Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not knowing the way Illinois does things, I am concerned that perhaps The Money Store just mailed these docs to the Colemans and they never sat down with anyone! On the west coast, all of this is done and notarized at once. FOR PROTECTION!
let me see if I can get McLovin to sign on. she knows how it is done.

Oddly enough, looking at the first mortgage, refi, and the quit claim, the signatures on the first mortgage and the quit claim seem to match pretty closely. The signature for SC on the refi appears to be the oddball...

That's what I thought too.

Chestergal, did the paper come out today? I was wondering if they come out early now like we were wondering and if they have the case on the front page or not! Thanks!

I don't get it until Thursday (when the mailman delivers it - which all subscribers get it in the mail here as they don't throw this paper)

okay I got it ..brb

Have we seen a copy of the note? or just the mortgage?

Hello all and sorry for lurking the past week or so. I've been away from the area. Here are a few bits of information that some of you may find helpful. I previously explained my background and then edited my comments to remove much of that information as a security precaution. I won't name my sources, therefore it's fair enough that the information I share may not be widely believed. But here's what I know:

1. Joyce Meyer quickly began to realize that the situation with CC was not as it appeared at first glance. CC was not on any type of "leave" from JMM at the time of the murders. JMM was not aware of CC's adultery until two employees who worked close with CC came forward with that information. It was immediately decided that CC would not continue with JMM after that information came forward. Those of you who are familiar with JM know that, say what you will about her, she's a smooth operator and one heck of a business woman (as is Dave, her husband.) They, like the rest of us, pretty quickly figured out that things weren't looking right regarding CC. She is not a happy person to know that CC used JMM property to have his affair and to stage false threats.

2. TL is not the person in the photograph from the Tampa Gold Club website that has previously been discussed on this forum. TL is not and has not been in the past a "stripper." I realize that being a "hostess" at a "gentlemen's club" doesn't seem to be a lot different but it important to keep the facts straight and multiple individuals in the Largo/St. Petersburg area confirm that she has not been a stripper. By most accounts, she didn't have a fabulous reputation in that area before her connection to CC came to light and certainly this hasn't helped that reputation. She is being very helpful to LE and Margulis wouldn't have a leg to stand on if he were to try to somehow utilize TL as a scapegoat. She's just been to upfront with LE from the get-go for that to be effective.

3. In speaking with individuals who worked with CC at JMM, not one of the many I have heard from were aware of the threats that CC was "receiving" at home. We're talking about dozens of JMM workers who interacted regularly with CC that had no clue about these supposed threats and their supposed connection to his work with JMM. Most all of JMM workers seem resigned to the fact that CC just did one heck of a job hiding who he really was. JM has met with her workers to let them know that she shares their frustration, anger and pain and has prayed over her employees. Many of them expressed real appreciation for the genuine way that JM has dealt with her feelings about the situation at hand and all agree that JMM has been working with LE from the very beginning, sharing whatever information was helpful. Also, to tie up a loose end out there, the SPD poster who said that she was the wife of a member of the MCS that said the spray paint was found to have come from JMM was incorrect. That is not the case.

4. There is no relationship other than CC between JMM and Grace Church Ministries. While many at GCM are fans or followers of JM, there are theological differences that to you and I don't seem like much but to a Pentecostal are very important. CC is the link between the two and GCM is not a "spin-off" of JMM in any way.

That's all I've got and, as I said, I read a great deal of things posted with a grain of salt myself. I simply ask that you consider the information I've shared and know that it comes from sources that I certainly consider credible.

I may have an additional tidbit to share later this evening if I can confirm the details.

Best to you all!
Welcome to WS, SouthernIllinoisman~ Great post even I have to disagree with the photo not being Miss Motive. ;) I still say it looks very much like her. It could be an old photo and they haven't changed it yet. Maybe a reporter from Tampa could get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for the information regarding JMM and his co-workers. It is important they did not know about the threats. It is also interesting to hear that JM met with her employees to discuss the situation and has been open with them plus with LE. Did anyone mention if JMM was receiving threats during the same time period? This is a burning question at the moment.

The connection I am curious about is the one between JM and Ronald Coleman. While their ministries may differ, he was the one who asked her to hire Christopher. What relationship do they have for such a request? It cannot just be the CC connection since Ronald had to step in on his behalf.

Do we get that additional tid bit now?! :)

They do mortgages in IL (title theory state), not TDs apparently. But yes, her name WAS on the mortgage.

Interesting point (not that it matters) is that the recorder's stamp numbers on the new mortgage and the QC deed are consecutive and the QC is the lower numbered document, but they would be considered simultaneous.

