the last few years) on a 10 mile stretch of highway could happen due to chance alone? If so, let's conclude there's no serial killer at all- and everyone can just pack up and go home. Wait- that's what SCPD has already done.

Manorville and Gilgo Beach aren't the only undeveloped places in LI- particularly the easternmost 60 miles or so. I seriously doubt there are dead prostitutes, 1/per/mile, in each rural area of the majority of suburban communities.

I don't think the main draw of the Ocean parkway is that it's undeveloped, it's because the road is straight and flat. At night if there are no headlights coming, you are alone. If you do see headlights, the car is still three minutes away. You can assure yourself you've got the time to unload your cargo.

I don't think the main draw of the Ocean parkway is that it's undeveloped, it's because the road is straight and flat. At night if there are no headlights coming, you are alone. If you do see headlights, the car is still three minutes away. You can assure yourself you've got the time to unload your cargo.

Ewwww, That makes perfect sense but foreboding as all get out! Just the thought of a killer out driving on that road.

When there was 4' of snow on the Expressway the other day I thought of that, if he happened to be driving and got stranded there too. lol

I have been re-reading the earliest posts, here on this thread, and it occurred to me...jumped out at me... Was SG's cellphone found INSIDE the PURSE?

The answer to that question is very significant. Because if she was running for her life and supposedly so "out of it," would she put her phone away? IMO, No.

Now, if the phone was found in the jeans' pocket then that would beg other questions. If it was simply found "near" the purse, the jeans, and the lip gloss then nothing is answered. She could have dropped all of it or someone could have tossed it all there. BUT, if it was inside the purse or the pocket of her jeans then it would be more likely that either she calmed down or someone else put the phone away.

Hope that makes sense. Oddly, I doubt that we will be told exactly how the phone was found. Perhaps, it is in the early reports of the days leading up to finding SG's body.

She wasn't "out of it", she was dellusional. There is a difference.

There is no proof of that. However, the reports of her behaviour indicate that was the case.

There is no proof that she was "out of it" either, and nothing in her reported behaviour indicates that she was "out of it" so why believe that? If she was "out of it" she wouldn't be running around knocking on doors and then behaving in a bizarre manner. On the other hand that is consistent with what someone might be doing if delusional. If they were lucid and looking for help, they wouldn't run away when it was offered. That behaviour means that she took the offer of help irrationally as a threat. In other words, delusional.

So, given lack of proof I think we should go with what the reports tell us, rather than make something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayput1996