Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion....I believe that CC premeditated the entire thing as sad as it sounds. But, he is very smart & I believe that the threats and all were to help LE look someone other than at him when the murders occurred. He knew he would be the first suspect. That's why he called LE for a "welfare check" only shortly after he had left. He was only supposely at the gym, why not drive back home to check on HIS FAMILY as soon as he supected something wrong???

LOL, not wanting to correct you, but the NOT suspect THINKS he's smart.

He can't even come up with an *original* screenplay.

I've seen cases where there were 'alleged threats.' Just can't recall the exact cases right now.

Jason Young didn't call for a 'welfare check,' but he did call his SIL to go to his home (his wife was supposed to be at work) to retrieve a fax. The SIL discovered the wife's body. She also discovered her 2 yo niece walking around in the home, leaving little footprints from her mom's blood. The problem was, Jason had called his SIL earlier and she didn't get there for several hours.

The fax turned out to be an EBay printout of an auction that would have expired. Jason is still free..............for now.

Jason Young also lawyered up Day1, avoided his wife's family, stopped talking to LE and the press. He thinks he's smart too!!!!!!!!!! He just wasn't counting on Cassidy saying "Daddy did it" as recorded in the 911 tape.

Oh, but Chris Coleman was smart enough to NOT call 911 so he'd be recorded, he called a neighbor/policeman.

I'm willing to bet, Chris Coleman made LOTS of mistakes. The first being, IMHO, slaughtering his family and then thinking he could get away with it.:mad:

JMHO
fran

PS....Just wait, when all is said in done, we're all going to be *shaking our heads* in disbelief over some of the STOOOOPID things he did that LE already knows he did.......fran

Oh, but Chris Coleman was smart enough to NOT call 911 so he'd be recorded, he called a neighbor/policeman.

Puhleeeeeze!!! Let's go ahead and burn Coleman at the stakes based on PRESUMPTION!

The neighbor was one of two officers who were asked to watch the house after the threats were put in the mailbox.

Coleman likely reasonsed that there was an LE person right across the street who could be there "in an instant" .. it is reported the neighbor found the bodies and called for backup.

Yes I did know CC and the Coleman family quite well, years ago.
I don't remember if he is right or left handed. I remember him playing a little baseball and basketball. CC's main sport was cross country running. He was always very thin as you you would expect from a runner. From what I saw in the videos he is a lot more muscular now, enough to make me wonder if he had messed with steroids.

Puhleeeeeze!!! Let's go ahead and burn Coleman at the stakes based on PRESUMPTION!

The neighbor was one of two officers who were asked to watch the house after the threats were put in the mailbox.

Coleman likely reasonsed that there was an LE person right across the street who could be there "in an instant" .. it is reported the neighbor found the bodies and called for backup.

Oh, I don't want him burned at the stake. Whatever gave you that idea?:rolleyes:

No, I will settle for him getting a fair trial.

That's more than he did for his wife and sons.:mad:

Just sayin'
fran

Thanks, Kiki. If I wanted to read the book , I could get a copy. If I felt the need to be lectured on the subject, I would ask for it.

Some of the men I have studied who either killed or are suspected of killing their wives are people I know on a personal level. Four came from one single family. Frankly, I don't need a book to tell me the circumstances, their patterns, behaviors, or anything else. I watched them closely, talked to them, and was stalked by one of them almost becoming a victim myself days before he murdered his wife. I knew everyone in their circle and discussed them at length. It was an education you cannot get from reading a book or hearing it from other people.

I haven't seen anything about it being 5 hours before police notified the family. The only mention I have seen is that Chris did not call them for 48 hours.

I can't recall if it was from blogs or news reports or both. But I've seen the term 5 hours and I've also seen the time at around 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, which is 5 hours after LE found the victims.

