Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH NOW I KNOW WHY THE DEED OF TRUST LOOKS WEIRD TO ME! It was for an FHA mortgage! Probably did that because you can get more cash out on an FHA loan.

They must have been pretty serious about wanting that cash out!!!
Plus we use deeds of trust as the security instrument here and in Illinois they use mortgages.

Did you know that Garett and Gavin were Sheri's parents' only grandchildren? :sad:

Hi artie,

I believe the messages were aimed at Coleman. :eek:

If that were the case then the "real killer" is even dumber than CC.

Killing a man's wife and family and leaving for revenge or to see to it that justice is served, makes no sense at all. CC nor his family have so much as asked for justice, help from the public ... nothing.

However they did show great disrespect to Sheri's family. In time they will wish the hell they hadn't.

If that were the case then the "real killer" is even dumber than CC.

Killing a man's wife and family and leaving for revenge or to see to it that justice is served, makes no sense at all. CC nor his family have so much as asked for justice, help from the public ... nothing.

However they did show great disrespect to Sheri's family. In time they will wish the hell they hadn't.
Isn't it the truth? The family will rue the day they refused to acknowledge Sheri's family.

The "SODDI" guy wouldn't have bothered spraypainting his messages. No need when the message would get through loud and clear with the murder of 3 family members. Who needs to leave a note after that?! :eek:

Last night I was going through some old papers and came across some pamplets from my local Family Violence Center. One of the pamplets was entitled "Assessing Whether Abusers Will Kill". Two of the points mentioned which really struck me were:

"Fantasies of Homicide or Suicide" - The more the abuser has developed a fantasy about who, how, when and/or where to kill, the more dangerous he may be.

"Seperation Violence" - When an abuser believes that he is about to lose his partner or he can't envision life without her or if the separation causes him great despair and/or rage, he may choose to kill.

I bring this up because ever since I heard about the way CC treated Sheri's family over the funeral, her posessions and access to the house it just screamed "CONTROL" issues to me. Anyone that is familiar with an abuser will know that control is everything to them. The way in which the crimes were committed and the messages left on the walls also spoke to me of the perpetrator being filled with a huge amount of rage. Then there is the possible premeditation factor with the threats/notes. While we don't know for a fact that CC was abusive, I have to admit that from what I have seen so far in this case, I think he was. If he was, and Sheri was considering divorce then she could have been in much more danger than she ever realized. JMO, MOO, IMO

Mortgage and related docs:

http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/colemanfirstmortgage.pdf (original mortage upon purchase in 2005)

http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/colemanrefinance.pdf (refinance Oct. 6, 2008)

http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/colemanquitclaim.pdf (quit claim deed Oct. 6, 2008)

It appears the quitclaim and re-fi occurred on the same day.

I am no professional but Sheri's signature on the original mortgage in 2005 does not match the other two.

PROPERTY DISTRIBUTION:
Illinois is an equitable distribution state, meaning that marital property shall be divided equitably, not necessarily equally. For purposes of distribution of property, all property acquired by either spouse after the marriage and before a judgment of dissolution of marriage is presumed to be marital property, regardless of whether title is held individually or by the spouses in some form of co-ownership such as joint tenancy, tenancy in common, tenancy by the entirety, or community property. Marital property shall be divided, without regard to marital misconduct, considering all relevant factors, including:

Non-marital property is considered:

Property acquired by gift, legacy or descent.
Property acquired in exchange for property acquired before the marriage or in exchange for property acquired by gift, legacy or descent.
Property acquired by a spouse after a judgment of legal separation.
Property excluded by valid agreement of the parties.
Any judgment or property obtained by judgment awarded to a spouse from the other spouse.
Property acquired before the marriage.

you might be right - see red above

http://divorcesupport.about.com/od/usstatedivorcelaws/a/illinois_laws.htm

(Snipped by me for space).

I wonder if it is similar to CA divorce law. Here, if property acquired during the marriage is put into one spouse's name only, quit claimed, then the title creates a presumption that the property is separate and not community property. That presumption can be overcome.
However, even if the presumption is not overcome, any increase in equity after the date title is changed but before the date of separation, is considered community property. So, if quit-claimed property increases greatly in value after title is transferred but before separation, than the increase in value (or at least the portion of the increase not attributed to any separate property contribution), is community property and will be divided accordingly. But, the FULL value of the home will not be considered community property if the presumption can't be overcome.

4. There is no relationship other than CC between JMM and Grace Church Ministries. While many at GCM are fans or followers of JM, there are theological differences that to you and I don't seem like much but to a Pentecostal are very important. CC is the link between the two and GCM is not a "spin-off" of JMM in any way.

T

WRONG Recently JMM gave $100,000 to GCM to pay off the church.

I am no professional but Sheri's signature on the original mortgage in 2005 does not match the other two.

I agree with you on that. However, if they are legit and they were doing it for divorce reasons then I can understand but why remove her name from both vehicle titles too (if that rumor is true). The house I might understand but both vehicles too....no way!

She didn't give up her rights to the house. In IL name on the deed or not... If the property is acquired during the marriage then it is split 50/50 in the event of a divorce.

Why the quit claim was done is still a mystery but she was not giving up her rights to the house by signing the quit claim. No judge would take her 50% away after 11 years of marriage and with children being born between the 2 of them.

The quit claim deed would not hinder Sheri in a divorce. She would still get her share of the home. However upon her death it would keep the house of probate if her family were to try to challenge CC for an inheritance.

Makes CC look guilty as hell.

They don't look all that similar to me, either. I'd like to see the voter registration card that the analyst used to compare. Is it online?

What analyst? Did I miss something?

One of the media stations...was it Fox???...had a handwriting analyzer look at Sheri's sig on her voter registration card and compared it to the Quit Claim and he said it appeared to be the same signature. This happened today.:blowkiss:

One of the media stations...was it Fox???...had a handwriting analyzer look at Sheri's sig on her voter registration card and compared it to the Quit Claim and he said it appeared to be the same signature. This happened today.:blowkiss:

Kimster...the signatures were mentioned in the Belleville News Democrat. :)

http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/783711.html

On May 11, News-Democrat reporters showed two documents -- Sheri Coleman's voter registration card signed July 25 and the Oct. 6 quit-claim deed -- to handwriting expert Betty Butts, of Kirkwood, Mo.

Butts concluded the signatures were made by the same person.

Thanks, I obviously missed that media story.

Does anyone know if Sheri had a will? Any rumors?

Thanks, I obviously missed that media story.

Does anyone know if Sheri had a will? Any rumors?

Melly...I believe that in the same article that mentioned the signatures, it says that she had no will. :)

Sheri Coleman and her children died without a will, leaving control of the house and other
assets to Chris Coleman. The wrongful death lawsuit challenges his right to inherit any
assets from the marriage.

Melly...I believe that in the same article that mentioned the signatures, it says that she had no will. :)

Thanks, I saw that after I made my post. However it surprizes me that she didn't have a will since I know that most financial seminars strongly advise people to have a will regardless of their age, and they hosted a financial course in their home a few months ago IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd