DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Lizzack1

Reaction score
S.gif

S.gif

6289310f-aacf-4375-b5bc-8a8c6b57baae.png

Email from my true crime meet up group, which is local to this case (Saratoga Springs, NY)

I'm super excited to announce that Lance and Tim, the dudes of Crawlspace, are doing a very special episode of their weekly evening broadcast about Sheila Shepherd...and we are all invited!

This event is open to the public (aka US) and will be a combination of their audience...and US. The format is going to be different than our usual Zoom jam. Also, it's at 9pm. Just warning you that you're staying up past your bedtimes. And I will not be at Palette at 6pm so please don't come looking for me.

Sheila Shepherd's case was the first discussed by our group and so we are all pretty emotionally invested in this. A shout out to Liz for bringing it to our attention, and a shout out to all of you for your time and dedication to what we have been doing since August 2019 in this True Crime Club.
S.gif

IF YOU NEED A REFRESHER ON THIS CASE
TAKE A PEEK BELOW

You know what really struck me when speaking with the Crawlspace folks? They seemed sincere and legit and also sincere. If you want to hear a really extensive exploration of the case, you should listen to the episodes below or do a little google hunting (or just email Liz...she's got ya!).

If you have questions or comments, there is a chat room element tomorrow! I KNOW LIKE THIS IS REAL LIFE YOU GUYS.

Episode 1 - The Unsolved Murder of Sheila Shepherd
Episode 2 - In Saratoga Springs
Episode 3 - From the Case File
Episode 4 - Aunt Terrie
Episode 5 - Sheila's Network
Episode 6 - Stolen Flowers on Sheila's Grave
Episode 7 - Original Investigator Mitchell
S.gif

HERE ARE THE DETAILS TO JOIN!!!!

Wednesday, November 25 at 9PM
We will NOT be meeting at our usual time and place.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN:
https://getvokl.com/live-broadcast/Crawlspace-LIVE-Unsolved-murder-of-Sheila-Shepherd

2 photos from the time
Window looks open. was it? she kept it unlocked i read
if i go through that window i would be in her bedroom yes?
A Tuesday, before Thanksgiving. I thought it was January for some reason.
she may had went to the bar she visited often. And was killed early Sunday morning around 3am Sunday. If that window was open when she was found, i would say the killer at least left by they exit. If they entered that way, they had to know that was her apartment, and the fire escapee led to her apartment.

perhaps he wanted it to look like the double initial murderer did it. But it was a copycat like. so someone local that knew about the double initial killings.

Not buying it was an accident. Like as if she was into mild b&d. not telling everything about the crime scene which is understandable. Probably someone whom had/has psychotic problems. and took medicine to help them appear normal around others.

was that bar she went to alot. within walking distance?

I would say the killer went in and out that fire escape.

for right now i would say this was a thrill kill. until told otherwise, someone that knew she lived alone, was alone all that. someone followed her home, probablely from that bar, for no other reason than to kill her for the thrill of it. Sex wasn't the main motive here, but the killing was.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-25 162514.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-25 162514.png
    712.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2020-11-25 162619.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-25 162619.png
    610.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
the bar was about a 7-10 walk to her home. While it is a very safe walk today, back in the 80’s she would have had to cross a shady/undesirable bar parking lot that was just yards away from her home.

it’s been established that she had been known to leave the window to the fire escape unlocked. The window was directly above her bed. When her uncle climbed the fire escape and discovered her, he ran out of her apartment and was unable to recall in the panic if the locked door had also been deadbolted. So without knowing either way, it’s impossible to know which way this person exited.

either this was a person she knew who was aware she lived alone. Or a person who followed her.

Evidence was submitted to the state lab in 2018 to see if there they can get a hit on dna. I have no way to confirm it, but word on the street is that movement has been made on it recently. Hopefully we’ll have an update soon.

in regards to your theory on the MO, I will point out that cause of death was asphyxiation from a garment shoved down her throat. Absolutely no signs of struggle (bound ankles and wrists left zero ligature marks). IMO she may have been suffocate with a pillow first.

2 photos from the time
Window looks open. was it? she kept it unlocked i read
if i go through that window i would be in her bedroom yes?
A Tuesday, before Thanksgiving. I thought it was January for some reason.
she may had went to the bar she visited often. And was killed early Sunday morning around 3am Sunday. If that window was open when she was found, i would say the killer at least left by they exit. If they entered that way, they had to know that was her apartment, and the fire escapee led to her apartment.

perhaps he wanted it to look like the double initial murderer did it. But it was a copycat like. so someone local that knew about the double initial killings.

Not buying it was an accident. Like as if she was into mild b&d. not telling everything about the crime scene which is understandable. Probably someone whom had/has psychotic problems. and took medicine to help them appear normal around others.

was that bar she went to alot. within walking distance?

I would say the killer went in and out that fire escape.

for right now i would say this was a thrill kill. until told otherwise, someone that knew she lived alone, was alone all that. someone followed her home, probablely from that bar, for no other reason than to kill her for the thrill of it. Sex wasn't the main motive here, but the killing was.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back