JMHO
fran

Well, I have to admit, there is a K9 unit of the secret service and of protection of the President.

http://www.pbase.com/thpproductions/ss

Kinda' makes one wonder though, IF Chris Coleman was in fact a member of this unit, why he didn't stay in the service? or, at the least, as a Federal employee. These types of positions are NOT that easy to get. Even CIA has very strict rules, etc,...............NOT the least to mention as another poster brought out, HIGH government clearance. You would have thought he would have used that as a stepping stone for a career.

Sorry, regular security people aren't exactly my idea of a 'move in the right direction' career wise.

JMHO
fran

Although it was posted that he made $100k/year in this security position. He is also from this area, so he may have just wanted to move back here.

I still don't know enough to be 100% convinced that CC is guilty. I have a "gut feeling" he is the killer, but it does me no good to rush to judgment other than to blind myself to other pertinent facts which may arise that could lead me to conclude that he is not guilty.

Well, I have to admit, there is a K9 unit of the secret service and of protection of the President.

http://www.pbase.com/thpproductions/ss

Kinda' makes one wonder though, IF Chris Coleman was in fact a member of this unit, why he didn't stay in the service? or, at the least, as a Federal employee. These types of positions are NOT that easy to get. Even CIA has very strict rules, etc,...............NOT the least to mention as another poster brought out, HIGH government clearance. You would have thought he would have used that as a stepping stone for a career.

Sorry, regular security people aren't exactly my idea of a 'move in the right direction' career wise.

JMHO
fran

That kind of security, like rentacops - ie guards that work at stores, etc, probably not, LOL. But, security consulting and all, alarm firms and all is a big business and some of that is a pretty good career.

For those posters who found the above article (a book summary, not a lecture, for which I can not take credit) beneficial I'm glad that you found this of use in understanding this baffling, heartbreaking case. For any who can find no benefit, please disregard. I felt it was pertinent to the thread topic and have the right to share and post like any other member here. Not all posts will be of equal value to all members. Sometimes I've taken a risk, and shared my own experiences which are found credible or assigned merit to varying degrees ETA: These are often dismissed as merely "one person's experience." As this book represents a study of women murdered by their husbands from a far broader perspective, and because not everybody has time to read books, I felt there were some relevant and valuable insights within this brief, concise summary worth sharing here. (That's quite a trick to lecture without writing a single word.)

:parrot:

Is this really necessary? No one has persuaded me about anything. I will say it one more time...we don't KNOW for a fact anything about his personality, patterns, or behaviors yet.

We have not seen Chris in front of the cameras like we saw the other men who conveniently vanished their wives instead of getting divorces. They were not camera shy and seemed to enjoy the attention. Therefore, we cannot say he is an abuser, an egoist, narcissistic, controlling, or any of the above. He may have another type of personality altogether.

Still, it doesn't mean he did not kill his wife and family. I realize it is difficult for some to comprehend because they have not had the experience, but there are other personalities that kill. Not every wife is abused before she is murdered.

I agree with you!

Hello Bluenotes,

BTW, thanks for your earlier posts and the hunting around you did, also for your previous input -- I was looking for you :blowkiss:

Precisely -- people are restrained for all manner of reason, often so that they do not injure themselves or anyone else (or go somewhere or do something they ought not.) From what I can tell so far, based on articles and rumor, he was flailing and needed to be restrained -- he was not going "somewhere" and needed to be restrained but came out of the house and was flailing. I personally think there was a very probably ulterior motive to the flailing. But then I've beaten that horse nearly to death now :)

Bluenotes, didn't you tell us your mate went to the viewing? It seems you mentioned they noted Chris saying "Thank you for travelling so far" or "coming" or some such -- but that your mate and others who attended with them were creeped out by what they felt was a lack of grieving or some such?

I don't want to put words in your mate's mouth (or their typing fingers) -- but might they provide us with a type of eyewitness account without exposing who they are? Did they attend with a group of people from an employment, or club, that knew Sheri and/or Chris? Did any of them, at that time, hear what we have heard in rumors? One person was rumored to have heard from Chris' mom that Sheri's jaw was broken, one person was rumored to have heard this from Chris himself. Was any such thing overheard by those of your mate/friends that were there?