Note - the difference is not really important to the discussion here, in case anyone is wondering - it's just how a particular state's laws are that determines which is used.

Because this wasn't done with a "physical" lender, Lord knows what they checked and didn't check! It appears the docs were handled via a title company out of Chicago. The QC wouldn't have gone to the lender, so they wouldn't have known about it. I wanted to see the doc number on the Deed of Trust, as well as the name of the notary. I was hoping the locals might know who the notary is!

While I appreciate you taking the time to get that, I think the site's data is faulty. It says the house is 950 square feet. No way!

I saw that but there are comp houses in the table below that list sq footage in the upper 2,000 .. on the same street

I saw that but there are comp houses in the table below that list sq footage in the upper 2,000 .. on the same street

heh, maybe some other funny business went on with the title that hasn't come out yet! I drove by the house a couple weeks ago, and it isn't any larger or smaller than other houses on the block.

Well, don't infect ME with it!

scared.gif

Not knowing the way Illinois does things, I am concerned that perhaps The Money Store just mailed these docs to the Colemans and they never sat down with anyone! On the west coast, all of this is done and notarized at once. FOR PROTECTION!

I am thinking the same thing.....especially since up at the top appears the name of Scott Rutkay for MLD Mortgage. At this link:

http://www.banking.state.ny.us/wb090424.pdf

an Adam Scott Rutkay of Florham, NJ applied for approval as a Mortgage Loan Originator on April 8, 2009. The Money Store/MLD Mortgage is located in Florham Park, NJ. Reading the reviews at epinions about them I sure would be hesitant to do business with them.

http://www.epinions.com/The_Money_Store/display_~reviews

OKay, just got off the phone with the lawyah.
He says this actually sounds like an above board transaction of a couple preparing for divorce.
What we need to know is if she signed THE NOTE. he said she would have signed the mortgage instrument but not the note. He reminded me that my brother just did this exact thing in Illinois. IN my brother's case,his ex wife refinanced the house, he signed the mortgage, but did not sign the note and he quitclaimed off at closing and took the cash out from the refi. he took the cash and she kept the house with a new note under her name only.

So we need to know if she signed the note!

Kimster they have a round table settlement in Illinois, not like escrow here in CA. They use Title like we use escrow and they used Synergy Title Services.

Zillow says the same thing - and the picture's pretty recent as well!

No way that's 950sf.

Interestingly Zillow shows a sale price of 212,000 in 2005, which means they only put down about $10K, So the refi gave them back their down payment and another $20K on top of that - they had no money of their own into the place at that point.

I found the house in Affton - JMM purchased it 5/10/02 for $145,000. They owned the home until they sold it for $180,344 5/13/05. So if CC was living there rent free for 3 years, you'd think he could have put more than $10K down?

Please don't ask for any links as this home is no longer in JMM's name and I don't want to put the current owner's name out there.

Value of home per Yahoo real estate:

odd! Zillo's photo is one of the house being processed after the murders
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2854-Robert-Dr-Columbia-IL-62236/67199565_zpid/

Wow...that picture would certainly make ME want to buy that house if this were a listing! FWIW, it looks like a user by the name of mikesfree uploaded that picture to the site 5 days ago.

I know this is not in any way a funny situation, BUT on that link at Zillo, if you scroll down the page there's a section that says:

Are you the owner? As the owner, you can:

Claim your home
Edit your home facts
Get e-mail alerts for this property
Set a Make Me Move® price
Create your own estimate

Boy, could we fill in the blanks on these! :rolleyes:

And, hello all,...

This all goes back to how that house looked when LE went in on the day of the murders...was it packed for a move?

OKay, just got off the phone with the lawyah.
He says this actually sounds like an above board transaction of a couple preparing for divorce.
What we need to know is if she signed THE NOTE. he said she may have signed the mortgage instrument but not the note. He reminded me that my brother just did this in Illinois. IN my brother's case,his ex wife refinanced the house, he signed the mortgage, but did not sign the note and he quitclaimed off at closing and took the cash out from the refi. he took the cash and she kept the house with a new note under her name only.

So we need to know if she signed the note!

Kimster they have a round table settlement in Illinois, not like escrow here in CA. They use Title like we use escrow and they used Synergy Title Services.

Soooooooooo....the instrument that was titled as the "mortgage" was the Deed of Trust in this case? Whew. How odd. I thought all deeds were universal all over the country. I'm getting a cultural lesson here!

Soooooooooo...(again!), Sheri may have known that their marriage was on the rocks and didn't share that with her family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member