I can fathom someone trying to calm themself to meet the public under such a circumstance, I can fathom someone being sedated to handle it -- given murders, but I don't get the feeling that those who you knew who attended got a "comfortable" feeling at all -- are these generally very discerning people? Can you, your mate, any of them give them further insight? Where was Chris for the time that they were there? Since the caskets did not appear to be open, what was the "viewing" -- to see the caskets, to express sympathy to Chris?

FINALLY -- do you happen to have the program from that viewing still?

W

I don't have the program, I think my wife threw it away.
CC said to her something to the effect of "Thanks for coming, thanks for driving all the way out here." It wasn't what he said as much as how he acted. Everyone I know (and there's quite a few) that went there went in thinking he was innocent and left having at best doubts about his innocence...womens intuition I guess. Now these are not folks who would jump to conclusions...they all knew CC and SC fairly well and have said he seemed like a nice, family man.

The caskets were closed. It was rumored there and at the candlelight service that SC had more wounds than just from strangulation.

CC said to her something to the effect of "Thanks for coming, thanks for driving all the way out here." It wasn't what he said as much as how he acted. Everyone I know (and there's quite a few) that went there went in thinking he was innocent and left having at best doubts about his innocence...womens intuition I guess. Now these are not folks who would jump to conclusions...they all knew CC and SC fairly well and have said he seemed like a nice, family man.

The caskets were closed. It was rumored there and at the candlelight service that SC had more wounds than just from strangulation.
Thanks for the personal insights. Could you ask your wife and others if they saw Chris as an arrogant, abusive, or controlling person? A first hand account of his personality is very much welcomed. Thanks again~

That kind of security, like rentacops - ie guards that work at stores, etc, probably not, LOL. But, security consulting and all, alarm firms and all is a big business and some of that is a pretty good career.

I agree. I don't think $100K a year, particularly in the Midwest, is a bad income whatsoever. And while I am still a bit fuzzy on his actual responsibilities for JMM, it sounds like he had quite a bit.

Fran, I can't explain the reason why, but this bothers my. Alot. The timing, the fact that CC is in surveillance and controlled the equipment, and how nothing was ever "seen" by the camera facing the mailbox. I truly wish I could put my finger on the why it bugs me, but my gut tells me something is very wrong here and that it was, indeed, nothing short of a ruse.

ITA Am beginning to wonder if the so-called menacing "threats" CC claimed to have received were a ploy in order to justify putting their home--and his wife--under surveillance. If he was traveling, and having affairs himself, he may have come up w a reason to keep tabs on her comings and goings and this ruse provided him w an excuse.

It would be nice to return to the discussion of this case, our theories, and thoughts. It is not personal, but all, in my humble opinion, are worth talking about. Some have more interest on one possible theory than another. Let's just respect that. Can we move on now and let bygones be bygones????

Sorry .....

It may be a good career, security consulting and all, but it looks like he couldn't make a go of it, to me anyway. The security business he tried to set up doesn't appear to have gone anywhere.

I understand what you're saying though.
:)
fran

Thank You, It does help a lot to know how the local people feel about CC.

ITA Am beginning to wonder if the so-called menacing "threats" CC claimed to have received were a ploy in order to justify putting their home--and his wife--under surveillance. If he was traveling, and having affairs himself, he may have come up w a reason to keep tabs on her comings and goings and this ruse provided him with an excuse.

I think that is possible. Another way to stay on top of things. Wouldn't want to have made a "lie" error that he would be caught in. Another thing I wonder. Is it possible he bought some of the home surrviellance through the Church? He was responsible for it. I wonder if he did....

I still don't know enough to be 100% convinced that CC is guilty. I have a "gut feeling" he is the killer, but it does me no good to rush to judgment other than to blind myself to other pertinent facts which may arise that could lead me to conclude that he is not guilty.

AMEN!.... to the statement of "blind myself to other pertinent facts... "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member